d5aqoep

Success: AQC107 10 GbE native support in High Sierra 10.13.2

218 posts in this topic

Are you using the first patch I published or have you patched the built-in property?

Mieze

Advertisement
Posted (edited)

What is really needed for the Aquantia LAN port situation: a sort of universal driver that works for any of the Aquantia 10, 5, & 2.5 Gb LAN controllers, and that does not require any kind of special Apple firmware flash procedure to be able to work in either: macOS or Windows or Linux. Preferably: the macOS driver would enable functioning in Sierra, High Sierra, El Capitan, and whatever 10.14 ends up being named.

Edited by richtig

5 hours ago, d5aqoep said:

Discussing non-native cards like Small-Tree or Intel X540-T2 is actually offtopic because this thread was created specifically to test those cards which have the potential to work Out of the Box. But now since Out of the Box working cards require a kext patch in clover, it is up to mods to change the title of this thread.

Hi d5aqoep,

apologies i I am new to insanely Mac, though long time Mac user.

In this context I am not sure what “non-native” means.

The SmallTree 10GbE is not just a rebranded Intel x540 it has Apple specific firmware that works in conjunction with OS X specific drivers (kexts). It has long been one of few 10GbE cards available for Mac Pro (ATTO provide an alternate I believe) and is widely used in video production systems.

I know it has Apple specific firmware as if you install a standard Intel X540 into a Mac even with SmallTree drivers installed, then it is not recognized. So it seems to have very similar behavior to aquantia discussed here.

i did read this thread btw and it is very interesting and informative, so again apologies if I veered off topic.

cheers,

zebity.

20 hours ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

Sad news my friends.. Aquantia kext patch stopped working with 10.13.5 Beta 5. My ASUS NIC suddenly is not recognised anymore by the system .

It's working perfectly on my Hackintosh with Mieze patch on 10.13.5 Beta 5. You need to check your patch again or something else might be borked on your setup or config.plist.

Posted (edited)

Anyone else running who's had a successful Aquantia (in 1013.3. or 10.13.4) implementation and who now is running Beta 5 of 10.13.5 (with the patch) care to report?

In Beta 5 of 10.13.5, is the Aquantia still working?  (this assumes it was working in 10.13.4 or 10.13.3, and now we need to know if it is still working in this beta of 10.13.5)

(Sorry folks, I don't run Betas or I would report....)

Edited by meaganmargaret

4 hours ago, meaganmargaret said:

Anyone else running who's had a successful Aquantia (in 1013.3. or 10.13.4) implementation and who now is running Beta 5 of 10.13.5 (with the patch) care to report?

In Beta 5 of 10.13.5, is the Aquantia still working?  (this assumes it was working in 10.13.4 or 10.13.3, and now we need to know if it is still working in this beta of 10.13.5)

(Sorry folks, I don't run Betas or I would report....)

Read my reply above. Patch is still working for baptized cards on 10.13.5 Beta 5.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, d5aqoep said:

Read my reply above. Patch is still working for baptized cards on 10.13.5 Beta 5.

I did.  (Note in my response "...Anyone else....)  So, to clarify, is there anyone else other  than d5aqoep running 10.13.5 Beta 5 with an Aquantia 10GBE card that is working?

Edited by meaganmargaret

16 hours ago, d5aqoep said:

It's working perfectly on my Hackintosh with Mieze patch on 10.13.5 Beta 5. You need to check your patch again or something else might be borked on your setup or config.plist.

I did not change anything in my configuration.. The Aquantia was working all time long with 10.13.5 Beta 5, until it suddenly stopped.

Good for all of us if this just happened in my case...  

8 hours ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

I did not change anything in my configuration.. The Aquantia was working all time long with 10.13.5 Beta 5, until it suddenly stopped.

Good for all of us if this just happened in my case...  

It might just be corruption of some kext or problem with beta.

13 hours ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

You still haven't told us which patch you are using? While the first one will fail almost certainly after a driver update, patching the string "built-in" will survive provided they haven't added another check to identify Apple hardware.

11 hours ago, Mieze said:

You still haven't told us which patch you are using? While the first one will fail almost certainly after a driver update, patching the string "built-in" will survive provided they haven't added another check to identify Apple hardware.

Name*                            Find*[HEX]         Replace*[HEX]      Comment
AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion      0F84C003 0000      90909090 9090      Aquantia patch ©Mieze

Well, it has always been clear that this patch will most likely fail after the next update of the driver. Try to use the "built-in" patch which should still work as it doesn't rely on any specific code pattern.

240187790_Bildschirmfoto2018-05-28um00_42_40.png.da2006ff5af712a5b159f55ade9d2072.png

2 hours ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

Name*                            Find*[HEX]         Replace*[HEX]      Comment
AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion      0F84C003 0000      90909090 9090      Aquantia patch ©Mieze

Surprisingly I am using the same patch and all working well here.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, d5aqoep said:

Surprisingly I am using the same patch and all working well here.

Alright... I removed and replugged the Aquantia NIC and now the adapter is again working with both Mieze's Kext Patch and 10.13.5 Beta 5.

I don't know what was exactly the issue, but it seems that indeed also the kext patch is still working.

I think by this we can close the discussion all around my formerly reported issue. 

Thanks, guys and ladies! 

Edited by KGP-iMacPro

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2018 at 4:19 AM, Mieze said:

Well, it has always been clear that this patch will most likely fail after the next update of the driver. Try to use the "built-in" patch which should still work as it doesn't rely on any specific code pattern.

240187790_Bildschirmfoto2018-05-28um00_42_40.png.da2006ff5af712a5b159f55ade9d2072.png

Just reporting. From 10.14 macOS Mojave DP1 onwards, only this patch is woking. Previous patch by Mieze has stopped working.

But hey!!! Our flashed cards still work! :)

Edited by d5aqoep