ErmaC

Clover problems report & features request

963 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a problem to boot into the clover GUI being installed as only content on a CF card. 

My motherboard is not nvme m.2 ready. So I have installed my 960 evo via a PCI adapter. My bios is not ready as well, it does not know anything about my new m.2 disk.

Up to now I have a standard HD installed as well. There Clover is configured, nvme driver included and so I can boot my new m.2 disk.

Now I want to get rid of the old HD. So I have installed a cf-card attached via a cf2sata adapter. I copied the clover configuration to the cf card. Made it bootable and - nope!

My bios recognised the cf card as boot device. I select it from the list but I get only a grey boot manager gui (no clover gui!) after restarting the computer (no idea where exactly it comes from).

Just to be sure, can it be that if only clover is installed on a disk it will not boot the clover gui?

(Just of verification - I have tried a linux live cd image - this boots fine being installed on my CF card)

Any hints or howtos I can follow - I have tried a lot of them up to now...

Advertisement

Having weird problem

Nvram -p

fmm-computer-name MyiMac
security-mode none
specialbootdevice %02%01%0c%00%d0A%03%0a%00%00%00%00%01%01%06%00%00%17%03%12%0a%00%04%00%ff%ff%00%00%04%01*%00%02%00%00%00(@%06%00%00%00%00%00 %19%16%1d%00%00%00%00/D%0aA%e1%bd%c8I%b1%a8%1b%e3%d8a%037%02%02%04%03$%00%f7%fct%be|%0b%f3I%91G%01%f4%04.hBw%e1%b5%0dRAKF%a0cWO%0e%aa%a8y%7f%ff%04%00
platform-uuid %eb%b8%ca%ab]%25Y%c6%9fFs%11%dc%b9%9a%db
EFILoginHiDPI %00%00%00%00
LocationServicesEnabled %01
csr-active-config g%00%00%00
flagstate %00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00

No boot-args, where have they gone?

Have this as my boot-args in Clover

radpg=15 -lilubetaall

This is with/without EmuVariable and NO nvram.plist

Edited by STLVNUB

Having weird problem
Nvram -p
fmm-computer-name MyiMacsecurity-mode nonespecialbootdevice %02%01%0c%00%d0A%03%0a%00%00%00%00%01%01%06%00%00%17%03%12%0a%00%04%00%ff%ff%00%00%04%01*%00%02%00%00%00(@%06%00%00%00%00%00 %19%16%1d%00%00%00%00/D%0aA%e1%bd%c8I%b1%a8%1b%e3%d8a%037%02%02%04%03$%00%f7%fct%be|%0b%f3I%91G%01%f4%04.hBw%e1%b5%0dRAKF%a0cWO%0e%aa%a8y%7f%ff%04%00platform-uuid %eb%b8%ca%ab]%25Y%c6%9fFs%11%dc%b9%9a%dbEFILoginHiDPI %00%00%00%00LocationServicesEnabled %01csr-active-config g%00%00%00flagstate %00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00

No boot-args, where have they gone?
Have this as my boot-args in Clover
radpg=15 -lilubetaall
This is with/without EmuVariable

it's normal.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

I too dont have the boot-args, but nvram works :D

One thing though...

My 300 series board wont load my nvram values if i boot with verbose, or even if i press the spacebar to change something. nvram only works if i just let it boot.

Edited by ellaosx

Hi, it's an amazing project and thank you all for contributions. I have a problem that if I use TgtBridge to point to a device not in _SB root tree(for example, _SB.PCI0.HPET) and rename a method, all my OEM SSDTs' methods will be also renamed.

To be more specific, I want to rename HPET._STA to XSTA and set TgtBridge to HPET. However, apart from HPET._STA, all _STA methods in OEM SSDTs are renamed to XSTA. Here's my trouble shooting and related codes in config.plist

<dict>
	                    <key>Comment</key>
	                    <string>change HPET._STA to XSTA</string>
	                    <key>Find</key>
	                    <data>X1NUQQ==</data>
	                    <key>Replace</key>
	                    <data>WFNUQQ==</data>
	                    <key>TgtBridge</key>
	                    <data>SFBFVA==</data>
	                </dict>

Trouble Shooting.zip

Edited by zhengshiqi

Hi

There is a huge issue with Clover r4722 

When I updated to r4722 on Legacy Bios based hack I only get blinking underscore. I am using boot0af and EFI 64-bits SATA. I've tried enabling debug option in config.plist but it does not generate debug.log at all the Clover is completely stuck. Is there any other way to debug it.

I've installed r4700 and it is working without any issues. I cannot find builds in between those versions to test with them to narrow down which commit caused the issue.

Edited by Ivcha

On 10/31/2018 at 12:50 AM, bronxteck said:

Current Clover r.4517 can boot High Sierra & Mojave, but unable to update from 10.14.1 to 10.14.2 beta1 during first reboot at Z97 hackintosh only.

Try to update Clover to any version > 4517 always got booting panic as the attached picture.

Any fix for this error ?

IMG_0179.JPG

Edited by jsl2000

7 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

Current Clover r.4517 can boot High Sierra & Mojave, but unable to update from 10.14.1 to 10.14.2 beta1 during first reboot at Z97 hackintosh only.

Try to update Clover to any version > 4517 always got booting panic as the attached picture.

Any fix for this error ?

IMG_0179.JPG

Any information?

15 hours ago, Slice said:

Is it AMD CPU?

No, my Z97 hackintosh is using Intel CPU i7.

The similar red screen panic occurred with AMD CPU before, but error code was 06 instead of 0E.

Very weird it can be booted by patched DSDT.aml & config.plist from Z87 in Clover r.4558 now.

I will try to update to the newest version of Clover or r.4722 ASAP !

[Solved]

This problem was fixed by myself after applied properly patched DSDT.aml from Z87 to Z97 hackintoshs.

Now it can boot correctly by Clover r.4558, r.4722 & r.4728, but got wrong booting menu with Russian language code by r.4731 even I have Language (en:0) in GUI of config.plist.

Edited by jsl2000

17 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Do we need to set embeddedthemetype to svg to get rid of the garbled text?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where I can find explanations for "embeddedthemetype" parameters for config.plist. Please.

13 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

gui theme was broken on r4733.

i don't use svg theme. just use only bootcamp theme.

GUI is not "broken", but it just not shown properly #LoL

11 minutes ago, Slice said:

I understand the issue with garbled text.

GlobalConfig.Codepage must be set to 0xC0 in settings.c line 158 and line 2754.

Test, please!

fixed. but left that logo has shadow(or Bold?) with no clean

screenshot0.thumb.png.f4009132b363e0f5650817c397d5d848.png

Edited by Sherlocks

latest commits not resolved transparency on icons animation

that's broken after 4728 because 4728 works good

Edited by chris1111

Thanks @Slice for r4735 commit, it fixes font rendering issue on both Bitmap & Vector theme.

Banner animation is still not working, but it' s position on screen shown properly as previous revs. (before r4728).

#EDIT: I just realized that @Sherlocks has reported this issue before.

VirtualBox_Clover GUI_05_11_2018_05_12_29.png

Edited by Badruzeus

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By MaLd0n
      -OpenCore Vanilla TUTORIAL-

-USB Port Mapping TUTORIAL-

1 -Create a USB bootable

Create your usb installer, use this tool and download Catalina or Big Sur from Apple servers

Catalina
      installScript_allfullapp.zip

Big Sur
      installScript_1016fullapp.zip

Credits: crazybirdy

Copy Catalina / Big Sur installer to Applications folder, open terminal and run

Catalina

Big Sur

If you want check one step by step, check here

-Opencore Vanilla Tutorial
      https://tinyurl.com/ycvcnp8h

2- EFI folder USB installation

-EFI OpenCore Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition in your USB STICK
      https://tinyurl.com/ybwr9kq3

-EFI Clover Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition in your USB STICK
      https://tinyurl.com/yxsw7d3t

3- EFI folder SSD

-EFI OpenCore Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition SSD 
      https://tinyurl.com/ybwr9kq3

-EFI Clover Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition SSD
      https://tinyurl.com/yxsw7d3t

4- Start Fine Tune

Run this app and post full dump here for full ACPI solution

RunMe.app
      https://tinyurl.com/y9562hz7

If you like a SSDT way, here we go
      SSDT-OLARILA.aml.zip

5- USB Solution

Use these kexts, enable XHCI port limit patch

USB INTEL SERIE 400.zip

and follow this tutorial for remap USB ports

--DSDT PATCHES--

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE ID -DMAC -REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM -REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDEF -ARTC -IPIC -TIMR -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -kUSBCompanionIndex -io-device-location -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -ACPI-WAKE-GPE -DTGP -HDMI / HDAU  
      --SCREENSHOTS--

-If you want to buy me a beer - Donations with PayPal
      https://tinyurl.com/r2bvzm7

Big Thanks to XLR and your Badass Motherboard, Ultrafast CPU, Coolest Heatsink, Huge Graphics Card, Tonnes of RAM,
      Gigantic Hard Drive, Lightspeed Disk Burner, Professional Sound Card, Massive LCD Display.

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others!

We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By Nomade
      Hello All,

It's been a while that I am trying to update my system to 10.15.16.
      The install seem to start, then at reboot time I only see the Normal boot and the Recovery option from the Clover boot menu.
      None of those 2 allow to complete the update.

Is there any ways to force it to install and/or show the "Update" option on the Clover boot screen?

PS: I'm using Z97-Gaming-3
    • By Damx
      The specs CPU: Intel® Core™ i3 Processor 8130U, 2.20 GHz (Kaby Lake Refresh) Chipset: Intel® 300 Series Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics 620 Display: 21.5'' 1920x1200 RAM: DDR4 PC2400 4GB SSD1: M.2 PLEXTOR (with original Windows 10) SSD2: SATA SAMSUNG 850 EVO (for macOS) Sound: Realtek ALC269 WiFi / BT: Intel 3168 NGW Realtek Card-reader  

Not working
      WiFi: Intel 3168 NGW Realtek Card-reader  

Pre-Installation

I will not go through the basics since it is explained in details here on this site. Briefly, the process is to:
      Get Clover Get Catalina macOS installer Create USB with 2 MBR partitions (FAT32 for Clover and HFS+J for the installer)  

Required kexts
      AppleALC.kext Lilu.kext RealtekRTL8111.kext VirtualSMC.kext WhateverGreen.kext  

Config.plist
      I used the one provided by RehabMan called config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist. Download it from GitHub. It has almost everything you will need with only few edits for audio.
      Edits:
      [CPU] Make sure there is lilcpu=9 setting in boot arguments needed for Kaby Lake R CPU to be recognised correctly. [GPU] Make sure there is a patch GFX0 to IGPU under ACPI->DSDT [GPU] Under Devices->Properties->PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) make sure that the AAPL,ig-platform-id value is 00001B59, and the device-id value is 16590000 [AUDIO] Under Devices->Properties->PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1f,3) set the layout-id to 40 and the device-id to 70A10000 [SMBIOS] Set Mac model ID is iMac19,2  

Notes
      For some reason with latest version of Clover the install partition was not visible. If you run into the same issue you can downgrade Clover to r5103, which worked perfectly. WiFi / BT Intel 3168 NGW needs to be replaced if one needs WiFi. Someone mentioned that to get HDMI work properly you may need to change AAPL,ig-platform-id value to 00001659 for PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) - not my case but may be considered if you get this issue. Don't forget to generate your serial and other SMBUS values before signing in with iCloud services.  

• By MaLd0n
      A very custom DSDT for best experience under macOS. Removed all unused devices, injected all Apple devices, essentials, cosmetics, real improvements. 

-Original DSDT have 167,880 lines and 762kb

DSDT ORIGINAL.aml.zip138.01 kB · 8 downloads

-Patched DSDT have 30,912 lines and 111kb

DSDT PATCHED.aml.zip27.01 kB · 17 downloads

--Hardware--
      Asus ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA

Processor  Intel i9-10980XE

GPU Radeon RX 5700 XT

--DSDT Patches--
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE ID -DMAC -REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDEF -ARTC -IPIC -TIMR -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -XSPI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME  
      --Screenshots-

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others!

We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By MaLd0n

-Wifi card has been replaced with Dell DW1560!
      -I'm using a S145 Model with Intel Core i5-1035G1 IceLake / Intel HD Graphics ICL
      -Update bios/uefi to last version 

*For now we have 2 problems. Wake from sleep and some bugs in trackpad*

--Bios/UEFI config--
      Go to Security tab and disable Secure boot

-IceLake Premade installation Folder (easy way installation)
      https://tinyurl.com/y3tl6xlx

--Clover and OpenCore Folders--
      Just paste EFI folder inside EFI partition
      -OpenCore
      https://tinyurl.com/y3c4rjkr
      -Clover
      https://tinyurl.com/y4496nq8

--Enable Trackpad Dragging Option--
      Go to System Preferences/Accessibility/PointerControl/Trackpad Options and "Enable dragging"

-Bluetooth Broadcom

BrcmBluetoothInjector.zip2.46 MB · 4 downloads

-OcQuirks.efi for Clover (Just replace Drivers folder)

drivers.zip74.57 kB · 4 downloads

--DSDT Patches--

-Patches
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE 12 ID -DMAC -REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -IMEI -EC -PRWs -_DSMs -PNLF -BRIGHTNESS KEYS -I2C -NATIVE USB -ARPT -GFX0 -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -OPERATION REGION GPIO -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -FULL RENAMED DEVICES   --IGPU Patch-- (All credits to Austere.J) Discussion about that HERE

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>             <dict>                 <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>                 <data>AABSig==</data>                 <key>device-id</key>                 <data>UooAAA==</data>                 <key>framebuffer-fbmem</key>                 <data>AACQAA==</data>                 <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>                 <data>AQAAAA==</data>                 <key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key>                 <data>AAAwAQ==</data>                 <key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>                 <data>AAAAgA==</data>                 <key>hda-gfx</key>                 <string>onboard-1</string>                 <key>igfxfw</key>                 <data>AgAAAA==</data>             </dict>  
      --USB Fix-- https://tinyurl.com/y4mqfahz

-ScreenShots

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!   Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Acidanthera Team, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!     We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!