Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
theosxnoob

High Sierra - Immediate Wake from Sleep (Gigabyte Z97, 4790k, 1080ti)

5 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I am currently running on OS X 10.13.1 (High Sierra) and everything works perfectly, besides sleep... I've scoured the internet for an answer but can't figure out how to force my computer to stay asleep (seriously, it's like an infant that's consumed too much sugar). Keeping the computer on 24/7 is wasting so much energy.

Here are my specifications:

• CPU: I7-4790k (Haswell)
  • Memory: 32gb DDR3
  • GPU: Nvidia 1080ti Gigabyte
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI 
  • Network Card: TP-Link Archer T9E (PCI-E Wireless AC)
  • Cooler: Corsair H110i GTX (Corsair Link Connected to USB Header)
  • HDD: 4 SSD's
  • Other Accessories: Oculus Rift, C920 Webcam, Yeti USB Microphone

Here are the Kexts/items I've installed into the computer:

• Clover (UEFI Boot Mode), Drivers (VoodooHDA V2. 9.0d10), 3rd Party SATA, FakeSMC, FakeSMC Plugins, 3rd Party USB 3.0, 7/8/9 Series USB Support, NVIDIA Web Drivers Boot Flag

Here is the output of "pmset -g assertions":  https://imgur.com/a/Zo4kG

Here is what I've done so far:

• Changes Standby, Autopoweroff, StandbyDelay values
  • Went to BIOS, disabled Wake on Lan Option
  • Changed the darkwake settings to darkwake = no and darkwake = 8,9..
  • Cried myself to sleep out of frustration

At the moment, I turned the hibernatemode to 25 and that seems to shut the computer down automatically. The downside to this is, I need to wait for the computer to completely boot up each time it goes into Hibernate..

Advertisement

3rd Party SATA, FakeSMC Plugins, 3rd Party USB 3.0, 7/8/9 Series USB Support, NVIDIA Web Drivers Boot Flag

I don't know what they mean. Attach EFI folder. What Clover version are you using?

Read the rules, carefully. Especially this part:

Discussion of commercial spin-offs of the OSx86 scene is allowed if it’s to understand their existence, but no discussion of how to use them, nor any support for these commercial spin-offs are allowed as they are not in the spirit of the OSx86 scene. Example of commercial spin-off: tonymacx86.

Do a clean install with supported methods, tony's beasts make a mess with kexts an settings on config.plist. That's probably why you're having issues with sleep.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By midi-sama
      After a long time of cooking this computer up with a lot of stuff, I'm finally releasing my guide for this P50 with OpenCore.

Lenovo ThinkPad P50 macOS Install with OpenCore

This thread may be used for questions/corrections/additions. Good Luck.
    • By RyzenDude
      Hi everyone,
      Today I finished my High Sierra install with OpenCore. I got everything up and running but I can't seem te get rid of this text on te boot screen while booting up. Does anyone have a solution to this?
      Thanks in advance!
      Hardware:
      CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
      GPU: GTX 980
      RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz
      Motherboard: ASUS EX-A320M-GAMING
      Audio Codec: AppleALC
      Ethernet Card: Realtek RTL8111
      Bootloader: OpenCore 0.5.5

• By Poirot
      I have a Vanilla Catalina issue….with a different twist.  Installation/upgrade went fine, just took a loooooooong time as I was working from a cloned Mojave external USB hard drive.  Boots just fine, and all my apps seem happy.  Here lies the twist....Sleep/wake.  It will sleep and stay asleep just fine.  The issue is with waking up:

Under Clover with FakeSMC, it would wake, but not accept my password. ??????  Ok, its clover....
      Under Clover 0.5.5 with VitrualSMC, it would wake, but with no video signal/crash.  Again, its clover...
      Under OpenCore 0.5.5 with VirtualSMC, it would wake, but with no video signal/crash, and no crash log.
      Under OpenCore 0.5.5 with FakeSMC, it sleeps, it wakes,....and accepts my password!!!!   Only once.  The next time it went to sleep, it would wake, but not accept my password.  HUH??????

Kinda strange.  For the most part I have just stuck with Mojave.  I was waiting for the next build of OC, but I may just use OC builder myself and see if the latest solves any issue, as I see there have been quite a few updates to the project.  In the mean time…..suggestions?  I have attached an image of the efi.

Specs:
      Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme
      Intel 9900K, stuck @ 4.9Ghz
      Sapphire RX590 Nitro+
      Corsair AX1200i
      32GB Corsair Dominator Ram
      Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL

Poirot

• By hacking2apple
      It's been known that there is indeed support for VGA in Coffe Lake and that support for prior iGPUs was deprecated as the VGA port was removed since Sierra. However, using port patches in Devices Properties (Open Core), I made the VGA port to work again with graphics acceleration.
      But there's a catch, the port is glitchy. Once macOS displays the accounts, you can see the Enter Password box with the blur effect. But after some seconds, the whole display will turn to another color (depends on the background). I'm not sure why that happens.
      I would suggest learning what are Ports, Connectors, Indexes, Types, and BusIDs before continuing, otherwise, you would get lost.
      These are the patches that are supposed to enable the VGA port according to the Whatevergreen Intel guide:
      06020000 02000000 30000000 // Option 1 06020000 01000000 30000000 // Option 2 None of those ports seem to work. The first problem is that the Index is 6, which does not make any sense as the Azul framebuffer only supports up to 3 Indexes (software ports). So we first have to change the Index for the VGA port on your motherboard, which is 2 (physical port is 0x06)) for me.
      So that means that the target port is the Index 2, which is 02040A00 00040000 87000000.
      bus-id 4 is for DP so we would change that to 2, which is VGA. That is according to what Hackintool says. I also proved other bus-ids but none of the other ones seem to work.
      I have no idea what pipe does so I just type zeros.
      I think pipe is basically another way group ports. So later I changed that to 10, which is 0A in hex. That means pipe remains the same as it was originally.  02020A00 01000000 87000000
      The next part is the connector-type, for which I used 02000000.
      I tried the VGA connector-types that Hackintool suggested but I noted some weird differences whereas 02000000 and 01000000 seem to work okay.
      Finally, I don't know what flags do so I tried with 30000000 and 87000000. The only difference is that with 87000000 I'd gain more seconds before the whole screen turns to another color.

This is the final configuration:
      AAPL,ig-platform-id <0300220D> framebuffer-con1-alldata <02020A00 0100000 87000000> framebuffer-con1-enable <01000000> framebuffer-patch-enable <01000000> This is the video proof:
      https://i.imgur.com/bd6jtFh.mp4

macOS Catalina 10.15.3
      Kexts: Whatevergreen 1.3.7
      Boot loader: OpenCore 0.5.6
      PC Specs:
      Intel Core i5 4460
      Intel HD Graphics 4600
      ECS H81H3-M4
      4GB RAM DDR3
      bd6jtFh.mp4