glasgood

[SUCCESS][GUIDE] Glasgood's High Sierra CoffeeLake: ASUS STRIX Z370-G - i7-8700 - GTX1080ti - UHD

317 posts in this topic

OK, I´m very confused - if you are right.

Like I said: There are plenty of builds on the unmentionable hackintosh forum using Realtek wifi, from what I can tell - so I´m not sure why it´s not doable.

Perhaps High Sierra demands a different solution?

FYI: I´m running Intel I218V2 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet with IntelMausiEthernet.kext

Not sure what to tell you - again, google the card and you can see there are no OS X drivers.  If you see them on TM, please post the links. 

Advertisement

@glasgood : Any input on the wifi/bluetooth issue?  :angel:

Supported OS X WiFi cards is a mine field, to be honest I played it safe by using a proper Apple WiFi module in an adapter.  There are Wifi cards that plug into USB ports, but you would not get iMessages, AirDrop etc.. working.  Sorry I can't be of anymore help on this. 

Not sure what to tell you - again, google the card and you can see there are no OS X drivers.  If you see them on TM, please post the links. 

Maybe you´re right - maybe it´s not possible under High Sierra, or using Z370. Will keep exploring, and worst case get a wifi/BT that works. Thanks! :)

THANKS A LOT ! 

I have bookmarked your article in tonymacx86 and found it has been deleted, feel so upset until i get this page.

My hardware list:

MSI 1070Ti

Asus Z370-G

i7 8700K

8*2G

almost the same with yours, so i use your EFI made a usb installer and install macOS, seems everything is working good.

But the "About This Mac" page show "NVIDIA Graphics Device 8 GB" after nvidia web driver installed, I don't konw how to modify it, thanks for your time.

THANKS A LOT !

I have bookmarked your article in tonymacx86 and found it has been deleted, feel so upset until i get this page.

My hardware list:

MSI 1070Ti

Asus Z370-G

i7 8700K

8*2G

almost the same with yours, so i use your EFI made a usb installer and install macOS, seems everything is working good.

But the "About This Mac" page show "NVIDIA Graphics Device 8 GB" after nvidia web driver installed, I don't konw how to modify it, thanks for your time.

I’m happy you found the guide, welcome? Sounds like your GTX is installed as it is registered in “About this Mac” You only need to modify the driver after an update when graphics is broken.

Hello, I saw your guide on the other site and when it disappeared I felt bad haha, here it is again well, my hardware is (similar):

i7-8700K,

Asus Rog Strix z370-E

Coolermaster Seidon 120mm c3 plus

Asus rog rx 560 O4G Gaming

Hd Western Digital Black 1TB

M.2 Nvme Samsung 960 Evo 250GB

DVD-Rw LG-GH24NSD1

Evga g3 Super Nova 750W 80+ Gold

G-Skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZ

Zalman Z9 Neo White Case

they will arrive in a few days... I suppose the guide works properly, right @glasgood ?

In any case I will let you know

Ps. For a dualboot win+high sierra do you know a guide? I want install sierra in nvme and win on hd

Thank you

Hello, I saw your guide on the other site and when it disappeared I felt bad haha, here it is again well, my hardware is (similar):

i7-8700K,
Asus Rog Strix z370-E
Coolermaster Seidon 120mm c3 plus
Asus rog rx 560 O4G Gaming
Hd Western Digital Black 1TB
M.2 Nvme Samsung 960 Evo 250GB
DVD-Rw LG-GH24NSD1
Evga g3 Super Nova 750W 80+ Gold
G-Skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZ
Zalman Z9 Neo White Case

they will arrive in a few days... I suppose the guide works properly, right @glasgood ?
In any case I will let you know

Ps. For a dualboot win+high sierra do you know a guide? I want install sierra in nvme and win on hd

Thank you

Guide is confirmed working for the parts listed. I notice you have similar build, you have a "Asus rog rx 560 O4G Gaming" ATI graphics card. I have not used or tested my configuration with ATI cards. As a suggestion, ​If you try my EFI , download and use the Intel EFI folder but use the BIOS settings recommended for dedicated graphics card ie Nvidia. As you have a slightly different  Asus 370-E Strix board, then remove the Asus USB Ports patch from Clover/ACPI/Patched folder. For ATI card try Using Clover configurator  go to Graphics Section  and check RadeonDeInit.

post-1077361-0-58699400-1513720806_thumb.png

If this works for you then please let me know, I can then update my Guide for ATI Radeon users. See my post for Win+High Sierra dual boot solution.

Thanks.

Ps 

There's a natural mystic blowing through the air  :)

post-1077361-0-58699400-1513720806_thumb.png

I’m happy you found the guide, welcome Sounds like your GTX is installed as it is registered in “About this Mac” You only need to modify the driver after an update when graphics is broken.

is there anyway i can change the "NVIDIA Graphics Device 8 GB" to "NVIDIA GTX1070Ti 8 GB"

is there anyway i can change the "NVIDIA Graphics Device 8 GB" to "NVIDIA GTX1070Ti 8 GB"

Can you upload your config.plist file and a screenshot of System Report Graphics / Display. Make sure you are not injecting Nvidia in config.plist.

FYI I opted to get an external Wi-fi and Bluetooth PCI-E card, just to be safe. 
Got the ABWB Hackintosh combo-card. Should work OOB. Only issue it seems to have with older MBs is waking after sleep or not sleeping at all.
AFAIU it should not be an issue with Z300 boards.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got the ABWB Hackintosh combo-card. Should work OOB. Only issue it seems to have with older MBs is waking after sleep or not sleeping at all.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A great card, you should have no problems!  :)

A great card, you should have no problems!  :)

Cool, thanks :) Good to know! :)

If you can see my specs, can you tell me if I can just follow your "manual" - or if I need to do something differently?

Cool, thanks :) Good to know! :)

If you can see my specs, can you tell me if I can just follow your "manual" - or if I need to do something differently?

I can't see you're specs, but the wifi card works out of the box. If you are dual booting with  Windows, download the drivers BroadcomWirelessWin8x64.exe and BroadcomComController64.exe, BroadcomBluetooth64.exe for the wireless card via boot camp.

I can't see you're specs, but the wifi card works out of the box. If you are dual booting with  Windows, download the drivers BroadcomWirelessWin8x64.exe and BroadcomComController64.exe, BroadcomBluetooth64.exe for the wireless card via boot camp.

Just updated my signature, so you can see my setup there :)

Just updated my signature, so you can see my setup there :)

I see you have the Z370 Maximus X hero. As it's a different board, It should work at some level!  I have noticed that the sound on your board is S1220 but not exact same as my Z370-G Strix as it has S1220(A). So sound is not guaranteed, you may have to troubleshoot and try different Layout-ID in config.plist. Also you will have to remove the Asus USB ports patch from Clover/ACPI/Patched folder as they are specific for the Z370-G Asus Strix. Best  :)

post-1077361-0-15493100-1513776494_thumb.pngpost-1077361-0-96609300-1513776504_thumb.png

post-1077361-0-15493100-1513776494_thumb.png

post-1077361-0-96609300-1513776504_thumb.png

I see you have the Z370 Maximus X hero. As it's a different board, It should work at some level!  I have noticed that the sound on your board is S1220 but not exact same as my Z370-G Strix as it has S1220(A). So sound is not guaranteed, you may have to troubleshoot and try different Layout-ID in config.plist. Also you will have to remove the Asus USB ports patch from Clover/ACPI/Patched folder as they are specific for the Z370-G Asus Strix. Best  :)

Great! Thanks so much! :) So, the two boards have different USB setups? Interesting that two similar boards need different patches, but I learn something new every day. Thanks for enlightening me :)

Hi, It appears that is's working in System Report.  :)  see comparison below:

post-1077361-0-65209500-1513783942_thumb.png

Guide is confirmed working for the parts listed. I notice you have similar build, you have a "Asus rog rx 560 O4G Gaming" ATI graphics card. I have not used or tested my configuration with ATI cards. As a suggestion, ​If you try my EFI , download and use the Intel EFI folder but use the BIOS settings recommended for dedicated graphics card ie Nvidia. As you have a slightly different  Asus 370-E Strix board, then remove the Asus USB Ports patch from Clover/ACPI/Patched folder. For ATI card try Using Clover configurator  go to Graphics Section  and check RadeonDeInit.

If this works for you then please let me know, I can then update my Guide for ATI Radeon users. See my post for Win+High Sierra dual boot solution.

Thanks.

I'll let you know as soon as I get all the components, mmm I can not find your post on win + high sierra, where is it?

There's a natural mystic blowing through the air   :)

Yes man those are holy words and heavy words, jah blessing  :angel:

I'll let you know as soon as I get all the components, mmm I can not find your post on win + high sierra, where is it?

It in this post >>here<<  find  MULTIBOOT WITH WINDOWS  :)

damn, I had not seen...in any case, I'll have to first install mac on nvme, and then remove the nvme from the motherboard and connect the hard disk and install windows 10 on hd, all in uefi mode, right?

damn, I had not seen...in any case, I'll have to first install mac on nvme, and then remove the nvme from the motherboard and connect the hard disk and install windows 10 on hd, all in uefi mode, right?

Yeah, or before installing High Sierra on NVMe, install Windows. Then Remove Window's drive then install High Sierra on NVMe. 

A couple of questions regarding wifi and installing extra drives:

1) I received the "ABWB combo card for Hackintosh". Do I need the USB-connector when it´s plugged into the PCI-E slot?

2) Will it make sense to use the antennas that came with my ASUS X Hero board (longer wires so it can sit on the table), or do I stick to the 3 antennas that came with the ABWB? FYI the ASUS antenna only covers 2 out of 3 outlets, so I´ll still have to use one of the ABWB antennas to fill all 3 antenna sockets/connectors.

3) Currently I have one M.2 SSD drive installed and plan to use it as the main drive. Then later, when the new machine is up and running, I will add all the drives from my "old" machine, so I don´t lose any uptime. (2 HDD drives and 4 SSD drives)
Is there anything I need to be aware of when doing it like this? I mean, any BIOS settings that need to be changed after plugging in the rest of the drives or similar?

A couple of questions regarding wifi and installing extra drives:

1) I received the "ABWB combo card for Hackintosh". Do I need the USB-connector when it´s plugged into the PCI-E slot?

2) Will it make sense to use the antennas that came with my ASUS X Hero board (longer wires so it can sit on the table), or do I stick to the 3 antennas that came with the ABWB? FYI the ASUS antenna only covers 2 out of 3 outlets, so I´ll still have to use one of the ABWB antennas to fill all 3 antenna sockets/connectors.

3) Currently I have one M.2 SSD drive installed and plan to use it as the main drive. Then later, when the new machine is up and running, I will add all the drives from my "old" machine, so I don´t lose any uptime. (2 HDD drives and 4 SSD drives)

Is there anything I need to be aware of when doing it like this? I mean, any BIOS settings that need to be changed after plugging in the rest of the drives or similar?

1.  For Bluetooth, yes.  If you don't care about BT, you don't need to worry about that USB cable. 

2.  I'd stick with what's in the box, but you can experiment! 

3.  You'd want to boot from the drive that contains the Clover/etc. setup, and it would then show a boot menu with your Windows drive(s).  You can edit the Clover config to remove any extra drives / items you don't want to see (recovery, for example).  

1.  For Bluetooth, yes.  If you don't care about BT, you don't need to worry about that USB cable. 

2.  I'd stick with what's in the box, but you can experiment! 

3.  You'd want to boot from the drive that contains the Clover/etc. setup, and it would then show a boot menu with your Windows drive(s).  You can edit the Clover config to remove any extra drives / items you don't want to see (recovery, for example).  

Thanks a lot, Bluescreens! :)

One follow-up question to point 3:

Maybe I was unclear, but I want to ONLY use the M.2 SSD while setting up the new machine, THEN transfer (physically) the rest of my drives when the main drive is ready to go. Will I have to make any changes once the additional drives are added to the new machine?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By glasgood
      GLASGOOD'S

MOJAVE HACKINTOSH GUIDE 

**FOR**  GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO

CREDITS & THANKS

@MaLd0n
      His help with EFI configuration and DSDT

CLOVER  TEAM
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, rehabman, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon Et al

APPLEALC
      Acidanthera, vit9696

VOODOOHDA
      autumnrain, slice2009, zenith432

ESP PRO MOUNTER
      @Micky1979 

HACKINTOOL
      @headkaze

CLOVER CONFIGURATOR
      Mackie100

THEME ENGINE
      Alex Zielenski

INSANELYMAC
      OLARILA

Hackintool Tutorial
      daliansky

Hackintosh Guide
      CorpNewt

MONITORCONTROL
      JoniVR & theOneyouseek

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATES

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PART LIST

• Intel I7 8700 
      • Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO
      • Gigabyte AORUS RADEON RX 580 8GB ( connected to monitor with DisplayPort )

• Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB ( 2 x 8GB ) 2666MHz – CMK16GX4M2A2666C16  In this build, both memory modules are installed in memory slots DDR4_A1  and DDR4_B1 

• Corsair RM650x 80 Plus Gold Power Supply Unit
      • Corsair H100i V2 AIO Hydro/Water RGB LED CPU Cooler
      • Samsung EVO 500GB SSD (2.5) macOS Mojave
      • Samsung EVO 250 GB SSD (2.5) Windows 10 Pro
      • NZXT H500 Mid Tower ATX Case

• RECOMMENDED WIFI CARD → ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS  
      OR
      • WIFI and Bluetooth with BCM94331CD with PCI-e adapter (but will require AirportBrcmFixup.kext for AirDrop.. )

** Avoid Samsung EVO 970 PLUS as Hackintosh has problem with that device **

WORKING

• Sound 
      • HDMI Port on AMD RX580 / 590 ( Ensure you disable BIOS CSM if using HDMI on RX580 / RX590 )
      • HDMI Port on Aorus Z390 Motherboard ( Ensure you have correct BIOS settings as per this guide for Intel only)
      • Ethernet Port
      • WiFi
      • SSD Trim
      • USB 3.0 & 2.0 
      • AirDrop
      • iCloud
      • Hardware Acceleration
      • iMessages
      • Facetime
      • Handoff
      • Continuity

PREAMBLE - BEFORE YOU START 

Here detailed, is all the  steps towards building a successful and stable Aorus Pro Z390 Hackintosh, if you are a first time Hackintosher, this guide will have you quickly up and running with the Aorus Pro Z390 Hackintosh. To rule out any problems from the go,
      only have the disc that you plan to install macOS Mojave connected to the Aorus Pro, disconnect any other Windows / Linux or data drives, external drives from your Aorus Pro. Windows / Linux and data drives can be connected after successful installation of macOS Mojave
      If you have more than 16 GB of memory, then install macOS Mojave with just 16GB, you can later add any additional memory. Install memory modules in slots DDR4_A1  and DDR4_B1. This build has the Wi-Fi combo PCI-e adapter card installed in slot PCIEX1_3.
      The WiFi/Bluetooth PCI-e Combo card used in this Aorus Pro guide has it's 9 pin USB cable attached to motherboard header F_USB2 and is enabled in SSDT-UIAC.aml ( USB ports fix ). 

Do install macOS Mojave on its own physical drive, so do not try and install macOS Mojave onto a free partition on a disc that contains Windows.
      Remove any Thunderbolt cards, Thunderbolt card can be reinserted after installation.  Double check your BIOS settings are the same as this guide. 

Following are unsupported / problematic

• Intel Optane ( if you have this, remove it before installation of macOS Mojave )

• Samsung EVO Plus drives ( firmware problem with macOS )

• XFX Radeon RX 580

• NVIDIA GTX / RTX not supported in macOS Mojave

• Fenvi T919 Wireless Card, it seems Bluetooth is not working out of box for some users ( Maybe the USB port attached to Fenvi bluetooth is wrongly configured, or the SSDT-UIAC.aml port connector was not configured as Internal, or maybe some other reason )
         Save yourself a headache --->  RECOMMENDED WIFI CARD WORKING OUT OF BOX (OOB)  is ---> ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS 

Q - WILL THIS GUIDE WORK WITH MY NON AORUS Z390 MOTHERBOARD ?
      A - Possibly may work with other Z390 chipset motherboards, but you will have to remove SSDT-UIAC.aml from Clover / ACPI / patched from the PRE-INSTALL EFI and enable the ports limit patch.

PART 1 - DOWNLOAD 

Download the following:

• CLOVER

• PRE-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - RX580.zip

• POST-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - RX580.zip 

// INTEL UHD 630 EFI  Aorus Pro Z390 EFI's below. For those who do not have a Graphics Card Installed in PCIe Slot, requires Initial Display Output BIOS setting to be changed to IGFX  spoiler below!

•  PRE-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - Intel UHD630.zip

• POST-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - Intel UHD630.zip

• ESP MOUNTER PRO v1.9

• macOS MOJAVE 

• CLOVER CONFIGURATOR

• EmuVariableUefi-64.efi  ( Used only to initialise iMessages. It then must be removed from Clover drivers64UEFI folder as will cause intermittent memory allocation errors on boot, explained in guide)

OPTIONAL DOWNLOADS

• Native Display Brightness with MonitorControl

• VoodooHDA.kext.zip 

• ThemeEngine 

• Assets.car 

// Not really needed but IF no sound on Wake from Sleep then use SSDT-ALC1220 and CodecCommander
      • SSDT-ALC1220.aml  ( Resolves Audio Sound on Wake, place in Clover / ACPI / Patched )

• CodecCommander.kext.zip ( Resolves Audio Sound on Wake, place in Clover / Kexts / Other )

PART 2 - BIOS SETTINGS (version F9 )

Here is a list of the BIOS settings that I have used ( Screenshots in spoiler below )

• Enter BIOS → Press F12 → Enter Setup
      • Save & Exit → Load Optimized Defaults

• BIOS → Windows 8/10 Features → Other OS
      • BIOS → CSM Support → Enabled

• Peripherals → Initial Display Output → PCIe 1 Slot
      • Peripherals → Trusted Computing → Security Device Support →  Disable
      • Peripherals → Intel(R)Bios Guard → Intel BIOS Guard Support →  Disable
      • Peripherals → USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support →  Enabled
      • Peripherals → USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off →  Enabled
      • Peripherals → Network Stack Configuration → Network Stack →  Disabled
      • Peripherals → SATA And RST Configuration → SATA Mode Selection →  AHCI

• Chipset → Vt-d → Enabled
      • Chipset → Internal Graphics → Enabled
      • Chipset → DVMT Pre-Allocated → 256M
      • Chipset → DVMT Total Gfx Mem → MAX 
      • Chipset → Audio Controller → Enabled
      • Chipset → Above 4G Decoding → Disabled 

• Power → ErP → Disabled
      • Power → RC6 (Render Standby) → Disabled

// IF USING  CORSAIR H100i V2 AIO CPU WATER COOLER 
      • MIT → Smart Fan 5 Settings → CPU Fan Control mode → PWM 

• Save & Exit → Save & Exit Setup

SCREEN DUMP SPOILERS

PART 3 – CREATE A MOJAVE USB FLASH INSTALLER

Prepare USB Installer for Mojave ( Video below )

• Insert USB drive
      • Launch /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
      • Disk Utility → View → Show All Devices
      • On Left-hand panel → External →(Identify your USB device in left hand panel)
      • Click and highlight your USB device in the left-hand panel.
      • Click erase button.
      • Name: USB
      • Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled )
      • Scheme: GUID Partition Map
      • Click Erase button.

• Place the downloaded MacOS Mojave app into Applications folder.
      • Open Terminal copy and paste:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --nointeraction && say Mojave Drive Created  • Enter

PART 4 – INSTALL CLOVER ON THE MOJAVE USB INSTALLER 

Make Mojave USB flash drive installer bootable.( Video below )

• Launch Clover application, double click.
      • Click Continue → Continue → Continue 
      • Click Change Install Location button.
      • Click Install macOSMojave USB installer → Continue
      • Click Customise button
      • Choose:
      Clover for UEFI booting only Install Clover in the ESP Themes UEFI Drivers Install RC scripts on target volume    NO NEED TO INSTALL RC SCRIPTS ON USB INSTALLER • Click Install button
      • Installation Complete!

Video:

PART 5 – CUSTOMIZE MOJAVE USB INSTALLER FOR AORUS Z390 PRO

Replace Clover EFI folder with PRE-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - RX580.zip  OR  if NO graphics card installed in PCIe slot, then use PRE-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - Intel UHD630.zip( Video below ) 

• Install ESP Mounter Pro v1.9
      • Using ESP Mounter Pro, Mount ESP on disk2s1 ( Your disk name may be different )

• Open mounted EFI partition found on desktop
      • Copy all the contents from Aorus 390 Pro EFI folder
      • Replace USB EFI folder with all the contents inside the Aorus 390 Pro EFI folder.

PART 6 – INSTALL MAC OS MOJAVE ON INTERNAL DRIVE

INSTALL NOTE

ENSURE BIOS: Above 4G Decoding is set to Disabled 
      if Above 4G decoding is set to enabled then macOS Mojave install will freeze at 2 mins remaining and will not shut down properly!!!!

Please be patient during install, so when install gets to 2 or 3 mins remaining then it may take extra time. Be ready to boot from UEFI USB installer by pressing F12 when install initiates restarts. 

• INSERT USB INSTALLER INTO THE USB 2.0 PORT  

Here is a walkthrough of the full process using the macOS Mojave USB Installer on the Aorus Z390 Pro. 

• Power on PC and press F12• Choose bootable USB drive from boot menu.

• Install macOS Mojave to internal solid state or hard drive.

When system returns to the Clover boot menu choose:

• Boot macOS Install from Macintosh

At next restart, press F12 and boot from external UEFI USB device and choose:

• Boot macOS Install from Macintosh

Proceed with macOS Mojave install

macOS Mojave is now installed, but it can only boot at this moment thanks to FakeSMC and Clover on the Mojave USB flash drive installer.

PART 7 – MAKE AORUS Z390 PRO INTERNAL DRIVE BOOTABLE

Make internal drive bootable ( Video below )

So far, the Aorus Pro can only boot the internal system drive with the aid of the Mojave USB Installer.
      To boot from the internal system drive without the installer: 

Download and install Clover with RC Scripts on target volume.  
      If your Aorus Pro Z390 has AMD RX 580 then copy the EFI folder from inside POST-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - RX580.zip  folder and paste it inside the the System Drive EFI partition.          OR
      If your Aorus Pro Z390 has no graphics card installed in PCIe slot, then copy the EFI folder from inside POST-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - Intel UHD630.zip  folder and paste it inside the the System Drive EFI partition.   

• Remove USB Mojave installer and shut down and restart.

Aorus Hackintosh should now be able to boot to macOS Mojave, Done, well almost ! 

PART 8 – ENABLE IMESSAGES & FACETIME 

// UPDATE 21st MAY 2019

Past experience suggests Clover Configurator now automatically populates correct values for working iMessages when you select an SMBIOS.  

After selecting SMBIOS, example iMac19,1 for Aorus Pro with RX580 ( image above ) then go to Apple and ensure you have the "serial number is not valid " message. Done!

If you still have problems connecting to iMessage, test and ensure that AirDrop is working, then follow instructions inside spoiler. 

• Mount internal drive EFI/ESP partition
      • Go to folder CLOVER → drivers64UEFI 
      • Place both EMUVariableUefi-64.efi inside → drivers64UEFI

Using Clover Configurator, add the following argument to config.plist using Clover Configurator.

• Slide = 0

Shutdown and then press power on button on PC.

• You should now be able to Log into iCloud, iMessages and FaceTime

• NOW delete EMUVariableUefi-64.efi from CLOVER → drivers64UEFI Folder 
      • Shutdown and restart Aorus Pro hackintosh. iMessages etc is now operational without EMUVariableUefi-64.efi ( EMUVariableUefi-64.efi only needed to initialise iMessages )

// UPDATE 22nd May 2019 

• It seems that there are no "Couldn't allocate runtime area"  errors when continuing to use EMUVariableUefi-64.efi since updating to macOS Mojave 10.14.5 and using Clover version r4920. 
      • It is important to delete EMUVariableUefi-64.efi, this will avoid very intermittent boot errors such as: “Couldn’t allocate runtime area”  post errors.

PART 9 – ENABLE TRIM for Solid State Flash Drives

Open Terminal and enter the following command:
      sudo trimforce enable  

DEFAULT SSDT –  USB PORTS FIX CONFIGURATION WITH FRONT USB-C - SSDT ALREADY INSIDE AORUS Z390 EFI FOLDER  – Provided by @AudioGod 

If you have USBC on Computer Chassis / Case, then SS01 and SS02 is mapped to that USB C port 

------------    GUIDE FINISHED YOU SHOULD NOW HAVE WORKING AORUS Z390 PRO HACKINTOSH  WITH SSDT USB FIX   ------------

OPTIONAL: Set Wi-Fi Country Code

OPTIONAL: System Information - PCI

OPTIONAL:  Enable HDMI Audio on RX580

OPTIONAL:  Native Display Brightness - with MonitorControl

OPTIONAL:  Dual Boot macOS Mojave & Windows 10 

OPTIONAL:  Replace the default "About This Mac" Apple Logo with RED AORUS APPLE

OPTIONAL - ALTERNATIVE SSDT 1 –  SSDT Ports configuration below - replace SSDT inside Clover /ACPI/PATCHED folder 

OPTIONAL - ALTERNATIVE SSDT 2 -  SSDT Ports configuration below - replace SSDT inside Clover /ACPI/PATCHED folder 

OPTIONAL - ALTERNATIVE SSDT 3 – Create your own SSDT

FRAMEBUFFER PATCHING  – For working Intel UHD 630 Graphics, working HDMI Port, working HDMI Audio on Aorus Z390 Pro

RECOMMENDED READING  – Excellent Hackintosh Vanilla guide created by CorpNewt with in depth tutorial on Clover.  

https://hackintosh.gitbook.io/-r-hackintosh-vanilla-desktop-guide/config.plist-per-hardware/coffee-lake

FOR MORE HACKINTOSH INFORMATION SUCH AS USB PORTS FIX, CLOVER CONFIGURATOR, HACKINTOSH BACKUP WITH CARBON COPY CLONER .....   THEN SEE MY PREVIOUS GUIDE FOR ASUS Z370-G Strix

SSDT-UIAC.aml.zip
      SSDT-UIAC.dsl.zip

• By glasgood
      CLOVER DUAL BOOT MOJAVE & WINDOWS 10 GUIDE 

INCLUDES  MBR / LEGACY BIOS  TO  GPT / EFI CONVERSION
      USING MBR2GPT TOOL

PREREQUISITE: Two physical discs ( SSD’s or HDD’s )

STEP 1 - Clover dual boot configuration 

Open config.plist with Clover Configurator

Boot
       Legacy = PBR Timeout = True ( will remove the Timeout countdown, from Clover boot menu)  

GUI 
      Scan / Custom
       Entries = True  Tool = True  Legacy = False ( removes extra Windows 10 entries )  
      Hide Volume
      - Preboot ( macOS Preboot )
      - Recovery ( macOS Recovery )

So at boot you will have two options: boot macOS Mojave or Windows 10 

————————————————————

STEP 2 - Using a drive without Windows 10 installed

Disconnect system drive that contains your macOS Mojave install from computer ( This is so that Windows does not overwrite existing macOS Mojave boot loader )

Proceed with a Windows 10 UEFI install.  
      After installation reconnect macOS Mojave Drive, the Windows installation should now be detected and usable in Clover. 
      If Windows 10 is not detected or able to boot,  then verify you installed Windows 10 as UEFI and not MBR ---->  ( Read step 2 - For a drive with Windows 10 installed )

OR

STEP 2 - Using a drive with Windows 10 already installed

Verify your Windows install is  GPT / UEFI or MBR / Legacy BIOS.   
      If Windows install is GPT UEFI then Windows 10 install is ready to use at Clover boot menu, you should be able to boot into Windows directly from Clover boot screen. 

But if  Windows drive is detected at Clover boot screen, but when booting Windows you get a black screen with a cursor on the top left,
      then this is most likely because Windows drive is MBR ( Legacy BIOS ).  You can easily convert MBR to GPT using  Windows MBR2GPT tool ( this saves hours work having to reinstall Windows 10 and setting up all your applications again  ) 

If Windows 10 install is MBR / Legacy BIOS  then simply convert to GPT / UEFI  following instructions below ( read video summary and view video )

** To use Windows 10  MBR2GPT tool  you must have Windows 10 version 1703 ( creators update  ) or later and less than 3 partitions on 
      the Windows 10 drive **

Video summary:

Confirm Windows 10 drive is MBR Legacy BIOS ( in Windows Disk Management ) Reboot into Windows PE ( Advanced Startup ) Convert from MBR Legacy BIOS to GPT UEFI ( using commands below ) mbr2gpt /validate mbr2gpt /convert Restart Verify Windows 10 drive has changed to GPT UEFI ( in Windows Disk Management )  

After conversion Windows 10 is ready to use at the Clover boot menu 

STEP 3 - Stop Windows Boot manager from overriding Clover boot manager

How to stop Windows boot manager from overriding your Hackintosh Clover boot manager when using dual booting between macOS and Windows

• By AppleBytes
      OK, I've searching for days trying to gather up the tools to make my current install work correctly. I'm well on my way. But all the links to the things I currently must have were apparently nuked "during a forum upgrade". :(
      As far as EFI Studio goes; I can find many links to it. But for Insanelymac, they're broken (due to the upgrade), or for the Netkas site, they're links to either Rapidshare, or Mediafire that also no linger exist. I see many users here indicating that they used it to tweak their DSDT. But the web (google/duckduckgo), Instanelymac, and Netkas seem to have no idea where it's gone.
      Could some kind soul please share a copy, or a link? I'm a loooong time hacker, and would love to bring it back to life. In fact, I'd love to improve it -- or at least bring it up to current times. If only I knew where it was.
      Thank you for all your time, and consideration.

--Chris

• By SoThOr
      This was spurred on from a discussion in the Clover General thread. Where there was a debate on bcdedit being able create/read/edit (U)EFI Boot entries. I didn't think it appropriate to post all this information there and somebody may want to make use of this and its likely to get lost in that massive thread.

Out of curiosity I decided to see if I could create an EFI entry using bcdedit. What can I say I like a challenge.  Whilst is not a documented method by Microsoft, as it turns out in a round about way it IS possible to create an EFI entry using bcdedit and these are the steps I went through to add UEFI Shell located on a USB stick to the EFI entries. 

Third party software is available that can create and edit UEFI entries from Windows with better support and more features. I'm just making this information available in case those options are unavailable. 

DISCLAIMER - This is not a supported method. Use at your own risk. I recommend backing up your BCD/Firmware variables/settings beforehand.

1) Copy {bootmgr} entry.
      C:\Windows\System32>bcdedit /copy {bootmgr} /d "UEFI Shell" The entry was successfully copied to {34e8383c-73a7-11e9-9cb0-94de8078a7b5}. 2) Edit the new entry using the new GUID bcdedit generated in the copy step.
        a) Set the device and path for UEFI shell on my USB stick.
      bcdedit /set {34e8383d-73a7-11e9-9cb0-94de8078a7b5} device partition=G: bcdedit /set {34e8383d-73a7-11e9-9cb0-94de8078a7b5} path \EFI\SHELL\SHELLX64.efi   b) Clean up some of the stuff that was copied from {bootmgr} (optional as far as I can tell, just makes things tidier in bcdedit)
      3) Put the new EFI entry first in boot order. (optional)

After completing the steps above, here is what "bcdedit /enum firmware" shows:

I shutdown my computer and when I turned my computer back on it booted up into UEFI Shell. After exiting the shell my PC went on to boot Windows.
      Here is the resulting dump using "bcfg boot dump -v" from that shell:

You may notice that the shell shows as "Windows Boot Manager" in the bcdedit output. This I believe is because of the "WINDOWS" at the beginning of the option data that bcdedit added to the EFI Boot entry. I also believe this why bcdedit shows my Windows 8 installation as "Firmware Application" because it has no option data. I don't know how to remove this data using bcdedit nor do I know how the option data, that bcdedit adds, will affect other EFI applications.

There might be a way to create the EFI entry without copying the Windows entry but if there is I'm unable to find any documentation on how one would do so. If you use the create command then it just puts it in the BCD and I'm unaware of a way to tell it to create it in EFI instead, other than by doing the above.