1. gioox

gioox

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jancey
      I used this command: diskutil info disk0s2 | grep -i "Partition UUID" | rev | cut -d' ' -f 1 | rev

But I accidentally removed the wrong disk and now my main windows drive is not appearing in the bootloader. I can't figure out how to get it back. I tried resetting my windows drive, but I kept getting an error. I also reset my mac and reinstalled Catalina.
    • By FreqFeeder
      Hi there!
      I'm a newbie to the concept of installing a Mac OS on alternative hardware. Please bear with me
      I have a Lenovo Thinkpad x250 with 5th generation i7-5600U CPU, 16GB RAM, and Intel HD Graphics 5500. (I'd be glad to add any additional hardware details if needed)
      My goal is to have a dual boot machine - Mojave and Win 10. I have two separated physical drives.
      I've tried different methods, but none was stable to be operable.
      If anyone of you has the experience with this specific model it will be really great to hear your opinion.

Thanks!
    • By digivish
      Hi All - quick thing - I have a NUC 8i7BEH with 32GB RAM and 2 x 1TB SSD drives. Each drive has its own OS - Windows 10 and Catalina 10.15.

Clover works well - Catalina Boots, so does Windows.
      Catalina - has sound over HDMI (to my monitor's speakers)
      Windows - no audio device found - It does show Realtek and Intel Display Drivers - but the speaker has a red"x" and in Devices, there is no entry for Microphone Array under Audio Input/Output. It does, however, show Intel display over the HDMI - but actually no sound.

I have tried reinstalling Realtek drivers - now here's the thing...when it installs, it first uninstalls existing Realtek drivers - at this stage (and it's important) the sound starts working - as if uninstalling did the trick. As part of the installing, I have to reboot and upon reboot, it actually reinstalls the Realtek drivers. After that, I'm back to square 1. Unsure if it's the config.plist or boot args in clover. But something with Clover for sure.

I have tested this by removing the Mac Drive with clover and just booting directly to Windows 10 bootloader and everything works as it should, I have sound over HDMI and the audio device shows. Just not when I boot with Clover.

has anyone experienced this and have thoughts or pointers.

Thanks a ton!
    • By dugajimi
      Salve ragazzi,
      vi scrivo dal mio nuovo Dell XPS 15 9570 e ovviamente sono pronto per il trapianto di cervello.

Prima di iniziare però qualche delucidazione.
      Volendo realizzare un Dual boot win10 + macos:
      Devo per forza formattare l'hd e reistallare anche windows 10 oppure posso ridimensionare la partizione Se si quale sistema operativo istallo per primo?  
      Dugajimi
    • By Legomann
      Hello all,

I'm about to build a hackintosh and want to share my findings in that process. Also maybe get some help. 

The goal is to have a fast Mac with large disk capacity for image processing and a Windows gaming machine at the same time. The components I chose:
      MSI Z390 Gaming plus i5 9600K 6cores with HD630 graphics 2x8GB Crucial DDR4-2666 nVidia GTX650 Ti (will be replaced later by Vega or Navi card) 1TB Samsung 970 Evo plus NVMe + 4TB WD blue Disk as fusion drive  
      What is working:
      Windows boots and games run. Installation was a bit tricky:
      the GTX650 has no UEFI Disk partition has to be GPT since it should be shared between Windows and OSX Windows only installs on a GPT drive if the setup is purely UEFI. I ended up with a 2 screen setup with the secondary monitor on the HD630 being the boot display. The Windows driver uses the GTX650 without problems. 
      Disabling CSM is important, on MSI this is hidden under the odd entrance "Windows 8.1/10 WHQL Support" that has to be enabled(!). 

Booting and Installing OSX from USB stick. I found this post most useful as a starting point. After some trial and error I managed to boot with the HD630 into the installer
      The board has bios version 7B51v14, the most recent is not working (will check again when the system runs without error) Clean up EFI folder, update clover, apfs.efi (from osx installation). Clover folder is attached. Onboard ethernet is working with IntelMausiEthernet V2.4.0  

Not working (TODO list): 
      Fusion drive: Mojave does not support fusion drives. Instead, the installer tries to convert a fusion drive to apfs which, since Mojave, has a similar feature. From command line, I can create a apfs "fusion drive" with some modified commands:
      (will supply later)
      However: I seems that afp is buggy when it has to share the disks with other partitions. The plan was to have Windows too on the SSD and a common transfer partition on the spinning disk. Setup of the "fusion drive" was fine, but the installer always crashes without message, presumably in the moment it tries to access the disk. At the moment OSX is installed on a separate disk, will continue to investigate.

HD630: No acceleration, 6MB video memory
      GTX650: No output at all, but card is shown in profiler. Thought it would be supported ootb.
      Speedstep: CPU power usage around 8W in idle.
      Audio
      USB3
      turn off crappy board illumination

CLOVER.zip