glasgood

[SUCCESS][GUIDE] Glasgood's High Sierra CoffeeLake: ASUS STRIX Z370-G - i7-8700 - GTX1080ti - UHD

320 posts in this topic

Advertisement

I downloaded the MacOS High Sierra (11.6MB) from AppStore..

Hi, you need to download the full Install macOS High Sierra app and it is 5.21GB in size, not 11.6MB.

post-1077361-0-46502200-1515334841_thumb.png

Change quality to HD for better view, video a bit ropey but should be a good pointer for things.

post-1077361-0-46502200-1515334841_thumb.png

I had just done so, also because in the past I have already converted my ultrabook asus in mac, but now from the appstore when I download the file is not 5 GB and, when the download is complete the installation program opens automatically, very strange

If you don't have Windows, try EFI install of Linux. But first try recreating new USB installer. You could also initialise your Samsung EVO whilst in Linux.

Hi @Glasgood,

I created a new USB installer following your video, but there is nothing to do: HS install partition is not shown in Clover boot screen.

I tried with different version of Clover, from the most recent to older ones, every time with the same result.

I don't have Linux EFI install either, so I'm now installing Sierra, which to my surprise appeared in Clover.

I'm installing on sata SSD, since I don't see the NVme SSD in disk utilities inside Sierra Installer.

As soon as Sierra installation is finished, I download HS and see if I can upgrade.

Hi @Glasgood,

I created a new USB installer following your video, but there is nothing to do: HS install partition is not shown in Clover boot screen.

I tried with different version of Clover, from the most recent to older ones, every time with the same result.

I don't have Linux EFI install either, so I'm now installing Sierra, which to my surprise appeared in Clover.

I'm installing on sata SSD, since I don't see the NVme SSD in disk utilities inside Sierra Installer.

As soon as Sierra installation is finished, I download HS and see if I can upgrade.

I downloaded EFI folder and recreated High Sierra USB, I can sucesssfully boot ( F8 on boot ) to Mac OS High Sierra Install. It could be possible that the Mac OS High Sierra App is corrupt, did you download again and retry. That is strange... Sierra appeared in Clover boot screen but not High Sierra, you will have to initialise your NVMe for it to be seen in DiskUtility, see guide for how to initialise drive. 

I downloaded EFI folder and recreated High Sierra USB, I can sucesssfully boot ( F8 on boot ) to Mac OS High Sierra Install. It could be possible that the Mac OS High Sierra App is corrupt, did you download again and retry. That is strange... Sierra appeared in Clover boot screen but not High Sierra, you will have to initialise your NVMe for it to be seen in DiskUtility, see guide for how to initialise drive. 

Maybe High Sierra install app is corrupt, I only have 10.13.2.01 which I downloaded on my Yosemite macbook pro a few weeks ago.

I try and download High Sierra again from the App store, but I get the 19,5mb file instead of the 5,21 GB one and I don't know if and how I can get  the big one.

I managed to install Sierra on my Crucial Sata SSD, then I copied the EFI folder from the EFI partition on the boot usb to the corresponding one on the Crucial SSD and rebooted without the usb. Well, maybe I made something wrong because the OS does not boot and I'm redirected to the UEFI BIOS, where my sata SSD Drive is listed under the SATA devices, but it doesn't appear in the boot devices' list.

I'm stuck again, tomorrow after work I will look at the EFI partition on my SSD and see if I can get it to boot in Sierra, then I will try to upgrade to High Sierra.

Maybe High Sierra install app is corrupt, I only have 10.13.2.01 which I downloaded on my Yosemite macbook pro a few weeks ago.

I try and download High Sierra again from the App store, but I get the 19,5mb file instead of the 5,21 GB one and I don't know if and how I can get  the big one.

I managed to install Sierra on my Crucial Sata SSD, then I copied the EFI folder from the EFI partition on the boot usb to the corresponding one on the Crucial SSD and rebooted without the usb. Well, maybe I made something wrong because the OS does not boot and I'm redirected to the UEFI BIOS, where my sata SSD Drive is listed under the SATA devices, but it doesn't appear in the boot devices' list.

I'm stuck again, tomorrow after work I will look at the EFI partition on my SSD and see if I can get it to boot in Sierra, then I will try to upgrade to High Sierra.

hey man, try this link https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/macos-high-sierra/id1246284741?mt=12

I had the same issue as you and some downloads end up in a 20mb download installer and some are the full deal. The link above works for me. It'll direct you to the App Store but the download takes about 10 min on my connection so I assume its the full 5gb 

hey man, try this link https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/macos-high-sierra/id1246284741?mt=12

I had the same issue as you and some downloads end up in a 20mb download installer and some are the full deal. The link above works for me. It'll direct you to the App Store but the download takes about 10 min on my connection so I assume its the full 5gb 

I tried this link and it does not work for me...

and I'm still looking for the high sierra version, but I have not found it yet

Thank you,

but it's the same link I used and that lead to a <20mb install app.

Since you say you had luck I will give it some other tries. I'll let you know.

Hi floripa,

try to insert this string in the terminal, on the web they say it works, even if it did not work with me: sudo softwareupdate --clear-catalog and try downloading mac high sierra from the appstore .... I also tried to download this tool from apple site: macOSPublicBetaAccesUtility  but after download the version in megabytes and, I found another person who said that with an good internet connection he had access to the file in gigabyte instead with that a limited connection could only download the megabyte file....another person said to update their Mac to the last OS after which the appstore after that to download the file in gigabyte .. but again with me nothing worked... I do not know what to believe anymore  :) ... very strange...if anyone has another solution I would gladly download the file from the official appstore

Hi,

this is my config.plist:

post-1630748-0-60148200-1515427417_thumb.png

and this is sudo cat /tmp/AppleIntelInfo.dat output:

post-1630748-0-71226000-1515427505_thumb.png

it looks different than yours, i've an 8700k, how do i tell the power management is working?

Hi,

this is my config.plist:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-01-08 at 17.02.55.png

and this is sudo cat /tmp/AppleIntelInfo.dat output:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-01-08 at 17.04.42.png

it looks different than yours, i've an 8700k, how do i tell the power management is working?

Hi, your config.plist looks very different from those in the POST-INSTALL-EFI-FOLDER so I'm assuming you are doing your own build or following another guide. 

But I think I see some spot where you went wrong:

Also set:

Plugin Type = 1

-xcpm = true ( check )

post-1077361-0-74207000-1515428402_thumb.png

post-1077361-0-27344200-1515428430_thumb.png

Run the Intel Power Gadget, and run something processor intensive such as CineBench and observe.

best! :)

Ok thanks, now it works:

post-1630748-0-15139600-1515440669_thumb.png

post-1630748-0-51985600-1515440709_thumb.png

but it never boosts to 4.7Ghz, is it normal? Temperatures are ok, it is not thermal throttling, i don't understand why it does not exceeds 4.3ghz

Hi, your config.plist looks very different from those in the POST-INSTALL-EFI-FOLDER so I'm assuming you are doing your own build or following another guide. 

I've an asus Z370-i do you think that it will work if i copy/paste your folder? It has the same audio and network card of yours.

What are all those DSDT patches for?

Ok thanks, now it works:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-01-08 at 20.43.31.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-01-08 at 20.43.52.png

but it never boosts to 4.7Ghz, is it normal? Temperatures are ok, it is not thermal throttling, i don't understand why it does not exceeds 4.3ghz

I've an asus Z370-i do you think that it will work if i copy/paste your folder? It has the same audio and network card of yours.

I think getting top turbo speed at 4.7GHz is dependant on cooling, If the CPU is getting hot then it will throttle and you won't reach 4.7GHz but if you have water-cooling and good air flow and good CPU chip  ( Silicone lottery ) then getting 4.7GHz and above with OC can be achievable. Your speed stepping looks good.

Ok thanks, now it works:

hmmm I've got the exact same thing with the 4.3GHZ at roughly those temps 

Time to do some research

hmmm I've got the exact same thing with the 4.3GHZ at roughly those temps 

Time to do some research

It looks like the processor is most likley being throttled, maybe it is possible that SMBIOS for iMac 18,3 is something to do with the throttling. Is there any change when using MultiCore Enhancement ? 

Hi floripa,
try to insert this string in the terminal, on the web they say it works, even if it did not work with me: sudo softwareupdate --clear-catalog and try downloading mac high sierra from the appstore .... I also tried to download this tool from apple site: macOSPublicBetaAccesUtility  but after download the version in megabytes and, I found another person who said that with an good internet connection he had access to the file in gigabyte instead with that a limited connection could only download the megabyte file....another person said to update their Mac to the last OS after which the appstore after that to download the file in gigabyte .. but again with me nothing worked... I do not know what to believe anymore  :) ... very strange...if anyone has another solution I would gladly download the file from the official appstore

Hi Montelli,

I tried sudo softwareupdate --clear-catalog + download from App Store: 19,5 Mb installer. :(

Thanks anyway.

There is no app in there, just a .dmg with some .pkg files inside.

I read these pages: they suggest the use of some kind of linux server, which I don't have. :(

Hi Montelli,

I tried sudo softwareupdate --clear-catalog + download from App Store: 19,5 Mb installer. :(

Thanks anyway.

There is no app in there, just a .dmg with some .pkg files inside.

I read these pages: they suggest the use of some kind of linux server, which I don't have. :(

version. 10.13.2

Updated it to a .zip

Link removed

Followed the guide and to hackintosh promised land we have arrived: all working flawlessly, including wifi. (bluetooth not tested).

I had loads of trouble with the pci-express card. I think it's because mine wasn't proper "handoff".

Ended up going down the m.2 route and the BCM94360CS2. Removed the builtin wifi (still using the case and antennas), was able to sub it out for the purchases linked above.

Also updating the bios from 0430 helped. 

Glasgood! Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Edited by gengik84
Please read and remember of our forum rules

Ok thanks, now it works:

Stock turbo boost configuration for 8700K is up to 4.3 GHz for 6 cores, try changing OC settings in your BIOS and sync all cores to 4.7. Works for me.

Guide is confirmed working for the parts listed. I notice you have similar build, you have a "Asus rog rx 560 O4G Gaming" ATI graphics card. I have not used or tested my configuration with ATI cards. As a suggestion, ​If you try my EFI , download and use the Intel EFI folder but use the BIOS settings recommended for dedicated graphics card ie Nvidia. As you have a slightly different  Asus 370-E Strix board, then remove the Asus USB Ports patch from Clover/ACPI/Patched folder. For ATI card try Using Clover configurator  go to Graphics Section  and check RadeonDeInit.

If this works for you then please let me know, I can then update my Guide for ATI Radeon users. See my post for Win+High Sierra dual boot solution.

Thanks.

Ps 

There's a natural mystic blowing through the air  :)

Hey glasgood good news! Your guide on my build work(also with win10 dualboot): 

• i7-8700K
  • Asus Rog Strix z370-E
  • Coolermaster Seidon 120mm c3 plus
  • Asus rog rx 560 O4G Gaming
  • Hd Western Digital Black 1TB
  • M.2 Nvme Samsung 960 Evo 250GB
  • DVD-Rw LG-GH24NSD1
  • Evga g3 Super Nova 750W 80+ Gold
  • G-Skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZ
  • Zalman Z9 Neo White Case
I have a few questions:
The AMD card with the usb bootable was recognized, in "about this mac" was written "Readeon Pro 560 4GB". If I start macOS with the ssd the apple loaded but then I can not see anything ... so, with the check on RadeonDeInit the video card returns to work but then on about this mac is written AMD R9 *** 4 GB .... yet it seemed that he had recognized her natively ... why?
Why the integrated video card does not work with HDMI?
From the Piker-Alpha test AppleIntelInfo.kext how do I understand that power management is correct?
You told me to delete the patch for usb, did you mean "SSDT-UIAC.aml"?..anyway among the USB some do not work, on my motherboard Asus Z370-E works the USB 3.1 Gen2 Red and the two USB 3.1 Gen1 Blue, the two 2.0 ports don't work, while on the zalman case only the two USB 3.1 ports work and two USB 2.0 ports don't work, how to fix that ports? and, there is a way to test the actual speed of the USB ports?
I almost forgot..for the serial number, can I copy what I use in my hackintosh ultrabook? (it would be very convenient since some audio plug-in registrations are connected to it)

Thank you

ps.I managed to download the mac app installer from a friend's macbook
pss.for the wifi I have always used USB Asus N13 , for bluetooth I will provide
blessing  ;)