d620osx

DSDT & Firewire

10 posts in this topic

Hi 

I have a HP Elite 8200 running OSX Sierra, all works fine apart form FaceTime, messages and Sound, for which I use a USB DAC which works out of the box. Also the firewire card only works only on reboot. Once the machine goes to sleep on waking it I cannot connect to my firewire HD.

Under about machine I can see:

FireWire Bus:

Maximum Speed: Up to 400 Mb/sec

Also looking at my EFI > ACPI > Patched, I cannot see a DSDT file, however I know I had one created to get sleep working correctly.

So, why does sleep still work if the DSDT is not in EFI > ACPI > Patched and what is the best way of getting the firewire card to work all the time.

Thank you

Sep

Advertisement

Sorry for the late reply, I have tried adding the amended dsdt into the clover patched folder and the machine would not sleep.

I then tried adding the FireWire fix to the dsdt that was in the normal (non patched folder) and had the same issue so have given up for now.

What I don't understand is how sleep works without a dsdt in the patched folder?

I am sure I created one and put it in the patched folder when I installed OS X to get sleep working.

Thank you for your help.

Thank you Sir, 

The amended DSDT work a charm with the sleep. Not had a chance to see if it would pick up the firewire hd if it is switched off when I turn the hack on.

Will try and give it a go at the weekend.