• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Taruga

AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

4,109 posts in this topic

I have SIGMATEL9227 and downloading AppleHDAPatcher_v1.16 with STAC9227_83847618, after install and restart, driver is working BUT no sound. I need help

Advertisement
Can this package work in AD1981HD?

I tried the ADI 1981.txt from website, but nothing happened,

It seems AD1981 is different from AD1981HD.

So, How can I use this package to let AD1981HD work correctly with mic ?

: )

Hey, U got the same problem as everyone else on my HP nx7300 AD1981HD. I tried the AppleAzalia thing. Got a volume slider, but no sound. ioreg -l showed me the UAA bus, but not the sound chip.

Tried Taruga's patcher v1.16 (I'm running 10.4.9 on an 8.9.1 kernel) and the message I got from my codec dump was a fairly terminal "This codec needs more research" which I'm going to assume means that there's no way to get it running.

Just a thought... Does the codec and chip run on BSD? If so, would there not be an easy way to port the BSD driver over to OS X or am I spewing complete hot-air on that one?

Aaaaaannyhoo. With the AppleAzalia thing, I got a volume slider, I got HD Audio in the sound devices, but no built-in audio and no input. It's an HP so, of course, I have the mute button illuminating me. It's a pretty orange glow, and goes well with the sharp blue light of the Wifi/Bluetooth adapters, but it doesn't let me make sound....

If I press the mute button, then the on-screen display shows that I'm muting and the Mac volume slider shows the mute action, and unmuting gives the volume slider it's life back, but it doesn't provide me with the tunes I so desperately need to hear.

In short, everything - andI mean everything - else on the laptop is working a treat except sound. I really want to delete my Vista partition, so anyone who can point me in the right direction, I'm happy to test patches etc...

Hey, U got the same problem as everyone else on my HP nx7300 AD1981HD. I tried the AppleAzalia thing. Got a volume slider, but no sound. ioreg -l showed me the UAA bus, but not the sound chip.

Tried Taruga's patcher v1.16 (I'm running 10.4.9 on an 8.9.1 kernel) and the message I got from my codec dump was a fairly terminal "This codec needs more research" which I'm going to assume means that there's no way to get it running.

Just a thought... Does the codec and chip run on BSD? If so, would there not be an easy way to port the BSD driver over to OS X or am I spewing complete hot-air on that one?

Aaaaaannyhoo. With the AppleAzalia thing, I got a volume slider, I got HD Audio in the sound devices, but no built-in audio and no input. It's an HP so, of course, I have the mute button illuminating me. It's a pretty orange glow, and goes well with the sharp blue light of the Wifi/Bluetooth adapters, but it doesn't let me make sound....

If I press the mute button, then the on-screen display shows that I'm muting and the Mac volume slider shows the mute action, and unmuting gives the volume slider it's life back, but it doesn't provide me with the tunes I so desperately need to hear.

In short, everything - andI mean everything - else on the laptop is working a treat except sound. I really want to delete my Vista partition, so anyone who can point me in the right direction, I'm happy to test patches etc...

stevenP..... exactly the same issue here with HP nx7300, i was able to patch using AppleHDA 13 and using the dumps provided online, but ended up crashing the system - kernel panic during startup. Please post your codec dump here. Right now im trying to be content with the volume sliders that AppleAzalia provides, but it's no fun.... how come the IBM and toshiba people get the AD1981 working but not us? If anybody has a working kext file or method please post it here.....

I would like to separate earphones from speakers, and choose either mic or line in .

what's the link that I need for do this?

I cannot record ANYTHING

Ah,my sigmatel 9200 id:

HDAUDIO/FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7690&SUBSYS_102801BD&REV_1022/4&2973568E&0&0001

How to get my own codec dump?

Why no one answer me????

please,sigmatel I' ve patched with hdapatcher v.1.14 , I have dell inspiron 6400.

Please someone answer me!

I would like to separate earphones from speakers, and choose either mic or line in .

what's the link that I need for do this?

I cannot record ANYTHING

Ah,my sigmatel 9200 id:

HDAUDIO/FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7690&SUBSYS_102801BD&REV_1022/4&2973568E&0&0001

How to get my own codec dump?

Why no one answer me????

please,sigmatel I' ve patched with hdapatcher v.1.14 , I have dell inspiron 6400.

Please someone answer me!

Hi!!

I've just found this two threads and I will try it for my Dell Precision:

First this one to have subwoofer enabled

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry358088

Then this one to have mic enabled

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry359416

I hope this will help you.

stevenP..... exactly the same issue here with HP nx7300, i was able to patch using AppleHDA 13 and using the dumps provided online, but ended up crashing the system - kernel panic during startup. Please post your codec dump here. Right now im trying to be content with the volume sliders that AppleAzalia provides, but it's no fun.... how come the IBM and toshiba people get the AD1981 working but not us? If anybody has a working kext file or method please post it here.....

No problem Devil.. Attached is my codec.txt dump from Linux, and the dxdiag dump from Windblows.

Here's the irony.

I bought this HP laptop about 10 days ago because it is well supported under Linux. Of course I got it home and my wife said "And where the hell is MYYYYY brand new laptop, then???" - Fearing a month of rations, I rushed off and bought her a MacBook - only problem is I love the bloody thing, so I knew I could get OSX running on my flaptop with little hassle - except for the sound...

Now, the Macbook is a cool little number, but it's specs are just a little too weak for me - I kinda need the bigger screen size, hard drive and RAM, so it would be just a damn treat to get the sound working on my HP here.

It's also a biyatch because I want to play with Garageband... Fortunately I could install the iLife stuff off my wife's MacBook installation DVDs and I've updated to 10.4.9 as well.

In short, I just love the OSX environment. Always have - and now I'm just sooooo close to having the perfect setup. Dammit, I need my sound!! :)

codec.txt

DxDiag.txt

AppleHDA Patcher 1.16 worked great here:

Intel Extreme Desktop Board D975XBX2

2GB RAM

7900GS 512MB

10.4.9.. and I don't remember if it was Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.2 or JaS 10.4.8 + 10.4.9

I actually installed it all on an Intel 865GBH P4 3.2GHz system and just moved the hard drive when I upgraded the system to the above stuff, patched the bios on the Nvidia and put the dev ID in the .kexts.

The only thing that didn't work was the sound, it's got STAC9274D, I found this thread..

Found a French linux boot CD on usenet, mounted an SD card to write the codec dump to, rebooted to OS X and it did it's thing, rebooted once again.. and sound works.

The kernel is 8.9.1, too. 10.4.9 - so good to go.

Thanks!

Hi, running applehdapatcher v1.16 on my ADI SoundMax HD (AD1981) end up in a "need investigation".

Please find attached my codec dump.

Taruga, many guys continue asking you please help, please help... Maybe do you need some help too... is there anything I can do in order to having my (and hopefully others too) soundcard working?

Thanks,

tulindo

ad1981.txt

I downloaded AppleHDApatcher 1.16 and drag & drop sigmatel 9228 codec dump... with the hope that the sound will work, all seems fine till it instructed me to reboot but then my machine won't boot and said :

"You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button" with 3 other languages...

oh my god .... its just blue screen of death (or morelikely polite grey screen of death) mac style... :unsure:

can somebody please help ...

does anyone have an update on whether or not the "line in" works ok on the badaxe2 (975XBX2)

i cant seem to find out anything about the line in, hope someone can help

i have been asking too, but no answer. I have also posted too see if anyone wants to work together on it. I have tried some things but no luck. No sure what people post, "sound works". when really it is just sound out. no line in or microphone.

any ideas about

Onboard Audio

Audio Chipset Realtek ALC883

Audio Channels 8 Channels

Thank's to Taruga, work great on my acer laptop ALC883 with 10.4.9 kernel 8.8.1, but still kernel panic with semthex 8.9.1 kernel.

Any way Great JOB!. :thumbsup_anim:

Hi everyone

er... What's "linux codec"?

I saw a lot of text on v1.16 link. What I can do with that?

Thanks

.M

Pavilion dv9033 10.4.9 work (wifi, audio in/out and mic jacks not yet)

Hi all

Need some help here:

I boot my CPU with ubuntu 7.04 (and other versions) but:

Sound works

ubuntu@ubuntu:/proc/asound/card0$ cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0
cat: /proc/asound/card0/codec#0: No such file or directory

directory structure for card0

ubuntu@ubuntu:/proc/asound/card0$ ls -al
total 0
dr-xr-xr-x 9 root root 0 2007-06-07 02:32 .
dr-xr-xr-x 5 root root 0 2007-06-07 02:32 ..
dr-xr-xr-x 2 root root 0 2007-06-07 02:44 codec97#0
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 0 2007-06-07 02:44 id
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 0 2007-06-07 02:44 intel8x0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 2007-06-07 02:44 oss_mixer
dr-xr-xr-x 3 root root 0 2007-06-07 02:44 pcm0c
dr-xr-xr-x 3 root root 0 2007-06-07 02:44 pcm0p
dr-xr-xr-x 3 root root 0 2007-06-07 02:44 pcm1c
dr-xr-xr-x 3 root root 0 2007-06-07 02:44 pcm2c
dr-xr-xr-x 3 root root 0 2007-06-07 02:44 pcm3c
dr-xr-xr-x 3 root root 0 2007-06-07 02:44 pcm4p

so i cant get a dump for ad1980 (asus p4pe)

can i use the ones for ad1981???

is there any other method????

Give´s a solution for alc888 - ich7? I have only sound output. hdapatcher solution don´t work for me. i have the azalia solution for sound output.

Hi NeSuKuN,

I can see that you have everything but analog 2ch out, does it mean you only have 2 channels out working?

I really would like to get at least audio in...

Velociraptor, i have the same motherboard as yours, did you try the internal stereo in (the one from the cd)? Or the front pannel audio?

Thysm00