ErmaC

Clover problems report & features request

790 posts in this topic

Already done.

What Clover version you mean?

@grayen

I had an experience to boot macOS and Windows 7 Pro 64bit UEFI on GPT formatted disk on legacy-BIOS computer with Core2Duo CPU by Clover. It is possible as you said. I don't know if Windows 10 required something more.

I mean make Clover boot like BIOS, if Clover can't find macOS installer to update. It'll boot into macOS partition, it'll make update easier. Also, I'm using the latest.

Advertisement

Clover can find macOS installer to update. Thousands users do update this way.

Show your preboot.log where can we look on all partitions and loaders.

STATIC CHAR16 *OSXInstallerPaths[] = {
  L"\\Mac OS X Install Data\\boot.efi",
  L"\\macOS Install Data\\boot.efi",
  L"\\macOS Install Data\\Locked Files\\Boot Files\\boot.efi",
  L"\\OS X Install Data\\boot.efi",
  L"\\.IABootFiles\\boot.efi"
};

Clover can find macOS installer to update. Thousands users do update this way.

Show your preboot.log where can we look on all partitions and loaders.

STATIC CHAR16 *OSXInstallerPaths[] = {
  L"\\Mac OS X Install Data\\boot.efi",
  L"\\macOS Install Data\\boot.efi",
  L"\\macOS Install Data\\Locked Files\\Boot Files\\boot.efi",
  L"\\OS X Install Data\\boot.efi",
  L"\\.IABootFiles\\boot.efi"
};

No, I mean we have an option to set default boot volume right? But it only boots into 1 volume, sometimes I need to update macOS. App Store will create another volume of macOS Install or something, anyway I can make Clover boot into macOS install first like BIOS. If Clover can't find macOS install then it'll boot into second default boot volume like macOS system

slice I think what he wants is that after an apple update clover use boot next to automatically finish the os update install instead of having to manually select the updater volume from clover gui

slice I think what he wants is that after an apple update clover use boot next to automatically finish the os update install instead of having to manually select the updater volume from clover gui

You are right, that way I can set App Store to update macOS automatically

I started macOS as usual then I see update in AppStore and click OK. 

macOS loads update, begins it and then restarted into "macOS install". 

It is already happens.

I can't set "BootNext" variable because Clover is not working during this process.

I started macOS as usual then I see update in AppStore and click OK. 

macOS loads update, begins it and then restarted into "macOS install". 

It is already happens.

I can't set "BootNext" variable because Clover is not working during this process.

I mean, we have Default Boot Volume to help Clover to boot into "that partition" when you Clover starting. I set it to my macOS volume, it works perfectly but when I try to update to some macOS version. App Store will create a volume name "macOS install" right, so what I asking for is can you make more option like Default Boot Volume 2, 3,... If Clover can't find the first Default Boot Volume 1, it'll boot into Default Boot Volume 2. It'll make we update macOS easier

OK, I understand.

I have DefaultBootVolume=LastBootedVolume. As far as I remember it automatically switched to update.

But it didn't switch back to my macOS partition. If I have more option, Clover will switch to update when I reboot from App Store. Or if Clover can't find that update partition, it'll switch back to my macOS partition. That's simple

My case, Single SSD

High Sierra Vol name = Macintosh HD

DefaultBootVolume = Macintosh HD in config

Timeout 3 in config

Update from appstore, clover automatically enter high sierra installer(macOS install Macintosh HD). After install update, there is no installer in GUI, and enter Macintosh HD.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

My case, Single SSD

High Sierra Vol name = Macintosh HD

DefaultBootVolume = Macintosh HD in config

Timeout 3 in config

Update from appstore, clover automatically enter high sierra installer(macOS install Macintosh HD). After install update, there is no installer in GUI, and enter Macintosh HD.

Mine too

1 SSD, macOS High Sierra vol name = macOS (same with DefaultBootVolume)

Timeout = 5

Clover still boot into macOS even Clover found macOS install when I try to update

Mine too

1 SSD, macOS High Sierra vol name = macOS (same with DefaultBootVolume)

Timeout = 5

Clover still boot into macOS even Clover found macOS install when I try to update

Strange. In my case. There is no problem that i mentioned above.

On my laptop, i can't use lastvolumename option. So i selected mac partition name for defaultvolumename.

i have same issue on haswell laptop 1ssd with win10/10.13.x clover timeout does not work config set to 5sec but at boot clover sits there forever until i manually chose os. works fine on my other machines though. it has always happened on this machine so it does not bother me any longer LOL.

On some more recent HP UEFI implementations (including the Spectre x360 and Envy x360's) Clover is unable to boot OS X without a workaround. HP's UEFI loads some sort of touch keyboard (likely indicative of a debug mode), and when OS X is loaded boot.efi will hang and never proceed. No kernel panic occurs, boot.efi simply does not start loading. This problem can be resolved by chainloading clover from a text only bootloader (grub works, secure boot workarounds like Preloader.efi work best), or by modifying the source code of clover. The issue is something left over from rEFIt, as rEFInd also loads the touch keyboard. It appears that the function

BOOLEAN ReadAllKeyStrokes(VOID)

is broken. When the function body is commented and the function is modified to only return false, like so:

BOOLEAN ReadAllKeyStrokes(VOID)
{
    //problem code
    /*
    BOOLEAN       GotKeyStrokes;
    EFI_STATUS    Status;
    EFI_INPUT_KEY key;

GotKeyStrokes = FALSE;
    for (; {
        Status = gST->ConIn->ReadKeyStroke (gST->ConIn, &key);
        if (Status == EFI_SUCCESS) {
            GotKeyStrokes = TRUE;
            continue;
        }
        break;
    }
    return GotKeyStrokes;*/
    return FALSE;
}

Clover does not encounter the touch keyboard issue and loads OSX successfully with no workarounds. I believe that something in this method triggers HP's UEFI to enter a type of debug mode and load the touch keyboard. Any ideas on how this method could be fixed to prevent this error?

A typo from time ago

in clover bootmenu / options / PCI Devices

custom properies should be custom properties?

probably you mean this...

menu.c

NewEntry(&Entry, &SubScreen, ActionEnter, SCREEN_DEVICES, "Custom properies->");
and yes is a typo... should be "Custom properties->"

ErmaC

Dear devs,

I just realized that I need to use "-DANDX86" everytime on buildclover script to make PhoenixOS && RemixOS (Android-x86) detected by Clover bootloader.

If possible.. May I propose these flags to be true, so Clover detects Android-x86 based OSes by default? Thanks.

#!ifdef ANDX86
  DEFINE ANDX86_FLAG = -DANDX86
#!endif 

Dear devs,

I just realized that I need to use "-DANDX86" everytime on buildclover script to make PhoenixOS && RemixOS (Android-x86) detected by Clover bootloader.

If possible.. May I propose these flags to be true, so Clover detects Android-x86 based OSes by default? Thanks.

#!ifdef ANDX86
  DEFINE ANDX86_FLAG = -DANDX86
#!endif 

I think it is possible because I see no reason why not. 

It was added conditionally because no one need it.

I hope this is the right place, a recommendation

Is possible change the position of letters?

They are hidden underneath and there is to scroll

Centered is much better visually. Thank.-

post-471348-0-36534600-1515777341_thumb.png

post-471348-0-46007700-1515777373_thumb.png

post-471348-0-33471800-1515777384_thumb.png

I hope this is the right place, a recommendation

Is possible change the position of letters?

They are hidden underneath and there is to scroll

Centered is much better visually. Thank.-

Yes is a simple html with inline css, and the last one as you show is... conclusion.html

located here https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/HEAD/tree/CloverPackage/package/Resources/templates/

and if I understand you correctly (align the copyright text on the right) will be:

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/HEAD/tree/CloverPackage/package/Resources/templates/Conclusion.html#l14

to (changed line 14)

p.copyright{margin: 0px; font:13px 'Lucida Grande'; text-align: right}
ErmaC

feature needed  : pass-by HP840g3 bios locked and being able to boot with clover ;)

just kidding, but if you dev this i'll take it :)

Thanks U to all clover dev

best

feature needed  : pass-by HP840g3 bios locked and being able to boot with clover ;)

just kidding, but if you dev this i'll take it :)

Thanks U to all clover dev

best

I have no HP840g3 and so I have no idea what about you tell.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TomZanna
      Hi, I'm trying to install Mac Os Catalina on a HP 550-132NL.
      The system has:
      i7-6700
      RAM 12 GB
      GT 730
      LAN Realtek RTL8161
      ALC3863

It passes the verbose phase but after the Apple logo goes away, it gets stuck on a grey screen and I can only move the pointer.
      Can I try to boot with the iGPU?

origin.zip
      CLOVER_dGPU_USB_3.zip
    • By kevin_1351
      tl;dr: VirtualSMC causes me a flood of log messages and correlated cpu spikes. FakeSMC doesn't.

Hi, I have almost finalized my Huawei Matebook X Pro Opencore setup and everything is working very well besides wifi/bt ofc (which is about to change).

However, I noticed how the cpu usage sometimes went up a little and when looking at the Console I could see a never-ending flood of:
      default 14:05:05.983292+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:05.982975+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:05.982996+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:06.985932+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:06.985949+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:06.986134+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:39.426574+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:39.426729+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:39.426585+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:41.431085+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:41.431097+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:41.431246+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:42.433068+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:42.433227+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:42.433078+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:43.434453+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:43.434465+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:43.434622+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:44.436155+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:44.436166+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0  
      As you can see, multiple of these per second. Another guy with the same computer is also having this issue and posted a dsdt change to fix it. This fix didn't solve anything though
      He tried to limit the Notify call by implementing a state change requirement before calling Notify.

Here is the original acpi:
      Scope (_SB) { Device (LID) { Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0D") /* Lid Device */) // _HID: Hardware ID Method (_LID, 0, NotSerialized) // _LID: Lid Status { Local0 = One Local0 = ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.RPIN (0x05, 0x06) If ((Local0 == 0x55)) { Local0 = Zero } Else { Local0 = One } ^^PCI0.GFX0.CLID = Local0 Return (Local0) } } Device (PWRB) { Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C") /* Power Button Device */) // _HID: Hardware ID Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized) // _STA: Status { Return (0x0B) } } } Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0) { Method (_Q81, 0, NotSerialized) // _Qxx: EC Query, xx=0x00-0xFF { Local0 = ^^^^LID._LID () If ((Local0 == Zero)) { ADBG ("LID-OFF") SGOV (0x02030009, Zero) SGOV (0x02060000, Zero) } Else { ADBG ("LID-ON") SGOV (0x02030009, One) SGOV (0x02060000, One) Notify (ALSD, 0x80) // Status Change } Notify (LID, 0x80) // Status Change } } Which he changed to: 
      Scope (_SB) { Device (LID) { Name (_OLD, One) // assuming everything else.. the lid should start open? Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0D") /* Lid Device */) // _HID: Hardware ID Method (_LID, 0, NotSerialized) // _LID: Lid Status { Local0 = One Local0 = ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.RPIN (0x05, 0x06) If ((Local0 == 0x55)) { Local0 = Zero } Else { Local0 = One } Return (Local0) } } Device (PNLF) { Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002")) // _HID: Hardware ID Name (_CID, "backlight") // _CID: Compatible ID Name (_UID, 0x0A) // _UID: Unique ID Name (_STA, 0x0B) // _STA: Status } Device (PWRB) { Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C") /* Power Button Device */) // _HID: Hardware ID Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized) // _STA: Status { Return (0x0B) } } } Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0) { Method (_Q81, 0, NotSerialized) // _Qxx: EC Query, xx=0x00-0xFF { Local0 = ^^^^LID._LID () If ((Local0 == Zero)) { ADBG ("LID-OFF") SGOV (0x02030009, Zero) SGOV (0x02060000, Zero) } Else { ADBG ("LID-ON") SGOV (0x02030009, One) SGOV (0x02060000, One) Notify (ALSD, 0x80) // Status Change } If ((^^^^LID._OLD != Local0)) { Notify (LID, 0x80) // Status Change ^^^^LID._OLD = Local0 } } } Besides me not seeing any reason to declare _OLD in LID. The idea itself shouldn't be too bad right? Well, as I said, his fix didn't work.

In fact, to prove that Method _Q81 doesn't have anything to do with the issue at all, I created a Clover/Opencore patch to change _Q81 to XQ81. This resulted in my lid not working at all of course, but the log flooding still persisted!
      So _Q81 doesn't have anything to do with the issue afaik.

Now, further Google searches led me to a chinese post where he tied the issue to VirtualSMC. And indeed, by migrating to FakeSMC the issue is no more.

Unfortunately, I'm very fond of VirtualSMC for various reasons. So I would very much like to keep it. If not I'd have to implement the old way of doing Battery monitoring etcetc. Which isn't very elegant and update proof as it requires DSDT patching.

So, I do believe that the issue may very well be in the DSDT code, perhaps in the ambient light part. I'm not very skilled at this and just started studying the ACPI spec 3 days ago.

Could someone please help me out? Thanks a lot in advance

origin.zip
      OC.zip
    • By MaLd0n
      ---TUTORIAL---
      https://www.olarila.com/topic/5794-guide-install-macos-with-olarila-image-step-by-step-install-and-post-install-windows-or-mac/

--Original Post--
      https://www.olarila.com/topic/6531-olarila-hackbeast-z390-designare-thunderbolt-full-dsdt-patches-clover-opencore/

--Bios/UEFI Settings--

*Update bios/uefi to F7+*
      1- Go to M.I.T./Advanced Frequency Settings tab

Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) - Profile 1

2- Go to BIOS tab

CSM Support - Disabled

3- Go to Peripherals/Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration tab

Security Level - No Security
      Thunderbolt USB Support - Enabled
      GPIO3 Force Pwr - Enabled

4- Go to Chipset tab

Internal Graphics - Enable

---CLOVER FOLDER---
      https://olarila.com/files/Clover.Folder/EFI CLOVER Z390 DESIGNARE.zip
      *Use this folder with FULL DSDT PATCHED

---OPENCORE FOLDER---
      https://www.olarila.com/topic/6364-mojave-catalina-on-mobos-series-100200300-with-opencore-bootloader/
      *Use this folder with FULL DSDT PATCHED

---Extract one Full dump for DSDT edits, post files---

RunMe.app

---HARDWARE---

--MOBO

GIGABYTE Z390 DESIGNARE
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Z390-DESIGNARE-Gigabyte-Thunderbolt-Motherboard/dp/B07K8RJZRG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Z390+DESIGNARE&qid=1565492390&s=electronics&sr=1-1

--PROCESSOR

Intel Core i9-9900K
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Intel-i9-9900K-Desktop-Processor-Unlocked/dp/B005404P9I/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=Intel+Core+i9-9900K&qid=1553358099&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

--COOLER

CORSAIR H100i RGB PLATINUM AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-H100i-PLATINUM-Liquid-Cooler/dp/B07JWB5BSN/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=WATER+COOLER+CPU&qid=1565492509&s=gateway&sr=8-4

--MEMORY

Corsair CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600)
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CMW32GX4M2C3200C16-Vengeance-PC4-25600-Desktop/dp/B07GTG2T7L/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=memory+ddr4+32&qid=1553358238&s=gateway&sr=8-15

--GPU

MSI RX Vega 64 AIR Boost 8G OC
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/MSI-RX-64-AIR-8G/dp/B07DH7S1X1/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=vega+64+gigabyte&qid=1565492819&s=electronics&sr=1-2

--SSD

Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD (MZ-V7E1T0BW) NVMe M.2 V-NAND
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-970-EVO-1TB-MZ-V7E1T0BW/dp/B07BN217QG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=s+samsung+970+evo+1tb&qid=1565493002&s=electronics&sr=1-1

--POWER SUPPLY

EVGA Supernova 1000 P2 80+ Platinum, 1000W ECO Mode Fully Modular 
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Supernova-Platinum-Crossfire-220-P2-1000-XR/dp/B00EKJQM5E/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=power+supply+1000w&qid=1565493196&s=gateway&sr=8-3

--WIRELESS

TP-Link Archer T9E
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Archer-T9E-Beamforming-Technology/dp/B00TQEX7AQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=TP-Link+Archer+T9E&qid=1553358397&s=gateway&sr=8-1

--CASE

Thermaltake Core P5 Tempered Glass Black Edition ATX Open Frame Panoramic Viewing
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Tempered-Panoramic-Certified-CA-1E7-00M1WN-03/dp/B01N4IGVSC/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Thermaltake+Core+P5&qid=1565493567&s=gateway&sr=8-2

--DSDT Patches--
      -FIX ACPI ERRORS -FIX OEM SSDTs to AVOID ERRORS AND WARNINGS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA -DMAC -REMOVE PROBLEMATIC AND UNUSED DEVICES -FIX K.P in REBOOT -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -CNVW -GMM -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES ---SCREENSHOTs---

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Thanks to KGP for SSDT Thunderbolt
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
      We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By dgsga
      Can I propose a new subforum be created for the new OpenCorePkg OpenCore front end being created by vit9696 and others, it is a fantastic piece of work:
      https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg
      Even at version 0.1 it runs my Mojave 10.14.4 setup very nearly flawlessly. It consists of a 10KB bootstrap BootX64.efi and a 200KB OpenCore.efi OS loader. All configuration is done using a very well documented config.plist 

• By kingoffright
      Dear all,

I have a external harddisk about 500GB, I installed the clover into it and the harddisk is GPT format, below is the 3 partitions details:
      FS01: EFI - disk0s1 - fat32
      FS02: install mac  image - disk0s2 -  hfs+
      FS03: install windows 10 - disk0s3 - fat32

I can use this external harddisk to install Mac without issue, I use below steps to install windows 10
      enter the FS03:
      cd to efi/boot/ and excuete bootx64.efi
      after pop up the windows install screen, i click next and it shows error 'A media driver your computer needs is missing...' and the installation can not go any further.
      Firstly I use ultraiso to write the windows 10 image to a flash disk and no issue to start install window 10 so the image is working fine. Since I dont know how to write
      a wiindow installation image into harddisk partition, I used winrar extra all the files into disk0s3, am I missing some steps or actually clover not support to install windows
      by partitions, apprecating any helps.