ErmaC

Clover problems report & features request

963 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, kurbads said:

Did you look at my question before answering it?

29 minutes ago, kurbads said:

It does not say which disk the EFI partition belongs to anywhere.

It does say EFI on Install or EFI on High Sierra HD in Mount EFI section

But it does not say what drive does the EFI partition belongs to nor which which drive does the config.plist belongs

not in acquired configurations list

and not in the file path on status bar

It is not possible to tell which drive the EFI belongs to neither in Finder nor Desktop

Not through the Get Info 

I have created empty folders on each EFI partition with names which tell which is which. 

It is not right. It should be visible in Clover too. You should be able to tell which config.plist you are editing.

At least make the disk volume folder name e.g. EFI on Install instead of EFI 3...

OK, bit confusing sorry :) .. I think your question is this one: CMIIW

"At least make the disk volume folder name e.g. EFI on Install instead of EFI 3..."

1. If what you mean is "Disk volume folder name" to appears on Clover Configurator, so this question should be addressed to @mackie100: CC dev. (Clover Configurator is 3rd party app, I love it, it helps me a lot, but I've to say it's not related to Clover Project, AFAIK)

2. No idea with Volumes info on Finder, it's Apple macOS feature.. nor Clover.

Thanks.

Advertisement
I am sorry that you do not understand how because you only use one disk in your computer.

I however use several. And I can potentially have an EFI partition on USB drive.

It is completely clear that there can be and in my case there are several HDDs and several EFIs from the first screen in my post. 

Did you look at my question before answering it?

Well you have 3 options, none of which belong in this thread.
Option 1. Use 1 EFI partition only.
Option 2. Mount EFI partitions 1 at a time so you know what is what.
Option 3. Take it up with the developer of Clover Configurator as it’s unrelated to clover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, kurbads said:

It does not say which disk the EFI partition belongs to anywhere.

It does say EFI on Install or EFI on High Sierra HD in Mount EFI section

723880003_ScreenShot2018-10-20at17_42_46.png.0d9d96a3e3e71a20e87de34e72a1caf2.png

But it does not say what drive does the EFI partition belongs to nor which which drive does the config.plist belongs

not in acquired configurations list

1363065281_ScreenShot2018-10-20at17_42_54.png.9dc845649de53145af61757fe51e6f1e.png

and not in the file path on status bar

1407601151_ScreenShot2018-10-21at09_35_43.png.a1fd0233675640b465354ef960f0f901.png

It is not possible to tell which drive the EFI belongs to neither in Finder nor Desktop

1354428479_ScreenShot2018-10-21at09_43_27.png.41a151f779aaa1403023092b19d86a61.png

Not through the Get Info 

2084551382_ScreenShot2018-10-21at09_43_41.png.7ad5c13dba5ad26baee30616213087cd.png

I have created empty folders on each EFI partition with names which tell which is which. 

It is not right. It should be visible in Clover too. You should be able to tell which config.plist you are editing.

1928594351_ScreenShot2018-10-21at09_53_47.png.8cf54075da1e7a3707259aa220519e5d.png

At least make the disk volume folder name e.g. EFI on Install instead of EFI 3...

@Badruzeus says: For "Clover Configurator.app, this question should be addressed to @mackie100." it's the right thing to do.

With clover configurator, you can't mount/open EFI Partition at the same time, there is some problems. I test on my system (multi HDD) 

Sorry for my bad english

Edited by Matgen84

29 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

With clover configurator, you can't mount/open EFI Partition at the same time, there is some problems. I test on my system (multi HDD) 

Wait, did you mean mouting multi EFI partitions upon system startup or..? No idea do we need this.

Anyway, have you tried "NVRAM Variable > Force Mount selected EFI..." on Clover pref?

Yeah, OFC you've to get a working NVRAM for sure.

Clover-Pref.png

58 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Wait, did you mean mouting multi EFI partitions upon system startup or..? No idea do we need this.

Anyway, have you tried "NVRAM Variable > Force Mount selected EFI..." on Clover pref?

Yeah, OFC you've to get a working NVRAM for sure.

I answers to @kurbads about Clover Configurator.app. Take a look my comment before react :P :yes: I don't talk about CloverPref pane or what else. @kurbads has mounted several EFI partitions at the same time: look his post :D

8 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Hard freeze again.

Is there anything I can provide to help?

4717 Works fine clearing nvram with F11 at clover GUI on my skylake hack.

strangely zeromem feature is not good in some bios vendor.

try this.

test2.zip

23 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

strangely zeromem feature is not good in some bios vendor.

try this.

test2.zip

Yeiy, working fine with test2:

1. NVRAM properly cleared (I lost my nvda_drv=1, backlight-level, nvram variables related to EFI, Clover.Theme, etc.)

2. No longer get freeze issue upon pressing "F11" key

3. Bootloader entries are still there, not altered or even removed.

Tested with UEFI (AptioMemoryFix) and Legacy as well. All seem good on my case. Thanks.

Edited by Badruzeus

10 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Yeiy, working fine with test2:

1. NVRAM properly cleared (I lost my nvda_drv=1, backlight-level, nvram variables related to EFI, Clover.Theme, etc.)

2. No longer get freeze issue upon pressing "F11" key

3. Bootloader entries are still there, not altered or even removed.

Tested with UEFI (AptioMemoryFix) and Legacy as well. All seem good on my case. Thanks.

thank you for clean report. 

hope fix in system of SavageAUS and Pavo

EDIT1

@Badruzeus

please test test4 file again. i narrowed point of problem.

test4.zip

Edited by Sherlocks

31 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

EDIT1

@Badruzeus

test4.zip

Thanks, it gives similar results as test2, I see no problem (yet)

Thanks, it gives similar results as test2, I see no problem (yet)
okay good. after confirm report of SavageAUS and Pavo, i will commit.
thank you for test. good night

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Just now, Sherlocks said:

okay good. after confirm report of SavageAUS and Pavo, i will commit.
thank you for test. good night

I will test #2 soon and report back, in the middle of a deployment right now, once that's done will test.

I will test #2 soon and report back, in the middle of a deployment right now, once that's done will test.
please test both test2 and test4 files. thanks.

6 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

please test both test2 and test4 files. thanks.

Both test2 and test 4 still has freeze on my system. Both do clear nvram though.

EDIT1

[mention=826765]Badruzeus[/mention]

test4.zip

Test2 was another hard freeze.

Test 4 does not freeze.

Edit: Test4 worked once now freeze twice.

Both test2 and test 4 still has freeze on my system. Both do clear nvram though.

how about old clover? not freeze?

also if press 'R' key, reboot works?

2 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

how about old clover? not freeze?

Before the nvram change, no freeze. Once you added clearnvram.efi method I get freeze, was also getting freeze when using clearnvram.efi module with older clover.

Before the nvram change, no freeze. Once you added clearnvram.efi method I get freeze, was also getting freeze when using clearnvram.efi module with older clover.
yes. in cleannvram logic, zeromem is not good. but we need it to initialize nvram value to find from guid.
now i don't have a idea to resolve issue. hmm.

14 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Test2 was another hard freeze.

Test 4 does not freeze.

Edit: Test4 worked once now freeze twice.

12 hours ago, Pavo said:

i changed logic. try this. if i have a freeze system, it is useful. but i don't have any issue from system.

test5.zip

Edited by Sherlocks

i changed logic. try this. if i have a freeze system, it is useful. but i don't have any issue from system.

test5.zip

Good job, test5 was successful multiple times on my laptop. Will test desktop tomorrow.

Good job, test5 was successful multiple times on my laptop. Will test desktop tomorrow.

great. did you have a problem before in laptop? hope Pavo's system be success. i'm waiting Pavo Report.

great. did you have a problem before in laptop? hope Pavo's system be success. i'm waiting Pavo Report.

Yes previous tests would hard freeze on my haswell laptop but skylake desktop was fine.

1 hour ago, Sherlocks said:

test5.zip

All seem good on my UEFI firmware (AptioMemoryFix), as well as Legacy. I've tried reboot - F11 twice and get no issue.

Did *.efi drivers make any difference related to freeze issue? OK, I included my bdmesg.log 

bdmesg_r4717_test5.zip

Edited by Badruzeus

9 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

All seem good on my UEFI firmware (AptioMemoryFix), as well as Legacy. I've tried reboot - F11 twice and get no issue.

Did *.efi drivers make any difference related to freeze issue? OK, I included my bdmesg.log 

bdmesg_r4717_test5.zip

your log with *efi is good. i want to know com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros40 (WiFi 5Ghz).

i first see Atheros40 5ghz. is it actually working?

@SavageAUS @Pavo @Badruzeus

this is last test file. i cleaned up source. please test as final before commit.

test6.zip