glasgood

[SUCCESS][GUIDE] Glasgood's High Sierra CoffeeLake: ASUS STRIX Z370-G - i7-8700 - GTX1080ti - UHD

320 posts in this topic

I’d like to post confirmation that after a BIOS upgrade (which you suggested earlier) my Z370-E successfully booted the installer and I got a functioning OS! It took me a while because I decided to install windows to test the hardware and sort of settled into it for a while. But it works!

Unfortunately, I didn’t expect that onboard WiFi would be completely nonfunctional and I don’t have a good way to get a wired connection in that room. So I know it works (mostly), but I’m waiting on a MacBook Air m.2 WiFi/BT card to actually get the thing going the rest of the way. Your listed card is only available in the UK, looks like, which is a shame. The MBA card is going to take a month to show up.

Once I do that I’ll be looking to figure out how to make a DSDT and everything, but until then I partitioned the disk so I can dual boot and dropped my Windows image back on the other half.

Thanks for the guide and the help!

Advertisement
Thanks for fully guide.

My pc is :

MB : asus H170 pro

CPU : Core i5 7500

GPU :asus 960 gtx 2Gb

and i installed hackintash zone h.s with this way

clean install Hackintosh High Sierra 10.13.0 : Customize ( select all of Kext and Graphics Options )

Install clover 

install Lilu.kext

install nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext

Reboot

update to 10.13.2 from app store 

Reboot and Complete install

Install web driver

replace POST INSTALL EFI NVIDIA on efi partition

reboot.

for first time my graphic card worked very well and when for The second time do not boot and pc stop for long time with this screen shot

I am so sorry for bad english.

post-119339-0-99940800-1515559506_thumb.jpg

Thanks for fully guide.

My pc is :

clean install Hackintosh High Sierra 10.13.0 : Customize ( select all of Kext and Graphics Options )
Install clover 
install Lilu.kext
Reboot
Install web driver
reboot.
for first time my graphic card worked very well and when for The second time do not boot and pc stop for long time with this screen shot

check here about ur chipset series

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321872-guide-sierra-on-gigabyte-mobos-serie-200-kabylake-dsdt/

I have a few questions:

The AMD card with the usb bootable was recognized, in "about this mac" was written "Readeon Pro 560 4GB". If I start macOS with the ssd the apple loaded but then I can not see anything ... so, with the check on RadeonDeInit the video card returns to work but then on about this mac is written AMD R9 *** 4 GB .... yet it seemed that he had recognized her natively ... why?

As an Nvidia user this is something that I have not researched. So can't say anything in regards to it. 

Why the integrated video card does not work with HDMI?

Integrated video with HDMI should work if you change BIOS settings to Integrated video. As I'm not using Radeon card, you will have to make some changes in config.plist for both Integrated and dedicated.

for HDMI sound read guide part Enable Nvidia HDMI Audio. Understand how VoodooHDA is patched with Vendor & Device ID for Nvidia GTX1080ti  and then apply same principle for either Radeon or Intel. 

From the Piker-Alpha test AppleIntelInfo.kext how do I understand that power management is correct?

See guide, you can also test with >> Intel Power Gadget   and Cinebench . 

You told me to delete the patch for usb, did you mean "SSDT-UIAC.aml"?.

.anyway among the USB some do not work, on my motherboard Asus Z370-E works the USB 3.1 Gen2 Red and the two USB 3.1 Gen1 Blue, the two 2.0 ports don't work, while on the zalman case only the two USB 3.1 ports work and two USB 2.0 ports don't work, how to fix that ports? and, there is a way to test the actual speed of the USB ports?
I almost forgot..for the serial number, can I copy what I use in my hackintosh ultrabook? (it would be very convenient since some audio plug-in registrations are connected to it)

Don't use SSDT-UIAC of DSDT, they are strictly for Asus Z370-G only, if you are using SSDT-UIAC then that is possibly why your USB 2.0 port is not working. I disabled USB 2.0 port in SSDT-UIAC for the port limit fix, see guide to create your own SSDT-UIAC or use other method listed for USB port fix. I have listed enough details regarding USB port fix, read all the information and info in the links by RehabMan. Those following my exact build specifications and using WIFI/BLUTOOTH card in same PCIE_X1_2 slot can use my SSDT-UIAC and have sorted USB ports fix.  All info is there, creating the USB fix requires port discovery and is time consuming, I simply don't have time to provide support for that. 

To test speed of USB ports try >> Blackmagic Disk Speed Test 

I almost forgot..for the serial number, can I copy what I use in my hackintosh ultrabook? (it would be very convenient since some audio plug-in registrations are connected to it)

The serial number will be associated with SMBIOS, so SMBIOS for your ultrabook will be different from  SMBIOS for iMac 18,3. So don't think it will work .

Thanks for fully guide.

My pc is :

Install clover 
install Lilu.kext
Reboot
Install web driver
reboot.

POST INSTALL EFI folder can be used for Asus Z370-* Strix but is specifically for Z370-G

Ok,

using this file and following the guide, using the EFI folder pre install of the first post, I now have a new USB with High Sierra and Ta-DA! The install partition is visible in Clover. BUT:

The install process arrives at the black screen with the white apple and the loading bar and the wheel.

Afterethe first attempt I updated the BIOS to version 0606 then configured the bios again as per instructions in the first post. The install process gets to the apple screen and stops there.

So I loaded Sierra which I was able to install on my SSD and executed High Sierra installer from there: it loads, it reboots the machine, and it stops in the same exact point: apple screen. The same happened a few days ago when I launched the upgrade from App Store.

I don't want to give up, but I have no clue of what else I could do.

Ok,

using this file and following the guide, using the EFI folder pre install of the first post, I now have a new USB with High Sierra and Ta-DA! The install partition is visible in Clover. BUT:

The install process arrives at the black screen with the white apple and the loading bar and the wheel.

Afterethe first attempt I updated the BIOS to version 0606 then configured the bios again as per instructions in the first post. The install process gets to the apple screen and stops there.

So I loaded Sierra which I was able to install on my SSD and executed High Sierra installer from there: it loads, it reboots the machine, and it stops in the same exact point: apple screen. The same happened a few days ago when I launched the upgrade from App Store.

I don't want to give up, but I have no clue of what else I could do.

Hello,

See BASIC TROUBLESHOOTING TIP on guide, Clover -v option and post results  :) can you also list hardware / specifications of your Hackintosh ?

Hello,

See BASIC TROUBLESHOOTING TIP on guide, Clover -v option and post results  :) can you also list hardware / spersifications of your Hackintosh ?

I'll try the -v option, and check the troubleshootign tip section of you guide, thank you.

My hardware:

• Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC) ( Micro ATX )
  • i7 8700 3.2GHz
  • Noctua NH-L9 x 65 Low Profile Heatsink
  • Ballistix Sport LT 64Gb (4x16GB) DDR4 2666 (PC4-21300)
  • Crucial BX300 120GB SATA III SSD
  • Samsung Pro 960 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
  • ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI with Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express
  • Termaltake 730W Power Supply

As I said in previous posts, I was able to install Sierra on Sata SSD, but not High Sierra.

I went through verbose boot, I attach some screenshots. (I don't understand much from these)

04.jpeg shows the last message.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My usb drive (GPT):

• Apple_ HFS partition : High Sierra 13.2.07 installer;
  • EFI partition : EFI folder as dowloaded from the first post, pre install, no changes. Clover is version 4.297

My BIOS:

• Version 0606, configured as said in the first post;

My hardware:

• Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC) ( Micro ATX )
  • i7 8700 3.2GHz
  • Noctua NH-L9 x 65 Low Profile Heatsink
  • Ballistix Sport LT 64Gb (4x16GB) DDR4 2666 (PC4-21300)
  • Crucial BX300 120GB SATA III SSD
  • Samsung Pro 960 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
  • ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI with Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express
  • Termaltake 730W Power Supply

post-2362024-0-32740900-1515592443_thumb.jpeg

post-2362024-0-74106600-1515592447_thumb.jpeg

post-2362024-0-81540200-1515592452_thumb.jpeg

post-2362024-0-35743900-1515592455_thumb.jpeg

Great! Thanks so much! :) So, the two boards have different USB setups? Interesting that two similar boards need different patches, but I learn something new every day. Thanks for enlightening me :)

Hey mate, did you manage to find the correct layout for audio?

EDIT: Got it to work on x299 :)

In Clover Kernel and Kexts to Patch, add the following entry in the KextsToPatch tab:
Name:
AppleHDAController
Find:
3d70a1
Replace:
3df0a2
Comment:
200_Series-X299_ Audio_Controller

Hello,

See BASIC TROUBLESHOOTING TIP on guide, Clover -v option and post results  :) can you also list hardware / specifications of your Hackintosh ?

Hi @Glasgood,

I read the BASIC TROUBLESHOOTING TIP, I'm posting the results of the verbose boot.

I don't understand where the problem is or what I can do to solve, do you? :(

I still hope it's all a mistake of mine, so that correcting it can make my computer work. :)

post-2362024-0-33755400-1515685793_thumb.jpeg

post-2362024-0-11422100-1515685799_thumb.jpeg

post-2362024-0-45042400-1515685804_thumb.jpeg

post-2362024-0-31546500-1515685807_thumb.jpeg

Integrated video with HDMI should work if you change BIOS settings to Integrated video. As I'm not using Radeon card, you will have to make some changes in config.plist for both Integrated and dedicated.

for HDMI sound read guide part Enable Nvidia HDMI Audio. Understand how VoodooHDA is patched with Vendor & Device ID for Nvidia GTX1080ti  and then apply same principle for either Radeon or Intel. 

Oook

See guide, you can also test with >> Intel Power Gadget   and Cinebench . 

post-1899947-0-49943400-1515693553_thumb.png post-1899947-0-73182000-1515693609_thumb.png

-I had tried them, but where do I understand that the PM works correctly?

with a run CPU the FRQ is stop to 4.30 and with a open GL 4.38 more or less (I use a coolermaster seidon liquid heatsink)

-...In clover/kext I created "extra folder" and I put the files inside RehabMan-FakeSMC-2017-1017, but HWMonito show me just HD Western, how come?

Don't use SSDT-UIAC of DSDT, they are strictly for Asus Z370-G only, if you are using SSDT-UIAC then that is possibly why your USB 2.0 port is not working. I disabled USB 2.0 port in SSDT-UIAC for the port limit fix, see guide to create your own SSDT-UIAC or use other method listed for USB port fix. I have listed enough details regarding USB port fix, read all the information and info in the links by RehabMan. Those following my exact build specifications and using WIFI/BLUTOOTH card in same PCIE_X1_2 slot can use my SSDT-UIAC and have sorted USB ports fix.  All info is there, creating the USB fix requires port discovery and is time consuming, I simply don't have time to provide support for that. 

-Perfect, I just had to delete the patch: SSDT-UIAC, now also work USB 2.0 and USB all work, well I don't use a PCIe WLAN, but in any case to be clear and to understand which ports I use I tried to plug and unplug a usb mouse from case and motherboard usb port and ioregistryexplore put a bar on the ports I use.. so the ports HS01, HS02, HS11, HS12, USR1, PRT1, PRT2, PRT3 I'll have to deactivate them, right? (or there is other?)

post-1899947-0-19155400-1515698307_thumb.pngpost-1899947-0-14596700-1515698325_thumb.pngpost-1899947-0-09154300-1515698345_thumb.pngpost-1899947-0-80334200-1515698354_thumb.png

-My macOS in About This Mac recognized the ram, it says: 16GB 3200MHZ DDR4, do I still have to set the ram in the cloover? Anyway, I noticed that even after the installation the ram must stay on the slots A1 A2 otherwise macOS does not start, but in the manual asus recommend B2 and A2 ...

-I have one last question and I think I've finished for now :) , when start my pc I don't view the Recovery Mode, but in clover configurator / Gui there is BOOTX64.EFI , Preboot , RecoverY. How to fix it? 

Thank You

Hi @glasgood,

finally I made it, now I'm writing from my new mackintosh with high Sierra.

I was helped to find the solution in the Italian section of the forum.

Now everything works, except for some screen glitches and the Magic Mouse that has some sort of lag.

I want to thank you for the precious guide and help.

Hi, I'm having difficulties with the EFI profited by Glasgood. I boot up just fine from the USB but when I instal the EFI provided and try and boot from the hard drive I get this the prohibit mac symbol. Circle with slash. I tried looking at the verbose mode but I'm not seeing what's happening.

My system..

i7-8700

Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming

EVGA GTX 970 SSC

Corsair LPX.. on stick of 16GB

I don't have anything else installed. The wifi bluetooth is just whatever is currently shipped on this board.

I was wondering if I should delete the SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl and see what happens.. I'll give that shot.

Thanks. I have the system booting fine with pastrychefs EFI and it's working quite well. I like the idea of having a legitimate DSDT which is why I choose to follow this method.

EDIT: Okay deleting SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl got me booted up. Onward then. Need to figure out my SSDT.

Oook

attachicon.gifcpu run.png attachicon.gifopen gl run.png

-I had tried them, but where do I understand that the PM works correctly?

with a run CPU the FRQ is stop to 4.30 and with a open GL 4.38 more or less (I use a coolermaster seidon liquid heatsink)

-...In clover/kext I created "extra folder" and I put the files inside RehabMan-FakeSMC-2017-1017, but HWMonito show me just HD Western, how come?

-Perfect, I just had to delete the patch: SSDT-UIAC, now also work USB 2.0 and USB all work, well I don't use a PCIe WLAN, but in any case to be clear and to understand which ports I use I tried to plug and unplug a usb mouse from case and motherboard usb port and ioregistryexplore put a bar on the ports I use.. so the ports HS01, HS02, HS11, HS12, USR1, PRT1, PRT2, PRT3 I'll have to deactivate them, right? (or there is other?)

attachicon.gifUSBpart1.pngattachicon.gifUSBpart2.pngattachicon.gifUSBpart3.pngattachicon.gifUSBpart4.png

-My macOS in About This Mac recognized the ram, it says: 16GB 3200MHZ DDR4, do I still have to set the ram in the cloover? Anyway, I noticed that even after the installation the ram must stay on the slots A1 A2 otherwise macOS does not start, but in the manual asus recommend B2 and A2 ...

-I have one last question and I think I've finished for now :) , when start my pc I don't view the Recovery Mode, but in clover configurator / Gui there is BOOTX64.EFI , Preboot , RecoverY. How to fix it? 

Thank You

You PM looks good from image, from what I can see, looks like the power is increasing during rendering then decreasing when rendering is done.

Yes, exclude / deactivate USB ports found with port discovery that you don't need.

If RAM is registered in macOS then no need to list in Clover Configurator. 

To view recovery mode, remove Recovery string from Clover Configurator GUI / Hide Volumes.

Hi @glasgood,

finally I made it, now I'm writing from my new mackintosh with high Sierra.

I was helped to find the solution in the Italian section of the forum.

Now everything works, except for some screen glitches and the Magic Mouse that has some sort of lag.

I want to thank you for the precious guide and help.

Glad you got a working hackintosh  :)

Thanks. I have the system booting fine with pastrychefs EFI and it's working quite well. 

Good for you then, pat yourself on the back and if it goes pear shape then seek help from pastrychef @ TM  :)

You PM looks good from image, from what I can see, looks like the power is increasing during rendering then decreasing when rendering is done.

Yes, exclude / deactivate USB ports found with port discovery that you don't need.

If RAM is registered in macOS then no need to list in Clover Configurator. 

To view recovery mode, remove Recovery string from Clover Configurator GUI / Hide Volumes.

Ok, great, anyway as I told you now how are the ram are disposed they use only the single channel, it's possible to solve this problem? Asus recommends B2 A2 for the dualchannel

Ps.I solved with HWMonitor, this is the PM when starting the macOS:post-1899947-0-60719800-1515931001_thumb.png

Hello,

I have been following this build since it was first posted on tonymac. I have successfully built my first ever hackintosh following it, without any troubles at all, thanks to your instructions. However, I formatted my SSD today, thinking I made a mistake while I using the hackintosh when my speakers started emitting static noise. I figured out today that it was a ground loop which I fixed by connecting the speakers to a different outlet in the house. I thought that I could just restore from my backup and everything would be OK, but I noticed that Carbon Copy does not clone the EFI partition. This resulted in a pretty chaotic experience for me. I have been trying to get the Hackintosh to work as well as before, but to no avail. I have spent 8 hours today tinkering with it, and I still do not have the same result. To my surprise, when I went back to this post today, I have noticed that you changed the EFI folder almost completely (at least in terms of kexts) and it simply does not work as good as it did for me before.

I need help, and I hope that my requests won't be too demanding or unacceptable in any way.

I humbly request that you re-upload the EFI folder from the BIOS ver430-era, if it is possible. I don't know which one it was exactly, but it was from this forum, not the other one, and I downloaded it around 2-3 weeks ago.

If that isn't an option for whatever circumstance, I wanted to at least ask for help with fixing my power management issues. The AppleIntelInfo.kext provided has different output than you have. I used to have the exact same result if I remember correctly with the first hackintosh build I attempted with the older EFI folder. It stops after a few rows at the last part of the output, I will post an image here. I followed every step from the instructions as is.

I also have problems with the DSDT, and I have no idea why it does not work. I suspect the EFI folder has something to do with it because I actually managed to back up the correct DSDT for BIOS ver430, which worked in the last installation. When I use that same DSDT now, the hackintosh refuses to boot up. I tried downloading the one that is in the post currently, that one does not work either, but it is an error of a different caliber.

Regarding the DSDT, your post says that it is meant for BIOS ver606, but in the lower sections it still says ver430, so I don't know what to do with it. I will post the feedback i receive with a -v argument boot if you have the need to see it with both DSDT's. If I need to first try updating my BIOS to the ver606, then I shall do so.

I remember that in the kexts folder, there was a 10.13 folder with another kext in it, which I think made my audio outputs change their names to something like 5+1 orange, green front, and so on. I am not sure however, it might have been the DSDT because I am not experienced with this in general. In the event that you cannot supply the older EFI folder, and that it isn't the DSDT, could you at least supply that file alone? It would mean much to me, as I always have to guess which audio output I have to use.

That is all the trouble I have for now, I thank you in advance for your help, and I thank you for doing all of this. If it were not for this guide, I would have probably never been able to build a hackintosh as a complete newbie in this kind of community. Please let me know if I left something out.

My hardware is the same as yours, except for the following:
 - NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB
 - TP-LINK ARCHER T9E (Wi-Fi)
 - Case
 - Samsug 850 EVO
[EDIT]
 - i7-8700K

post-2356097-0-05099900-1516312800_thumb.png

Edited by Doktor Rada

Hello,

I have been following this build since it was first posted on tonymac. I have successfully built my first ever hackintosh following it, without any troubles at all, thanks to your instructions. However, I formatted my SSD today, thinking I made a mistake while I using the hackintosh when my speakers started emitting static noise. I figured out today that it was a ground loop which I fixed by connecting the speakers to a different outlet in the house. I thought that I could just restore from my backup and everything would be OK, but I noticed that Carbon Copy does not clone the EFI partition. This resulted in a pretty chaotic experience for me. I have been trying to get the Hackintosh to work as well as before, but to no avail. I have spent 8 hours today tinkering with it, and I still do not have the same result. To my surprise, when I went back to this post today, I have noticed that you changed the EFI folder almost completely (at least in terms of kexts) and it simply does not work as good as it did for me before.

I need help, and I hope that my requests won't be too demanding or unacceptable in any way.

I humbly request that you re-upload the EFI folder from the BIOS ver430-era, if it is possible. I don't know which one it was exactly, but it was from this forum, not the other one, and I downloaded it around 2-3 weeks ago.

If that isn't an option for whatever circumstance, I wanted to at least ask for help with fixing my power management issues. The AppleIntelInfo.kext provided has different output than you have. I used to have the exact same result if I remember correctly with the first hackintosh build I attempted with the older EFI folder. It stops after a few rows at the last part of the output, I will post an image here. I followed every step from the instructions as is.

I also have problems with the DSDT, and I have no idea why it does not work. I suspect the EFI folder has something to do with it because I actually managed to back up the correct DSDT for BIOS ver430, which worked in the last installation. When I use that same DSDT now, the hackintosh refuses to boot up. I tried downloading the one that is in the post currently, that one does not work either, but it is an error of a different caliber.

Regarding the DSDT, your post says that it is meant for BIOS ver606, but in the lower sections it still says ver430, so I don't know what to do with it. I will post the feedback i receive with a -v argument boot if you have the need to see it with both DSDT's. If I need to first try updating my BIOS to the ver606, then I shall do so.

I remember that in the kexts folder, there was a 10.13 folder with another kext in it, which I think made my audio outputs change their names to something like 5+1 orange, green front, and so on. I am not sure however, it might have been the DSDT because I am not experienced with this in general. In the event that you cannot supply the older EFI folder, and that it isn't the DSDT, could you at least supply that file alone? It would mean much to me, as I always have to guess which audio output I have to use.

That is all the trouble I have for now, I thank you in advance for your help, and I thank you for doing all of this. If it were not for this guide, I would have probably never been able to build a hackintosh as a complete newbie in this kind of community. Please let me know if I left something out.

My hardware is the same as yours, except for the following:

- NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB

- TP-LINK ARCHER T9E (Wi-Fi)

- Case

- Samsug 850 EVO

[EDIT]

- i7-8700K

Hi, 

Not been very busy here on the forum for a while "other life commitments"!  I did not expect to get as many reply's for help on this post  :) To be honest, I'm not an expert on this and can't answer every question.  The guide, is me simply sharing the basic Hackintosh knowlage that has allowed me to easily build and maintain a decent Hackintosh computer.  I have attached >>THIS CLOVER EFI Dec 14th - 2017.zip  an older version of Clover EFI folder from Dec 14th 2017, it has old SSDT for power management in the ACPI folder and USB fix.  Remove the USB fix "SSDT-UIAC" if your setup for WIFI card is not the same as mine. 

Best! :)

Ok, great, anyway as I told you now how are the ram are disposed they use only the single channel, it's possible to solve this problem? Asus recommends B2 A2 for the dualchannel

Ps.I solved with HWMonitor, this is the PM when starting the macOS:attachicon.gifHWMonitor.png

Use Clover Configurator and setup dual channel memory. After that then add the memory to motherboard. 

post-1077361-0-79420300-1516358423_thumb.png

Hi, 

Not been very busy here on the forum for a while "other life commitments"!  I did not expect to get as many reply's for help on this post  :) To be honest, I'm not an expert on this and can't answer every question.  The guide, is me simply sharing the basic Hackintosh knowlage that has allowed me to easily build and maintain a decent Hackintosh computer.  I have attached >>attachicon.gifTHIS CLOVER EFI Dec 14th - 2017.zip  an older version of Clover EFI folder from Dec 14th 2017, it has old SSDT for power management in the ACPI folder and USB fix.  Remove the USB fix "SSDT-UIAC" if your setup for WIFI card is not the same as mine. 

Best! :)

Thank you very much for your time and assistance. I have fixed the audio labels by downloading new VoodoHDA, AppleALC, CodecCommander, and Lilu and replacing the old ones. I have no idea what changed, but it seems to work. The only thing remaining are the Power Management issues. That is, if I have any power management issues, since the only difference I see is that the output of the terminal for me is different than it is for you. I will let you know if I manage to get the same result from before. Thank you for the EFI folder, I will try to combine it with what I have from before ASAP.

On a side note, what do you personally like more, the older EFI setup, or the new one with BIOS ver606? I am thinking about creating two boot setups with two EFI folders, but I don't know if the BIOS can be downgraded, I only tried updating it to a newer version when I had something below ver430. If I find any more errors or have some improvements, I will post them here. Thank you again, and good luck with whatever you are doing currently.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance. I have fixed the audio labels by downloading new VoodoHDA, AppleALC, CodecCommander, and Lilu and replacing the old ones. I have no idea what changed, but it seems to work. The only thing remaining are the Power Management issues. That is, if I have any power management issues, since the only difference I see is that the output of the terminal for me is different than it is for you. I will let you know if I manage to get the same result from before. Thank you for the EFI folder, I will try to combine it with what I have from before ASAP.

On a side note, what do you personally like more, the older EFI setup, or the new one with BIOS ver606? I am thinking about creating two boot setups with two EFI folders, but I don't know if the BIOS can be downgraded, I only tried updating it to a newer version when I had something below ver430. If I find any more errors or have some improvements, I will post them here. Thank you again, and good luck with whatever you are doing currently.

I'm using EFI folder listed on guide with no problems, though I am not using the DSDT at the moment due to intermittent boot problem / prohibited sign that I was experiencing using the DSDT.

I'm using EFI folder listed on guide with no problems, though I am not using the DSDT at the moment due to intermittent boot problem / prohibited sign that I was experiencing using the DSDT.

So you simply removed DSDT to solve the prohibited sign problem ?

great guide! I just updated to the ZE70-E created the installer, but can't get past the++++++++ . what am I missing?