glasgood

[SUCCESS][GUIDE] Glasgood's High Sierra CoffeeLake: ASUS STRIX Z370-G - i7-8700 - GTX1080ti - UHD

320 posts in this topic

OK, I´m very confused - if you are right.

Like I said: There are plenty of builds on the unmentionable hackintosh forum using Realtek wifi, from what I can tell - so I´m not sure why it´s not doable.

Perhaps High Sierra demands a different solution?

FYI: I´m running Intel I218V2 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet with IntelMausiEthernet.kext

Not sure what to tell you - again, google the card and you can see there are no OS X drivers.  If you see them on TM, please post the links. 

Advertisement

@glasgood : Any input on the wifi/bluetooth issue?  :angel:

Supported OS X WiFi cards is a mine field, to be honest I played it safe by using a proper Apple WiFi module in an adapter.  There are Wifi cards that plug into USB ports, but you would not get iMessages, AirDrop etc.. working.  Sorry I can't be of anymore help on this. 

Not sure what to tell you - again, google the card and you can see there are no OS X drivers.  If you see them on TM, please post the links. 

Maybe you´re right - maybe it´s not possible under High Sierra, or using Z370. Will keep exploring, and worst case get a wifi/BT that works. Thanks! :)

THANKS A LOT ! 

I have bookmarked your article in tonymacx86 and found it has been deleted, feel so upset until i get this page.

My hardware list:

MSI 1070Ti

Asus Z370-G

i7 8700K

8*2G

almost the same with yours, so i use your EFI made a usb installer and install macOS, seems everything is working good.

But the "About This Mac" page show "NVIDIA Graphics Device 8 GB" after nvidia web driver installed, I don't konw how to modify it, thanks for your time.

THANKS A LOT !

I have bookmarked your article in tonymacx86 and found it has been deleted, feel so upset until i get this page.

My hardware list:

MSI 1070Ti

Asus Z370-G

i7 8700K

8*2G

almost the same with yours, so i use your EFI made a usb installer and install macOS, seems everything is working good.

But the "About This Mac" page show "NVIDIA Graphics Device 8 GB" after nvidia web driver installed, I don't konw how to modify it, thanks for your time.

I’m happy you found the guide, welcome? Sounds like your GTX is installed as it is registered in “About this Mac” You only need to modify the driver after an update when graphics is broken.

Hello, I saw your guide on the other site and when it disappeared I felt bad haha, here it is again well, my hardware is (similar):

i7-8700K,

Asus Rog Strix z370-E

Coolermaster Seidon 120mm c3 plus

Asus rog rx 560 O4G Gaming

Hd Western Digital Black 1TB

M.2 Nvme Samsung 960 Evo 250GB

DVD-Rw LG-GH24NSD1

Evga g3 Super Nova 750W 80+ Gold

G-Skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZ

Zalman Z9 Neo White Case

they will arrive in a few days... I suppose the guide works properly, right @glasgood ?

In any case I will let you know

Ps. For a dualboot win+high sierra do you know a guide? I want install sierra in nvme and win on hd

Thank you

Hello, I saw your guide on the other site and when it disappeared I felt bad haha, here it is again well, my hardware is (similar):

i7-8700K,
Asus Rog Strix z370-E
Coolermaster Seidon 120mm c3 plus
Asus rog rx 560 O4G Gaming
Hd Western Digital Black 1TB
M.2 Nvme Samsung 960 Evo 250GB
DVD-Rw LG-GH24NSD1
Evga g3 Super Nova 750W 80+ Gold
G-Skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZ
Zalman Z9 Neo White Case

they will arrive in a few days... I suppose the guide works properly, right @glasgood ?
In any case I will let you know

Ps. For a dualboot win+high sierra do you know a guide? I want install sierra in nvme and win on hd

Thank you

Guide is confirmed working for the parts listed. I notice you have similar build, you have a "Asus rog rx 560 O4G Gaming" ATI graphics card. I have not used or tested my configuration with ATI cards. As a suggestion, ​If you try my EFI , download and use the Intel EFI folder but use the BIOS settings recommended for dedicated graphics card ie Nvidia. As you have a slightly different  Asus 370-E Strix board, then remove the Asus USB Ports patch from Clover/ACPI/Patched folder. For ATI card try Using Clover configurator  go to Graphics Section  and check RadeonDeInit.

post-1077361-0-58699400-1513720806_thumb.png

If this works for you then please let me know, I can then update my Guide for ATI Radeon users. See my post for Win+High Sierra dual boot solution.

Thanks.

Ps 

There's a natural mystic blowing through the air  :)

post-1077361-0-58699400-1513720806_thumb.png

I’m happy you found the guide, welcome Sounds like your GTX is installed as it is registered in “About this Mac” You only need to modify the driver after an update when graphics is broken.

is there anyway i can change the "NVIDIA Graphics Device 8 GB" to "NVIDIA GTX1070Ti 8 GB"

is there anyway i can change the "NVIDIA Graphics Device 8 GB" to "NVIDIA GTX1070Ti 8 GB"

Can you upload your config.plist file and a screenshot of System Report Graphics / Display. Make sure you are not injecting Nvidia in config.plist.

FYI I opted to get an external Wi-fi and Bluetooth PCI-E card, just to be safe. 
Got the ABWB Hackintosh combo-card. Should work OOB. Only issue it seems to have with older MBs is waking after sleep or not sleeping at all.
AFAIU it should not be an issue with Z300 boards.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got the ABWB Hackintosh combo-card. Should work OOB. Only issue it seems to have with older MBs is waking after sleep or not sleeping at all.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A great card, you should have no problems!  :)

A great card, you should have no problems!  :)

Cool, thanks :) Good to know! :)

If you can see my specs, can you tell me if I can just follow your "manual" - or if I need to do something differently?

Cool, thanks :) Good to know! :)

If you can see my specs, can you tell me if I can just follow your "manual" - or if I need to do something differently?

I can't see you're specs, but the wifi card works out of the box. If you are dual booting with  Windows, download the drivers BroadcomWirelessWin8x64.exe and BroadcomComController64.exe, BroadcomBluetooth64.exe for the wireless card via boot camp.

I can't see you're specs, but the wifi card works out of the box. If you are dual booting with  Windows, download the drivers BroadcomWirelessWin8x64.exe and BroadcomComController64.exe, BroadcomBluetooth64.exe for the wireless card via boot camp.

Just updated my signature, so you can see my setup there :)

Just updated my signature, so you can see my setup there :)

I see you have the Z370 Maximus X hero. As it's a different board, It should work at some level!  I have noticed that the sound on your board is S1220 but not exact same as my Z370-G Strix as it has S1220(A). So sound is not guaranteed, you may have to troubleshoot and try different Layout-ID in config.plist. Also you will have to remove the Asus USB ports patch from Clover/ACPI/Patched folder as they are specific for the Z370-G Asus Strix. Best  :)

post-1077361-0-15493100-1513776494_thumb.pngpost-1077361-0-96609300-1513776504_thumb.png

post-1077361-0-15493100-1513776494_thumb.png

post-1077361-0-96609300-1513776504_thumb.png

I see you have the Z370 Maximus X hero. As it's a different board, It should work at some level!  I have noticed that the sound on your board is S1220 but not exact same as my Z370-G Strix as it has S1220(A). So sound is not guaranteed, you may have to troubleshoot and try different Layout-ID in config.plist. Also you will have to remove the Asus USB ports patch from Clover/ACPI/Patched folder as they are specific for the Z370-G Asus Strix. Best  :)

Great! Thanks so much! :) So, the two boards have different USB setups? Interesting that two similar boards need different patches, but I learn something new every day. Thanks for enlightening me :)

Hi, It appears that is's working in System Report.  :)  see comparison below:

post-1077361-0-65209500-1513783942_thumb.png

Guide is confirmed working for the parts listed. I notice you have similar build, you have a "Asus rog rx 560 O4G Gaming" ATI graphics card. I have not used or tested my configuration with ATI cards. As a suggestion, ​If you try my EFI , download and use the Intel EFI folder but use the BIOS settings recommended for dedicated graphics card ie Nvidia. As you have a slightly different  Asus 370-E Strix board, then remove the Asus USB Ports patch from Clover/ACPI/Patched folder. For ATI card try Using Clover configurator  go to Graphics Section  and check RadeonDeInit.

If this works for you then please let me know, I can then update my Guide for ATI Radeon users. See my post for Win+High Sierra dual boot solution.

Thanks.

I'll let you know as soon as I get all the components, mmm I can not find your post on win + high sierra, where is it?

There's a natural mystic blowing through the air   :)

Yes man those are holy words and heavy words, jah blessing  :angel:

I'll let you know as soon as I get all the components, mmm I can not find your post on win + high sierra, where is it?

It in this post >>here<<  find  MULTIBOOT WITH WINDOWS  :)

damn, I had not seen...in any case, I'll have to first install mac on nvme, and then remove the nvme from the motherboard and connect the hard disk and install windows 10 on hd, all in uefi mode, right?

damn, I had not seen...in any case, I'll have to first install mac on nvme, and then remove the nvme from the motherboard and connect the hard disk and install windows 10 on hd, all in uefi mode, right?

Yeah, or before installing High Sierra on NVMe, install Windows. Then Remove Window's drive then install High Sierra on NVMe. 

A couple of questions regarding wifi and installing extra drives:

1) I received the "ABWB combo card for Hackintosh". Do I need the USB-connector when it´s plugged into the PCI-E slot?

2) Will it make sense to use the antennas that came with my ASUS X Hero board (longer wires so it can sit on the table), or do I stick to the 3 antennas that came with the ABWB? FYI the ASUS antenna only covers 2 out of 3 outlets, so I´ll still have to use one of the ABWB antennas to fill all 3 antenna sockets/connectors.

3) Currently I have one M.2 SSD drive installed and plan to use it as the main drive. Then later, when the new machine is up and running, I will add all the drives from my "old" machine, so I don´t lose any uptime. (2 HDD drives and 4 SSD drives)
Is there anything I need to be aware of when doing it like this? I mean, any BIOS settings that need to be changed after plugging in the rest of the drives or similar?

A couple of questions regarding wifi and installing extra drives:

1) I received the "ABWB combo card for Hackintosh". Do I need the USB-connector when it´s plugged into the PCI-E slot?

2) Will it make sense to use the antennas that came with my ASUS X Hero board (longer wires so it can sit on the table), or do I stick to the 3 antennas that came with the ABWB? FYI the ASUS antenna only covers 2 out of 3 outlets, so I´ll still have to use one of the ABWB antennas to fill all 3 antenna sockets/connectors.

3) Currently I have one M.2 SSD drive installed and plan to use it as the main drive. Then later, when the new machine is up and running, I will add all the drives from my "old" machine, so I don´t lose any uptime. (2 HDD drives and 4 SSD drives)

Is there anything I need to be aware of when doing it like this? I mean, any BIOS settings that need to be changed after plugging in the rest of the drives or similar?

1.  For Bluetooth, yes.  If you don't care about BT, you don't need to worry about that USB cable. 

2.  I'd stick with what's in the box, but you can experiment! 

3.  You'd want to boot from the drive that contains the Clover/etc. setup, and it would then show a boot menu with your Windows drive(s).  You can edit the Clover config to remove any extra drives / items you don't want to see (recovery, for example).  

1.  For Bluetooth, yes.  If you don't care about BT, you don't need to worry about that USB cable. 

2.  I'd stick with what's in the box, but you can experiment! 

3.  You'd want to boot from the drive that contains the Clover/etc. setup, and it would then show a boot menu with your Windows drive(s).  You can edit the Clover config to remove any extra drives / items you don't want to see (recovery, for example).  

Thanks a lot, Bluescreens! :)

One follow-up question to point 3:

Maybe I was unclear, but I want to ONLY use the M.2 SSD while setting up the new machine, THEN transfer (physically) the rest of my drives when the main drive is ready to go. Will I have to make any changes once the additional drives are added to the new machine?