Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Abhijeet@twitter

Mac + Windows 10 Dual Boot without Erasing anything!

2 posts in this topic

Hi there.

Previously, I installed Mavericks and Mountain Lion with Niresh's Distros and worked well!

I did shrink like 50gigs of storage for Mac installation, created usb with the help of instruction, changed bios settings, and were ready to rock with dual boot support and every time it worked out without an issue! Though I had my old pc that time. 

But I guess, from EL Capitan, things got messier a bit. Now I have to erase things and install mac first and then windows for dual boot.
Also, I bought new pc, so whole bios settings are new to me.

Conclusion : I need the latest Hackintosh with proper dual boot with my Windows 10, and I don't want to format nor erase anything on my HDD, and don't wanna format my windows 10. my father does work on this pc, me too, so please make sure nothing goes wrong, no file losing stuff please. I don't have other HDD so please I need the help. I want to install the mac on this existing windows machine. I could barely format windows 10 drive 'C' only and after mac, I will install windows again, but make sure except drive: C, no other drives get any effect at all. 

And also, as I said, my PC is new, telling the specs of this pc, so please mention the bios settings and drivers stuff if possible. Please help me with Bios settings at least if drivers are not possible.

Motherboard: MSI B250M PRO-VH
CPU: Core i3 7100 (7th gen)
RAM: HyperX 8GB DDR4 2400mhz
HDD: 500GB SATA [GPT Partition]
GPU: Nvidia 1050 TI 4GB
Monitor : ASUS VP228 (1920x1080 Resolution)

Another thing, I have ps2 keyboard, will it be ok? 

Please help. Thanks.

Advertisement

Hi there.

Previously, I installed Mavericks and Mountain Lion with Niresh's Distros and worked well!

I did shrink like 50gigs of storage for Mac installation, created usb with the help of instruction, changed bios settings, and were ready to rock with dual boot support and every time it worked out without an issue! Though I had my old pc that time. 

But I guess, from EL Capitan, things got messier a bit. Now I have to erase things and install mac first and then windows for dual boot.

Also, I bought new pc, so whole bios settings are new to me.

Conclusion : I need the latest Hackintosh with proper dual boot with my Windows 10, and I don't want to format nor erase anything on my HDD, and don't wanna format my windows 10. my father does work on this pc, me too, so please make sure nothing goes wrong, no file losing stuff please. I don't have other HDD so please I need the help. I want to install the mac on this existing windows machine. I could barely format windows 10 drive 'C' only and after mac, I will install windows again, but make sure except drive: C, no other drives get any effect at all. 

And also, as I said, my PC is new, telling the specs of this pc, so please mention the bios settings and drivers stuff if possible. Please help me with Bios settings at least if drivers are not possible.

Motherboard: MSI B250M PRO-VH

CPU: Core i3 7100 (7th gen)

RAM: HyperX 8GB DDR4 2400mhz

HDD: 500GB SATA [GPT Partition]

GPU: Nvidia 1050 TI 4GB

Monitor : ASUS VP228 (1920x1080 Resolution)

Another thing, I have ps2 keyboard, will it be ok? 

Please help. Thanks.

You can't really do that. You need a spare HDD/SSD for OS X or to erase the existing Windows install.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kingoffright
      Dear all,

I have a external harddisk about 500GB, I installed the clover into it and the harddisk is GPT format, below is the 3 partitions details:
      FS01: EFI - disk0s1 - fat32
      FS02: install mac  image - disk0s2 -  hfs+
      FS03: install windows 10 - disk0s3 - fat32

I can use this external harddisk to install Mac without issue, I use below steps to install windows 10
      enter the FS03:
      cd to efi/boot/ and excuete bootx64.efi
      after pop up the windows install screen, i click next and it shows error 'A media driver your computer needs is missing...' and the installation can not go any further.
      Firstly I use ultraiso to write the windows 10 image to a flash disk and no issue to start install window 10 so the image is working fine. Since I dont know how to write
      a wiindow installation image into harddisk partition, I used winrar extra all the files into disk0s3, am I missing some steps or actually clover not support to install windows
      by partitions, apprecating any helps.

• By FreqFeeder
      Hi there!
      I'm a newbie to the concept of installing a Mac OS on alternative hardware. Please bear with me
      I have a Lenovo Thinkpad x250 with 5th generation i7-5600U CPU, 16GB RAM, and Intel HD Graphics 5500. (I'd be glad to add any additional hardware details if needed)
      My goal is to have a dual boot machine - Mojave and Win 10. I have two separated physical drives.
      I've tried different methods, but none was stable to be operable.
      If anyone of you has the experience with this specific model it will be really great to hear your opinion.

Thanks!
    • By ltooz_audis
      OK, it's been a while since I posted something here. The new Catalina was out last month, the current version is 10.15.1. I decided to install on my HP Envy 13" Kaby Lake. This one should work for all Kaby Lake laptops out there and also with MOJAVE OS too. So read carefully and watch the videos.
      1. You can't install Catalina on MBR unless you patch it, but it too complicated for me and I like to try the APFS system now instead of HFS. So, if you create the external USB drive using Boot Disk Utility, it won't install.
      2. Replace original WIFI-Bluetooth COMBO with DW1560 or better.
      3. Thanks to Lilu and people on Hackintosh world, things are much easier to install than before: Clover boot loader 5070, Lilu 1.3.9, Whatevergreen 1.3.4, AppleAlc 1.4.3, AirportBrcmFixup.kext, Bluetooth Patchram3 (I found BrcmPatchRAM3.kext + BrcmFirmwareData.kext + BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext), Hackintool is a must, VoodooPS2Controller.kext for trackpad, USBinjectAll , ACPIBatteryManager from rehabman, FakeSMC.kext.
      4. Use a 1GB USB flash drive, use Boot Disk Utility to create an EFI folder, then copy it to the EFI folder of the External USB SSD hard drive.
      I'll post more in details, but with these, you can boot Catalina without any problems.

Cheers,
      Louis

• By digivish
      Hi All - quick thing - I have a NUC 8i7BEH with 32GB RAM and 2 x 1TB SSD drives. Each drive has its own OS - Windows 10 and Catalina 10.15.

Clover works well - Catalina Boots, so does Windows.
      Catalina - has sound over HDMI (to my monitor's speakers)
      Windows - no audio device found - It does show Realtek and Intel Display Drivers - but the speaker has a red"x" and in Devices, there is no entry for Microphone Array under Audio Input/Output. It does, however, show Intel display over the HDMI - but actually no sound.

I have tried reinstalling Realtek drivers - now here's the thing...when it installs, it first uninstalls existing Realtek drivers - at this stage (and it's important) the sound starts working - as if uninstalling did the trick. As part of the installing, I have to reboot and upon reboot, it actually reinstalls the Realtek drivers. After that, I'm back to square 1. Unsure if it's the config.plist or boot args in clover. But something with Clover for sure.

I have tested this by removing the Mac Drive with clover and just booting directly to Windows 10 bootloader and everything works as it should, I have sound over HDMI and the audio device shows. Just not when I boot with Clover.

has anyone experienced this and have thoughts or pointers.

Thanks a ton!
    • By Hugo_bee
      Here I am back again, with a little work for a noob colleague with a mission

Asrock H270M is an ITX mobo (we really appreciate them) that is coming to become an IMAC.
      To let this, we have to do the basic Mojave USB setup installation (create install dir procedure) by erasing a normal 16gb USB3 pen

After that, apply a Clover UEFI+ESP setup with latest Clover

Mount EFI folder of the USB Mojave install disk

Replace ENTIRELY the content of EFI partition with the one here.

For the BIOS configuration I've applied this one:

Advanced \ CPU Configuration → Intel Virtualization Technology : Enabled
      Advanced \ Chipset Configuration → Primary Graphics Adapter : PCI Express
      Advanced \ Chipset Configuration → Vt-d : Disabled
      Advanced \ Chipset Configuration → IGPU Multi-Monitor : Disabled
      Advanced \ USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support : Enabled
      Advanced \ USB Configuration → PS/2 Simulator : Disabled
      Advanced \ USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off : Enabled
      Security  → Secure Boot: Disabled
      Boot  → Fast Boot: Disabled
      Boot  → Boot From Onboard LAN: Disabled

Then: SETUP Mojave
      Reboot, mount EFI of DESTINATION DISK and REPLACE its EFI content as done before.

you will have:
      1 lan 1gigabit (the 1st one to the left, by standing in front of ports)
      2 HDMI audio and video with QE/CI
      3 all the 15+ USB and XHCI ports enabled
      4 SATA and M2 up & running
      5 NO WIFI but you can replace with a broadcome native one easily.
      6 NO sleep wake

H270M-Asrock.zip