About Just Joined group Read more... ×
ErmaC

Clover problems report & features request

963 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Slice said:

Clover uses order of patches exactly as they written in config.plist.

But some program you used may change the order in their way. Don't use Clover configurator I take no responsibility how it can change config.plist.

I have tried Clover Configurator and Plist Editor but both of them are still sort by A-Z.

I have an ideal about this feature.

Here are the Rename function now:

<dict>
	<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>RenameDevices</key>
		<dict>
			<key>GFX0</key>
			<string>IGPU</string>
		</dict>
	</dict>
</dict>

I hope to change it to this way and it can avoid the default order of the Rename Devices Patch.

<dict>
	<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>RenameDevices</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<string>Rename GFX0 to IGPU</string>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Find</key>
					<string>GFX0</string>
					<key>Rename</key>
					<string>IGPU</string>
				</dict>
			</array>
		</dict>
	</dict>
</dict>

And i also find some rename operation not only exist in Devices but also exist in Methods and Notify so if it possible to make Devices and Methods and Notify rename so we can easily rename Devices Methods and Notify and don't need to find HEX value.

<dict>
	<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Rename</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<string>Rename GFX0 to IGPU</string>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Find</key>
					<string>GFX0</string>
					<key>Rename</key>
					<string>IGPU</string>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>Device</string>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<string>Rename BRT6 to BRTX</string>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Find</key>
					<string>BRT6</string>
					<key>Rename</key>
					<string>BRTX</string>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>Method</string>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<string>Rename BAT0 to BATC</string>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Find</key>
					<string>BAT0</string>
					<key>Rename</key>
					<string>BATC</string>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>Notify</string>
				</dict>
			</array>
		</dict>
	</dict>
</dict>

Thanks.

Edited by gujiangjiang

Advertisement
On 9/10/2018 at 8:13 AM, fusion71au said:

Unfortunately, boot still hangs with problematic FV drivers, even if I use CLOVERX64.efi/BOOTX64.efi from the above post (UEFI booting into my non FV macOS volumes (10.13.6 hfs and 10.14beta10 apfs) on my NUC6i5SYH).

2 problematic r4667 drivers:  

AppleKeyFeeder-64.efi ---> freeze/unresponsive Clover Main Menu GUI

AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi ---> boot hang after launching macOS as shown below...

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_2622.thumb.JPG.37c23d84c737279ee7c567701ad7f9cb.JPG

Deleting both drivers from /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI ---> I can boot again normally with CLOVERX64.efi r4667.

I vote for Clover package installer not selecting these problematic FV drivers by default...

+1 in GUI, movement is slow r4668. i have AppleKeyFeeder-64.efi and AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi. i don't have AptioFixInput and don't use FV2.

10 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

+1 in GUI, movement is slow r4668. i have AppleKeyFeeder-64.efi and AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi. i don't have AptioFixInput and don't use FV2.

Sorry I am not clear what is slow?

Sorry I am not clear what is slow?
hi Slice. if press right button on keyboard in GUI, cursor moved line to down. this movement is slower than before. i don't have this problem before.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

17 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

17 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

hi Slice. if press right button on keyboard in GUI, cursor moved line to down. this movement is slower than before. i don't have this problem before.

As you don't use FV2 then you can safely remove all AppleKey***.

With the latest AppleSupportPkg compiled from GitHub master branch I get a black background in the EFI login screen (I am using FileVault 2). The users and password box are drawn OK, just the background image is missing. Does anyone else have this issue?

1 hour ago, dgsga said:

With the latest AppleSupportPkg compiled from GitHub master branch I get a black background in the EFI login screen (I am using FileVault 2). The users and password box are drawn OK, just the background image is missing. Does anyone else have this issue?

Interesting finding, I'll check it 

Did u use 10.14 beta 11?

Edited by savvamitrofanov

1 hour ago, savvamitrofanov said:

Interesting finding, I'll check it 

Did u use 10.14 beta 11?

I did indeed!

I have the problem on the latest Mojave build (18A389) using Xcode 10 to compile. If I revert to the last Release build of AppleSupportPkg all works fine.

Edited by dgsga

Hi,

Have current clover 4658. When I try to use DumpUefiCalls.efi it does not work together with ApfsDriverLoader.efi - clover boot menu is empty, no bootable partitions shown. Is it supposed to be so?

10x

On 9/16/2018 at 11:10 AM, Sherlocks said:

hi savv. still develop AppleImageLoader for replacement of osxfatbinary?

oh, so i must delete osxfatbinary if i use AppleImageLoader?

Today when i updated Clover to r4674 and it cant boot and show this.

Start
Start OSName

IMG_9537.thumb.jpg.7fe275641d092d3ce59d3838f78f9a61.jpg

After many times test i found it related with UsbKbDxe-64.efi.

If i delete the UsbKbDxe-64 efi then can boot normally and when i put UsbKbDxe-64.efi into Driver64UEFI and it show above error log again.

So i want to know does this driver not ompitable for the new os or it has conflict when the other drivers.

I use all the Clover Driver64UEFI excpt these below:

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64
CsmVideoDxe-64
OsxLowMemFixDrv-64
OsxAptioFix3Drv-64
SMCHelper-64
OsxAptioFixDrv-64
EmuVariableUefi-64

And i found 3 groups similar drivers related with input.

AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleKeyFeeder-64.efi
AptioInputFix-64.efi
Ps2MouseDxe-64.efi
UsbKbDxe-64.efi
UsbMouseDxe-64.efi

And the UsbKbDxe-64.efi cause my problem.

So does it needed to clean some drivers if it redundant or comfilict.

Thanks. 

Edited by gujiangjiang

My keyboard is not working in clover 4674!
I can t boot any os.

Default drivers + emuVariable (efi drivers, no bios drivers)

Was working on 4658, i have an ami bios, laptop.

6 hours ago, gujiangjiang said:

Today when i updated Clover to r4674 and it cant boot and show this.

Start
Start OSName

So does it needed to clean some drivers if it redundant or comfilict.

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, kylon said:

My keyboard is not working in clover 4674!
I can t boot any os.

Default drivers + emuVariable (efi drivers, no bios drivers)

Was working on 4658, i have an ami bios, laptop.

Try deleting problematic FV2 drivers (AppleKeyFeeder-64.efi, AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi) as mentioned in this post.  Unfortunately, these new drivers are selected by default by the standard Clover package installer...

— Doctor, doctor, it hurts when I do like this, please help me.

— Alright, do not do it like this, and it will not hurt :)

Really, if you have some hidden love in FV2 drivers, it could be understood, but the only thing you do is taking devs' time trying to understand wtf your issue is. Do not use the drivers until you really need FV2. End of the story.

@fusion71au

Thanks i ll try, but 4658 is working with these drivers.

[mention=1135927]vit9696[/mention]

Yeah, but clover should not add problematic drivers by default

The default should be needed things to boot on most pcs, you can always add more drivers if you need them...

Anyway we will know when i try again

— Doctor, doctor, it hurts when I do like this, please help me.
— Alright, do not do it like this, and it will not hurt

Really, if you have some hidden love in FV2 drivers, it could be understood, but the only thing you do is taking devs' time trying to understand wtf your issue is. Do not use the drivers until you really need FV2. End of the story.

The Fv2 drivers are selected as default, even if they are not installed they are still checked to install on the next clover update. This is where the issue is. Maybe clover can be made to detect FV2 and check them or if no FV2 then uncheck them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By MaLd0n
      -OpenCore Vanilla TUTORIAL-

-USB Port Mapping TUTORIAL-

1 -Create a USB bootable

Create your usb installer, use this tool and download Catalina or Big Sur from Apple servers

Catalina
      installScript_allfullapp.zip

Big Sur
      installScript_1016fullapp.zip

Credits: crazybirdy

Copy Catalina / Big Sur installer to Applications folder, open terminal and run

Catalina

Big Sur

If you want check one step by step, check here

-Opencore Vanilla Tutorial
      https://tinyurl.com/ycvcnp8h

2- EFI folder USB installation

-EFI OpenCore Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition in your USB STICK
      https://tinyurl.com/ybwr9kq3

-EFI Clover Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition in your USB STICK
      https://tinyurl.com/yxsw7d3t

3- EFI folder SSD

-EFI OpenCore Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition SSD 
      https://tinyurl.com/ybwr9kq3

-EFI Clover Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition SSD
      https://tinyurl.com/yxsw7d3t

4- Start Fine Tune

Run this app and post full dump here for full ACPI solution

RunMe.app
      https://tinyurl.com/y9562hz7

If you like a SSDT way, here we go
      SSDT-OLARILA.aml.zip

5- USB Solution

Use these kexts, enable XHCI port limit patch

USB INTEL SERIE 400.zip

and follow this tutorial for remap USB ports

--DSDT PATCHES--

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE ID -DMAC -REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM -REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDEF -ARTC -IPIC -TIMR -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -kUSBCompanionIndex -io-device-location -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -ACPI-WAKE-GPE -DTGP -HDMI / HDAU  
      --SCREENSHOTS--

-If you want to buy me a beer - Donations with PayPal
      https://tinyurl.com/r2bvzm7

Big Thanks to XLR and your Badass Motherboard, Ultrafast CPU, Coolest Heatsink, Huge Graphics Card, Tonnes of RAM,
      Gigantic Hard Drive, Lightspeed Disk Burner, Professional Sound Card, Massive LCD Display.

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others!

We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By Nomade
      Hello All,

It's been a while that I am trying to update my system to 10.15.16.
      The install seem to start, then at reboot time I only see the Normal boot and the Recovery option from the Clover boot menu.
      None of those 2 allow to complete the update.

Is there any ways to force it to install and/or show the "Update" option on the Clover boot screen?

PS: I'm using Z97-Gaming-3
    • By Damx
      The specs CPU: Intel® Core™ i3 Processor 8130U, 2.20 GHz (Kaby Lake Refresh) Chipset: Intel® 300 Series Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics 620 Display: 21.5'' 1920x1200 RAM: DDR4 PC2400 4GB SSD1: M.2 PLEXTOR (with original Windows 10) SSD2: SATA SAMSUNG 850 EVO (for macOS) Sound: Realtek ALC269 WiFi / BT: Intel 3168 NGW Realtek Card-reader  

Not working
      WiFi: Intel 3168 NGW Realtek Card-reader  

Pre-Installation

I will not go through the basics since it is explained in details here on this site. Briefly, the process is to:
      Get Clover Get Catalina macOS installer Create USB with 2 MBR partitions (FAT32 for Clover and HFS+J for the installer)  

Required kexts
      AppleALC.kext Lilu.kext RealtekRTL8111.kext VirtualSMC.kext WhateverGreen.kext  

Config.plist
      I used the one provided by RehabMan called config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist. Download it from GitHub. It has almost everything you will need with only few edits for audio.
      Edits:
      [CPU] Make sure there is lilcpu=9 setting in boot arguments needed for Kaby Lake R CPU to be recognised correctly. [GPU] Make sure there is a patch GFX0 to IGPU under ACPI->DSDT [GPU] Under Devices->Properties->PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) make sure that the AAPL,ig-platform-id value is 00001B59, and the device-id value is 16590000 [AUDIO] Under Devices->Properties->PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1f,3) set the layout-id to 40 and the device-id to 70A10000 [SMBIOS] Set Mac model ID is iMac19,2  

Notes
      For some reason with latest version of Clover the install partition was not visible. If you run into the same issue you can downgrade Clover to r5103, which worked perfectly. WiFi / BT Intel 3168 NGW needs to be replaced if one needs WiFi. Someone mentioned that to get HDMI work properly you may need to change AAPL,ig-platform-id value to 00001659 for PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) - not my case but may be considered if you get this issue. Don't forget to generate your serial and other SMBUS values before signing in with iCloud services.  

• By MaLd0n
      A very custom DSDT for best experience under macOS. Removed all unused devices, injected all Apple devices, essentials, cosmetics, real improvements. 

-Original DSDT have 167,880 lines and 762kb

DSDT ORIGINAL.aml.zip138.01 kB · 8 downloads

-Patched DSDT have 30,912 lines and 111kb

DSDT PATCHED.aml.zip27.01 kB · 17 downloads

--Hardware--
      Asus ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA

Processor  Intel i9-10980XE

GPU Radeon RX 5700 XT

--DSDT Patches--
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE ID -DMAC -REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDEF -ARTC -IPIC -TIMR -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -XSPI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME  
      --Screenshots-

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others!

We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By MaLd0n

-Wifi card has been replaced with Dell DW1560!
      -I'm using a S145 Model with Intel Core i5-1035G1 IceLake / Intel HD Graphics ICL
      -Update bios/uefi to last version 

*For now we have 2 problems. Wake from sleep and some bugs in trackpad*

--Bios/UEFI config--
      Go to Security tab and disable Secure boot

-IceLake Premade installation Folder (easy way installation)
      https://tinyurl.com/y3tl6xlx

--Clover and OpenCore Folders--
      Just paste EFI folder inside EFI partition
      -OpenCore
      https://tinyurl.com/y3c4rjkr
      -Clover
      https://tinyurl.com/y4496nq8

--Enable Trackpad Dragging Option--
      Go to System Preferences/Accessibility/PointerControl/Trackpad Options and "Enable dragging"

-Bluetooth Broadcom

BrcmBluetoothInjector.zip2.46 MB · 4 downloads

-OcQuirks.efi for Clover (Just replace Drivers folder)

drivers.zip74.57 kB · 4 downloads

--DSDT Patches--

-Patches
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE 12 ID -DMAC -REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -IMEI -EC -PRWs -_DSMs -PNLF -BRIGHTNESS KEYS -I2C -NATIVE USB -ARPT -GFX0 -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -OPERATION REGION GPIO -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -FULL RENAMED DEVICES   --IGPU Patch-- (All credits to Austere.J) Discussion about that HERE

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>             <dict>                 <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>                 <data>AABSig==</data>                 <key>device-id</key>                 <data>UooAAA==</data>                 <key>framebuffer-fbmem</key>                 <data>AACQAA==</data>                 <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>                 <data>AQAAAA==</data>                 <key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key>                 <data>AAAwAQ==</data>                 <key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>                 <data>AAAAgA==</data>                 <key>hda-gfx</key>                 <string>onboard-1</string>                 <key>igfxfw</key>                 <data>AgAAAA==</data>             </dict>  
      --USB Fix-- https://tinyurl.com/y4mqfahz

-ScreenShots

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!   Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Acidanthera Team, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!     We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!