vit9696

AptioMemoryFix

311 posts in this topic

The latest Clover still contain AptioFixR16 but no R17 so can anyone give the latest AptioFix R17 binary efi.

thanks for vit9696’a work and for all man works for this project!

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Advertisement
Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2018 at 1:57 PM, vit9696 said:

Hello,

Firstly, it is not AptioMemoryFix allocating pages but boot.efi.

Secondly, slide argument is not ignored, it is just the value that is improper. You may set 0 here and rebuild AptioMemoryFix to see the actually set slide in ioreg in IODevice: https://github.com/vit9696/AptioFixPkg/blob/master/Platform/AptioMemoryFix/Config.h#L52

Thirdly, the memory map UEFI Shell command does not show the memory map as it changes over boot.efi loading process. It allocates quite a lot, and even AptioMemoryFix cannot catch it all. To get a more reliable memory map you could try using -aptiodump boot argument after setting 1 here: https://github.com/vit9696/AptioFixPkg/blob/master/Platform/AptioMemoryFix/Config.h#L76

But I would say even that is not perfect.

Thank you for your feedback. I think the way AptioMemoryFix picks the slide is fine for me, the iGPU is initialized with 64MB Pre-alloc

Another thing: I seem to not enjoy native NVRAM with either AptioMemoryFix nor OsxAptioFix3Drv-64 with my H370 based system and have to use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi together with RC scripts for NVRAM. I checked this by adding "MyVar" to NVRAM. It is not persisted without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and RC scripts.

Edited by Gymnae

16 hours ago, Gymnae said:

Thank you for your feedback. I think the way AptioMemoryFix picks the slide is fine for me, the iGPU is initialized with 64MB Pre-alloc

Another thing: I seem to not enjoy native NVRAM with either AptioMemoryFix nor OsxAptioFix3Drv-64 with my H370 based system and have to use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi together with RC scripts for NVRAM. I checked this by adding "MyVar" to NVRAM. It is not persisted without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and RC scripts.

You restarted after you set the test NVRAM variable? You should have working NVRAM unless you have the whitelist issue.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, apianti said:

You restarted after you set the test NVRAM variable? You should have working NVRAM unless you have the whitelist issue.

Yes, I did the following:

1. Installed the AptioMemoryFix.efi build from source
  2. Ran `sudo nvram MyVar=TestValue`
  3. Rebooted
  4. Checked with `nvram -p`
  5. MyVar is missing
  6. Installed EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and RC scripts via Clover installer (4458)
  7. Rebooted
  8. Re-ran 2. - 4.
  9. MyVar present

My Motherboard:

Gigabyte H370 HD3 Rev.1 Bios F2

Edited by Gymnae
added mobo

@vit9696 Having build issues with your latest commit on your AptioFixPkg, see below:

In file included from /root/AptioFix/UDK/Build/AptioFixPkg/DEBUG_GCC5/X64/AptioFixPkg/Platform/AptioMemoryFix/AptioMemoryFix/DEBUG/AutoGen.h:16:0,
                 from <command-line>:0:
/root/AptioFix/UDK/AptioFixPkg/Platform/AptioMemoryFix/UnicodeCollation/UnicodeCollationEng.c: In function 'InitializeUnicodeCollationEng':
/root/AptioFix/UDK/MdePkg/Include/Base.h:48:49: error: unused variable '_VerifySizeofUnicodeLanguages' [-Werror=unused-variable]
 #define VERIFY_SIZE_OF(TYPE, Size) extern UINT8 _VerifySizeof##TYPE[(sizeof(TYPE) == (Size)) / (sizeof(TYPE) == (Size))]
                                                 ^
/root/AptioFix/UDK/AptioFixPkg/Platform/AptioMemoryFix/UnicodeCollation/UnicodeCollationEng.c:140:5: note: in expansion of macro 'VERIFY_SIZE_OF'
     VERIFY_SIZE_OF (UnicodeLanguages, 6);
     ^
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make: *** [/root/AptioFix/UDK/Build/AptioFixPkg/DEBUG_GCC5/X64/AptioFixPkg/Platform/AptioMemoryFix/AptioMemoryFix/OUTPUT/UnicodeCollation/UnicodeCollationEng.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [/root/AptioFix/UDK/Build/AptioFixPkg/DEBUG_GCC5/X64/AptioFixPkg/Platform/AptioMemoryFix/AptioMemoryFix]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
	/root/AptioFix/UDK/AptioFixPkg/Platform/AptioMemoryFix/AptioMemoryFix.inf [X64, GCC5, DEBUG]

Was not having any issues before building using GCC until you switched to UDK2018. Any ideas on how to fix this?

18 hours ago, vit9696 said:

A fix is to buy yourself a proper compiler from llvm.org :), but the issue should be fixed anyway. I committed the necessary changes upstream.

@vit9696 lol true that but now I am getting errors on the make -C BaseTools command lol

GenFvInternalLib.c:24:23: fatal error: uuid/uuid.h: No such file or directory
 #include <uuid/uuid.h>
                       ^
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [GenFvInternalLib.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/AptioFix/UDK/BaseTools/Source/C/GenFv'
make[1]: *** [GenFv] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/AptioFix/UDK/BaseTools/Source/C'
make: *** [Source/C] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/root/AptioFix/UDK/BaseTools'

This is neither a problem of AptioFix buildsystem, nor a problem of UDK buildsystem. Your OS has no libuuid headers installed, and this is obviously an error on your side. Most likely some kind of libuuid-dev or libuuid-devel package is needed. Googling prior to bugreporting may work better sometimes :)

41 minutes ago, vit9696 said:

This is neither a problem of AptioFix buildsystem, nor a problem of UDK buildsystem. Your OS has no libuuid headers installed, and this is obviously an error on your side. Most likely some kind of libuuid-dev or libuuid-devel package is needed. Googling prior to bugreporting may work better sometimes :)

Yeah I'm an idiot lol, I forgot to install required packages prior to running the new setup.sh lol, its all good now sorry about that.