I can't see the GUI after installing TITAN

xnoos

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

i've a pc with Athlon64 venice + geforce 6600 + nvidia nforce 4 chipset

i've installed from JAS 10.4.6 and all is ok, then updated from JAS 10.4.8 AMD SSE3 only zip, ok here.

When i installed TITAN (latest), from the verbose boot i see that the geforce 6600 is found, then "cross the finger", more verbose output, then loginwindow text, no more from here... but the os is loaded, because i can hear sounds etc, but i don't see the GUI... only the text before. What's the problem? Sorry for my english.

Although some people have reported titan working with 10.4.4 8.4.1 kernel I think titan is intended for the latest kernel 10.4.8 8.8.1 this could be why it is not working and the JaS AMD SSE3 only zip doesn't have the latest kernel in it.

To make this work you will need the new kernel from semthex or vitaly etc and the AMD decrypts for your system and an official 10.4.8 update package from apple. There have been guides written on how to perform the update a search should find you one of them.

in the meantime you can remove titan by booting with the -s option then type at the prompt

/sbin/mount -uw /

rm /System/Library/Extensions/Titan.kext