d5aqoep

Aquantia 10 Gb Ethernet support thread (10.13.2 upwards)

309 posts in this topic

Hi,

Hopefully somebody here can help me with Sonnet Solo10G Pcie which should work OOB.

I have not connected problem.

I can see NIC is in system report and ioreg but it is not present in PCI section of system report.
The card is there in network preferences but it just stays red no matter what I do.
The physical light on NIC is green and connection is also green on my iMac network preferences with Sonnet Solo10g TB3.

The interesting part is while I still had my internal Intel NIC enabled (not connected to anything) network preferences showed connection on that NIC when I connected Sonnet Solo10g to my iMac.
I disabled Intel NIC and removed the kext. Nothing.
I also removed all SSDTs. Nothing.

I have SSDT0 for onboard devices, SSDT1 for GPU, SSDT8 for USB and SSDT9 for CPU.

Tried with all the patches and still nothing.

NIC is RED (not connected) in network preferences whatever I do.

I searched everywhere for an answer but with no luck so far. Should work OODB.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I do not know what to do anymore...

Advertisement
On 9/14/2019 at 1:49 PM, allanau said:

I actually have the same exactly issue but have an RX570 with an Aquantia AQtion 10G PRO but HDMI doesn't work, only DP... I only managed to get 1 DP and DP to HDMI to work but the HDMI only goes to 1080i so weird but once I pull the 10GBE card out everything is fine. I wonder if the gaming version of that card is better. I'm not 100% sure but it sounds its a slightly different chipset.

Hi All. I had the same issue and realized that my BIOS settings reset when I put in the card - I have the Aquantia 10G Gaming version. After re-disabling CSM (Compatibility Support Module) and fixing all other relevant settings on my Asus X299 Deluxe, it was back to normal and the card worked fine along with any DP/HDMI ports on my Vega 64. Hope that helps.

Hi guys,

I do not own a hackintosh anymore but have a MacPro 5.1 and purchased a STLab N-540 which is a AQC107 chipset based:

It shows up with the vendor ID 16DA and device ID D107 in LSPCI.

Both AppleEthernetAquantia drivers are loaded up by the OS (Mojave 10.14.6 in my case) including the one ending with firmware.

The device is added to the network adapters list but the detection of the cable being plugged in won't work.

I own an EEPROM programmer so I can flash the firmware directly to the EEPROM if necessary.

Is there something that I can do to make that card work on a Genuine MacPro 5.1?

Any firmware that can be flashed to the card or device ID that has to be modified through the firmware (just throwing out ideas)?

Thanks!

On 11/5/2019 at 12:46 PM, illusion1973 said:

Hi,

Hopefully somebody here can help me with Sonnet Solo10G Pcie which should work OOB.

I have not connected problem.

I can see NIC is in system report and ioreg but it is not present in PCI section of system report.
The card is there in network preferences but it just stays red no matter what I do.
The physical light on NIC is green [...]

I was having similar issues on with this card and a setup that had been working solidly for months. Upgraded to Catalina and upgraded the card firmware and all of a sudden, physical link lights on the card but no cable detected on MacOS. Not sure what the cause was and can't effectively roll-back. 

Works fine in Windows.

I CAN get the card to work on MacOS by shutting down and also, critically, switching power off at the PSU for 30 seconds. When I start back up from this (really) cold boot, everything works. After some combination of warm restarts the issue returns, but I haven't troubleshooted that far. Just happy my card is working again.

On 12/19/2019 at 9:54 AM, overshoot said:

Hi guys,

I do not own a hackintosh anymore but have a MacPro 5.1 and purchased a STLab N-540 which is a AQC107 chipset based:

It shows up with the vendor ID 16DA and device ID D107 in LSPCI.

Both AppleEthernetAquantia drivers are loaded up by the OS (Mojave 10.14.6 in my case) including the one ending with firmware.

The device is added to the network adapters list but the detection of the cable being plugged in won't work.

I own an EEPROM programmer so I can flash the firmware directly to the EEPROM if necessary.

Is there something that I can do to make that card work on a Genuine MacPro 5.1?

Any firmware that can be flashed to the card or device ID that has to be modified through the firmware (just throwing out ideas)?

Thanks!

Looking at other posts, you need to modify the device ID to 07b1 for the card to work.

I just found another working card LR-Link 6880BT, it costs around $78.

There are links in both AliExpress and Taobao, I found buyers commented this card give the identical vendor and device IDs as the Aquantia card. They reported no modification needed to have native support. I'm not sure about WOL though.

Aquantia card on Amazon.co.uk is about £260, which is way too expensive.

On 1/11/2020 at 5:00 PM, madins said:

Looking at other posts, you need to modify the device ID to 07b1 for the card to work.

I just found another working card LR-Link 6880BT, it costs around $78.

There are links in both AliExpress and Taobao, I found buyers commented this card give the identical vendor and device IDs as the Aquantia card. They reported no modification needed to have native support. I'm not sure about WOL though.

Aquantia card on Amazon.co.uk is about £260, which is way too expensive.

I've read different things and I was confused on what I should do, especially after reading a thread talking upgrading the firmware from a specific vendor.
Anyhow, thanks a lot for your answer!

I'll try that modification otherwise I'll get one of these LR-Link.

Cheers!

Quick update...

I did try to locate the Device ID on the EEPROM dump but wasn't able to find it.

I banged my head for an hour at least until I decided to upgrade the firmware from my Windows PC.

Once I plugged it back to the MacPro, cable got detected finally.

So a firmware update did fix it for me. No modification needed.