ErmaC

Clover problems report & features request

854 posts in this topic

Already done.

What Clover version you mean?

@grayen

I had an experience to boot macOS and Windows 7 Pro 64bit UEFI on GPT formatted disk on legacy-BIOS computer with Core2Duo CPU by Clover. It is possible as you said. I don't know if Windows 10 required something more.

I mean make Clover boot like BIOS, if Clover can't find macOS installer to update. It'll boot into macOS partition, it'll make update easier. Also, I'm using the latest.

Advertisement

Clover can find macOS installer to update. Thousands users do update this way.

Show your preboot.log where can we look on all partitions and loaders.

STATIC CHAR16 *OSXInstallerPaths[] = {
  L"\\Mac OS X Install Data\\boot.efi",
  L"\\macOS Install Data\\boot.efi",
  L"\\macOS Install Data\\Locked Files\\Boot Files\\boot.efi",
  L"\\OS X Install Data\\boot.efi",
  L"\\.IABootFiles\\boot.efi"
};

Clover can find macOS installer to update. Thousands users do update this way.

Show your preboot.log where can we look on all partitions and loaders.

STATIC CHAR16 *OSXInstallerPaths[] = {
  L"\\Mac OS X Install Data\\boot.efi",
  L"\\macOS Install Data\\boot.efi",
  L"\\macOS Install Data\\Locked Files\\Boot Files\\boot.efi",
  L"\\OS X Install Data\\boot.efi",
  L"\\.IABootFiles\\boot.efi"
};

No, I mean we have an option to set default boot volume right? But it only boots into 1 volume, sometimes I need to update macOS. App Store will create another volume of macOS Install or something, anyway I can make Clover boot into macOS install first like BIOS. If Clover can't find macOS install then it'll boot into second default boot volume like macOS system

slice I think what he wants is that after an apple update clover use boot next to automatically finish the os update install instead of having to manually select the updater volume from clover gui

slice I think what he wants is that after an apple update clover use boot next to automatically finish the os update install instead of having to manually select the updater volume from clover gui

You are right, that way I can set App Store to update macOS automatically

I started macOS as usual then I see update in AppStore and click OK. 

macOS loads update, begins it and then restarted into "macOS install". 

It is already happens.

I can't set "BootNext" variable because Clover is not working during this process.

I started macOS as usual then I see update in AppStore and click OK. 

macOS loads update, begins it and then restarted into "macOS install". 

It is already happens.

I can't set "BootNext" variable because Clover is not working during this process.

I mean, we have Default Boot Volume to help Clover to boot into "that partition" when you Clover starting. I set it to my macOS volume, it works perfectly but when I try to update to some macOS version. App Store will create a volume name "macOS install" right, so what I asking for is can you make more option like Default Boot Volume 2, 3,... If Clover can't find the first Default Boot Volume 1, it'll boot into Default Boot Volume 2. It'll make we update macOS easier

OK, I understand.

I have DefaultBootVolume=LastBootedVolume. As far as I remember it automatically switched to update.

But it didn't switch back to my macOS partition. If I have more option, Clover will switch to update when I reboot from App Store. Or if Clover can't find that update partition, it'll switch back to my macOS partition. That's simple

My case, Single SSD

High Sierra Vol name = Macintosh HD

DefaultBootVolume = Macintosh HD in config

Timeout 3 in config

Update from appstore, clover automatically enter high sierra installer(macOS install Macintosh HD). After install update, there is no installer in GUI, and enter Macintosh HD.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

My case, Single SSD

High Sierra Vol name = Macintosh HD

DefaultBootVolume = Macintosh HD in config

Timeout 3 in config

Update from appstore, clover automatically enter high sierra installer(macOS install Macintosh HD). After install update, there is no installer in GUI, and enter Macintosh HD.

Mine too

1 SSD, macOS High Sierra vol name = macOS (same with DefaultBootVolume)

Timeout = 5

Clover still boot into macOS even Clover found macOS install when I try to update

Mine too

1 SSD, macOS High Sierra vol name = macOS (same with DefaultBootVolume)

Timeout = 5

Clover still boot into macOS even Clover found macOS install when I try to update

Strange. In my case. There is no problem that i mentioned above.

On my laptop, i can't use lastvolumename option. So i selected mac partition name for defaultvolumename.

i have same issue on haswell laptop 1ssd with win10/10.13.x clover timeout does not work config set to 5sec but at boot clover sits there forever until i manually chose os. works fine on my other machines though. it has always happened on this machine so it does not bother me any longer LOL.

On some more recent HP UEFI implementations (including the Spectre x360 and Envy x360's) Clover is unable to boot OS X without a workaround. HP's UEFI loads some sort of touch keyboard (likely indicative of a debug mode), and when OS X is loaded boot.efi will hang and never proceed. No kernel panic occurs, boot.efi simply does not start loading. This problem can be resolved by chainloading clover from a text only bootloader (grub works, secure boot workarounds like Preloader.efi work best), or by modifying the source code of clover. The issue is something left over from rEFIt, as rEFInd also loads the touch keyboard. It appears that the function

BOOLEAN ReadAllKeyStrokes(VOID)

is broken. When the function body is commented and the function is modified to only return false, like so:

BOOLEAN ReadAllKeyStrokes(VOID)
{
    //problem code
    /*
    BOOLEAN       GotKeyStrokes;
    EFI_STATUS    Status;
    EFI_INPUT_KEY key;

GotKeyStrokes = FALSE;
    for (; {
        Status = gST->ConIn->ReadKeyStroke (gST->ConIn, &key);
        if (Status == EFI_SUCCESS) {
            GotKeyStrokes = TRUE;
            continue;
        }
        break;
    }
    return GotKeyStrokes;*/
    return FALSE;
}

Clover does not encounter the touch keyboard issue and loads OSX successfully with no workarounds. I believe that something in this method triggers HP's UEFI to enter a type of debug mode and load the touch keyboard. Any ideas on how this method could be fixed to prevent this error?

A typo from time ago

in clover bootmenu / options / PCI Devices

custom properies should be custom properties?

probably you mean this...

menu.c

NewEntry(&Entry, &SubScreen, ActionEnter, SCREEN_DEVICES, "Custom properies->");
and yes is a typo... should be "Custom properties->"

ErmaC

Dear devs,

I just realized that I need to use "-DANDX86" everytime on buildclover script to make PhoenixOS && RemixOS (Android-x86) detected by Clover bootloader.

If possible.. May I propose these flags to be true, so Clover detects Android-x86 based OSes by default? Thanks.

#!ifdef ANDX86
  DEFINE ANDX86_FLAG = -DANDX86
#!endif 

Dear devs,

I just realized that I need to use "-DANDX86" everytime on buildclover script to make PhoenixOS && RemixOS (Android-x86) detected by Clover bootloader.

If possible.. May I propose these flags to be true, so Clover detects Android-x86 based OSes by default? Thanks.

#!ifdef ANDX86
  DEFINE ANDX86_FLAG = -DANDX86
#!endif 

I think it is possible because I see no reason why not. 

It was added conditionally because no one need it.

I hope this is the right place, a recommendation

Is possible change the position of letters?

They are hidden underneath and there is to scroll

Centered is much better visually. Thank.-

post-471348-0-36534600-1515777341_thumb.png

post-471348-0-46007700-1515777373_thumb.png

post-471348-0-33471800-1515777384_thumb.png

I hope this is the right place, a recommendation

Is possible change the position of letters?

They are hidden underneath and there is to scroll

Centered is much better visually. Thank.-

Yes is a simple html with inline css, and the last one as you show is... conclusion.html

located here https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/HEAD/tree/CloverPackage/package/Resources/templates/

and if I understand you correctly (align the copyright text on the right) will be:

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/HEAD/tree/CloverPackage/package/Resources/templates/Conclusion.html#l14

to (changed line 14)

p.copyright{margin: 0px; font:13px 'Lucida Grande'; text-align: right}
ErmaC

feature needed  : pass-by HP840g3 bios locked and being able to boot with clover ;)

just kidding, but if you dev this i'll take it :)

Thanks U to all clover dev

best

feature needed  : pass-by HP840g3 bios locked and being able to boot with clover ;)

just kidding, but if you dev this i'll take it :)

Thanks U to all clover dev

best

I have no HP840g3 and so I have no idea what about you tell.