SavageAUS

Intel Power Gadget 3.5.0

43 posts in this topic

Working on Ivy with 3.5.1.

However, I typically use the Intel Power Gadget, if at all, when launched from an app made by someone on this forum (whose name I do not recall) called CPU-S.  I tried to modify that app to update it to include IPG 3.5.1 but made a mess of it.  While I got IPG to load, I couldn't get rid of the prompt to install the kext for 3.0.3 and the Speed Step test gave me incorrect and nonsensical information. 

I am attaching the CPU-S app here.  I would appreciate it if its developer or someone else could update it to include IPG 3.5.1.  Thanks.

CPU-S v3.7 en.dmg.zip

Advertisement

it must be a bios setting that i have that isnt passing the information through.

I do not know if that's what you said, but try resetting the bios and setting it up again with the minimum required! ?

As above the power gadget has been updated to 3.5.5 and now supports Mojave's dark/light mode.

542688587_ScreenShot2018-10-21at10_07_43pm.thumb.png.13cb170e89a9d4918a9f5b4aee9f9179.png962828539_ScreenShot2018-10-21at10_07_34pm.thumb.png.bc1b3f8251f6f0fc40972e1a73673f89.png

Edited by SavageAUS

I notice with 3.5.5 it stops the system from sleeping when idle. pmset -g assertions shows the following even with logging turned off on Power Gadget

pmset -g assertions
2018-11-10 02:23:54 +0800
Assertion status system-wide:
BackgroundTask 0
ApplePushServiceTask 0
UserIsActive 1
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 0
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 1
NetworkClientActive 0
Listed by owning process:
pid 58992(Intel(R) Power Gadget): [0x00009aef0001897b] 03:20:30 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "logging system metrics"

Anyone else have this issue or know any work arounds ? I tried 3.5.2, which is the latest version that doesn't cause this problem for me

On 11/10/2018 at 11:10 AM, SavageAUS said:

Sleep works fine for on both my hacks with IPG running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about auto sleep when idle ? Mine will sleep if I select sleep, but with IPG running it does not auto sleep.

Can you check 'pmset -g'and 'pmset -g assertions' on yours ?

Edited by ccozmo

15 minutes ago, ccozmo said:
What about auto sleep when idle ? Mine will sleep if I select sleep, but with IPG running it does not auto sleep.

Can you check 'pmset -g'and 'pmset -g assertions' on yours ?

Will do when I get a chance.
You are right, pmset -g tells me that IPG prevented auto sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by SavageAUS