Dallastyle

Need help getting IntelHDgraphics working with FakeCPUID

16 posts in this topic

Hi insanelymac,
I'm using a Dell All in one Inspiron 5348. It has a Pentium dual core G3240 Haswell clocked at 3.07 ghz in Mac. I've successfully booted and installed Mac Os X el capitan on an external hdd using a fake cpuid (0x0306E0) its ivybride. But my problem is the drivers. The only thing I could remotely do is wifi. I've installed the kexts for my wifi card. What I need is to install intel hd graphics (desktop) kexts and audio drivers (alc668)
I've tried doing every method. Except for Ddst because I don't understand it whatsoever.Also found this thing called xcpm and was wondering if I can just spoof the graphics ids or something like that. Hopefully you guys can help me and thanks!

Advertisement

hello

ur graphics aren't supported in OS X .. 

what u fake is ur cpu .. to run OS X .. not the graphics ..

buy a compatible graphics card

good hack

For the sound issue you can use Lilu.kext + AppleALC with the correct layout-id. I am using 11 on ALC887.

I have finally gotten the audio to work. Now all I need is graphics. Can't I spoof the graphics ID? Because I see a section in clover called Fake Id and there is a part for graphics

I have finally gotten the audio to work. Now all I need is graphics. Can't I spoof the graphics ID? Because I see a section in clover called Fake Id and there is a part for graphics

I tried something like this on my Pentium G3220 but no chance. I tried with HD Graphics 4400. You can try too maybe you can figure out something but don't get your hopes to high

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

You could try fake CPUID 0x0306A0 and graphics inject Intel = yes, Intel Id 0x04128086, ig 0x022d0003.   I use this for my Pemtium g3258 and I can do some browsing but certain websites are buggy.    It gives me 1536mb graphics support and loads the Azul frame buffer but limited accelerators.   

Ideally you should use a graphics card like a Nvidia gt210 or gt710 for $40 US they work very well form Yosemite thru high Sierra.

I've tried a few graphics kexts. I can't change the amount of vram because even when I add it in clover, it saves in the file but when el capitan boots up, the system only gives 771mb of vram even if I put 1024. Here's what system information says:

IntelHDGraphics:

Chipset Model: IntelHDGraphics

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 771 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x0402

Revision ID: 0x0006

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

if it's possible you might have to replace your cpu with one that has supported graphics.

I can't do that, really don't have the cash unless I can quickly trade this Pentium for an i3 with 3.1ghz or i5. Also I can't add a graphics card because this is an AIO system with no pciex16. The best I can do is get a mpcie to pcie adapter for $50 + a graphics card$50. Which is all too much for me right now

I can't do that, really don't have the cash unless I can quickly trade this Pentium for an i3 with 3.1ghz or i5. Also I can't add a graphics card because this is an AIO system with no pciex16. The best I can do is get a mpcie to pcie adapter for $50 + a graphics card$50. Which is all too much for me right now

I've tried a few graphics kexts. I can't change the amount of vram because even when I add it in clover, it saves in the file but when el capitan boots up, the system only gives 771mb of vram even if I put 1024. Here's what system information says:

IntelHDGraphics:

VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 771 MB

Device ID: 0x0402

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Can you set your bios minimum allocated ram to 64mb?    If it only allows 32mb that may be the issue with 774mb.    In clover using Clover Configurator there is a setting for ig platform for the Ivy Bridge laptop to get 1024mb.    Is that how your setting nvram by using different ig platform IDs?

post-1753549-0-30392100-1515464471_thumb.png

Can you set your bios minimum allocated ram to 64mb?    If it only allows 32mb that may be the issue with 774mb.    In clover using Clover Configurator there is a setting for ig platform for the Ivy Bridge laptop to get 1024mb.    Is that how your setting nvram by using different ig platform IDs?

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-01-08 at 6.19.35 PM.png

My bios doesn't have minimum allocated ram. Also I have that now, which didn't do anything but what I've noticed is that even when I boot into clover and I erase all the graphics ID's and Inject Intel+EDID, I still get that 774mb. Even When I use 0306E0 instead of 0306A0 in FakeCPUID. Also I add more memory in the section in clover configurator that says amount of vram not different platform id's/

You could try fake CPUID 0x0306A0 and graphics inject Intel = yes, Intel Id 0x04128086, ig 0x022d0003.   I use this for my Pemtium g3258 and I can do some browsing but certain websites are buggy.    It gives me 1536mb graphics support and loads the Azul frame buffer but limited accelerators.   

Ideally you should use a graphics card like a Nvidia gt210 or gt710 for $40 US they work very well form Yosemite thru high Sierra.

I got the ig but where do I put the Intel Id?

Alright I tried what you put and now here's what it says and also I have attached the link of my current config.plist

IntelHDGraphics:

VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB

Device ID: 0x0412

Displays:

Inspiron 5348:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz (1080p)

Rotation: Supported

Television: Yes

http://www.mediafire.com/file/n1gz8trn5duvhxs/config.plist

I also tried using a lightweight game called Roblox for my little brother. It said the graphics card is too old and to install the drivers. What I've noticed in system info is that it actually detects what my screen is and everything.

Edited by Dallastyle

Still waiting for a reply...

Intel integrated graphics have basically three types GT1 (pentium and celeron), GT2 (i3, i5, i7), and GT3 ( i5, i7 Iris graphics). Apple doesn’t officially support or use GT1 graphics which is why we have to spoof it. The best solution is to add a graphics card like a Nvidia GT210, or GT710, or 8400GS, Using the GT1 graphics will barely work for browsing and it usually crashes under medium to heavy loads.

I did read somewhere that a user was able to create a DSDT that allowed the GT1 graphics to work with acceleration but it was not an easy fix. If I run across it I will save it and post it here but you should google search for the fix.

Intel integrated graphics have basically three types GT1 (pentium and celeron), GT2 (i3, i5, i7), and GT3 ( i5, i7 Iris graphics). Apple doesn’t officially support or use GT1 graphics which is why we have to spoof it. The best solution is to add a graphics card like a Nvidia GT210, or GT710, or 8400GS, Using the GT1 graphics will barely work for browsing and it usually crashes under medium to heavy loads.

I did read somewhere that a user was able to create a DSDT that allowed the GT1 graphics to work with acceleration but it was not an easy fix. If I run across it I will save it and post it here but you should google search for the fix.

Gt1 Graphics is what I'm looking for. Thanks for informing me. Always wondered why Pentiums and Celerons weren't supported.. I'll update if I can get any results. Right now I'm trying to reinstall audio on my newly installed raid based El capitan

I may or may not do this depending on what happens this week.
I'm on the hunt for a graphics card. I have $75 in budget. $25-$35 for a graphics card. I'm using atleast $35 for an exp gdc mcpie for my AIO system just so I can get a graphics card on it's laptop motherboard. Couple of questions:

• Can I use a normal psu for my aio to power the whole system up, not just the exp gdc and graphics card
  • What's a decent graphics card for that price point that is compatible with OS X. Also may do some gaming on the side. So  what's your opinion, guys?

Thanks for your help so far, @Gigamaxx