romaincs

CloverEFI BiosBlockIO rev>4077 hangs at "Scanning entries"

17 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with the lastest clover revision that I did not had with rev. 4077 using BiosBlockIO.

Clover hangs at "Scanning entries...". To be able to boot, I must install without using BiosBlockIO but Sata instead.

I'd like to use BiosBlockIO as I have RocketRaid 2720SGL that is faster than my Rampage 3 Extreme ICH10 controller (the same is true with Marvell controller) and is only bootable with this option.

If I revert back to rev 4077, it does not hang...

Is anyone having an idea about this issue ?

Thanks

Advertisement

Thanks for you answer chris1111 !

I looked at it, but sadly it won't help as the issue is before the loading of the OS... :(

I can't get to the Clover GUI as it hang at scanning entries if I install clover with BiosBlockIO boot file.

Thanks for you answer chris1111 !

I looked at it, but sadly it won't help as the issue is before the loading of the OS... :(

I can't get to the Clover GUI as it hang at scanning entries if I install clover with BiosBlockIO boot file.

and without BlockIO ? Only Boot64 +boo0af

With CloverEFI 64-bits BiosBlockIO + boot0af -> Hang at Scanning entries.

With CloverEFI 64-bits SATA + boot0af -> I get to clover GUI but my RocketRaid controller is not bootable, it would be bootable with BiosBlockIO (as I did before Clover rev. > 4077).

Thanks for you input smolderas !

Is that option makes boot on first sata port ? If it is, it won't solve my problem.

I have to get clover looking at Bios boot entries, not SATA ones. It is the only way I'm aware of to keep raid features and boot from the RocketRaid board. :(

@romaincs,

Maybe a toolchain/compilation or edk2 problem.  

You can try replacing your "boot" file with the attached Clover r4293 boot7 compiled with GCC53 in Linux (vs boot7 compiled with XCODE5 toolchain).

Worst case scenario:  keep your Clover "boot"/boot7 file from r4077 and only manually update CLOVERX64.efi and BOOTX64.efi.

boot7_GCC53.zip

boot7_XCODE5.zip

So, no luck with this... It is a bit strange...

I decided to open my box, and unplugged all drives on the SAS controller, and it does not hang anymore...

If I only plug my system drive back, it does not hang too.

I'm digging into this...

Another strange issue, may be related, is about USB keyboard in CloverGUI: If I plug my optical sata devices onto my ICH10, keyboard won't work... If I plug them on Marvell controller, the keyboard works..

May be I should play flashing my bios... Any recommanded version for R3E and Clover ?

It start to drive nuts :rofl:

Edited by romaincs

As soon as I plug a second HDD/SSD on the SAS, clover hang at ".... scan entries ...".

If I leave only OSX SSD, it works fine...

Again, it used to work with rev 4077 and don't with higher rev's.

as the boot files does not resolve this, even the 4077 one, it must be on the efi files side... or may be apfs.efi ?...

Thanks UcaUca, I do not have UEFI on my board, but I gave it a try and.... nope... :(

Is there a way to get a log to know what happened before "....scan entries..." ? It could bring some light on what the issue is...

Ok no problem. Than the solution could be easy. Try what I explained in the video. This way you disable Scanning entries entirely, but you have to tell clover by a custom entry, what drive to boot from. In the big list with the UUID, obviously you'll have to choose your boot partition (I wasn't sure thats why I was hibernating there :D)

For Users experiencing similar issue: This workaround does not necessarily work in conjunction with VBoxHfs-64.efi. In that case, its easier to switch to HFSPlus.efi which doesn't require the workaround at all. 

​Clover in general doesn't like RAIDs that much. Its not about using them as boot drives, more about passing them during boot process.

EDIT: A wait, you mean, you want to boot from that Rocket card? Hm... than this workaround might not work for you as its intention is to make clover not SEE it. Or... Are you booting of a RAID or a single drive? If it is a single drive, you should give it a try.

SkipScanEntries.mp4.zip

It is a single drive (SSD) on the SAS controller. If I leave only this drive on the controller, it won't hang. But if I plug a drive, even single drive (not a raid array) it hang again...

I will make a clone of my boot drive to play in depth with it without breaking all my stuff.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By h2onions
      Hey all,

First Hackintosh that I think I have completed! I've been working on it on and off for a month, but just grinded it this past weekend. I just have a small QOL issue. I have posted in the r/Hackintosh reddit, but have not gotten a reply to this specific issue, but did for other issues I was having. I also posted at tonymacx86 and was getting replies for other issues I was having, but got banned because I said, "used VM, but didn't work" in my OP I think ...

I followed a PC vanilla guide from r/Hackintosh that I found as I did not have an Apple system. One monitor connected to a GTX 1080, CPU: i7-8700, Coffee Lake. Motherboard is Alienware specific 0VDT73, with chipset Z370.

The issue is every time High Sierra boots up and gets to the login screen, my keyboard and mouse do not work. I only have to reseat both and then they work the whole time until I restart. They are both plugged into USB2.0 ports. I do have Lilu, WhateverGreen, USBInjectAll, and VoodooPS2 installed in my /Library/Extensions folder using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Mouse and Keyboard work fine each time I boot to Clover (USB). Any ideas?

Thank you!
      Working: NVIDIA using (One) DisplayPort, USB3.0 (rear), USB-C (rear), USB2.0 (rear), Audio, Ethernet
    • By vin047
      Hi, have an old Asrock X58 Deluxe motherboard with an i7-920 Nehalem CPU (yes old board ) + AMD RX460 . As per the title, i've managed to get Mojave installed and running with Speed Step working too!

Final issue i'm having is with sleep - it sleeps fine and even responds to keyboard/mouse event, but instead of waking up to the desktop it restarts and loads from BIOS boot screen. When finally booted into macos, it restores as if restored from unexpected shutdown (though no error is shown).

I've tried for days to get it working, sometimes depending on clover config changes, I can get it to wake up without reboot, but it just remains at a black screen and is unresponsive. 

I have no custom DSDT, i've tried writing one but don't know really know what i'm looking for? Currently relying on clover patches. I've uploaded my original DSDT (dumped from Clover, F4 option) + current config. Anyone have any ideas?
      dsdt original.zip
      config.plist.zip
    • By Reel
      All work except camera
      You need SwitchResX that the screen does not freeze

• By Utku
      Hi guys, I have a big problem for VT -x. I tried any things for example: dark=0 or already bios option is virtualization is enable. I don't understand this problem.

Thanks guys!! And yes I have intel Q8400 quad core cpu, motherboard is Asus asus p5g41c-m lx.

• By RougeOne
      Budget Workstation MacOS 10.14.1 build: z370 AORUS Gaming 5 - i5-8600K - RX 580 - UHD 630
      flawless iGPU/dGPU integration, fast FCPX editing/rendering, great overall performance for ~$1200 / ~£1000

Update: updated WhateverGreen and Lilu, then updated OS to 10.14.3 and everything is fine! Even iMessage, which previously I hadn't been able to make work, is now working - possibly the update flushed the NVRAM?

I'm gonna come straight out and admit it - I used newb tools which are considered taboo on InsanelyMac, and so this isn't so much an installation guide as it is a green flag to anyone considering the same hardware. My first and previous Hackintosh project was just over ten years ago and this site was massively helpful, so this is my (very small) way of giving back.

EFI DIRECTORY
      http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=97606131925137056003

HARDWARE
      CPU: Intel i5-8600K 3.6GHz hexacore (contains UHD 630 iGPU)
      CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock Slim (no paste needed, and fan facing front)
      Mobo: GIGABYTE z370 AORUS Gaming 5 (WIFI)
      RAM: 1x 8GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX C16 2666MHz (in first slot)
      GFX Card: Sapphire RX 580 NITRO+ SE
      SATA: used ports 0, 1, 3, 5 (HDD problems when connected to port 4)
      HDD: generic
      DVD Drive: generic
      PSU: EVGA 500W Semi Modular (but you should get 650W!)
      Case: CoolerMaster CM590 III
      Fans: 2x stock case fans (one sucky on front, one blowy on back), 3x be quiet! BL046 120mm fans (two blowy on top, one sucky on front). Airflow near-perfectly balanced.

ADVICE
      With the Clover configuration, you want to pay close attention to all things relating to graphics. There are some specific settings for ACPI, Boot, Devices and Graphics which should be copied exactly in order to get the iGPU and dGPU to work in perfect harmony. For instance, make sure you use ig-platform-id 59120003 rather than 59120000 if you want FCPX to be usable. With the right settings, FCPX will not only run, but run flawlessly.

I was not able to figure out how to make NVRAM/PRAM behave itself, and I got errors when I tried to issue relevant commands. As a result, I could not at first get iMessage to work properly. It worked once on my first installation attempt but not from subsequent attempts. This Clover configuration therefore has no consideration whatsoever toward iMessage reliability - however, iMessage ended up working somehow, anyway - I noticed it after I'd updated to 10.14.3 but this may just have been coincidence.

Onboard WiFi does not work. There is no driver for it. I'm using wired ethernet to a bridge router as it was cheaper than getting a compatible PCI card.

Audio is working well after I installed the z370 audio patch, then the ALC1220 codecs, then AppleALC.

With kexts for generic 3rd party SATA and generic 3rd party eSATA, my HDDs and DVD drive work perfectly well.

Sleep/Wake functions run perfectly. iCloud functions run perfectly. Shutdown leaves the mobo LEDs on, annoyingly.

My USB 3 ports seem to suffer from low power output, and I don't know why.

Overall, this system appears to run about as well under MacOS 10.14 Mojave as it does under Windows 7. I would solidly recommend this build to anyone looking to build a computer for workstation purposes, on a budget.