Jump to content
ErmaC

Clover problems report & features request

790 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

 

Hi

 

Latest release is r4630. You can use it instead of r4360.

 

Sorry meant 4630. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

I had rev 4458 on boot SSD. Updated it to 4630 and thereafter the Hackintosh rebooted after clover screeen.

Had to boot from USB stick and restore the EFI partition.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried Windows 10 on my hackintosh #1 on the sig. Same BIOS settings that I use with macOS. I noticed that on recent Windows 10 builds when I turn on or reboot to do a full reboot, BIOS logo screen is completely disabled. It will instantly go to the Windows logo.

 

On Clover/macOS I'll see the BIOS logo screen and after that the Apple logo. Would it be possible to bypass BIOS screen completely with Clover, so that it would go directly to Apple logo on boot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[PROBLEM REPORT]

Hello, I'm using FileVault 2 of macOS Mojave beta 6.

Clover version 4644

The EFI login screen took too long(as long as booting the kernel).

When I use the -v, there are spamming of message "smcProtocol->SmcReadValue failed for key "blah"" after the LoginWindow loaded

Not sure if it is related to SMCHelper or not?

Thanks

Edited by Trung_Nguyen
add clover version

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it is related to SMCHelper. It reported that the key "blah" is absent is nvram.

It should be looking in boot.log as follow

1:300  0:060  Loading nvram.plist from Vol 'MacHD' - loaded, size=3072
1:327  0:026  === [ PutNvramPlistToRtVars ] =============================
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: ActualDensity: Size = 2, Data: E1 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: BootCampHD: Size = 32, Data: 02 01 0C 00 D0 41 03 0A 00 00 00 00 01 01 06 00 02 1F 03 12 0A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 7F FF 04 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: DensityThreshold: Size = 2, Data: 96 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: EFILoginHiDPI: Size = 4, Data: 01 00 00 00 
1:327  0:000   Skipping EmuVariableUefiPresent
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: IOHibernateRTCVariables: Size = 44, Data: 41 41 50 4C 01 00 00 00 99 06 1D 18 CE 2D 50 43 FA C4 5C 8D AD DA D6 32 7D 5A F6 C1 7F 0E F1 DE 5B 23 C8 31 49 E2 52 E2 25 48 BD 68 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: LocationServicesEnabled: Size = 1, Data: 01 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: backlight-level: Size = 2, Data: 01 01 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: boot-args: String: Size = 10, Val = 'nvda_drv=1'
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: bootercfg: Size = 2, Data: 28 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: csr-active-config: Size = 4, Data: E7 03 00 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: efi-boot-device: Size = 216, Data: 3C 61 72 72 61 79 3E 3C 64 69 63 74 3E 3C 6B 65 79 3E 49 4F 4D 61 74 63 68 3C 2F 6B 65 79 3E 3C 64 69 63 74 3E 3C 6B 65 79 3E 49 4F 50 72 6F 76 69 64 65 72 43 6C 61 73 73 3C 2F 6B 65 79 3E 3C 73 74 72 69 6E 67 3E 49 4F 4D 65 64 69 61 3C 2F 73 74 72 69 6E 67 3E 3C 6B 65 79 3E 49 4F 50 72 6F 70 65 72 74 79 4D 61 74 63 68 3C 2F 6B 65 79 3E 3C 64 69 63 74 3E 3C 6B 65 79 3E 55 55 49 44 3C 2F 6B 65 79 3E 3C 73 74 72 69 6E 67 3E 39 42 38 46 33 42 39 41 2D 46 31 33 45 2D 34 36 44 41 2D 41 38 45 38 2D 43 42 42 34 35 39 30 34 45 31 35 34 3C 2F 73 74 72 69 6E 67 3E 3C 2F 64 69 63 74 3E 3C 2F 64 69 63 74 3E 3C 2F 64 69 63 74 3E 3C 2F 61 72 72 61 79 3E 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: efi-boot-device-data: Size = 74, Data: 02 01 0C 00 D0 41 03 0A 00 00 00 00 01 01 06 00 02 1F 03 12 0A 00 00 00 FF FF 00 00 04 01 2A 00 05 00 00 00 90 19 75 0E 00 00 00 00 D8 71 BA 16 00 00 00 00 9A 3B 8F 9B 3E F1 DA 46 A8 E8 CB B4 59 04 E1 54 02 02 7F FF 04 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-#KEY-ui32: Size = 4, Data: 00 00 00 11 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-$Adr-ui32: Size = 4, Data: 00 00 03 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-$Num-ui8: Size = 1, Data: 01 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-BATP-flag: Size = 1, Data: 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-BBIN-ui8: Size = 1, Data: 01 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-BEMB-flag: Size = 1, Data: 01 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-BNum-ui8: Size = 1, Data: 01 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-CLKH-{clh: Size = 8, Data: 00 00 70 80 00 01 19 40 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-CLKT-ui32: Size = 4, Data: 00 01 3C B8 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-EPCI-ui32: Size = 4, Data: 06 40 07 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-HE0N-ui8: Size = 1, Data: 0E 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-MSAc-ui16: Size = 2, Data: 00 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-MSDW-ui8: Size = 1, Data: 01 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-MSFW-ui8: Size = 2, Data: 01 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-MSPS-ui16: Size = 2, Data: 00 03 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-MSTc-ui8: Size = 1, Data: 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-MSWr-ui8: Size = 1, Data: 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-NATJ-ui8: Size = 1, Data: 02 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-NATi-ui16: Size = 2, Data: 00 1E 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-NTOK-ui8: Size = 1, Data: 01 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-RBr -ch8*: Size = 8, Data: 64 32 00 6A 31 33 00 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-REV -ch8*: Size = 6, Data: 02 03 0F 00 00 36 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-RMde-char: Size = 1, Data: 41 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-RPlt-ch8*: Size = 8, Data: 64 32 00 00 00 00 00 00 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Slice said:

Yes, it is related to SMCHelper. It reported that the key "blah" is absent is nvram.

It should be looking in boot.log as follow


1:300  0:060  Loading nvram.plist from Vol 'MacHD' - loaded, size=3072
1:327  0:026  === [ PutNvramPlistToRtVars ] =============================
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: ActualDensity: Size = 2, Data: E1 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: BootCampHD: Size = 32, Data: 02 01 0C 00 D0 41 03 0A 00 00 00 00 01 01 06 00 02 1F 03 12 0A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 7F FF 04 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: DensityThreshold: Size = 2, Data: 96 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: EFILoginHiDPI: Size = 4, Data: 01 00 00 00 
1:327  0:000   Skipping EmuVariableUefiPresent
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: IOHibernateRTCVariables: Size = 44, Data: 41 41 50 4C 01 00 00 00 99 06 1D 18 CE 2D 50 43 FA C4 5C 8D AD DA D6 32 7D 5A F6 C1 7F 0E F1 DE 5B 23 C8 31 49 E2 52 E2 25 48 BD 68 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: LocationServicesEnabled: Size = 1, Data: 01 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: backlight-level: Size = 2, Data: 01 01 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: boot-args: String: Size = 10, Val = 'nvda_drv=1'
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: bootercfg: Size = 2, Data: 28 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: csr-active-config: Size = 4, Data: E7 03 00 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: efi-boot-device: Size = 216, Data: 3C 61 72 72 61 79 3E 3C 64 69 63 74 3E 3C 6B 65 79 3E 49 4F 4D 61 74 63 68 3C 2F 6B 65 79 3E 3C 64 69 63 74 3E 3C 6B 65 79 3E 49 4F 50 72 6F 76 69 64 65 72 43 6C 61 73 73 3C 2F 6B 65 79 3E 3C 73 74 72 69 6E 67 3E 49 4F 4D 65 64 69 61 3C 2F 73 74 72 69 6E 67 3E 3C 6B 65 79 3E 49 4F 50 72 6F 70 65 72 74 79 4D 61 74 63 68 3C 2F 6B 65 79 3E 3C 64 69 63 74 3E 3C 6B 65 79 3E 55 55 49 44 3C 2F 6B 65 79 3E 3C 73 74 72 69 6E 67 3E 39 42 38 46 33 42 39 41 2D 46 31 33 45 2D 34 36 44 41 2D 41 38 45 38 2D 43 42 42 34 35 39 30 34 45 31 35 34 3C 2F 73 74 72 69 6E 67 3E 3C 2F 64 69 63 74 3E 3C 2F 64 69 63 74 3E 3C 2F 64 69 63 74 3E 3C 2F 61 72 72 61 79 3E 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: efi-boot-device-data: Size = 74, Data: 02 01 0C 00 D0 41 03 0A 00 00 00 00 01 01 06 00 02 1F 03 12 0A 00 00 00 FF FF 00 00 04 01 2A 00 05 00 00 00 90 19 75 0E 00 00 00 00 D8 71 BA 16 00 00 00 00 9A 3B 8F 9B 3E F1 DA 46 A8 E8 CB B4 59 04 E1 54 02 02 7F FF 04 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-#KEY-ui32: Size = 4, Data: 00 00 00 11 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-$Adr-ui32: Size = 4, Data: 00 00 03 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-$Num-ui8: Size = 1, Data: 01 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-BATP-flag: Size = 1, Data: 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-BBIN-ui8: Size = 1, Data: 01 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-BEMB-flag: Size = 1, Data: 01 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-BNum-ui8: Size = 1, Data: 01 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-CLKH-{clh: Size = 8, Data: 00 00 70 80 00 01 19 40 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-CLKT-ui32: Size = 4, Data: 00 01 3C B8 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-EPCI-ui32: Size = 4, Data: 06 40 07 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-HE0N-ui8: Size = 1, Data: 0E 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-MSAc-ui16: Size = 2, Data: 00 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-MSDW-ui8: Size = 1, Data: 01 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-MSFW-ui8: Size = 2, Data: 01 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-MSPS-ui16: Size = 2, Data: 00 03 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-MSTc-ui8: Size = 1, Data: 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-MSWr-ui8: Size = 1, Data: 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-NATJ-ui8: Size = 1, Data: 02 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-NATi-ui16: Size = 2, Data: 00 1E 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-NTOK-ui8: Size = 1, Data: 01 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-RBr -ch8*: Size = 8, Data: 64 32 00 6A 31 33 00 00 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-REV -ch8*: Size = 6, Data: 02 03 0F 00 00 36 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-RMde-char: Size = 1, Data: 41 
1:327  0:000   Adding Key: fakesmc-key-RPlt-ch8*: Size = 8, Data: 64 32 00 00 00 00 00 00 

 

Well, I use AptioMemoryFix, not EmuVariableUEFI, also, I can't find any lines of these in bdmesg

Edited by Trung_Nguyen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Thanks a lot :) 

 

Is it possible to have a USB icon for external volumes Embedded Theme? Please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slice said:

It is already here.

 

I explained myself badly: I want to talk about the USB logo on vol-external icon  and vol_clover icon Embedded theme.

screenshot8.png

vol_external.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matgen84 said:

 

I explained myself badly: I want to talk about the USB logo on vol-external icon  and vol_clover icon Embedded theme.

screenshot8.png

vol_external.png

This is screenshot of Clover 4639

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Slice said:

This is screenshot of Clover 4639

 

Correct. I build and try Clover 4646: it's OK. Great job for new Embedded theme :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone explain why I get no icon for my main APFS Mojave beta volume when using the new embedded theme (just the yellow and gray striped 'no image' box). The volume is located on the NVME SSD in my hack. All the other APFS volumes show up fine (including a clone of the main volume on another SATA SSD)

Thanks very much for any help here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @Slice, sorry for reporting this issue..

With "EmbeddedThemeType=Dark" key enabled on config.plist, it breaks another theme's font appearance on Clover GUI.

Thanks.

screenshot4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Hello @Slice, sorry for reporting this issue..

With "EmbeddedThemeType=Dark" key enabled on config.plist, it breaks another theme's font appearance on Clover GUI.

Thanks.

 

Yes, it influences. Use this key only if embedded theme.

There will be more changes in theme support so I somehow will resolve this problem too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fakesmc-key-BBIN-ui8	%01
fakesmc-key-MSWr-ui8	%00
fakesmc-key-RPlt-ch8*	j30%00%00%00%00%00
fakesmc-key-RBr -ch8*	branch%00%00
EFILoginHiDPI	%00%00%00%00
efi-boot-device	<array><dict><key>IOMatch</key><dict><key>IOProviderClass</key><string>IOMedia</string><key>IOPropertyMatch</key><dict><key>UUID</key><string>D1D17580-8D7B-44EB-9587-9744768E0ADE</string></dict></dict></dict></array>
fakesmc-key-#KEY-ui32	%00%00%00%11
SystemAudioVolumeDB	%00
prev-lang:kbd	en:0
fakesmc-key-BATP-flag	%00
fakesmc-key-MSTc-ui8	%00
LocationServicesEnabled	%01
security-mode	none
fakesmc-key-BNum-ui8	%01
csr-active-config	g%00%00%00
fakesmc-key-$Num-ui8	%01
fakesmc-key-MSFW-ui8	%01%00
fakesmc-key-REV -ch8*	%02%02%0f%00%00D
fakesmc-key-MSPS-ui16	%00%03
fmm-computer-name	Trung%e2%80%99s MacBook Pro
backlight-level	%0a%07
fakesmc-key-$Adr-ui32	%00%00%03%00
fakesmc-key-EPCI-ui32	%06`%07%00
bluetoothActiveControllerInfo	%97%81<A%00%00%00%00%14%1a$%fdR2%b8}
fakesmc-key-MSAc-ui16	%00%00
SystemAudioVolume	%1f
specialbootdevice	%02%01%0c%00%d0A%03%0a%00%00%00%00%01%01%06%00%02%1f%03%12%0a%00%00%00%ff%ff%00%00%04%01*%00%02%00%00%00%80`%1f%00%00%00%00%00%08%d2%af%1d%00%00%00%00%80u%d1%d1{%8d%ebD%95%87%97Dv%8e%0a%de%02%02%04%03$%00%f7%fct%be|%0b%f3I%91G%01%f4%04.hBX`%efZ%8f@%97M%b5d%02%b2.C%f9%a4%7f%ff%04%00
fakesmc-key-RMde-char	A
flagstate	%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00
efi-boot-device-data	%02%01%0c%00%d0A%03%0a%00%00%00%00%01%01%06%00%02%1f%03%12%0a%00%00%00%ff%ff%00%00%04%01*%00%02%00%00%00%80`%1f%00%00%00%00%00%08%d2%af%1d%00%00%00%00%80u%d1%d1{%8d%ebD%95%87%97Dv%8e%0a%de%02%02%04%03$%00%f7%fct%be|%0b%f3I%91G%01%f4%04.hBX`%efZ%8f@%97M%b5d%02%b2.C%f9%a4%7f%ff%04%00
fakesmc-key-BEMB-flag	%01

Here you go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/8/2018 at 19:28, dgsga said:

¿Alguien puede explicar por qué no obtengo un ícono para mi principal volumen beta de APFS Mojave cuando uso el nuevo tema incrustado (solo el cuadro amarillo y gris con rayas "sin imagen"). El volumen está ubicado en el SSD NVME en mi hack. Todos los demás volúmenes APFS aparecen bien (incluyendo un clon del volumen principal en otro SSD SATA)

Muchas gracias por cualquier ayuda aquí ...

The same thing happens to me with the icons and the nvme unit.

 

On 14/8/2018 at 21:45, Slice said:

Porque NVME no es SATA.

¿Puedes proporcionar boot.log para ver qué encontró Clover?

Waiting for a possible solution with the help of @slice thk.-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2018 at 9:26 PM, dgsga said:

Thanks Slice. Here you go...

bdmesg.txt

I don't know what is the bug

Starting Clover revision: 4780 on American Megatrends EFI

:surprised:

 

There is no messages from Clover about icons used for each entry

8:479  0:004  === [ ScanLoader ] ========================================
8:479  0:000  - [09]: 'EFI'
8:489  0:010          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=EFI
8:489  0:000          skipped because entry is hidden
8:489  0:000  - [12]: 'Windows 10'
8:489  0:000  - [13]: ''
8:489  0:000  - [14]: 'EFI'
8:498  0:009          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=EFI
8:503  0:004          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=EFI
8:503  0:000          skipped because entry is hidden
8:503  0:000  - [16]: 'EFI'
8:503  0:000          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=EFI
8:503  0:000          skipped because entry is hidden
8:503  0:000  - [18]: 'Preboot', hidden
8:503  0:000  - [19]: 'System'
8:641  0:137          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=System
8:710  0:069  - [20]: 'Recovery', hidden
8:710  0:000  - [21]: 'VM'
8:711  0:000  - [22]: 'Preboot', hidden
8:711  0:000  - [23]: 'Morgaine'
8:836  0:124          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=Morgaine
8:911  0:075  - [24]: 'Recovery', hidden
8:911  0:000  - [25]: 'VM'

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bronxteck said:

does adding the clover NVME driver help with this issue?

I have another question. If Clover found a drive it will use vol_internal.icns. What Clover found to show bee?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Slice said:

I have another question. If Clover found a drive it will use vol_internal.icns. What Clover found to show bee?

 

I thought that it would use os_mac.icns to show.

 

screenshot0.thumb.png.7952757280ad0c108a44c619d4d6e016.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By TomZanna
      Hi, I'm trying to install Mac Os Catalina on a HP 550-132NL.
      The system has:
      i7-6700
      RAM 12 GB
      GT 730
      LAN Realtek RTL8161
      ALC3863
       
      It passes the verbose phase but after the Apple logo goes away, it gets stuck on a grey screen and I can only move the pointer.
      Can I try to boot with the iGPU?
       
      origin.zip
      CLOVER_dGPU_USB_3.zip
    • By kevin_1351
      tl;dr: VirtualSMC causes me a flood of log messages and correlated cpu spikes. FakeSMC doesn't.
       
      Hi, I have almost finalized my Huawei Matebook X Pro Opencore setup and everything is working very well besides wifi/bt ofc (which is about to change).
       
      However, I noticed how the cpu usage sometimes went up a little and when looking at the Console I could see a never-ending flood of:
      default 14:05:05.983292+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:05.982975+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:05.982996+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:06.985932+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:06.985949+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:06.986134+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:39.426574+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:39.426729+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:39.426585+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:41.431085+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:41.431097+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:41.431246+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:42.433068+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:42.433227+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:42.433078+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:43.434453+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:43.434465+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:43.434622+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:44.436155+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:44.436166+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0  
      As you can see, multiple of these per second. Another guy with the same computer is also having this issue and posted a dsdt change to fix it. This fix didn't solve anything though
      He tried to limit the Notify call by implementing a state change requirement before calling Notify.
       
      Here is the original acpi:
      Scope (_SB) { Device (LID) { Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0D") /* Lid Device */) // _HID: Hardware ID Method (_LID, 0, NotSerialized) // _LID: Lid Status { Local0 = One Local0 = ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.RPIN (0x05, 0x06) If ((Local0 == 0x55)) { Local0 = Zero } Else { Local0 = One } ^^PCI0.GFX0.CLID = Local0 Return (Local0) } } Device (PWRB) { Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C") /* Power Button Device */) // _HID: Hardware ID Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized) // _STA: Status { Return (0x0B) } } } Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0) { Method (_Q81, 0, NotSerialized) // _Qxx: EC Query, xx=0x00-0xFF { Local0 = ^^^^LID._LID () If ((Local0 == Zero)) { ADBG ("LID-OFF") SGOV (0x02030009, Zero) SGOV (0x02060000, Zero) } Else { ADBG ("LID-ON") SGOV (0x02030009, One) SGOV (0x02060000, One) Notify (ALSD, 0x80) // Status Change } Notify (LID, 0x80) // Status Change } } Which he changed to: 
      Scope (_SB) { Device (LID) { Name (_OLD, One) // assuming everything else.. the lid should start open? Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0D") /* Lid Device */) // _HID: Hardware ID Method (_LID, 0, NotSerialized) // _LID: Lid Status { Local0 = One Local0 = ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.RPIN (0x05, 0x06) If ((Local0 == 0x55)) { Local0 = Zero } Else { Local0 = One } Return (Local0) } } Device (PNLF) { Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002")) // _HID: Hardware ID Name (_CID, "backlight") // _CID: Compatible ID Name (_UID, 0x0A) // _UID: Unique ID Name (_STA, 0x0B) // _STA: Status } Device (PWRB) { Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C") /* Power Button Device */) // _HID: Hardware ID Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized) // _STA: Status { Return (0x0B) } } } Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0) { Method (_Q81, 0, NotSerialized) // _Qxx: EC Query, xx=0x00-0xFF { Local0 = ^^^^LID._LID () If ((Local0 == Zero)) { ADBG ("LID-OFF") SGOV (0x02030009, Zero) SGOV (0x02060000, Zero) } Else { ADBG ("LID-ON") SGOV (0x02030009, One) SGOV (0x02060000, One) Notify (ALSD, 0x80) // Status Change } If ((^^^^LID._OLD != Local0)) { Notify (LID, 0x80) // Status Change ^^^^LID._OLD = Local0 } } } Besides me not seeing any reason to declare _OLD in LID. The idea itself shouldn't be too bad right? Well, as I said, his fix didn't work.
       
      In fact, to prove that Method _Q81 doesn't have anything to do with the issue at all, I created a Clover/Opencore patch to change _Q81 to XQ81. This resulted in my lid not working at all of course, but the log flooding still persisted!
      So _Q81 doesn't have anything to do with the issue afaik.
       
      Now, further Google searches led me to a chinese post where he tied the issue to VirtualSMC. And indeed, by migrating to FakeSMC the issue is no more.
       
      Unfortunately, I'm very fond of VirtualSMC for various reasons. So I would very much like to keep it. If not I'd have to implement the old way of doing Battery monitoring etcetc. Which isn't very elegant and update proof as it requires DSDT patching.
       
      So, I do believe that the issue may very well be in the DSDT code, perhaps in the ambient light part. I'm not very skilled at this and just started studying the ACPI spec 3 days ago.
       
      Could someone please help me out? Thanks a lot in advance
       
       
      origin.zip
      OC.zip
    • By MaLd0n
      ---TUTORIAL---
      https://www.olarila.com/topic/5794-guide-install-macos-with-olarila-image-step-by-step-install-and-post-install-windows-or-mac/
       
      --Original Post--
      https://www.olarila.com/topic/6531-olarila-hackbeast-z390-designare-thunderbolt-full-dsdt-patches-clover-opencore/
       
      --Bios/UEFI Settings--
       
      *Update bios/uefi to F7+*
      1- Go to M.I.T./Advanced Frequency Settings tab
       
      Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) - Profile 1
       
      2- Go to BIOS tab
       
      CSM Support - Disabled
       
      3- Go to Peripherals/Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration tab
       
      Security Level - No Security
      Thunderbolt USB Support - Enabled
      GPIO3 Force Pwr - Enabled
       
      4- Go to Chipset tab
       
      Internal Graphics - Enable
       
      ---CLOVER FOLDER---
      https://olarila.com/files/Clover.Folder/EFI CLOVER Z390 DESIGNARE.zip
      *Use this folder with FULL DSDT PATCHED
       
      ---OPENCORE FOLDER---
      https://www.olarila.com/topic/6364-mojave-catalina-on-mobos-series-100200300-with-opencore-bootloader/
      *Use this folder with FULL DSDT PATCHED
       
       
      ---Extract one Full dump for DSDT edits, post files---
       
      RunMe.app
       
       
       
      ---HARDWARE---
       
      --MOBO

      GIGABYTE Z390 DESIGNARE
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Z390-DESIGNARE-Gigabyte-Thunderbolt-Motherboard/dp/B07K8RJZRG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Z390+DESIGNARE&qid=1565492390&s=electronics&sr=1-1

      --PROCESSOR

      Intel Core i9-9900K
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Intel-i9-9900K-Desktop-Processor-Unlocked/dp/B005404P9I/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=Intel+Core+i9-9900K&qid=1553358099&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

      --COOLER

      CORSAIR H100i RGB PLATINUM AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-H100i-PLATINUM-Liquid-Cooler/dp/B07JWB5BSN/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=WATER+COOLER+CPU&qid=1565492509&s=gateway&sr=8-4

      --MEMORY

      Corsair CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600)
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CMW32GX4M2C3200C16-Vengeance-PC4-25600-Desktop/dp/B07GTG2T7L/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=memory+ddr4+32&qid=1553358238&s=gateway&sr=8-15

      --GPU

      MSI RX Vega 64 AIR Boost 8G OC
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/MSI-RX-64-AIR-8G/dp/B07DH7S1X1/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=vega+64+gigabyte&qid=1565492819&s=electronics&sr=1-2

      --SSD

      Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD (MZ-V7E1T0BW) NVMe M.2 V-NAND
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-970-EVO-1TB-MZ-V7E1T0BW/dp/B07BN217QG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=s+samsung+970+evo+1tb&qid=1565493002&s=electronics&sr=1-1

      --POWER SUPPLY

      EVGA Supernova 1000 P2 80+ Platinum, 1000W ECO Mode Fully Modular 
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Supernova-Platinum-Crossfire-220-P2-1000-XR/dp/B00EKJQM5E/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=power+supply+1000w&qid=1565493196&s=gateway&sr=8-3

      --WIRELESS

      TP-Link Archer T9E
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Archer-T9E-Beamforming-Technology/dp/B00TQEX7AQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=TP-Link+Archer+T9E&qid=1553358397&s=gateway&sr=8-1

      --CASE

      Thermaltake Core P5 Tempered Glass Black Edition ATX Open Frame Panoramic Viewing
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Tempered-Panoramic-Certified-CA-1E7-00M1WN-03/dp/B01N4IGVSC/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Thermaltake+Core+P5&qid=1565493567&s=gateway&sr=8-2

      --DSDT Patches--
      -FIX ACPI ERRORS -FIX OEM SSDTs to AVOID ERRORS AND WARNINGS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA -DMAC -REMOVE PROBLEMATIC AND UNUSED DEVICES -FIX K.P in REBOOT -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -CNVW -GMM -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES ---SCREENSHOTs---




















      -Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Thanks to KGP for SSDT Thunderbolt
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
      We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By dgsga
      Can I propose a new subforum be created for the new OpenCorePkg OpenCore front end being created by vit9696 and others, it is a fantastic piece of work:
      https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg
      Even at version 0.1 it runs my Mojave 10.14.4 setup very nearly flawlessly. It consists of a 10KB bootstrap BootX64.efi and a 200KB OpenCore.efi OS loader. All configuration is done using a very well documented config.plist 
       
       
    • By kingoffright
      Dear all,
       
      I have a external harddisk about 500GB, I installed the clover into it and the harddisk is GPT format, below is the 3 partitions details:
      FS01: EFI - disk0s1 - fat32
      FS02: install mac  image - disk0s2 -  hfs+
      FS03: install windows 10 - disk0s3 - fat32
       
      I can use this external harddisk to install Mac without issue, I use below steps to install windows 10
      enter the FS03:
      cd to efi/boot/ and excuete bootx64.efi
      after pop up the windows install screen, i click next and it shows error 'A media driver your computer needs is missing...' and the installation can not go any further.
      Firstly I use ultraiso to write the windows 10 image to a flash disk and no issue to start install window 10 so the image is working fine. Since I dont know how to write
      a wiindow installation image into harddisk partition, I used winrar extra all the files into disk0s3, am I missing some steps or actually clover not support to install windows
      by partitions, apprecating any helps.
       
×