glasgood

[SUCCESS][GUIDE] Glasgood's High Sierra CoffeeLake: ASUS STRIX Z370-G - i7-8700 - GTX1080ti - UHD

320 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, alexookah said:

Great tutorial,

I have a question why do you use AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext & RealtekRTL8111.kext?

Since you are using a OOTB wifi/bluetooth card.

Hi,

These are old kexts from a previous Hackintosh build,  you can delete them.

Advertisement

thanks for your reply.

One more thing.

The only issue I have encountered is when I enter sleep I loose sound.

I used the CodecCommander.kext to fix this

And indeed the sound recovers after sleep.

But when I enter sleep and click immediately something to wake the sound is lost and does not recover.

I noticed that there is some time that takes to get to full sleep-hibernate (fans stopped e.t.c).

What can I do ? do you have the same issue?

Having difficulty, I can create the installer just fine but when I boot it up and get to the Clover boot loader, there's no icon for doing the install, there's no icons at all.  If I put a windows drive in, the windows drive pops up as an icon, but otherwise nothing.

I have 4 sticks of ram, all slots filled, and can get to the Clover screen, there's just no Install icon.  I tried a different guide (using the same High Sierra media) and I get an icon just fine there and even did an install, but I have a few kext issues and was looking to do a turn-key install.

Any ideas why the Install icon doesn't appear on the Clover screen?  I'm on bios 0615, used all settings you indicated.

Edited by Flash2k6

On 5/7/2018 at 9:42 PM, Flash2k6 said:

Having difficulty, I can create the installer just fine but when I boot it up and get to the Clover boot loader, there's no icon for doing the install, there's no icons at all.  If I put a windows drive in, the windows drive pops up as an icon, but otherwise nothing.

I have 4 sticks of ram, all slots filled, and can get to the Clover screen, there's just no Install icon.  I tried a different guide (using the same High Sierra media) and I get an icon just fine there and even did an install, but I have a few kext issues and was looking to do a turn-key install.

Any ideas why the Install icon doesn't appear on the Clover screen?  I'm on bios 0615, used all settings you indicated.

Hi,

I have not updated this guide for sometime, no longer own my Hackintosh. However I recently created an installer for someone and experienced  the same problem.

What I did to resolve this was to follow MaLd0ns installation steps:

1-Installation :)

--Create a bootable copy of macOS Sierra
Check out the link
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/559-flash-drive-maker/

--Create a bootable copy of macOS HighSierra
Check out the link
http://diskmakerx.com/

--Install Clover in USB stick
https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/

then replace folder with folder in this guide.

On 4/27/2018 at 10:07 AM, glasgood said:

Apple BCM943602CS Wifi + Bluetooth worked out of the box without any problem on the hackintosh system that I built. 

You mention  " I can assure you that i have my USBs fixed properly "   I am assuming that you are using SSDT-UIAC for USB ports fix and internal wifi card usb cable connected to an enabled internal USB Header  (USB Header HS11 is disabled with the SSDT-UIAC that I created)

Check SMBIOS is for iMac18,3  also was wifi card installed after macOS install, if so,  try a fresh macOS install.  Also try reseating wifi card usb cable and antennas.

If not working then test Bluetooth in Windows,  drivers available from bootcamp. 

Best!

I know I said I had solved the issues but not really, I have a couple of problems. 

1. when the bluetooth is on, the wifi doesn't work reliability and vice verse. 

2. I was not getting to work is to wake up the system by keypress on my bluetooth keyboard or waking up using the Magic Mouse. I think, that the Bluetooth module is shutdown totally while the system is sleeping.
Is there something I can do to get wake on bluetooth running? I am using usbinjectall.kext with a customized SSDT to disable unused USB ports. USB itself is running fine, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0.

Thanks for help

6 hours ago, box_of_blankets said:

Hello, 

does anyone have copy of the EFI folder? link seems broken.

see 1.   Download the PRE INSTALL  EFI Folder here >> EFI.zip

Just checked this out, it seems that the link is working.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=280834

Hello Glasgood,

Thank you for this amazing tutorial, I want to build my first hackintosh and I was wondering if the file you provided (kext and config) are working only for this specific build ? (I am a total beginner)

I have a different RAM : HyperX Fury (2x, 8Go, DDR4-2400, DIMM 288)

GPU : ASUS PH GTX 1060 3G 

And the power supply : Corsair VS650 (650W)

Will I have to change the files ?

And I was wondering if the ASUS STRIX Z370-G integrated wif & bluetooth will work ? I can't find the wifi card and amazon isn't shipping to Switzerland. :(

Thank you in advance,

Kyushiro

Edited by Kyushiro

Thanks Glasgood.... This is the easiest hackintosh I ever built.

Using the same method and BIOS setting, the clover can't see my SSD . (with same motherboard and 8700K)
What I did was 
1.Installing HighSierra to the SSD by using my macbookpro using usb harddrive connector.
2. Plug the SSD into hackintosh
3. Boot with USB-clover, choose SSD
4. Install Clover Boot loader to SSD
5. Copy&Paste the "Post Install kexts" into SSD's EFI partition, renamed as "EFI"

After that, I can reboot and remove USB-clover, and choose to boot from the clover of my SSD.
Everything works perfect, this hackintosh is the easiest one I ever built.
Working:
1. Sleep/Wakeup
2. Sound
3. Nvidia graphic ( 960Ti )
4. Network (LAN)

Not working:
1. Wifi

Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 9.08.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 9.08.21 AM.png

Hi,

Hi have the same motherboard as you, an 1080ti from Asus, a 960 nvme, crucial RAM and a Define Meshify C case.. I used your guide and your files and the installation process was really easy thanks to you. I really appreciate it.

I have a couple of problems though:
- No audio after sleep (I can live with that.

- Front panel jack audio is really bad. Distortions and cuts.

- When I try to boot Mac OS with two monitors connected (main monitor through DP and secondary monitor through HDMI or DVI) it shuts down half way through the apple logo. I tried to enable CSM on bios and the PC wouldn't post. Had to reset the CMOS to make it work again.

Do you have any idea on how could I solve these issues?

THANK YOU!

Hi Master Glassgood thankyou so much for your guide and many work did.

i have the same mobo, i have a issue when shutdown

the usb ports do not cut the electricity and the LEDs of the disks or the usb hubs are switched on, I read about activating in the bios a parameter called ERP but nothing happens. 

have you done something to solve it?
A power interruptor is the human solution for now :-)

Thanks for the fantastic guide!
I have almost the exact same rig (same board, 8700k, BMC943331CD wf+bt4 combo). Everything seems to work flawlessly on 10.13.5 EXCEPT for imessage.
I've tried every conceivable way to fix on the internet but has no results. Even go as far as buying a new sim and create a completely new appleid - still doesn't work.

What got me completely broken-down is a 4-year old appleid from my gf works perfectly on the first attemp!!! WTF!!? So clearly it has something to do with my appleid. Still don't know why tho.

Edited by swagen

@glasgood Thank you for the detailed walkthrough.  I'm ready with the install drive and your EFI, but fails on the line of plusses.  I figure it's my ram sticks like you said but circumstantially my CPU cooler blocks my first two ram slots.  I have sticks in a2 and b2 (slots 1 & 3) but cannot move my a2 stick to a1 without taking apart the cooler/mobo.  I've tried just removing the b2 stick, but no dice.  Any way to get around the installer's ram requirement?

I know you're done with this build but if you could spare a moment, I'd appreciate it.

14 minutes ago, tallnoodleman said:

@glasgood Thank you for the detailed walkthrough.  I'm ready with the install drive and your EFI, but fails on the line of plusses.  I figure it's my ram sticks like you said but circumstantially my CPU cooler blocks my first two ram slots.  I have sticks in a2 and b2 (slots 1 & 3) but cannot move my a2 stick to a1 without taking apart the cooler/mobo.  I've tried just removing the b2 stick, but no dice.  Any way to get around the installer's ram requirement?

I know you're done with this build but if you could spare a moment, I'd appreciate it.

Hi,

You could try setting the Memory in Clover, see example screenshot attached below. Not sure if it will work, as I have not tested it before install. If it works for you then let others know.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7post-1077361-0-07488500-1513624102.thumb.png.64c82f5342fa240a7e58c3032af8e13a.png

Edited by glasgood

1 minute ago, glasgood said:

... see example screenshot attached below..

Appreciate your prompt response!  Actually saw that when searching the thread and tried it without success BUT my virtual machine obscured the last field to define ram type so I'll surely give it another go here in a bit.  Will update, thanks again.

39 minutes ago, glasgood said:

You could try setting the Memory in Clover

@glasgood GREAT SUCCESS!  Defined memory again, remembered to set DDR4 and installer boots no problem now.  Now, gotta figure out having it see my SATA drives in RAID mode but I'm sure I'll figure it out.  You know what they say.. When there's a will there's a kext... or something like that.  Thanks again.

Cheers :thumbsup_anim:

Hello dear, you been the best. Can you please help me as i have put everything like in the discerption but i end up with no Mac sierra on the screen? what i am doing wrong here. here is the screen shot, please let me know if you need more info. thanks

My Rig: i7 8th gen // Asus rog strix z370-e

GPU: Asus GTX1060 DUAL 6GB

1TB WD HDD

5aa674a3-6120-47c1-ab51-c4af4641b701.jpg

109ff497-41c0-467b-b0d2-c511cfb78cae.jpg

4bf46a7c-fb45-47da-a0e9-db0404218ac6.jpg

31ca8f0e-6a56-4a40-9945-a4ee4de95308.jpg

16350a65-94ba-4d8d-883b-5559b1d54f8d.jpg

11101825-b56f-48a6-b07b-bf638794ff78.jpg

a05e0ba6-ef5d-46d4-a27a-a0b0e4e73c97.jpg

Edited by Macasus

53 minutes ago, Macasus said:

Hello dear, you been the best. Can you please help me as i have put everything like in the discerption but i end up with no Mac sierra on the screen? what i am doing wrong here. here is the screen shot, please let me know if you need more info. thanks

My Rig: i7 8th gen // Asus rog strix z370-e

GPU: Asus GTX1060 DUAL 6GB

1TB WD HDD

5aa674a3-6120-47c1-ab51-c4af4641b701.jpg

109ff497-41c0-467b-b0d2-c511cfb78cae.jpg

4bf46a7c-fb45-47da-a0e9-db0404218ac6.jpg

31ca8f0e-6a56-4a40-9945-a4ee4de95308.jpg

16350a65-94ba-4d8d-883b-5559b1d54f8d.jpg

11101825-b56f-48a6-b07b-bf638794ff78.jpg

a05e0ba6-ef5d-46d4-a27a-a0b0e4e73c97.jpg

Read this post >> here <<

Im having some trouble, after I created the USB installer I put the EFI folder in the hidden EFI partition and I still run into an issue. My verbose mode reads ACPI Error: 9 table load failures, 4 successful (2060930/tbxfload-342). I currently have my GTX 1060 taken off my rig and am running intel gfx but Im not sure, it doesn't seem to work either way... been working on this for too many hours haha. Any help would be amazing! 

Specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Jacob_Voss/saved/3VLVYJ (Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) Micro ATX, 8700k, GTX 1060)

20180722_101858.jpg

UPDATE: Okay so I took out a PCI USB hub I had and it installed flawlessly, working now just getting more stuff working! Great guide :) 

Edited by JacobV

Hello Glasgood!

Thank you for your guide, it is really outstanding. 

My build is

Asus ROG Z370-G WiFi

Asus GTX1070 

Corsair 2x8gb 3000

Samsung m.2 EVO 960 250Gb

Don't have the WiFi and Bluetooth module yet. 

Everything works fine except one issue, it is wake/sleep. If I tell my computer to go sleep it will sleep and than wake up when I ask it. However, once I lest my computer just on and it went sleep by itself, when I trued to wake it up it just rebooted. Is there a way how to fix that?

Another question is regarding USB fix. 

I didn't quite understand what to do.... 

Do I need to add SSDT-UIAC.aml to EFI folder? Because when I searched for it there I couldn't find it. If I need to add it where can I get it? I think there is no link for it... 

I removed boot custom flag and USB port limit patch as you said to do. 

Regarding DSDT.... I have latest BIOS which is 1002 if I'm not mistaken. 

May I use you Guide to apply patches or not?

528096700_ScreenShot2018-08-04at8_23_57AM.png.edd1cf2a6220be989b1ade82cd8575bc.png

One more, I got different power management out put, not sure whether it is right or not: 911407082_ScreenShot2018-08-04at9_02_36AM.png.f55e0884c9600b85fbf71a750bc591a3.png

1435631131_ScreenShot2018-08-04at12_58_35PM.png.1bb885dfbea1a838ab74496de4fc0854.png

Is it normal that my CPU is almost always on max frequency?

I hope you could help me.

Once again, thanks for your great work!

Edited by Mech314
Add some info

On 8/4/2018 at 2:28 AM, Mech314 said:

Everything works fine except one issue, it is wake/sleep. If I tell my computer to go sleep it will sleep and than wake up when I ask it. However, once I lest my computer just on and it went sleep by itself, when I trued to wake it up it just rebooted. Is there a way how to fix that?

Another question is regarding USB fix. 

I didn't quite understand what to do.... 

Place SSDT-UIAC.aml inside EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder. Read guide so that you know what ports have been disabled. Not sure about about you reboot issue, maybe can be solved with DSDT, Mald0n here on InsanleyMac may be able to help you.

SSDT-UIAC.aml  and source code attached for your perusal or if you want to change ports.

Best.

SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl

SSDT-UIAC.aml

Hi guys! I have next spec:

ASUS ROG STRIX H370-I GAMING
Radeon RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+
Intel Core i7 - 8700
SSD Samsung 860 EVO Series

And when I tried to instal macOS High Sierra I faced with system install stuck on ''2 minutes remaining".

Did anyone have that problem?

My EFI folder in attachmen.

EFI.zip

On 12/18/2017 at 10:40 AM, glasgood said:

Supported OS X WiFi cards is a mine field, to be honest I played it safe by using a proper Apple WiFi module in an adapter.  There are Wifi cards that plug into USB ports, but you would not get iMessages, AirDrop etc.. working.  Sorry I can't be of anymore help on this. 

Hey! 

I got a very stable build with an Asus z370-i, 8700k, 1080ti Turbo. Everything's working properly, except i don't have wi-fi nor BT.
I know the Broadcom BCM94352Z works great with hackintosh, and, since it's an M.2 card, I was thinking about taking the z370-i wifi card out and replacing it with the BCM94352Z. Do you know if this would work? I'm thinking they're the exact same size.

I'd buy the same card + adapter you did, but my only PCI-e lane's taken by the GPU.

This is the card i'm thinking of https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Broadcom-BCM94352Z-M-2-NGFF-802-11AC-867Mbps-BT-4-0-Dual-Band-WiFi-WLAN-Card/323094294374?hash=item4b39ebaf66:g:CVMAAOSwEDtbe-hN

Edited by trundrumbalind

15 hours ago, trundrumbalind said:

Hey! 

I got a very stable build with an Asus z370-i, 8700k, 1080ti Turbo. Everything's working properly, except i don't have wi-fi nor BT.
I know the Broadcom BCM94352Z works great with hackintosh, and, since it's an M.2 card, I was thinking about taking the z370-i wifi card out and replacing it with the BCM94352Z. Do you know if this would work? I'm thinking they're the exact same size.

I'd buy the same card + adapter you did, but my only PCI-e lane's taken by the GPU.

This is the card i'm thinking of https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Broadcom-BCM94352Z-M-2-NGFF-802-11AC-867Mbps-BT-4-0-Dual-Band-WiFi-WLAN-Card/323094294374?hash=item4b39ebaf66:g:CVMAAOSwEDtbe-hN

Hi, 

Not used the M.2 Broadcom BCM94352Z card before on any Hackintosh or Hackbook's before. "Seems that is compatible" so maybe a cheaper option than using a Wifi card from a Macbook Air with M.2 card. Though I would personally use a proper mac wifi card with an M.2 or PCIe adapter to be certain that handoff, airdrop and iMessages work properly. 

IMG_0742.JPG  IMG_0743.JPG