I've successfully installed High Sierra (10.13.0) on my system using Clover:
2x Intel Xeon E5410
Everything is running fine except the GPU. I've tried the web driver's latest version and 322.214.171.124.25.106 but both are very laggy/sluggish.
I've also tried installing Lilu and nVidiaGraphicsFixUp kexts but they didn't change anything.
Have someone managed to make this card work with High Sierra?
Patched OSInstaller.framework to allow macOS 10.13 installation on MBR partition.
To use those patched files you must follow HowTo-10.13.x to create an USB installer. You can't just run the app downloaded from Mac App Store.
The patch is made base on 落下爱@pcbeta 10.10.x MBR patch method, and more patch for 10.13 Firmware check by crazybirdy.
What is this patched OSInstaller doing? 1. Patch the MBR check, allow macOS 10.14 installation on MBR partition.
2. Patch the Firmware check, bypass the error of "An error occurred while verifying firmware".
3. This patched MBR OSInstaller method works with both MBR and GPT partition (GPT+recovery).
No longer need to set new SMbiosversion, FirmwareFeatures, and FirmwareFeaturesMask with this MBR-patch.
How to make 10.13 installer for MBR?
Read HowTo-10.13.x.txt inside the zip file first, different with 10.12.
Read HowTo Q/A Q7. How to install in different computer with only one USB partition?
Read HowTo Q/A Q8. How to update 10.13.x combo-update to MBR without downloading the full installer app again?
Read HowTo Q/A Q9. How to update 10.13.x combo-update to MBR and GPT with installScript directly?
Just use 13MBRinstallerMaker to make installer, it works with both MBR and GPT.
And, need a SMBIOS supported with /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist.
Clover r4542 ISO compiled with GCC and minimal config.plist compatible for use in VMWare Workstation.
Tested with unlocked Workstation 14 running OSX 10.9 -->10.14 guest in Windows X64 host.
1. Download and unzip "EFI_Clover_r4542 for VMware.zip". Mount Clover-v2.4k-4542-X64.iso by double clicking on it.
2. Mount your VM's EFI System Partition eg in terminal
sudo diskutil mount disk0s1
3. Copy EFI folder from step 1 into the EFI partition
4. Shutdown the VM, add bios.bootDelay = "3000" to your VM's vmx file
5. Reboot your VM, press <F2> to access the VMware Boot Manager and add CLOVERX64.efi to the boot menu.
Substitute your own unique and valid MLB and ROM variables in the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (Rt Variables section) to activate iMessage/Facetime on your VM.