ErmaC

Clover problems report & features request

845 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Slice said:

@XLNC

Are you sure config.plist contains MaskFind and not MASKFIND as you shown? CAPITAL letters. 

@Slice Hi 
yes!  my 
config.plist contains MaskFind and not MASKFIND.

512678983_ScreenShot2019-12-28at11_05_54AM.png.654c907ba5ef4304ea6b9a0c2af79b81.png

Advertisement
3 hours ago, Slice said:

Give me catalina kernel. I will look how this patches may work.

Sure ! 
here is the kernel :
catalina_kernel.zip

And here is the .plist file, if you want to have a look at all the kernel patches for 15h_16h AMD CPU family to boot.
These kernel patches work on all 10.13.x,10.14.x,10.15.x macos on opencore.
15h_16h_config.plist.zip

thanks !

Edited by XLNC

Hey all,
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this. I have a mac pro 2010, I'm trying to run Clover so I can access the bootloader with a non UEFI graphics card (Powercolor Vega 56).
I can't get the bootloader to show when this card is installed, it just gives me a black screen, I assume it has something to do with my config.plist.
I've tried running the config-genconfig but it just gives me a segmentation 11 fault.
I'm running Mojave 10.14.6. I'm really not sure what to do anymore.
Cheers.

On 12/28/2019 at 3:30 PM, XLNC said:

Sure ! 
here is the kernel :
catalina_kernel.zip

And here is the .plist file, if you want to have a look at all the kernel patches for 15h_16h AMD CPU family to boot.
These kernel patches work on all 10.13.x,10.14.x,10.15.x macos on opencore.
15h_16h_config.plist.zip

thanks !

@Slice Any update on the issue ?

21 hours ago, XLNC said:

@Slice Any update on the issue ?

It is strange but I see no reason for such issue.

Test please again with newest Clover version.

18 hours ago, Slice said:

sure ! will test again with new clover and let you know .
thanks!

On 1/8/2020 at 9:59 PM, Slice said:

@Slice Hi !
i tested mask patching with the latest clover but still the error is there on debug and macos doesnt boot.

On 2/8/2020 at 9:23 PM, jlsantos_insanelyMac said:

Hi,

i'm having now Catalina working fine with my Toshiba Z30.

But it takes almost 20 second to open clover menu.

Can anyone help me pleas?

Thank you. 

More info?

@Slice ,How to solve the addressing error of dual network card in ASUS z87-deluxe? When using OC boot, there will be no problem. When using clover boot, from the start log, we can see that there is a problem in clover days. 0:100 0:000 PCI (00|07:00.00) : 10EC 8168 class=020000。 The address of rtl8111 network card is under Intel. Normally, under Realtek, 0:100 0:000 PCI (00| 09:00.00): 14e4 43b1 class = 028000 will be driven. 

preboot.log

Edited by jinbingmao

Any chance of supporting the 5120x1440 native resolution of the Samsung CRG9? It shows in low res when I tried this. Highest 32:9 res I can get working is 3840x1080.

4 hours ago, kevpatts said:

Any chance of supporting the 5120x1440 native resolution of the Samsung CRG9? It shows in low res when I tried this. Highest 32:9 res I can get working is 3840x1080.

Are you talking about using 5120x1440 in the Clover EFI menu or in macOS?

I don't think I've ever seen EFI use anything wider than 3840.

SwitchResX can fix macOS - just set the "Scaled resolution base" to 5120x1440. The HDMI and DisplayPort ports may have different EDIDs. HDMI might not have a 5120x1440 timing. If the EDID is missing the 5120x1440 timing then you can create it in SwitchResX. The manual seems to indicate that the HDMI port of the display has the 5120x1440 timing, so this shouldn't be a problem. The display may have different modes that affect the EDID. The display may have different EDIDs between DisplayPort and HDMI ports.

You can use my script at https://gist.github.com/joevt/32e5efffe3459958759fb702579b9529 to check and compare all the EDIDs. Use AGDCDiagnose for all the modes and ports (HDMI 1.4/HDMI 2.0, 60Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, FreeSync Standard Engine, FreeSync Ultimate Engine, FreeSync Disabled, DisplayPort 1.2, DisplayPort 1.4).

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/MacOS/AGDCDiagnose -a > AGDCDiagnoseXXX.txt 2>&1

(replace XXX in the file name with a description of the connected port and mode).

Then use loadagdcfile to load all the files you created - it combines duplicates so that only unique EDIDs are listed by the listedids commands. Then use 

edidbinall
dumpedidall
decodeall

to save all the EDIDs as binaries, dump, and decode them all. Then you can compare them. See if any are missing the 5120x1440 timing.

Are you talking about using 5120x1440 in the Clover EFI menu or in macOS?

Yes, in the Clover EFI.

SwitchResX can fix macOS - just set the "Scaled resolution base" to 5120x1440. The HDMI and DisplayPort ports may have different EDIDs. HDMI might not have a 5120x1440 timing. If the EDID is missing the 5120x1440 timing then you can create it in SwitchResX. The manual seems to indicate that the HDMI port of the display has the 5120x1440 timing, so this shouldn't be a problem. The display may have different modes that affect the EDID. The display may have different EDIDs between DisplayPort and HDMI ports.

I'm using SwitchResX but it doesn't correct the res until a few seconds after you log in, so the login prompts all show at the low res.

You can use my script at https://gist.github.com/joevt/32e5efffe3459958759fb702579b9529 to check and compare all the EDIDs. Use AGDCDiagnose for all the modes and ports (HDMI 1.4/HDMI 2.0, 60Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, FreeSync Standard Engine, FreeSync Ultimate Engine, FreeSync Disabled, DisplayPort 1.2, DisplayPort 1.4).

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/MacOS/AGDCDiagnose -a > AGDCDiagnoseXXX.txt 2>&1

(replace XXX in the file name with a description of the connected port and mode).

Then use loadagdcfile to load all the files you created - it combines duplicates so that only unique EDIDs are listed by the listedids commands. Then use 

edidbinall
dumpedidall
decodeall

to save all the EDIDs as binaries, dump, and decode them all. Then you can compare them. See if any are missing the 5120x1440 timing.

I did this at the bottom but the final command just gives me:

decode:3: command not found: edid-decode

decode:3: command not found: edid-decode

12 hours ago, kevpatts said:

Yes, in the Clover EFI.

I'm using SwitchResX but it doesn't correct the res until a few seconds after you log in, so the login prompts all show at the low res.

I did this at the bottom but the final command just gives me:

Install edid-decode for the decode and decodeall command to work.

https://git.linuxtv.org/edid-decode.git/about/

As for getting 5120x1440 in EFI, that would be an interesting project. I've not looked at EFI video drivers much. One thing it will need to do is to be able to read timings from the DisplayID extension blocks of the EDID since the other blocks do not support resolutions wider than 4096. I don't think EFI supports DisplayID blocks. I don't even think it supports CTA blocks.

All the code to parse all parts of EDID is in edid-decode. Most of the specs it uses are publicly available. I'm not sure where or how you would apply it to EFI though. I guess Clover would need to override or patch some drivers...

On 12/25/2019 at 1:16 AM, XLNC said:

@Slice
thanks for implementing the mask patching to clover .
i am trying to use the mask kernel patches from opencore to clover.
but it doesnt seem to work.

can you confirm that this is correct way of mask patching in clover ? 

FIND: 833D0000 00000074 008B5DBC
    REPLACE: 00000000 00000100 00000000
   MASKFIND: FFFF0000 00FFFFFF 00FFFFFF
MASKREPLACE: 00000000 00000F00 00000000

I tested and somehow changed the possibility to patch kernel with masks.

The above syntax is good and the patching works.

The debug message said success

Снимок экрана 2020-03-16 в 7.24.34.png

And I see the result of changing kernel

Снимок экрана 2020-03-16 в 7.25.11.png

I changed the kernel message.

Test today commit 4618b74d1a9818a6fb5581b84957d7b6b5faa899

On 2/9/2020 at 9:44 PM, jinbingmao said:

@Slice ,How to solve the addressing error of dual network card in ASUS z87-deluxe? When using OC boot, there will be no problem. When using clover boot, from the start log, we can see that there is a problem in clover days. 0:100 0:000 PCI (00|07:00.00) : 10EC 8168 class=020000。 The address of rtl8111 network card is under Intel. Normally, under Realtek, 0:100 0:000 PCI (00| 09:00.00): 14e4 43b1 class = 028000 will be driven. 

preboot.log

No, all is right there.

Hi @Slice

Yesterday, I update r5105 48b175 to r5105 5ed385d, without reboot. This morning, I have no Clover GUI only black screen.

Do you think is a Clover problem or macOS issue? I rebuild several time kernel cache from a working USB stick (5104), don't works. There is a message Error Kernel cache 0x09.

Needs help! Please. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Slice said:

I am not sure what is the problem you encountered.

Sorry for my bad english. I posted some other details in Clover general topic.

This morning:

• r5105 5ed385d: black screen at start without Clover GUI.
  • r5105 48b175: all works fine.

Maybe a macOS Mojave issue?.

Edited by Matgen84

On 3/16/2020 at 10:03 AM, Slice said:

I tested and somehow changed the possibility to patch kernel with masks.

The above syntax is good and the patching works.

The debug message said success

Снимок экрана 2020-03-16 в 7.24.34.png

And I see the result of changing kernel

Снимок экрана 2020-03-16 в 7.25.11.png

I changed the kernel message.

Test today commit 4618b74d1a9818a6fb5581b84957d7b6b5faa899

thanks for looking into it .
i will test it out and let you know the result : )
thanks !

13 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Sorry for my bad english. I posted some other details in Clover general topic.

This morning:

• r5105 5ed385d: black screen at start without Clover GUI.
  • r5105 48b175: all works fine.

Maybe a macOS Mojave issue?.

But 5ed385d is not working commit. Test please more recent sources.

3 hours ago, Slice said:

But 5ed385d is not working commit. Test please more recent sources.

Same issue with r5105 ce86d7f: no Clover GUI, only Black screen at start. I've to rollback again to working previous version r5105 48b175.

I don't understand why.

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Same issue with r5105 ce86d7f: no Clover GUI, only Black screen at start. I've to rollback again to working previous version r5105 48b175.

I don't understand why.

Is it possible to see debug.log?

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Slice said:

Is it possible to see debug.log?

I try and report.

EDIT: @Slice

Despite <key>Log</key> to <true/>, all debug key to true in config.plist, I can't generate debug.log. Maybe because I build release r5105 ce86d7f

Edited by Matgen84

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Simon's InsaneMac
      Hi, I'm kind of lost when scrolling to Clover Configurator, so I decided to use an EFI from the web and just configure the most basic stuff. But that sadly didn't work, im always getting the attached screen IMG_0054.HEIC (and I don't know whether all the errors are listed, as I can't scroll). 
      Anyways I thought it'd be better to do a custom setup. Can anyone give me some help with what to choose in the settings? Here's my rig:
      i7 8700k
      Asus z370-G (Rog Strix)
      gtx 1060 6gb
      samsung ssd (SATA)
      WD hard drive

Your help would be much appreciated!
    • By kylon
      A big thanks to wegface for teaching me a lot of things.

Tested on Catalina 10.15.4 and Clover EFI 5104 (Catalina Patcher)

Not Working:
      - realtek sd card reader (pm me if you have a fix)

Notes:
      **CPU patches are disabled, if you are using a locked BIOS you must enable them**

Clover EFI:
      - Install it in UEFI Mode and change your hdd partition table to GPT.
      - You will be able to install ANY OS in EFI mode, even if this pc does not support EFI at all! (No guide available for this)

You will need:
      My unlocked BIOS (OPTIONAL) (here) Latest Clover config from CCE Bank (here) (asus k53sj-kylon) Rehabman Voodoo PS2 Controller (here) acidanthera AppleALC (here) acidanthera Lilu (here) acidanthera VirtualSMC (here) acidanthera SMCBatteryManager (here) acidanthera SMCLightSensor (here) acidanthera WhateverGreen (here) Mieze Realtek RTL8111 (here)
    • By Rohan20
      Opencore is running really really slow on Catalina 10.15.4. So It was running perfectly before I put the ssdt-pnlf for enabling Brightness control. it is running really slow and I verified my config with the sanity checker and its all correct. can someone please help. I am attaching my oc folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/drkek0eaz19ina5/OC.zip?dl=0

• By y010204025
      Disclaimer: All files of this article are from itpwd.com and rehabman ’s github.com

After Testing:

Graphics card: NVIDIA K1000M / K2000M / K2100M / K3000M / K3100M / K4000M / M1000M (ordinary TN1600x900 or 1920x1080), AMD W5170M / W7170M (DC2 or 4K), Intel HD4000 (ordinary TN1600x900 or 1920x1080) can be driven normally, but NVIDIA graphics card Brightness adjustment is disabled. AMD W5170m and w7170m are the best choices on 8570W and 8770W. The brightness can be adjusted normally and the graphics performance is very good. For WX7100m and WX4170m, the graphics card fans cannot be controlled, and other methods are required to control the fans. CPU: 3rd generation Intel Core i3, i5 and i7 (Ivy Bridge architecture, including all dual-core and quad-core. Celeron and Pentium are not supported), frequency conversion is normal. In general: If you have 8570W, 8770W, and hope you can get the best Hackintosh experience, it is recommended to replace the CPU with i7-3840QM / i7-3940XM, 8570W is recommended to choose W5170M, 8770W, and it is recommended to choose W7170M. In addition: If you want to have a 4K experience or perfect HIDPI, W5170m / W7170M supports 4K output, you can choose a suitable 4K screen to replace, but because 4K screens are mostly edp interface, and 8570W / 8770W motherboard is lvds interface, This requires a custom screen cable, which seems to be a difficult choice, but you can choose to do it yourself or buy it separately. In China, taobao.com is almighty and may be more suitable for you than eBay.

EFI features:
      out of the box, the relevant hardware can be driven after the OS is installed, and it is easy to use without code operation.
      Supported models: HP EliteBook 8470p, 8570p, 8570w, 8770w (click the model for official specifications)
      Wireless network card: Recommended: BCM94360cd (requires ipex4 to ipex1,3 antenna 1300mbps), BCM94352HMB / DW1550 (2 antennas, 867mbps)
      Wireless characteristics: no white list, wireless network card with Bluetooth does not support the Bluetooth function of the wireless network card (also does not need to shield the pins), but the wireless normal use, you need the Bluetooth function to use this machine comes with Bluetooth:
      Clover version: 5103, keyboard mapping has been added Command key = Alt key, Option key = Win key
      Supported systems: macOS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G103)-macOS Catalina 10.15.x,

Notes on known issues:
      1. The touchpad and the left and right keys under the touchpad are normal, the pointing stick and the left and right keys above the touchpad are temporarily unavailable (recommended to use the second generation of Apple Magic Trackpad)
      2. Indicator display problem (can be ignored, function is normal): Caps light is sometimes not switched in time, mute / wireless key may be yellow
      3.AMD graphics card / Intel nuclear display has supported sleep and 15 levels of brightness adjustment, NVIDIA has no
      4. If the AMD graphics card enters Huaping, refer to editing the Clover startup parameters, and add the Boot parameter radpg = 15 (the EFI file that has been configured with this parameter has been uploaded, refer to the following EFI-guided download link)
      5. Using the above NVIDIA graphics card with a normal TN screen 1600x900 or 1920x1080 can not enter the installation interface, please check whether the VBiOS of the graphics card is exclusively for HP, thank you for your test face K1000M
      6. Due to product design defects, the MSata positions of 8570w and 8770w cannot be used as boot disks, so EFI boot can only be placed on the main hard disk (turn the machine over and open the hard disk in the lower left corner of the cover, which is the main hard disk). Put on msata plate
      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Hardware requirements:
      Model: 8470p, 8570p, 8570W, 8770W 1 or more, it is recommended to use another notebook for emergency Hard disk: It is recommended to choose an SSD hard disk of 240g or more. Samsung or Intel SATA hard disk is a good choice. Wireless card: BCM94352HMB, DW1550, BCM94360CD, miniPCIe slot U disk: 1 for 16g and above, another winPE emergency USB disk is recommended If you use a rescue USB flash drive, it means that you read this post carefully

Make and install a USB flash drive:
      Get the mirror: please do it your way Making and installing a USB flash drive: macOS command line production is recommended, whether it is a real macOS model or a virtual machine (although this is not allowed to be discussed in many forums)Or you can choose to use TransMac or ether under Windows. This is not recommended, but it is simple enough for those new to Hackintosh. Make boot U disk: If you know how to put the boot into the installation U disk, unzip the EFI file and put it in the EFI partition, or you can choose a fat32 format U disk to store the EFI file separately Note: EFI is an unzipped folder, not a zip or ISO suffix file.

BIOS settings From RehabMan
      To start, set BIOS to defaults.
      Then insure:
      UEFI boot is enabled (hybrid/with CSM for best result) secure boot is disabled disable fast boot IGPU graphics memory set to 64mb, if available disable the serial port via BIOS option, if available disable "LAN/WLAN switching", if available disable "Extended Idle Power States" if you find it under "Power Management Options" disable "Wake on LAN" and "Wake on USB" disable Firewire/IEEE 1394, if your laptop has it for Skylake and KabyLake laptop, enable "Launch Hotkeys without Fn keypress" Note: If you have a laptop with switchable graphics, leave it enabled. You can still use it on Windows, although the discrete card will be disabled when running OS X by the ACPI patches provided here. If you want to also disable it in Windows (via BIOS option), make sure you read about the DGPU option in your model specific SSDT (source is in SSDT-HACK.dsl), as in the scenario where the DGPU is disabled by BIOS, DGPU should be set to zero.

Install:
      Please modify according to the above BIOS settings: Press F9 after booting, select the boot efi to file option, which is generally the last item. Enter your boot USB disk to find the location of cloverx64.efi, select cloverx64.efi, press Enter, and enter the clover boot interface. Select the location of the install entry and press Enter. Enter the macOS interface, use the disk tool to format the partition you need to install to hfs + or apfs format, do not choose the encryption option, this will make your efforts in vain. Note: The disk must be in gpt format, and the remaining EFI space is greater than 200M, 300mb + is recommended. If it is not, please try to modify it in WindowsPE environment. This may cause you to lose the Windows system boot and disk data. Please prepare for backup.
      After formatting the partition successfully, close the disk tool and select install, you will find the partition you installed, and follow the interface prompts. When the installation reaches a certain progress, it will restart. When restarting, select F9, enter from the boot U disk, select the disk partition where you installed macOS (no longer the U disk installation), the installation will continue, and it may restart 2 ~ 3 times Every time, you need F9 to select the boot. After entering the installation interface, except for the first installation, select the U disk, and then select the disk installation partition. Eventually you will enter the settings interface. After following the interface prompts, you will enter the macOS system interface. Remember the system password and turn off the Find my mac option.  
      Post install:

After the installation is complete, you need to hang the EFI partition of the disk, copy the EFI file of the U disk to the EFI partition of the disk, so that you can directly use the disk to boot, otherwise you need to select the U disk to boot each time. The mount tool can choose cloverconfigurator. If after copying the EFI file to the disk, the computer cannot recognize your clover boot, you can use the custom boot option of bios: set the custom boot path to \efi\clover\cloverx64.efi, and set it as the first boot, Use bootice or easyUEFI to increase the clover boot option under Windows and set it as the first boot. If you do not have a wireless network card available temporarily, you can use the USB binding function of your Android phone to share the network. This may require the HoRndis driver. It is not recommended to use a US wireless network card. If you need Windows or Linux, you can install it normally. Be careful not to let Windows overwrite your boot files.  
      For other uses of macOS and brew, please pay attention to forums and other communities. Hackintosh is just the beginning.

Finally, I would like to thank rehabman, vit9696 and others who contributed to Hackintosh. I also thank Cwen for his efforts to modify files and hardware tests. I hope that Hackintosh will be eternal.

Please comply with the laws and regulations of your country or region. My description may not be clear or professional, but I think it is necessary. I think the existence of Hackintosh is everyone's technical hobby and experience macOS, not as a substitute for macOS cheap hardware.

EFI_8x70_5103_W7170m_20200116 .zip
    • By StarFighter_77
      I built this hack years ago now. Started with Lion, now on El Cap. I want to update now to High Sierra.

I think I messed up my Clover when I downloaded the update .pkg and just installed it without taking my time or customizing the install. Was on Clover r3423, now I think I'm on r5104

I've been searching and reading this site and others for a few days before making this thread, but I need help compiling what I've learned to get my system running correctly again and ready to update to High Sierra. Then, eventually, I want to update my graphics card, switch to UEFI (if necessary) and update to Mojave.

I couldn't get system to boot. Could get to Clover and all the options, except the Shell... I hit enter on the Shell and I get black screen and nothing.

The only way I got it to boot was to add -v to boot args, and change smbios from 14,2 to 13,2. Not sure why that worked still. Also I'm running two monitors, but I can only now run one of them off the Intel 3000 Graphics and the second one off my GFX Card.

So now I'm afraid to shut down or reboot.... I could really use some help with Clover.

I'm pretty sure my config file in Clover is not right. Also, some of the files in my Clover backups are not in the new Clover install. (2.5k 5104)

If someone could please take a look at the files I've attached and help me sort this out, I would be grateful. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

I've attached
      - The last boot log
      - The current Clover folder from the EFI partition after performing Clover update. (.zip)
      - The Clover backup that was working before Clover update (.zip)
      - Library/Extensions Folder (screen shot)
      - System/Library/Extensions Folder (.zip)

Here is my current hardware:

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K

GPU: GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6870 1GB DDR5 2DVI/HDMI/2x

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ16GX3M4A1600?C9B

HD0 (for OS and Apps): OCZ Technology 120 GB Vertex Series SATA II Solid State Drive

HD1 (file storage, Adobe scratch disk): Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA

BURNER: LG CD/DVD Burner Model GH22NS50

CPU COOLER: Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50 All in One High-performanc?e CPU Cooler CWCH50-1

P/S: Antec CP-850 850 Watt CPX Power Supply Unit

CASE: Antec Performance One P183 V3 Case
      CLOVER.zip
      CloverBackup.zip
      bootlog.txt

S_L_E.zip