Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MateusPT

Mac Snow Leopard Grey Screen

16 posts in this topic

Hi there.

Soo i was trying install mac at 4 days ago and finnaly today i can. I installed the Leopard and all works fin except the keyboard and ps2 mouse. And then i try a lot to put a .kext with transmac on windows xp cause im dual booting it.When i try to use Transmac i have the error"This drive is read only".

Who i fix this?! This is my first question!

The second i think is more hard. I have a Amilo Pro V3505 with 2gb ram and Intel GMA 945, a Intel Pentium T2130 idk the motherboard i aleardy try find the name but i couldnt with a Atheros ar5007eg wirless adapter.

So i instal iAtkos S3 v2 but when i was booting(after installing) it he boots and starts make the sound of the animation video of snow leopard but THE SCREEN WAS GREY WITHOUT THE APPLE LOGO AND WITHOUT THE MOUSE JUST A GREY SCREEM.

Well i try much flags but when i try GraphicsEnabler=No while the booting appears i recuve the message "you need to restart the computer" and i restart and gives again the same error.

I think is some missing kext graphical but i cant add/remove kexts cause transmac give error!

Thanks in advanced!

Advertisement

It's best to stay away from distros, you never know exactly what they do and what they add that may not be suitable to your own specific platform.

Your laptop is built on Intel 945M chipset and Intel GMA950 graphics. That's old but normally supported OOB in 32bit kernel mode, up to Lion 10.7.5. No support in 64bit kernel mode.

I would recommend you:

1. obtain a genuine copy of retail SL 10.6/10.6.3/10.6.8 (only retail copies have all the necessary installation file)
  2. create a SL USB installer with myHack v3.1.2
  3. attempt a fresh and vanilla installation of SL on your laptop

You should be using good old Chameleon for this platform, so make sure to boot with boot options GraphicsEnabler=Yes arch=i386 (respect the syntax). If you still encounter gray screen, try and post us your extracted raw DSDT for patching.

Regarding your Atheros wireless card, what's the exact/reported PCI id of your card (168c:xxx) ? According to Wikidevi's info, AR5007eg card is based on Atheros AR2425 chip and carries id 168c:001c. It can also be referred to as Atheros AR5BHB63 or AR5BXB63. 168c:1c is expected to be supported OOB under SL and Lion because it's in the list of devices supported by the AirPortAtheros and/or AirPortAtheros21 PlugIns of IO80211Family kext. But sometimes, this is not enough and additional mods are required such as re-branding (of card's sub ids) or injection of a compatibility statement in the DSDT associated device. I've also read that AR2425 chip was not supported, only AR2424. So...

You could also look to this old stuff here, but if you cannot easily get the card to work, your best option is probably to replace it by a card supported natively in SL and Lion: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2120-inventory-of-supported-and-unsupported-wireless-cards/

It's best to stay away from distros, you never know exactly what they do and what they add that may not be suitable to your own specific platform.

Your laptop is built on Intel 945M chipset and Intel GMA950 graphics. That's old but normally supported OOB in 32bit kernel mode, up to Lion 10.7.5. No support in 64bit kernel mode.

I would recommend you:

• obtain a genuine copy of retail SL 10.6/10.6.3/10.6.8 (only retail copies have all the necessary installation file)
  • create a SL USB installer with myHack v3.1.2
  • attempt a fresh and vanilla installation of SL on your laptop
You should be using good old Chameleon for this platform, so make sure to boot with boot options GraphicsEnabler=Yes arch=i386 (respect the syntax). If you still encounter gray screen, try and post us your extracted raw DSDT for patching.

Regarding your Atheros wireless card, what's the exact/reported PCI id of your card (168c:xxx) ? According to Wikidevi's info, AR5007eg card is based on Atheros AR2425 chip and carries id 168c:001c. It can also be referred to as Atheros AR5BHB63 or AR5BXB63. 168c:1c is expected to be supported OOB under SL and Lion because it's in the list of devices supported by the AirPortAtheros and/or AirPortAtheros21 PlugIns of IO80211Family kext. But sometimes, this is not enough and additional mods are required such as re-branding (of card's sub ids) or injection of a compatibility statement in the DSDT associated device. I've also read that AR2425 chip was not supported, only AR2424. So...

You could also look to this old stuff here, but if you cannot easily get the card to work, your best option is probably to replace it by a card supported natively in SL and Lion: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2120-inventory-of-supported-and-unsupported-wireless-cards/

Thanks for the answer!

So i gonna try reinstal witha retail DVD and after i tell.

I have a Intel Wirless Adapter 3945eg but i change it by atheros ar5007eg because i saw that is compatible.

Also i change the cpu, previously it was Intel Dual core T2050 which is the best?!

And did you know to use transmac without that error?!

I remeber somthing im using a old versionof chamelion, can be this the problem?!

I configure the pendrive inside of a virtual machine by restore the dvd image to a partition inside the pendrive, next i go to windows xp and put the boot archive and the Extras folder, based on this can anyone give me the necessary kexts to snow leopard and my configurations?

One more thing, should snow leopard retail be booted by a pendrive of 8gb?!

Snow Leopard installer can be booted off an 8GB USB key, yes.

There is not much to differ between the Pentium T2130 and the Core Duo T2050. Both are old low-end Yonah-generation FSB-533 CPUs running at speeds < 2GHz and with small L2 cache. In other words, they're poor performers by todays' standards and were average in their days. Being 32bit CPUs, they limit your Hackintosh possibilities to Snow Leopard. Lion requires a 64bit Core 2 Duo CPU minimum, even if it's to run Lion in 32bit kernel mode... Ideally, if it's supported by your laptop (and it would seem to be the case - make sure to have the latest BIOS), you should opt for a FSB-667 Merom CPU with a larger L2 cache such as the T7200, T7400 or T7600. Those should be available for peanuts on the 2nd hand market.

I've no personal experience with Transmac so cannot comment.

Re: Chameleon, what old version would you be trying to use? If you now divert to myHack with a retail SL DVD or image, you'll be sorted because myHack installs the necessary Chameleon bootloader version.

Snow Leopard installer can be booted off an 8GB USB key, yes.

There is not much to differ between the Pentium T2130 and the Core Duo T2050. Both are old low-end Yonah-generation FSB-533 CPUs running at speeds < 2GHz and with small L2 cache. In other words, they're poor performers by todays' standards and were average in their days. Being 32bit CPUs, they limit your Hackintosh possibilities to Snow Leopard. Lion requires a 64bit Core 2 Duo CPU minimum, even if it's to run Lion in 32bit kernel mode... Ideally, if it's supported by your laptop (and it would seem to be the case - make sure to have the latest BIOS), you should opt for a FSB-667 Merom CPU with a larger L2 cache such as the T7200, T7400 or T7600. Those should be available for peanuts on the 2nd hand market.

I've no personal experience with Transmac so cannot comment.

Re: Chameleon, what old version would you be trying to use? If you now divert to myHack with a retail SL DVD or image, you'll be sorted because myHack installs the necessary Chameleon bootloader version.

Well the version is 2.0 rc4 i think, i download today snow leopard but i cant put on pendrive because its more than 7,2gbs and my pendrive just have 7,2gb (He should have 8gbs). I try to erase the languages and just left my language and english but i cant because transmac dont let me erase nothing!(i think that i find a solution i gonna post back).

About cpu i cant update cause im very young and i dont have money maybe later.

To give you an idea, you can get a T7200 for about $1, a T7400 for about $3 and a T7600 for about $15. ^_^

Ok i gonna think about it.

Im trying to remove languages but i cant!

What i can do to remove files that i dont use and slim the instalation?

I gonna use DropDMG to make the .dmg read/write.

PS: Idk if my parents let me buy it...

And also my windows xp instalation was giving me problems soo i change the wirless adapter to the normal and now is fine. (Now i have Intel 3945EG).

Also my BIOS dont support VT-x, and my CPU should, but i try with symcmos and the value is changed but VT-x dont work(i saw on internet the value for my computer). If i buy T7400 should he support VT-x with symcmos?!

I search on internet for Snow Leopard Amilo Pro V3505 and i find 2 guys saying the samething that me but he asks who to do and stop answering so i think maybe is intel gma 950 because he also had a different CPU and he install a retailed DVD 10.6.3!

I find something! Someone who had a Amilo Pro V3505 says that he just need to select smbios 667, and all chipset drivers. Should i try with iAtkos S3 V2?

About the CPUs can you tell me a lowcost CPU 64 bits Quadcore?!

No QuadCore possible for this laptop.

Ok, should i use T7400 ?! Cause my father tell me that i just gonna spend money.

If i change to a T7400 my laptop obviously become more faster. I use laptop to games like Crossfire, for word and a few more programs. The programs gonna be much more faster or just a little bit?

And can you tell me where i find the esscencial kexts? Remeber i had a ps2 keyboard and mouse.

And if i buy should High Sierra work?

I cant use myhack because its unssported on my virtual machine (mac 10.4). I aleardy try update the version but i cant do it on a virtual box.

Resume:

Should i buy T7400 ( which is the performance difference, it is compatible with my motherboard and if is were i find whit the compatiblity)

Essencials kexts for snow leopard.

Another way to install myhack without a mac.

I have a Fujitsu Amilo Pro V3505 WL2

Thanks for you attention!

This is an old laptop with old hardware and limited power for today. As far as Mac OS is concerned, you cannot install any recent versions like Sierra 10.12 or High Sierra 10.13. At present, the best you can get is Snow Leopard 10.6 and, if you ever upgrade to a Merom T7x00, you would normally be able to run Lion 10.7. But that's where the buck stops.

So isn't necessary for me to buy T7400?!Which is best T2130 or T2050. Can i use T7300?

And should i use chameleon bootloader?!

And what kexts should i put on Extras folder?

Thanks!

Ok now i had that kernel panic!

I gonna try reinstal without any additiinal kext.

post-2353384-0-89543300-1514064178_thumb.jpg

Edited by MateusPT

Forget i finnally could do it.

I just make a bootabel image of iAtkos S3 V2 and unslect all option and just select ps2 controler efi.. and audio and thats it!

Thabks for your attecion!

Just an off topic ask could you tell me if is compatible T7500?

T7500 is FSB-800 Merom Core2Duo so no, it's not suited for your laptop. You'd need a 965GM chipset to support CPUs with an 800MHz FSB. Your 945PM chipset only supports C2D with FSB-533 and FSB-667.