REQUIREMENTS

Fresh installation
One working OSX environment
Whole disk available (No partitions)
Knowledge in PLIST edition
Backup Made (EVERYTHING WILL BE ERASED)
Latest BIOS version
4k sector patch NVME
WIFI CARD DW1560 (EFI FOLDER CONTAIN PATCH FOR THIS CARD ONLY)

1 - CREATE USB

• Download High Sierra from AppStore
  • Plug in your USB Key (16GB or More)
  • Format it with Disk Utility and name it « MyVolume »
  • Launch Terminal and type : sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume
  • Mount the EFI partition /MyVolume/EFI/ with Clover Configurator (See in the EFI Folder)
  • Copy the entire EFI folder linked to the post to /MyVolume/
2 - BIOS SETTINGS

MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS CORRECT BEFORE CONTINUE OR IT WILL FAIL ON BOOT !

System Information

•      Check that Video Memory is already 64MB 
  •      Advanced Boot Options (all off

System Configuration
  •      SATA Operation (AHCI)
  •      Drives (all on)
  •      SMART Reporting (on)
  •      USB Configuration (all on)
  •      Dell Type-C Dock Configuration (on)
  •      Thunderbolt Adapter Configuration (all on, no security)
  •      USB PowerShare (on)
  •      Audio (all on)
  •      Touchscreen (on)
  •      Miscellaneous Devices (all on except SD Card Reader)
  •      CPU XD (on) 

Secure Boot

•      Secure Boot Enable (disabled

Intel Software Guard Extensions

•      Intel SGX Enable (Software-Controlled) 

Performance

•      (Everything on/enabled

Power Management

•      (USB Wake Support = off)
  •      (Wake on Dell USB-C Dock = on) 
  •      Wake on WLAN (off)
  •      Block Sleep (off) 

Virtualization Support

•      (Everything on) 

3 - BOOT PROCESS

• Start your computer and press F12 to open the boot menu
  • Boot from your USB Key
  • Select the "Installer from (Your usb key)" (Verbose mode is enable by default to see what's going on if it fail)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WAIT ! EVEN IF YOU THINK THAT THE LOADING BAR IS STUCKED IT COULD TAKE 5MIN TO LOAD ENTIRELY

IF IT FAIL SEE THE REHABMAN GUIDE BEFORE ASKING QUESTION

IF YOU CAN'T BOOT YOU CAN TRY TO USE A FAKE IG-PLATFORM
GO TO THE CLOVER OPTION IN THE GRAPHIC PARTS AND USE A FAKE IG-PLATFORM SUCH AS 34567898764

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 - INSTALLATION

- Once arrived on the installation screen
- Open Disk Utility and Erase your Main Hard Drive and format to : MacOS AFPS (not encrypted)
- Go back to the installer continue and choose your Formated Hard Drive to install MacOS.
- The computer will reboot after about 2 min
- Press F12 to choose your usb key and hit ENTER

(YOU COULD HAVE 2 CHOICE DURING THE REBOOT : INSTALLER ON "YOUR DRIVE NAME" OR PRELOADER "YOUR DRIVE NAME". You have to use "Installer on your "drive name" in case it FAIL select the OTHER OPTION.
You will have to do this twice if I remember correctly.

BE CAREFUL YOU HAVE TO ALWAYS BOOT ON YOUR USB KEY BECAUSE CLOVER IS NOT YET INSTALLED ON THE SYSTEM, SO PRESS F12 ON EVERY REBOOT AND CHOOSE YOUR USB KEY UNTIL CLOVER PROPERLY INSTALLED

5 - POST INSTALLATION

- Open Kext Wizard in My EFI folder
- Click on installation tabs browse kext and select ALL THE KEXT IN USB/EFI/CLOVER/KEXT/OTHER
- Make sure that the destination drive is your MAIN HARD DRIVE and press INSTALL
- Once done go to MAINTENANCE TAB and select the radio button for System/Library/Extensions and press EXECUTE.

6 - RESTART WITHOUT USB

- Disconnect your usb and reboot normally, everything should work properly now.

!!! CONGRATULATION YOU DID IT !!!

03cd165b414f0315422c6931ac21c016.gif 

if not...

Give us enough clear information in the comments section so we can help you to have this laptop working.

A BIG

thanks.gif 

TO

• Dell for making this laptop
  • Apple for Mac OS
  • RehabMan for so many detailed posts, enormous collection of SSDT files, kext development, and being overall incredibly helpful throughout this whole process
  • KNNSpeed for this amazing guide
  • Pike R. Alpha for his in-depth blog and the 0xE2 patch (among being the source of many other developments and patches)
  • The Clover team for the Clover bootloader
  • netkas, kozlek, and Slice for FakeSMC
  • wmchris for his initial XPS 9550 write-up
  • Jonny4911 for posting his 9560 setup and his version of the AudioFix folder
  • syscl for a lot of work into the XPS 9360 and his build of VoodooPS2Controller
  • darkhandz for his XPS 9550 repo
  • toleda and goodwin_c for audio, ALCPlugFix
  • goodwin_c for HWP
  • dpassmor for the Thunderbolt/USB-C ExpressCard trick
  • vit9696 for Lilu and AppleALC
  • PMHeart for CoreDisplayFixup
  • lvs1974 for NvidiaGraphicsFixup
  • darkvoid for Wi-Fi patches
  • filequit for the 5GHz global channel bonding patch
  • denskop for the "Boot Graphics Glitch" patch
  • netkas, kid2010, and syscl for the Thunderbolt 3 blacklist bypass patch
  • Blazinsmokey for all his good advice and knowledge

AND ALL THE OTHER THAT I DIDN'T QUOTE BUT WHO CONTRIBUTED TO MAKE THIS DREAM HAPPENED !

MORE CUSTOMIZATION

Improve battery life and CPU temperature :

EFI.7z

Advertisement

Thanks bro!   :thumbsup_anim:

I successfully updated from 10.12 to 10.13 without formating my ssd  :DD

So far almost everything is working as expected and all apps are working just like under 10.12.   :w00t:

The only thing i am missing is working display brightness control.

@zsparrow0 thank you for making the guide. I see that you are moving all kexts to S/L/E. how come you chose to do that instead of moving to L/E or just leaving the kexts in Clover/Kexts/Other?

Hi Ferchizzle it really depend of people from @Rehabman point of you it load kext early and better, but I didn't have any issue so far pasting in S/L/E and "Kext wizard" is doing this by default so should work fine =)

So far almost everything is working as expected and all apps are working just like under 10.12.   :w00t:

Hi you are welcome =)

Try to see if there is a new version of VoodooPS2Controller on rehabman github.

And open kext wizard in "Load tab" to check if he is properly loaded, if not reimport it and don't forget to rebuild the cache.

I am using Clover to load the kexts.

After switching to the EMlyDinEsH Smart Touchpad driver instead of Voodoo brightness control is working.

Also the touchpad feels a lot better now.

why do you say the nvdia card doesnt work but have files for it?

Which files are talking about ?

The Nvidia Graphics Cards will never work with this type of hardware config

Only the intel HD 630 is working.

you have in your kext folder, NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

This one is not loading it help me to boot while using the nv_disable flag on clover.

But of course nothing useful once your MacOS environment Setup !

you dont have nv_disable=1 in your config.plist... you can remove NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and youll be able to boot fine.... if not. then the nvidia card must work.

have you loaded the web drivers for it?

have you checked ioreg?

I think your are talking to the wrong guy..

I ve got my System Up and running and don't need this Nvidia graphic card to work and IF I would like to that would be impossible.

Because that's optimus technology and Everybody knows that it didn't work on this Pc

yeah i know that it doesnt work because of optimus...

thats fine, u can continue to run an un-optimized system.

sorry for wanting to help you.

I just didn't have time to go further in this type optimization..

I'm happy with my Intel GC, but

If you want to do it and you have time that would be awesome because people are really looking for this feature.

you dont have nv_disable=1 in your config.plist... you can remove NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and youll be able to boot fine.... if not. then the nvidia card must work.

have you loaded the web drivers for it?

have you checked ioreg?

NvidiaGraphicsFixup is not just for NVIDIA. There's actually multiple uses for it besides making a NVIDIA card work.

The reason for our laptops using this is stated clearly in the original guide created by KNNSpeed. Quoted below.

NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext - Enables video out on the HDMI port by causing the board-id check in AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy to fail and default to the “none” ConfigMap. (https://sourceforge.net/projects/nvidiagraphicsfixup/)

Just like how a desktop can use this kext it to avoid black screen on boot by using a ConfigMap of "none" our laptops can use this method so that our HDMI out will function properly.

yeah i know that it doesnt work because of optimus...

thats fine, u can continue to run an un-optimized system.

sorry for wanting to help you.

Don't be sorry for wanting to help. If he removes that kext, how would you get the HDMI working the "optimized" way? I'm fascinated by your tremendous knowledge on how our hack's components are setup to function. Please enlighten us.

Hi :)

I'm quite scared of changing the following BIOS settings:

SATA Operation (AHCI),

Thunderbolt Adapter Configuration (all on, no security),

USB PowerShare (on), 

Miscellaneous Devices (all on except SD Card Reader),

Secure Boot Enable (disabled)

Can I avoid changing some of these? What happens if I don't change the one referring to SDs? At the end of the day hackintosh won't use them.

Do I actually risk anything by changing the power management of the I/O ports?

Moreover, I should add that I'd like to install the OS on a external SSD (via USB3.0): can I follow the guide from Zsparrow0 and simply select my external Drive in Disk Utility?

Thanks!

Hi :)

I'm quite scared of changing the following BIOS settings:

SATA Operation (AHCI),

Thunderbolt Adapter Configuration (all on, no security),

USB PowerShare (on),

Miscellaneous Devices (all on except SD Card Reader),

Can I avoid changing some of these? What happens if I don't change the one referring to SDs? At the end of the day hackintosh won't use them.

Do I actually risk anything by changing the power management of the I/O ports?

Moreover, I should add that I'd like to install the OS on a external SSD (via USB3.0): can I follow the guide from Zsparrow0 and simply select my external Drive in Disk Utility?

Thanks!

Hi, these options for the BIOS are just advise to make sure you can access to the boot installation.

You can try different options and see if it work =)

The SD card will be disable just to use less energy and will never be compatible with that pc.

You can use it on your SSD external but make sure that he is compatible and properly erased in the right format.

Thank you for the kind reply :) What Bios option do you think are strictly necessary then?

Moreover, do you think I should follow this guide or this other one?

Thanks!

Of course you can follow the guide from KNNSpeed which is really good. You have a mix of people with sierra and High Sierra so double check their config before making change.

For me th most important are these options :

SATA Operation (AHCI)

USB PowerShare (on)

Hey, I’m having issues booting into the installer. In verbose mode it loads really quick and ends in what looks like a panic. I attached a picture to my post. Can you try and help me out? Thanks

post-2313670-0-89425500-1517373519_thumb.jpg

Hey, I’m having issues booting into the installer. In verbose mode it loads really quick and ends in what looks like a panic. I attached a picture to my post. Can you try and help me out? Thanks

Did you manage to solve this? I'm still on the fence and don't know to try this tutorial or not :)

I did the same, but are you able to update to 10.13.3?

The ones who did a clean install apparently were able to, but I'm stuck at 10.13.1 and I upgraded from 10.12 (the update downloads and restarts but I get a bunch of errors when it's upgrading so it reverts)

Like with 10.12 I can't seem to get HDMI audio working... did anyone else have any luck?

Hi make sure that you have the latest FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext and FakePCIID.kext.

See the rehabman bitbucket repo for download

I did the same, but are you able to update to 10.13.3?

The ones who did a clean install apparently were able to, but I'm stuck at 10.13.1 and I upgraded from 10.12 (the update downloads and restarts but I get a bunch of errors when it's upgrading so it reverts)

I'm actually in 10.13.2 did'nt do the update to 10.13.3 because I get panic maybe need to wait for kext update.

But 10.13.1 to 10.13.2 should work smoother.

Check one by one your kext to see if you have the latest version if not replace theme, rebuild the cache and do the direct update.

Restart the tutorial and follow it step by step.

Everything should work fine.

If you have a kernel panic it means that you missed one boot option or you have a conflict between kext.

Check this and retry

Hi make sure that you have the latest FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext and FakePCIID.kext.

See the rehabman bitbucket repo for download

I'm actually in 10.13.2 did'nt do the update to 10.13.3 because I get panic maybe need to wait for kext update.

But 10.13.1 to 10.13.2 should work smoother.

Check one by one your kext to see if you have the latest version if not replace theme, rebuild the cache and do the direct update.

Hi, I got the latest FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext (I had to get the newest FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext for the wifi to work), used KextWizard to install/repair permissions/rebuild cache/etc. and put it in my EFI clover folder as well but the HDMI audio still isn't working. Is yours working? A lot of people had trouble getting it to work for 10.12

& I guess I'll wait for the kext update for 10.13 as well.. it seems like this user has already gotten it though https://github.com/gunslinger23/XPS15-9560-High-Sierra

I new to hackintosh scene, sorry for the dumb question. Is this tutorial for upgrading a hackintosh to its latest version or to do a fresh install?

Hi Antomaug and welcome in the Hackintosh Scene lol.

I made this guide only for fresh install.

The direct upgrade is not possible from 10.12 to 10.13 because they made changes in the system files.

Let me know if you have any questions

I successfully upgraded from 10.12 to 10.13 without loosing any data, configs or programs.

At 4) Installation don't format your ssd and select your previous installation as destination.
Follow all other steps as described.

Did it 3 Weeks ago.
No problems with the system so far.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By fusion71au
      Making a High Sierra USB Installer Entirely From Scratch in Windows
      This is a proof of concept tutorial, to show it's possible to create a vanilla High Sierra installer, entirely from scratch, in Windows (even without App Store downloaded "Install macOS High Sierra.app" from a real Mac ).  @PikeRAlpha's link to Apple's Software Catalog provides us with all the URLs necessary to download the needed files directly from Apple instead of some dubious source from the internet...

Pre-Requisites
      8GB or larger USB drive Boot Disk Utility v2.1.2017rev021b from @CVAD TransMac (free 15 day trial) Paragon Hard Disk Manager Free Download Installer Files Directly from Apple
      1)  Browse Apple's Regular Software Catalog and find the URLs to download the following 6 installer files...
      BaseSystem.dmg BaseSystem.chunklist InstallInfo.plist InstallESDDmg.pkg AppleDiagnostics.dmg AppleDiagnostics.chunklist (Hint - search page for "InstallESD" to find its URL and others nearby)

to a folder named "SharedSupport" on your Windows NTFS drive.  A browser download manager (eg Chrono for Chrome, dTA for FireFox) is handy since InstallESD is >4GB ---> allows you to pause/resume interrupted download...

2)  Rename InstallESDDmg.pkg to InstallESD.dmg
      3)  Edit InstallInfo.plist with WordPad/text editor to remove the chunklistURL and chunklistid keys for InstallESD, and renaming it from InstallESDDmg.pkg to InstallESD.dmg (example of edited file attached to this post)...
      Note:  You can verify the SHA1 checksum of your InstallESD.dmg and BaseSystem.dmg with the correct ones at this website.
      Boot Disk Utility to format the Installer USB and Restore OS X Base System HFS partition
      1.  Format USB with BDU & latest Clover ---> creates boot files in CLOVER partition + second FAT partition
      2.  Extract 4.hfs from \SharedSupport\BaseSystem.dmg with BDU --> save to it's local folder
      3.  Restore 4.hfs to USB second partition with BDU --->  2nd partition becomes bootable "OS X Base System"
      Paragon Hard Disk Manager to extend HFS Partition to its Full Extent
      Open Paragon Partition Manager Free and resize the second partition of the USB drive to the full size allowed.  Don't forget to apply the changes at the end...
      Transmac to Copy "SharedSupport" folder to OS X Base System
      1.  Open the TransMac program and navigate to the HFS+ Volume/Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents folder.  Right click anywhere in the empty space on the RHS pane and select "Copy Here"...
      2.  In the next stage, select the "SharedSupport" folder we created above as the "Files and Folders to be copied to the Mac Volume"...

Clover Settings
      Clover configuration is required now.  The default config.plist (in the Clover FAT32 partition of the USB) maybe sufficient to boot your machine if you’re lucky.  If not, the hackintosh-vanilla-desktop-guide has some good explanations on the various settings available and also offers sample configuration files based on CPU type.  Also, look at the Clover Wiki, Clover Instructions and Clover Configuration Thread for pointers and edit /EFI/Clover/config.plist accordingly with Wordpad or Notepad.
      The location of the important configuration files for Clover are summarized below
      config.plist--->EFI/CLOVER folder DSDT.aml with or without SSDT.aml--->EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (don't need one if your DSDT is auto patched by Clover in config.plist) Kexts eg FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement --->EFI/CLOVER/kexts/<osx version> or /Other. NB BootDiskUtility by default already has FakeSMC.kext installed here.  You may need to add VoodooPS2Controller for your laptop keyboard/trackpad to work. If UEFI booting, you will most likely need one of the OsxAptioFixDrv-64 drivers copied from /EFI/CLOVER/drivers-off/drivers64UEFI to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI. If you want to use the installer to run High Sierra in Windows on VMware, you can follow my guide to set up the Virtual Machine and replace Clover's default config with EFI_Clover for VMware (which is compatible to run in VMware).  In the screenshots below, I have attached the USB Installer (in this case PhysicalDrive7) to my macOS Virtual Machine.  Reboot the system to the USB installer to install High Sierra ...
      What happens if we don't have access to TransMac or Paragon Hard Disk Manager?
      Not a problem, as long as we get "OS X Base System" bootable, we can launch terminal from the Utilities Menu to copy the SharedSupport folder over to the Installer app.  In essence, we will build the full installer app = 5GB+ on the target HD eg "Macintosh HD", by copying both the "small" installer app = 15MB (on "OS X Base System") and the SharedSupport folder from the NTFS volume (mounted in this example on /Volumes/DATA)...
      -bash-3.2# cd / -bash-3.2# cp -R Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/ -bash-3.2# cp -R /Volumes/DATA/SharedSupport /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/  
      ...then start installation with the startosinstall utility...
      -bash-3.2# /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --volume /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD --converttoapfs NO --applicationpath /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app  
      The above steps can be automated with the attached "startosinstall.command" script, which will assemble "Install macOS High Sierra.app" on "Macintosh HD" and launch the startosinstall utility targeting the "Macintosh HD" volume.  Copy/download to "Macintosh HD", then run in terminal (after attaching DATA USB with /Shared Support folder)...
      cd "/Volumes/Macintosh HD" chmod +x startosinstall.command ./startosinstall.command Updated Download Links for macOS Mojave 10.14.5_18F132
      Browse Apple's Regular Software Catalog and find the URLs to download the following 6 installer files...
      BaseSystem.dmg BaseSystem.chunklist InstallInfo.plist InstallESDDmg.pkg AppleDiagnostics.dmg AppleDiagnostics.chunklist  
      Note: In Mojave, Apple has removed the --converttoapfs NO and --applicationpath arguments from the startosinstall utility....

eg to use startosinstall for the above section "What happens if we don't have access to TransMac or Paragon Hard Disk Manager?", the syntax is now
      -bash-3.2# /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --volume /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD  
      This basically means that for Mojave, the default installation will always convert the target volume to the apfs file system.

startosinstall.command.zip
      InstallInfo.plist_edited_10.13.6.zip
      InstallInfo.plist_edited_10.14.5.zip

• By Pentothal.Z
      Hello all,
      I have a working hackintosh....ok.....but it takes a lot to boot and according to the boot.log there are a few problems.
      One of them is a black screen that stays on for a long time.
      I would like to ask anyone in this community some help to fine tune my machine.
      Boot.log and config.plist attached

Any help would be appreciated.
      bootlog.txt
      config.plist
    • By metaphysician
      hi folks! i'm just checking for opinions here on a Clover based install of High Sierra. currently i can't boot directly from the internal drive on my hackbook, an ASUS ROG GL502-VS laptop (with the replaced WiFi card), though i can boot from the USB bootloader/installer

i installed 10.13.6 fine using a prepared vanilla installer on HFS+ (not APFS), but my configuration is somewhat unusual. i have two drives. the first SSD has the Windows system, the second has two partitions with the 2nd partition holding the macOS system. when i ran Clover installer i could not use the UEFI option to copy to the EFI partition because it couldn't find one on that drive. so it installed the EFI folder on the root of the macOS partition instead.

however, after a bit of tinkering around, i found out that there is an existing EFI partition on the primary drive called SYSTEM. it has a EFI folder and underneath that is a Windows folder, a Boot folder, and one called APPLE. i can mount this partition with Clover Configurator and copy files to it, but i don't know if this is a good or risky solution. i was thinking i would manually copy the CLOVER folder and the uefi64.boot file to this partition , making sure not to overwrite anything existing. using the UEFI setup, i can create a boot path from the SYSTEM partition to the Clover boot file, but i'm just curious if this is a useful solution or not, and i don't want to ruin the existing Windows 10 installation for sure. any advice appreciated!
    • By wmchris
      This tutorial has been updated on GITHUB to 10.14 and 10.15
      the tutorial on insanelymac got too fragmented for a simple forum thread and will not be updated, but still be used for discussion and hints, tips and tricks

Dell XPS 15 (9550, Version of 2016) Sierra 10.13.1 Tutorial

Before we start:
      this installation includes real time DSDT/SSDT patching from within clover. This is pretty easy to install. But it is NOT suited for people with no or only few knowledge in Hackintosh Systems. If you only know how to copy commands in your shell and you dont know what they're doing, then stop the tutorial and revert to windows or buy a real mac. Even if you get it running: this system is not failsafe and will be broken multiple times in its usage time, where you have to fix it without a tutorial.
      Optional steps are marked in GREEN, System dependent steps are BLUE

English is not my mother-tongue and i'm writing this without proof reading, so please forgive my bad spelling
      If you've questions or something doesn't work: first check if you've done all steps of this tutorial! If yes: please read the whole thread (doesn't matter how long it is) before asking to prevent multiple questions. Additionally do a search in google and this forum.

Credits:
      Many knowledge of "how to hackintosh a dell in the first place" by the tutorial of @Gymnae http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/319766-dell-xps-9550-detailled-1011-guide/
      Using many kexts and solutions from @RehabMan

What's not working:
      Hibernation (works somehow, but high chance to destroy your whole data), Sleep works fine! SD-Card reader Killer 1535 Wifi (rarely used, need replace) nVidia Graphics card (Intel works) FileVault 2 (full HDD encryption) Requirements:
      one working MAC OS X Enviroment 16GB USB Stick (larger is sometimes not bootable and/or requires advanced partitioning) MacOS High Sierra 10.13.1 installation file from the app store (redownload, just in case) Knowledge in PLIST editing USB Harddrive for backup - you'll loose all data on your computer! Step 1: Prepare Installation
      Use the existing Mac to download the Sierra installer from the App Store and create a bootable USB stick with CLOVER. You can do this with the App "Pandora's Box" of insanelymac (use google for download link), which is pretty easy to use.
      Optional: check if your SSD can be switched to 4k sector size. This prevents NVMe corruption. See https://github.com/wmchris/DellXPS15-9550-OSX/blob/10.13/4k_sector.md
      After you've finished you need to download the Dell XPS 15 specific configurations for clover.
      Link: https://github.com/wmchris/DellXPS15-9550-OSX/archive/10.13.zip and unzip this file or checkout git directly:
      git clone https://github.com/wmchris/DellXPS15-9550-OSX.git You only need the folder 10.13, you can delete the 10.11. I'll refer to this folder by "git/"
      Now mount the hidden EFI partition of the USB Stick by entering
      diskutil mount EFI Inside the terminal. Mac OS will automaticly mount the EFI partition of the USB stick, but just in case: make sure it really is
      Overwrite everything in the CLOVER folder of the partition EFI with the content of git/10.13/CLOVER.
      If your PC has a Core i5 processor, you'll have to modify your config.plist in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/: search for the Key ig-platform-id: 0x191b0000 and replace it with 0x19160000.
      If you could use the 4k sector patch, replace the config.plist with the 4kconfig.plist. 
      If you use a hynix device and you didnt do the 4k sector switch, you'll have to add the following patch to your config.plist
      <key>Comment</key> <string>IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Hynix SSD patch</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data>9sEQD4UcAQAA</data> <key>Name</key> <string>IONVMeFamily</string> <key>Replace</key> <data>9sECD4UcAQAA</data> Go into the EFI Configuration (BIOS) of your Dell XPS 15:

Also disable the SD-Card Reader to reduce the power consumption drastically. Insert the stick on the Dell XPS 15 and boot it up holding the F12 key to get in the boot-menu and start by selecting your USB-Stick (if you've done it correctly it's named "Clover: Install macOS Sierra", otherwise it's just the brandname of your USB-Drive). You should get to the MacOS Installation like on a real mac. If you're asked to log-in with your apple-id: select not now! Reason: see Step 5.

Step 2: Partition and Installation
      INFORMATION: after this step your computer will loose ALL data! So if you haven't created a backup, yet: QUIT NOW!

Dont install macOS yet. Select the Diskutil and delete the old partitions. Create a new HFS partition and name it "OSX". If you want to multiboot with Windows 10, then you'll have to create a second partition, too (also HFS! Dont use FAT or it will not boot! You have to reformat it when installing Windows). Make sure to select GUID as partition sheme.
      Close the Diskutil and install OSX normally. You'll have to reboot multiple times, make sure to always boot using the attached USB stick. So dont forget to press F12. After the first reboot you should see a new boot option inside clover, which is highlighted by default. Just press enter. If you only see one, then something went wrong.

Step 3: Make it bootable
      After a few reboots you should be inside your new macOS enviroment. You can always boot into it using the USB stick. Remove the USB drive after successful bootup. Enter
      diskutil mount EFI in your terminal, which should mount the EFI partition of your local installation.

install git/Additional/Tools/Clover_v2.4k_r4003.pkg. Make sure to select "Install Clover in ESP". Also select to install the RC-Scripts. This should install the Clover Boot System. Now copy everything from git/10.13/CLOVER to EFI/CLOVER like you did before by creating the usb stick. (if you had to modify the config.plist in step 1, do it here, too). Your system should be bootable by itself. Reboot and check if your system can boot by itself.

Step 4: Post Installation
      Because all DSDT/SSDT changes are already in the config.plist, you dont need to recompile your DSDT (albeit i suggest doing it anyway to make your system a lil bit more failsafe, see gymnaes El-Capitan tutorial for more informations). So we can skip this part and go directly to the installation of the required kexts. Open a terminal and goto the GIT folder.
      sudo cp -r ./Post-Install/LE-Kexts/* /Library/Extensions/ sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.bak 2> /dev/null sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.bak 2> /dev/null sudo ./AD-Kexts/VoodooPS2Daemon/_install.command Now you'll have to replace the config.plist. Because you'll install modified kexts you'll HAVE TO replace the config.plist in your installation. Otherwise your PC will not boot anymore.
      diskutil mount EFI replace EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with git/Post-Install/CLOVER/config.plist. Again: if your PC has a Core i5 processor, search the config.plist for the Key ig-platform-id: 0x191b0000 and replace it with 0x19160000.

OPTIONAL (in case you've audio problems):
      AppleHDA has some problems after Wake-Up. You'll have to plug in a headphone to get your speakers working again. You can use VoodooHDA instead, which breaks the headphone jack most of the time, but makes the rest much more stable.
      sudo rm -r /Library/Extensions/CodecCommander.kext sudo rm /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-ALC298.aml then remove from your config.plist from the key "KextsToPatch" the elements "AppleHDA#1" to "AppleHDA#7". Install the package: git/Post-Install/AD-Kexts/VoodooHDA-2.8.8.pkg
      i also suggest moving some of the kext from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13 to /Library/Extensions. It's just more stable.
      Finalize the kext-copy by recreating the kernel cache:
      sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache sudo rm -rf /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u / sometimes you'll have to redo the last command if your system shows "Lock acquired".
      OSX 10.12.2 removed the posibility to load unsigned code. You can enable this by entering
      sudo spctl --master-disable If you're using the 4K monitor, you'll have to copy the UHD enabling kexts to your clover directory:
      sudo cp ./Post-Install/AD-Kexts/UHD-Kexts/* /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13/ To enable GPU acceleration: Edit your clover config file again and remove the following block from it:

To prevent getting in hibernation (which can and will corrupt your data), just set the default sleep mode to "suspend to ram" (sleep) instead of "suspend to disk" (hibernation)
      sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 To get HDMI Audio working:
      Search for your Boarrd-ID in the config.plist and open /S/E/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/contents/plugin/AppleGraphicePolicy.kext/contents/info.plist with a texteditor. Search for your board-id in there and change the value of it from "Config2" to "none"

OPTIONAL (alternative power management):
      the whole power management is done by intels speed step technology (HWP), which is enabled in the clover config. If you want to let OSX manage the power management, you'll have to do these steps:
      sudo cp ./Post-Install/CLOVER/ACPI/optional/SSDT.aml /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ then open the config.plist (/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist) and change <key>HWPEnable</key><true/> to <key>HWPEnable</key><false/>.

Step 5: iServices (AppStore, iMessages etc.)

WARNING! DONT USE YOUR MAIN APPLE ACCOUNT FOR TESTING! It's pretty common that apple BANS your apple-id from iMessage and other services if you've logged in on not well configured hackintoshs!
      If you want to use the iServices, you'll have to do some advanced steps, which are not completly explained in this tutorial. First you need to switch the faked network device already created by step 4 to be on en0. Goto your network settings and remove every network interface.
      sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist Reboot, go back in the network configuration and add the network interfaces (LAN) before Wifi.

You also need to modify your SMBIOS in the config.plist of Clover in your EFI partition with valid informations about your "fake" mac. There are multiple tutorials which explain how to do it like "http://www.fitzweekly.com/2016/02/hackintosh-imessage-tutorial.html".

It's possible you have to call the apple hotline to get your fake serial whitelisted by telling a good story why apple forgot to add your serial number in their system. (aka: dont do it if you dont own a real mac). I personally suggest using real data from an old (broken) macbook.

Step 6: Upgrading to macOS 10.13.2 or higher / installing security updates
      Each upgrade will possibly break your system!
      (Update: after the latest updates in this tutorial the system should be update-proof.) 

Step 7: Fixes / Enhancements / Alternative Solutions / Bugs
      See: https://github.com/wmchris/DellXPS15-9550-OSX/blob/10.13/Tutorial_10.13_Step7.md

Afterword and fixes
      as i said before: this is not a tutorial for absolute beginners, albeit it's much easier then most other tutorials, because most is preconfigured in the supplied config.plist. Some Dells have components included, which are not supported by these preconfigured files. Then i can only suggest using Gymnaes tutorial which explains most of the DSDT patching, config.plist editing and kexts used in detail and use the supplied files here as templates.
      Warning: Some people have reported multiple data losses on this machine. I suggest using time-machine whenever possible! If your device is detected as "Model Name: Apple Device", see: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/319764-guide-dell-xps-15-9550-sierra-10122-quick-installation/page-13?do=findComment&comment=2362337 If you want to save the settings of the display brightness: downgrade to clover 3899, in the never versions the nvram restore is broken. USBInjectAll is not intended for permanent use. You should check which USB are really required to be injected and modify your DSDT/SSDT. 4K Touchscreen only: Multitouch can be achieved with the driver from touch-base.com, but it's not open source - costs > 100 $ Not a bug: if you REALLY want to use the 4K Display natively and disable the Retina Mode (max 1920x1080), see: http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/macbook-pro-retina-display-faq/macbook-pro-retina-display-hack-to-run-native-resolution.html Tutorial Updates
      27. March 2017: UHD Kexts added, replaces perl command 23. March 2017: 4k sector tutorial against NVMe corruption added   7. March 2017: Suggestion to disable the SD Card Reader for reduced power consumption 4. February 2017: Dell SMBIOS Truncation workaround added 23. January 2017: Hynix SSD fix added 31. December 2016: USB-C Hotplug Fix and USB InjectAll Removed 28. December 2016: NVMe SSDT Spoof precreated, FakeID already preset in installation config.plist. VoodooHDA added as alternative to SSDT-ALC298 patch as well as color coding in tutorial 22. December 2016: FakeSMBios added Accessories Appendix:
      The official Dell adaptor DA200 (http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=at&l=de&s=dhs&cs=atdhs1&sku=470-abry) works completly on Sierra 10.2.2. You can use the Network, USB, HDMI and VGA. Everything is Hot-Pluggable a cheap 3rd party noname USB-C -> VGA adaptor didnt work you can charge the Dell with a generic USB-C Power Adaptor, but USB-C has only a maximum power of 100W, so it's either charging OR usage, not both. Dont forget you need a special USB-C cable (Power Delivery 3.0) for charging.