Jump to content
ErmaC

Clover problems report & features request

947 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

 

your log with *efi is good. i want to know com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros40 (WiFi 5Ghz).

i first see Atheros40 5ghz. is it actually working?

 

 

@SavageAUS @Pavo @Badruzeus

this is last test file. i cleaned up source. please test as final before commit.

test6.zip

Will test once I get off work later today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
50 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

 

your log with *efi is good. i want to know com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros40 (WiFi 5Ghz).

i first see Atheros40 5ghz. is it actually working?

 

 

@SavageAUS @Pavo @Badruzeus

this is last test file. i cleaned up source. please test as final before commit.

test6.zip

 

Here I use Atheros wi-fi (TP-link WDN4800) in the 5Ghz network, and this in the Mojave 10.14.1 beta with the kext of the High Sierra 10.13.6

 

1220637873_CapturadeTela2018-10-22s10_46_21.thumb.png.c009dd15ff078de6af365299cdd41c37.png

 

And about NVRAM test6, here everything ok, I have two systems with native NVRAM and only tested on one so far

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here with the version of Clover v4700 and also in the v4717 test, but was with version v4699

The Clover preferences panel does not go dark

 

553359013_CapturadeTela2018-10-22s11_10_37.thumb.png.966f2b8227b380545a2d0a9b3505f5c8.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Here I use Atheros wi-fi (TP-link WDN4800) in the 5Ghz network, and this in the Mojave 10.14.1 beta with the kext of the High Sierra 10.13.6
 
1220637873_CapturadeTela2018-10-22s10_46_21.thumb.png.c009dd15ff078de6af365299cdd41c37.png
 
And about NVRAM test6, here everything ok, I have two systems with native NVRAM and only tested on one so far
 
thank you for testing. did you have 5ghz patch? i want to know 5ghz patch. because i have to arrange patch since snow leopard to mojave

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

thank you for testing. did you have 5ghz patch? i want to know 5ghz patch. because i have to arrange patch since snow leopard to mojave

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
 

 

This patch only:

 

222104628_CapturadeTela2018-10-22s11_18_12.thumb.png.414f2e9ef04b70e7f5d157b71add04f8.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

 

your log with *efi is good. i want to know com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros40 (WiFi 5Ghz).

i first see Atheros40 5ghz. is it actually working?

 

 

@SavageAUS @Pavo @Badruzeus

this is last test file. i cleaned up source. please test as final before commit.

test6.zip

This works, no more freeze, just a auto reboot after clearing nvram. Well done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

 

your log with *efi is good. i want to know com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros40 (WiFi 5Ghz).

i first see Atheros40 5ghz. is it actually working?

 

 

@SavageAUS @Pavo @Badruzeus

this is last test file. i cleaned up source. please test as final before commit.

test6.zip

Test6 working fine here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[mention=112217]Slice[/mention]

i propose kbd-lang option in GUI part in config.plist.

now we use only kbd lang from emuvariable.efi.

if we use aptiomemoryfix.efi or osxaptiov3, not add kbd lang in nvram. therefore if user use other lang, user always see only english in recovery and installer until select lang or etc. and after update macos(when updating installing popup lang always english), we can see mixed lang on restart popup.

like emulvariables efi, can we choice option with native nvram in GUI in config?

 

process(if native NVRAM)

set "ko" language in GUI in config

if language is true, then

check kbd option.

if its true, add kbd in nvram.

 

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

[mention=112217]Slice[/mention]

i propose kbd-lang option in GUI part in config.plist.

now we use only kbd lang from emuvariable.efi.

if we use aptiomemoryfix.efi or osxaptiov3, not add kbd lang in nvram. therefore if user use other lang, user always see only english in recovery and installer until select lang or etc. and after update macos(when updating installing popup lang always english), we can see mixed lang on restart popup.

like emulvariables efi, can we choice option with native nvram in GUI in config?

 

process(if native NVRAM)

set "ko" language in GUI in config

if language is true, then

check kbd option.

if its true, add kbd in nvram.

 

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yes, you may do this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bug continues here. Today I updated the beta that came out today

Even set to "br: 0" which should be "Brazilian" for Brazilian Portuguese, I have still mixed the English language

 

2007374870_CapturadeTela2018-10-23s19_30_38.png.645c3e21b8ca811552236ca9d0739725.png478198811_CapturadeTela2018-10-23s19_33_17.thumb.png.ad7f282a4213f66bab7b8a2c85cdc7b3.png1500863573_CapturadeTela2018-10-23s19_34_24.png.e9d300e45a28deb196044aaa7e84e658.png

 

Clover v4719

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For UEFI we just need to use one Aptio driver, right.. Is it possible disabling multi selections for these?

I mean.. if I checked "Aptio1", then "Aptio2" will be auto-unchecked or vice versa. Thanks.

r4720.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JorgeMax said:
The bug continues here. Today I updated the beta that came out today
Even set to "br: 0" which should be "Brazilian" for Brazilian Portuguese, I have still mixed the English language
 
2007374870_CapturadeTela2018-10-23s19_30_38.png.645c3e21b8ca811552236ca9d0739725.png478198811_CapturadeTela2018-10-23s19_33_17.thumb.png.ad7f282a4213f66bab7b8a2c85cdc7b3.png1500863573_CapturadeTela2018-10-23s19_34_24.png.e9d300e45a28deb196044aaa7e84e658.png
 
Clover v4719

tell me exactly your process. what is your update?
until you update macOS, you have to already taken a key. also show me nvram -p result.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

 

after got off my work, i tested latest beta. there is no problem.

1054212495_2018-10-246_25_11.png.9f1f196ff215a5eb23c838955cffa209.png

 

first, until update macOS, you have to set KbdPreLang option. and set your language again(initialized/one time, no need next time) in Language & Location on macOS setting.

then if release next beta update or official update, you will get only your language like me.

 


 

Edited by Sherlocks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First I cleaned NVRAM, I downloaded the Clover 4719 revision, with "UninstallPKG" I deleted all Clover tracks (I always do this when I update it), add the "KbdPreLang" key and set it to "yes", set the " br: 0 "that proves that this key is the PTBR language, also has the" pt: 0 ", which may be the language of Portugal
Then I formatted the EFI partition in FAT32, I installed Clover always in UEFI mode, I use the driver "OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi".
And then I rebooted the pc, soon after I had to search for new updates (since I saw that the new beta came out)
Dropped and asked to restart, but I saw that the pop-up windows showed in "English"
Completed the update and was merged between the two languages

But this your process of setting the language again before the update I did not do

Terminal Saved Output

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
First I cleaned NVRAM, I downloaded the Clover 4719 revision, with "UninstallPKG" I deleted all Clover tracks (I always do this when I update it), add the "KbdPreLang" key and set it to "yes", set the " br: 0 "that proves that this key is the PTBR language, also has the" pt: 0 ", which may be the language of Portugal

Then I formatted the EFI partition in FAT32, I installed Clover always in UEFI mode, I use the driver "OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi".

And then I rebooted the pc, soon after I had to search for new updates (since I saw that the new beta came out)

Dropped and asked to restart, but I saw that the pop-up windows showed in "English"

Completed the update and was merged between the two languages

But this your process of setting the language again before the update I did not do

Terminal Saved Output

 

osxaptiofix v1 can' t write NVRAM on your system. you have to use osxaptiofix1 with emulvariableuefi efi or only aptiomemoryfixup or osxaptiofix v3.

 

 

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

osxaptiofix v1 can' t write NVRAM on your system. you have to use osxaptiofix1 with emulvariableuefi efi or only aptiomemoryfixup or osxaptiofix v3.

 

 

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

 

 

 

 

I understand. I had already tested with "aptiomemoryfixup", with that I had problems with the clover, running the shell.efi, my keyboard when pressing certain keys, appeared several question marks
With the "emulvariableuefi" I had problems with login in the messages and facetime, I had to remove the same, since I saw that my nvram is native and I did not need it anymore
Since "osxaptiofix v3" I have never tested with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

For UEFI we just need to use one Aptio driver, right.. Is it possible disabling multi selections for these?

I mean.. if I checked "Aptio1", then "Aptio2" will be auto-unchecked or vice versa. Thanks.

r4720.png

No matter and the comment is wrong. These drivers can be installed all togather. Clover will load only driver with highest priority

AptioMemoryFix

OsxAptioFix3Drv

OsxAptioFix2Drv

OsxAptioFix1Drv

OsxLowMemFix

They never interfere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Slice

i propose how about change intelmaxvalue from decimal to hex?

- Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge: 0x0710(1808)
- Haswell/Broadwell: 0x056C(1388)/0x07A1(1953)/0x0AD9(2777)/0x1499(5273)
- Skylake/KabyLake: 0x056C(1388)
- Coffee Lake: 0xFFFF(65535)

 

now, in GUI, intelmaxvalue has limit decimal 4 digits. coffelake intelmaxvalue is 65535(5 digits). Would not it be better to have a more familiar hexadecimal number? in config too.

thanks in advance

 

Edited by Sherlocks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sherlocks said:

@Slice

i propose how about change intelmaxvalue from decimal to hex?

- Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge: 0x0710(1808)
- Haswell/Broadwell: 0x056C(1388)/0x07A1(1953)/0x0AD9(2777)/0x1499(5273)
- Skylake/KabyLake: 0x056C(1388)
- Coffee Lake: 0xFFFF(65535)

 

now, in GUI, intelmaxvalue has limit decimal 4 digits. coffelake intelmaxvalue is 65535(5 digits). Would not it be better to have a more familiar hexadecimal number? in config too.

thanks in advance

 

The procedure GetPropertyInteger already is able to parse Decimal as well as Hex values so you can write hex values in config.

For GUI yes, it should be rewritten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slice said:

The procedure GetPropertyInteger already is able to parse Decimal as well as Hex values so you can write hex values in config.

For GUI yes, it should be rewritten.

 

right. i tested each cases. thanks. what is left bugs? EDID case that i mentioned before?

 

anyone who test fresh install of old macOS(Sierra, High Sierra) on r4721?

apple start that mojave use efi version. so, i want to know whether this rule affect old macos. i don't have a time. if you can, just install or not(firmeware error message when installing)

 

sorry for my bad english

Edited by Sherlocks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

 

right. i tested each cases. thanks. what is left bugs? EDID case that i mentioned before?

 

anyone who test fresh install of old macOS(Sierra, High Sierra) on r4721?

apple start that mojave use efi version. so, i want to know whether this rule affect old macos. i don't have a time. if you can, just install or not(firmeware error message when installing)

 

sorry for my bad english

Sorry, what bug you related?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Slice said:

Sorry, what bug you related?

 

i don't have a bug for my configuration. I've got all the clover bugs I know.

just mentioned this case before. if need, i will debug

 

Edited by Sherlocks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

 

i don't have a bug for my configuration. I've got all the clover bugs I know.

just mentioned this case before. if need, i will debug

 

It is already fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

  • Similar Content

    • By STLVNUB
      *Put the script into its own folder as it will create other folders*
      What is BTB?
      Script file to clone and help build Clover or Opencore repos
      Script will create link to itself in /usr/local/bin/bob
      Script SHOULD fix up any stray bobs you may have.
      Then you only need to type bob. and a parameter
      "a" for ACID repo, official
      "d" for ACID repo DUET build
      "c" for CLOVER
      "e" to erase UDK Folder
      Easier typing bob than.....usual stuff
      YOU WILL NEED TO cmod+x THE SCRIPT
      Enjoy
       
    • By cvad
      View File Bootdisk Utility
      Make bootable USB Flash Disk for MAC OS X with Latest Clover bootloader revision fast and easy by one click! under OS Windows.
      Special utility from cvad & russian MAC community for new hackintosh users.
       
      Enjoy...
       
      For more information and complete instructions please see this topic.
       
      Anyone who likes the program, please support its Community Score.
       
       
      Feel free to "Rate File"
      Submitter cvad Submitted 04/28/2013 Category Bootloaders  
    • By ALGhackintosh
      Hi @chris1111 i have a tenda w311ma usb wireless adapter , i wanted to make it work with my catalina hackintosh so i installed the driver from the official site , the Rt2870driver.kext file and your wireless panel utility but i have a problem : The software dosent always connect to the acess points and when it does , and everything seems to be ok (even in network section of the system preferences ) when i go to safari for example it tells me that im not connected . I tried to connect the pc to my phone using hotspot , same problem in the pc it shows connected to network but in the phone the pc doesnt appear in the list of the connected devices . What to do ? Please help me !
       
×