• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rio2
      How to make AppleHDAController load on Ryzen boards?
      Rename(/add) your audio controller to your DSDT/SSDT as HDEF Add a _DSM method to your HDEF device with layout id 1 Patch the AppleHDAController binary, because it has a static table containing the supported PCI Vendor/DeviceID pairs and it also checks the VendorID against known values. As an example I provide a dif file and patched 10.13.3 binary, but if you want to I can patch the binary for other versions.  
      After AppleHDAController loads to actually get sound working you need to patch AppleHDA.kext for the codec on your board. First I tried to use Lilu+AppleALC for this task, but for some reason it refused to work. (I might look into it later why) But for the time being it was easier to use toleda's cloverALC script for that, but to make it work I had to change(/remove) the specified location of the HDEF device from the script. And for some reason it also required me to mount the EFI partition manually.

Change this:
      if [[ $(cat /tmp/HDEF.txt | grep -c "HDEF@1") != 0 ]]; then Into this:
      if [[ $(cat /tmp/HDEF.txt | grep -c "HDEF") != 0 ]]; then  
      AppleHDAController_Patched10.13.3
      AppleHDAController-10.13.3-AMD.bdiff
    • By Teress
      Hi, I tried during last 4 days almost everything but now I call for help. I have RX560 running on 10.13.4. Previously I was running it on 10.12.6 and had the same problem, but after waking from sleep my thiord display came to life, but it is not working anymore on 10.13.4. Without or with Lilu & Whatewergreen my system correctly recognize my gpu as RX560 but only 2 of 3 displays are displaying content, third display is black but recieving some signal. When I change cabling and connect only two, any combination of 2 displays is working. System profiller and system preferences are sayin I have 3 displays connected.

Please can somebody help me to figure it out?
      Thanks a lot in advance. Tried to upload my ioreg but it is greater than 10MB allowed for me :(

• By verymilan
      Hi, i recently set up High Sierra on my AMD computer with the help of the amdosx community (i actually used an installer just to confirm that something would work in the first place before i spend hours for nothing, i can and could have downloaded High Sierra the "legal" way).
      However the graphicscard is recognized properly, the 6gig are recognized and i have no artifacts and no screen tearing with the official nvidia webdriver,
      but unfortunally, dark colors have horizontal dark stripes in them and specific bright colors like on left bar of system windows such as settings do flicker like low fps.

I only used the clover on the flash drive for now and i'd like if it's worth digging deeper of if i should just forget about it as it is a common nvidia problem on macOS.
      Would be amazing to know.

Closer machine infos:
      * High Sierra (misses a recent minor patch as my network is veeeery slow and i got this nvidia issue anyway so i mainly jumped back to linux)
      * AMD fx8350
      * Asus Sabertooth 990fx Ref. 2.0
      * NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

• By hackintosh_builder
      Hello, I am interested in building a Hackintosh using Threadripper. Could you please recommend good motherboard(s)? Is there one that is fully compatible with the Hackintosh?
    • By abhinav
      How to install macOS 10.13 High Sierra in Vmware Workstation 14 Pro on AMD Machine
      Unlocker cmd already installed for vmware workstation 14
      vmx file edited...added smc.version="0"

My System Specs
      AMD FX8120 8 Core
      Corsair Vengeance 32 GB DDR3 RAM
      Asus 990FX Sabertooth Motherboard
      Sandisk Ultra II 480 GB SSD SATA 3
      Asus STRIX 960 GTX 4 GB DCU II Model Pixel Shader 5 DirectX 12 Support

Virtual Machine Specs
      16 GB RAM
      2 processors and 4 cores = 8 core processor
      SATA hard drive