Eizo75

HDCP Amazon prime - 720p vs 1080p

1 post in this topic

I have problems with Amazon Prime on my system under HighSierra 10.13.
AmazonPrime videos are played in HighSierra with 720p, in Windows 10 with 1080p.
Graphics card is a Vega 56 (flashed to 64), monitor (1440p) connected via DP, Shiki.kext is installed (but makes no sense), CPU is an Intel i9 7900X.
Movies/trailers with DRM can be played without problems.

Someone have some tips for me to solve my problem?

PS:
In Photoshop I have to deactivate the checkbox "Use native operating system GPU acceleration", otherwise the program crashes after a few clicks. But I've activated GPU acceleration and it works, but not the "native" GPU acceleration.
Maybe there is still a problem with the graphics card. (running now native, OOB)

post-9144-0-15513000-1509317110_thumb.jpg

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hiprynce
      Hey guys,

I'm trying to install my second Hackintosh system now for like 2 days (first one was Z370, super easy, super stable) with Vanilla Install, but I just can't get the X299 system working.
      I followed the Vanilla Hackintosh Guide strictly and just changed the SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1 in the config.plist.

After selecting the macOS Installer drive on Clover boot menu I never get to the installation process of Catalina... most of the time I get the progress bar to load up until 100% but it never goes further.

Going into verbose mode I got that message at last: IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 error.

I tried also using the same EFI with a Mojave installer which let me actually install it but the installation process was super slow and laggy - I had to cancel it.

It's now my third day trying to get this done and I'm really feeling frustrated about it as I've been doing nothing else than trying out various solutions I could google.

My kexts:
      AppleALC Lilu WhateverGreen USBInjectAll XHCI-Unsupported IntelMausiEthernet VirtualSMC  
      My system:
      CPU: Intel Core i9-10900X
      Motherboard: ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II
      CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62
      RAM: 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 G.Skill Trident Z Royal
      GPU: Sapphire RX5700 XT Nitro+ SE
      PSU: Corsair HX750i
      SSD: 2x 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus (both firmwares updated!)

I really hope someone can help me out!
    • By PlutoDelic
      Hi guys,

I have been running a High Sierra 13.6 build with KGP's Guide for quite a while, until i witnessed a heavy freeze which seemed to have corrupted a complete drive to uselessness. I initially installed KGP's Mojave Guide, which i later found out that my GTX 1050 would make no use for it.

Since i ended up on the beginning, i chose to go Mojave again and got myself a RX 580 Nitro+ from Sapphire.
      I cant make it past to the installer no matter what. It either gives me a KP or goes to the blur screen with the last indicator saying still waiting for root device.
      From what i am understanding is (clearly pointed in KGPs guide too), that RX 580 does not play well along without an IGPU around, which i obviously dont have with a Skylake-X CPU.
      In some cases it stops after com.apple.xpc.launchd process, which pretty much made me isolate this to the GPU.

My EFI is literary KGP's reference one, only differing with the modified TCS kext for my i9-7900x. Even added Lilu 1.4.1 and WEG 1.3.6 to try out different Shiki options. I also strictly used Mojave 10.14.4 for this as KGP is, well retired.

Also note that i have exactly the same issue even if i try out High Sierra 10.13.6 too, for the sake of trying out.

I've hit a big wall with this one.

Build Summary:
      i9-7900x
      Asus Prime X299 Deluxe (B 1503) (configured exactly through KGP's guide, with MSR Disabled).
      Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB
      128 GB 3000mhz DDR4
      Empty Samsung 970 PRO waiting on the first M.2.
      GC Alpine Ridge TB (i know the drills with these).
    • By nukebuzag
      Hi, my name is Javier, i'm trying to install a Mojave Clean Installation, following the guide but allways is stopped with "alloc type 2". I've been searching the forums for 4 days, I've tried everything they say, but I can't fix the error. I'm trying to add the driver "OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi", "OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi" and "OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi" but don't work... My current hardware is:

Motherboard: MSI X299 GAMING PRO CARBON AC, bios.v-E7A95IMS.180
      CPU: Intel core i7-7820X
      HardDrive: Samsung 960EVO NVMe M.2 500Gb
      GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon RX Vega64 8GB HBM2
      RAM: 32Gb - x4 8Gb - Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3600

Please can anybody help me? Thanks you very much
      EFI.zip
    • By technosinner
      Hi guys,

I need help with my Sapphire RX580 8GB. It works and I have it connected to a BenQ EW3270U (4k monitor through DP), but I noticed that the quality of my video is not exactly great; I just don't feel like it's up to spec with some fuzziness and everything just isn't as sharp as I expect it to be. It's hard to explain exactly what I see, but especially when there's transparency in windows for instance, I see what I would compare to colour compression artifacting in the gradients of the images showing through the transparency effects. It looks like a video with fading on Youtube but the compression makes it look like waves of pixels as opposed to a real gradient, if that makes any sense? It's impossible to film or photograph properly, and - the part that gets me - if I do a screenshot, it's not visible! I must have been super tired when I posted... it's visible on screen shots after all (see attached). It screams graphic acceleration issues to me but I really am at a loss on how to diagnose this issue further. It's not unusable or anything, but I want to get it to work properly and get as much as I can out of it all.

As a comparative I did plug in a Retina MBP to the monitor to make sure it wasn't the issue and as expected, I did not see any of this with the MBP.
      I have Lilu and WEG in my 10.14 kext folder, and my (shameful) config is attached, but I more than likely am missing something important...

All this explained, I want to point out a few things: this is an old machine (built 2012) and I had the same config throughout with exactly 0 issues. This is one reason why I not only never had to optimize it, but I now also pretty much fell off the Hackintosh bandwagon: I am not exactly well versed in all the technical backend of this community as I was until now lucky with a plug and play machine with no issues.

I will need a lot of help to get back up to date... that said I also had incomprehensible and undiagnosed issues getting the RX580 to work on this machine. Even if it was effortless for everyone else, I had to do a LOT of troubleshooting and in the end, I have no clue how I got it to work! So I'm mortified of changing anything on it without getting some advice first since everything, iCloud and iMessage included, works. I'll be happy to fill in any info and I'm hungry to learn. It's just a bit daunting to start over and my searches have discouraged me a but. I know beggars can't be choosers but I have a 60-hour a week job and I just need a bit of guidance if anyone wants to help me off my training wheels  I fully know I'm in a bad spot and quite frankly I'm ashamed of it. Help me make it better please.
      config.plist

• By brerackl
      Good evening,

I used to mess around with iATKOS back in 2011, I since have been out of the loop and have gone through several different PC's.
      Now I have built a new PC and would like to install High Sierra to my external SSD.
      I have gotten as far as installing clover and the .raw image to my USB stick but I am getting stuck on the +++++++++++ then reboot problem.
      I realize a LOT has changed and I am having a bit of trouble figuring it out. 

My PC's specs are as follows:

CPU:
                  Intel Core i7 7820X

RAM:
                  32GB Ballistix RGB Tactical Tracer (by Micron)

Motherboard:
                  EVGA X299 FTW K

Graphics:
                  NVIDIA RTX 2070 (EVGA)

Storage:
                  4TB Western Digital HDD
                  1TB Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB
                  480GB Micron SSD

If someone can help point me in the right direction that would be amazing, I have tried using some of the efi files for different x299 setups and such but no luck same results, played with different boot flags and options but everything is so much different I don't really know what does what. 
      I would very greatly appreciate if anyone can point me to some reading or a specific set of files to get me past this error as I haven't the slightest why it is even doing this. Mind you the last time I played around with this was back in 2011 with iATKOS and CD's, I have no CD drive in this build and need to do this via USB and as I understand this is 100% possible I just need the right boot setup and settings.

Thank you in advance,
      Brett