Taruga

AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

4,109 posts in this topic

I got DELL E1505, and I have a LINUX LIVE CD. it can boot in LINUX. But how can i find the linux codec dump file? If need a command ? What is command?

i thingk if i have linux codec dump file, i well post the file, and all DELL E1505/6400 user dont need boot in LINUX.

thank u

Advertisement
Not working yet, alc888 on asrock conroe is a special case that will need an extra change for it to work. I will take a while

i hope it will come out soon :unsure:

thanx for the hardwork

OK thanx for your report, I expect some positive results from AD1986

Other AD´s I have to wait and see, I need to study better the codec specs of AD1981, they are a little different

Fingers crossed for all HP notebook AD1981HD users!

big thanks goes to Taruga.

btw AD1981 != AD1981HD

AD1981 is ac'97 codec.

I got DELL E1505, and I have a LINUX LIVE CD. it can boot in LINUX. But how can i find the linux codec dump file? If need a command ? What is command?

i thingk if i have linux codec dump file, i well post the file, and all DELL E1505/6400 user dont need boot in LINUX.

thank u

Just run back to post #157 :)

Fingers crossed for all HP notebook AD1981HD users!

big thanks goes to Taruga.

btw AD1981 != AD1981HD

AD1981 is ac'97 codec.

Yep, sorry, I ment AD1981HD.

I´m only dealing with HD Audio, not AC97

if you need beta tests for this specific soundcard or particular reports, you can find me in your irc channel 24/24 with the same name as here.

Hi Taruga, my adi1986a doesn't want to work. Can you help me? :)

with Azalia I can ear, but with your patcher doesn't work anything.

thank you and sorry for bad english. :)

Hi Taruga, my adi1986a doesn't want to work. Can you help me? :)

with Azalia I can ear, but with your patcher doesn't work anything.

thank you and sorry for bad english. :)

I have to review the case of ad1986a, that´s the only one that was tested (from analog devices), and it worked with a non-official version i´ve sent to a friend of mine. But it seems I´ve made some changes since that non-official version and it´s not working atm. I have to compare with the version I sent to my friend.

Taruga,

with 1.11 i lost the line-in port and still no volume control for the Unknown (back mic) input. With 1.12 i lost all of the input devices. With 1.12 i get the output when i select the Built-in speakers but with all previous versions i had to select the Built-in headphones in system preferences while using the same back green speaker-out jack.

Hope this helps :)

Bye,

zef

No prob :)

I really appreciate the work you're doing on this project!

you can contact me when you'll need a beta tester.

Taruga,

with 1.11 i lost the line-in port and still no volume control for the Unknown (back mic) input. With 1.12 i lost all of the input devices. With 1.12 i get the output when i select the Built-in speakers but with all previous versions i had to select the Built-in headphones in system preferences while using the same back green speaker-out jack.

Hope this helps :D

Bye,

zef

1.12?!? Have you made a version yourself? :)

Afaik there is no 1.12 yet...or maybe unofficial...I don't see it in this thread!

1.12?!? Have you made a version yourself? :)

Afaik there is no 1.12 yet...or maybe unofficial...I don't see it in this thread!

It was online only for a few minutes for testing and removed ....

Just run back to post #157 -_-

thanks Ezhoon, I got it.

at post#157 ,command is:

do in a terminal:

CODE

cd /proc/asound

ls -l (and look for something like codec#0)

cat codec#0 > /tmp/alc.txt

my Linux is Slax. it codec#0 at /proc/asound/card0/

So i got dump, the DELL E1505 / 6400 's 9200.

9200.txt

Any idea what's causing this patcher to not function? I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary in my kexts...

In case you forgot, I'm the one with the ALC883

It was online only for a few minutes for testing and removed ....

Excuse me, i have other quesion.

u said: "Drag and drop a linux codec dump into AppleHDA Patcher,"

I dont understand, is the Linux codec dump a text file? I got it ,and named "9200.txt".

I copy the "AppleHDA Patcher 1.10" and "9200.txt" on Desktop at MAC Jas 10.4.8. then I Drag and drop file "9200.txt" on the AppleHDA Patcher's icon. then AppleHDA Patcher run, it need root password.

After i type the root password, Nothing was happened. then AppleHDA Patcher's window has not any character,

It only have a button is "quit", then what shell i do? Need u help!

Patcher 1.11 patches AD1981HD, but doesn't show up in Control Panel and gives no sound. Mute LED is permanently on.

Excuse me, i have other quesion.

u said: "Drag and drop a linux codec dump into AppleHDA Patcher,"

I dont understand, is the Linux codec dump a text file? I got it ,and named "9200.txt".

I copy the "AppleHDA Patcher 1.10" and "9200.txt" on Desktop at MAC Jas 10.4.8. then I Drag and drop file "9200.txt" on the AppleHDA Patcher's icon. then AppleHDA Patcher run, it need root password.

After i type the root password, Nothing was happened. then AppleHDA Patcher's window has not any character,

It only have a button is "quit", then what shell i do? Need u help!

i found my "9200.txt" only make AppleHDA Patcher 1.08 normal work, but after i reboot ,no sound.

AppleHDA Patcher 1.10 or 1.11 dont work.

my book is Dell E1505 /T5500 1G ram /Ati x1400 256m/120G HD/9200 sound IC

It's finally showing input and output devices on the ALC888. Anyway, there's still no sound. We'll have to wait a little more. Thanks Taruga!

Go to post #1 and download the AppleHDAPatcher_v1.11.zip and then drag the attaced codec0.txt onto the icon.

Funny, I have the exact same laptop as you have in your SIG. But the Patcher crashes the computer.

Hi Taruga ...

the semthex-system freezes with your patcher ... with mifki it runs:

my Analog Devices AD1988B don`t work with 1.11 ...

see:

post-77999-1170705952_thumb.png

my codec dump:

codec_0.txt

no sound! any hopes?

Christian :-) www.samoticha.com

Yesterday I played with a machine with AD1988B for about 30 minutes, got no sound from it. Got all devices showing but sound was mutted. I wish I have had more time with it, didn´t test SPDIF and I wish I could test I least that. But it seemed a bad ass this one... especially the input part.

Hi Taruga,

i m useing intel 945PVS mobo with SimaTel 9223 codec, i m found 9223 codec in this page and trying attached codec, i have a sound but not full fonction and i don't see the system profiler, onyl apple midi devices.

my system 10.4.8 mifki kernel.

good work dude :angel:

Sigmatel9223CodecDump_2.txt

post-11779-1170708854_thumb.png

THANK YOU TARUGAAAAAA you rock :(

i have the sigmatel 9225 it works perfectly :(

but i have one last question, (i have a laptop) when i use the speaker from the laptop i have to choose it in the SystemConfiguration > Sound, and if i wanna use the lineout for a headphone i have to choose it too

i wanna know if its possible to get the sound into the speaker and when i plug a headphone, have the sound in it without changing anything in the SystemConfiguration

sorry for my english ;(

any chances for any Conexant HD fixes anytime soon? No rush, I was just curious if maybe I should go and buy an iMic just yet. Ive tried everything with the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and cant get mine to work. Thanx to all involved for getting this AppleHDA.kext thing figured out though.