obov

10.13 -- A Possible Solution to Black Screen (No Signal) before Login Involving Nvidia Graphics Card

1 post in this topic

Hello everyone!  This is a new user to InsanelyMac, although I've built my Hackintosh long ago with the information on this forum :D

But it seems like the problem I encountered has no solution posted here, I would like to share my solution to that. 

I have an i7 6700k, a GIGABYTE Z170 motherboard (though these two are not important at all in this problem), and a GTX970. I recently updated my Hackintosh from 10.11 to 10.13.1 (I think it should also work for 10.13) through App Store. The system was successfully installed, but I found that it was impossible to log in the system with my GTX970 plugged in -- it always led to black screen (no signal) before the login screen was shown. 

There are some discussion on InsanelyMac, but none of the solutions proposed worked for me. Here are my experiments:

• Since I am using iMac 15, 1 SMBIOS, I manually modified the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext so that it would not use the "Config2," or I can't even boot into the system with my IGFX (as we all know, it causes black screen / no signal before login).  AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext is NOT the cause of the problem in my case, although they have the same symptom; before using this solution, check your SMBIOS and AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext.
  • I also put Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in my Clover, but since they do the same thing as manually modifying Info.plist, I don't think it really matters here.
  • In case of installing a broken Web Driver to my Hackintosh, I enabled SIP before the installation of Nvidia driver. It seemed like it worked: the first time I installed the Web Driver with SIP disabled, as well as after I accidentally removed a kext from /S/L/E and broke the driver, it produced a "gIOScreenLockState 3" problem. One of my guesses: the "gIOScreenLockState 3" is due to a broken or disabled (i.e. forgot to add NvidiaWeb in Clover config) web driver.
  • NVwebDriverLibValFix.kext has no effect. It changed nothing but caused reboot before login when I was using IGFX. 

At last, I tried injecting a fake ID for Nvidia (0x00000000) and it WORKS! Go to "Devices" section in Clover Configurator (if you use it) and put 0x00000000 to "NVidia" in the "Fake ID" section, or modify the text of Config.plist like this:

<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>FakeID</key>
		<dict>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<string>0x00000000</string>
		</dict>
	</dict>

Then save, reboot. It should work if you have the same problem with me. 

Hope this help. If you have any question, leave a reply. I would be glad if I can help someone solve the problem. 

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By FZSX
      Hello, im FZ, been in hackintosh community since mac os X lion years. Please consider me noob. i have helped hackintoshed pc of my friends and family. i ran el capitan, sierra, high sierra on below spec.
      I lost some interest in hackintoshing from past 1 year now im back again cuz of mojave.
      Lets start.

I posted this issue in Nvidia Topic for discussion but decided not to post until i could get some bug log out of it... but. eh.

Well ive Kepler based gt 710 card.
      Issues:
      Black Screen when booting with default drivers or nvda_drv=1 mode
      OR
      White/Grey Screen with 1 sec mouse movement then freezed keyboard and mouse with nv_disable=1.

Tested:
      tried numerous ways to boot Mojave but does not works such as >
      High Sierra/Sierra default Apple geforce nvda kexts, High Sierra Web Drivers, various clover configs, display edids, HDMI dvi port tests... so on.

Specs:
      Tri Boot Setup:
      Windows 10, Sierra(gt 710 works OOB, or with Web Drivers too), Mojave.
      ASUS P5G41TM LX
      Core2Duo E8500
      Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GT 710 2GB

I couldn't managed to get logs as half part of installation is still incomplete i.e Mojave installed from USB to HDD after but cant get into login/setup screen due to above mentioned black screen issue.

I will try to be as detailed as possible.

i had no mac device or any macos dmg/iso to install mojave so performed some steps in windows.

Steps i performed:
      1. I downloaded Mojave 10.14.1 iso file from Olarila.com which is a complete raw image of Mojave USB stick as the post title says **The image is clean, without any mod with Clover bootloader, essentials kexts and patches inside Clover folder**. Which comes with this OLIRALA_MOJAVE_USB_EFI.zip which i backed up(see attachment OLIRALA_MOJAVE_USB_EFI.zip)
      2. made usb in windows with win32diskimager
      3. booted from usb and got kernel panic 
      4. swapped usb EFI folder with Olarila Clover EFI for LGA 775 (see attachment CLOVER.LGA775.OLARILA.zip)
      5. booted from usb susccesfully till install screen but throws macOs Mojave could not be installed on this computer
      6. i was fed up trying workarounds , i knew i need newer mac ids in clover config.plist to make it install 
      7. i downloaded Olarila Sierra from same site flashed in another usb stick and it worked out of box without messing any kext or kind.
      8. added SMBIOS iMac13,1 in config.plist with clover configurator. 
      9. booted from usb and succesfully installed Mojave with HFS+ partition on MBR partitioned HDD(dual booting with windows 10) 
      10. booted from usb to complete partial installation of Mojave but got black screen. 

For getting all kernel, bug, kext logs i tried Problem Reporting script of Black Dragon which requires active internet connection which is not possible, I tried to mod the script to run local but im not good at bash and it went in errors. I will do provide mojave logs manually from single user -x mode if i can.
      https://github.com/black-dragon74/OSX-Debug

some other files
      DSDT.aml.zip
      preboot.log
      currentCloverEFI.zip

• By capt1701a
      Hi,

I'm new to the world of hackintosh and need some advice on how to get my Nvidia card 960 working as when High Sierra loads I have only 7mb, If I inject the Nvidia it goes to the resolution I want but then I have 0mb.  
      The High Sierra Version is 10.13.6 17G65. I have installed the latest nvidia driver and cuda driver 
      387.10.10.10.40.105 I have tried in clover configurator and ticking nvidia=1 as suggest on some forums but then I end up with a blurred background and no login box and the system hangs, If I upgrade to the latest version of clover 4741, i jest get a black screen before I get to the menu options so I am currently using 4463

if it helps the motherboard is a gigabytes z170 xp-sli with an intel 660k 
      High sierra is being install on an external 128GB SSD
      Thanks for you help

• By fusion71au
      Clover r4747 ISO compiled with GCC and minimal config.plist compatible for use in VMWare Workstation.

Tested with unlocked Workstation 15 running OSX 10.9 -->10.14 guest in Windows X64 host.

Installation
      1. Download and unzip "EFI_Clover_r4747 for VMware.zip". Mount Clover-v2.4k-4747-X64 by double clicking on it.
      2. Mount your VM's EFI System Partition eg in terminal
      sudo diskutil mount disk0s1   3. Copy EFI folder from step 1 into the EFI partition
      4. Shutdown the VM, add bios.bootDelay = "3000" to your VM's vmx file
      5. Reboot your VM, press <F2> to access the VMware Boot Manager and add CLOVERX64.efi to the boot menu.

Substitute your own unique and valid MLB and ROM variables in the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (Rt Variables section) to activate iMessage/Facetime on your VM.
    • By Dmitry R
      Hi guys, stuck on problem of switching on my TV back from off state. I have asus H270f strix mobo with i7-6700K CPU (HD530), Clover 4722 and latest whatevergreen and lilu. I installed 10.14.1 on it and it works fine.  the m/b has dp, hdmi and dvi on board. I'm using dp + dp<->hdmi adapter to connect my mac to 4k tv which I'm using as a primary monitor. This connection supports 4k@60hz and I'm happy with the detailed and sharp picture I see on my tv. The problem is that when I get out for a while then, when I come back, I see my tv turned off by timeout and when I turn it back on, I see only the black screen. The computer works, I prevented it from going to sleep. To see the picture again on my tv I have to go to another computer, then, using screen sharing, I have to connect to my computer and then I have to choose couple of times different refresh rates in System Preferences -> Displays. After that I go back to my tv, see the picture and can continue to work. I made a edid report for my tv. may be somebody knows how to use this data to make my mac to wake up the tv correct way?
      Thank you, Dmitry
      43UHD_LCD_TV.txt.zip