Password strangeness

Agathorn

3 posts in this topic

Ok i'm pretty sure i'm not going nuts but as a disclaimer you never know.

Anyway i'm having some really freaky weirdness going on with my user password. It keeps changing or resetting or something. Three times now i've reset my user password and all works fine until just randomly sudo operations start telling me my password is wrong. I reboot and all is fine until once more, boom, it starts happening again.

Anyone else seeing this wierdness?

Ok i'm pretty sure i'm not going nuts but as a disclaimer you never know.

Anyway i'm having some really freaky weirdness going on with my user password. It keeps changing or resetting or something. Three times now i've reset my user password and all works fine until just randomly sudo operations start telling me my password is wrong. I reboot and all is fine until once more, boom, it starts happening again.

Anyone else seeing this wierdness?

I have the same:

I'm usualy loged in just as a User, when I try things like #sudo rm -r ATI* in the Terminal OSX tells me 3 times the root pwd is wrong . When I do the same loged in as admin the root pwd is OK now (the same).

Don't know why, I came from Linux it's possible there to login as User and start a command as root in the shell.

I have the same:

I'm usualy loged in just as a User, when I try things like #sudo rm -r ATI* in the Terminal OSX tells me 3 times the root pwd is wrong . When I do the same loged in as admin the root pwd is OK now (the same).

Don't know why, I came from Linux it's possible there to login as User and start a command as root in the shell.

In your case it almost sounds like the User account you are using doesn' thave sudo access.

In my case i'm using an admin account, in fact i'm still using the deadmoo account. But the password just randomly stops working on me. Either the default password or the password I set using passwd.