3. Cyberdevs

Cyberdevs

4. Moorre

Moorre

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By vin047
      I have a Kingston HyperX Predator PCIE-SSD (model: SHPM2280P2H) matched with an X58 motherboard (legacy bios). The card has a Marvell 88SS9293 controller with an Option ROM which allows it to be detected on my motherboard as a bootable drive - listed as "IDE: Kingston SHPM". As my BIOS is non-UEFI, I assume the Option ROM presents it in IDE mode instead of AHCI.

I use Clover legacy with BiosBlockIO to get around this, and it works well - Clover detects my drive and allows me to install macOS onto it and use it as a boot drive. macOS detects the drive correctly as a SATA AHCI drive. I guess Clover correctly detects (configures?) the Option ROM into AHCI mode and presents it as such to macOS - getting full speed read Read/Write performance. All is well.

Except waking from sleep. When waking from sleep, depending on clover config options + dsdt, I either get an immediate reboot or hang on black screen that requires hard reset. I eventually realised that nothing after entering sleep mode is recorded in the logs, its completely empty until next boot up. This makes me think that on resume from sleep, macOS isn't seeing the drive anymore (hence can't even write to logs). My assumption here is that the Option ROM is presenting/configuring the card in IDE mode, which is not what macOS is expecting.

This post describes the problem: 

and also has a solution: in dsdt, simply write the correct values to 0x40, 0x41, 0x42 (which must be the BAR0 register?) to configure Option ROM to use AHCI mode. But I have no idea what address BAR0 is on the Marvell 88SS9293 - there appears to be no documentation whatsoever on this controller available online!

I managed to dump the ROM using Linux sysfs, but don't have the skills to disassemble/decipher the binary to find the correct addresses. Anyone with such experience able to help?? I've attached the ROM dump and lspci output.

Thanks in advance!
      rom.bin
      lspci_output.txt
    • By vin047
      Hi, have an old Asrock X58 Deluxe motherboard with an i7-920 Nehalem CPU (yes old board ) + AMD RX460 . As per the title, i've managed to get Mojave installed and running with Speed Step working too!

Final issue i'm having is with sleep - it sleeps fine and even responds to keyboard/mouse event, but instead of waking up to the desktop it restarts and loads from BIOS boot screen. When finally booted into macos, it restores as if restored from unexpected shutdown (though no error is shown).

I've tried for days to get it working, sometimes depending on clover config changes, I can get it to wake up without reboot, but it just remains at a black screen and is unresponsive. 

I have no custom DSDT, i've tried writing one but don't know really know what i'm looking for? Currently relying on clover patches. I've uploaded my original DSDT (dumped from Clover, F4 option) + current config. Anyone have any ideas?
      dsdt original.zip
      config.plist.zip
    • By AppleVegas
      Hello! I was trying to install hackintosh a while ago and today I decided to install it today.
      I am able to boot it, I installed OS but have problems with iGPU. It has only 4mb vram.
      I did almost everything, I installed whatevergreen, used special clover config, but nothing. I've only got it to recognize my igpu.

I have a laptop with this specs:
      Laptop brand name: Lenovo G50-80
      iGPU: Intel HD Graphics 5500 -- Only shows 4mb of vram
      CPU: Intel Core i5-5200U 2.20GHz
      dGPU: AMD Radeon R5 M230 or AMD Radeon HD 8500m (it has two brand names lol) -- will be really glad if you tell me how to launch it in High Sierra with my iGPU, now I can't even load OS when I have discrete GPU enabled
      RAM: 6GB ddr3
      Bluetooth: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 -- On the way to enable it
      Wi-Fi: Qualcomm Atheros AR956x -- Managed to enable it

P.S: In the windows I can see that my iGPU has Dedicated Video Memory: 128MB

Any help? I think you are only my savers

• By karthiksh1989
      can somebody walkthrough with the mojave installation guide?
      i have a mac high sierra 13.6 version on my macbook pro and want to install mojave on my desktop
      Exact config is Gigabyte gaming wifi 7 motherboard amy ryzen 7 2nd gen 2700X processor Gigabyte G1 8GB grapgic card VEGA 64
      running 2 nvme Samsung 256gb cards and 1 intel 180gb ssd internal and 1tb WD HDD, with 64 GB 3200Mhz Ram

https://wa.me/919611736534 (whatsapp)