High Sierra Boot Problem

18 posts in this topic

Same here too, Sierra is allright with you DSDT/SSDT + kexts + config.plist but in HS I can't reach login screen ...

PS

The iGFX is set to AUTO in BIOS.

Disable IGFX and try again.

Addition:

You also need to generate the SSDT for your CPU using Pike's script once you created the SSDTs for you rig replace them in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched

Yes it's the last version 1.1.3 (tried in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13  EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and both paths) :no:

Lilu.kext updated too? Are you booting with nvda_drv=1?

Just so you know, nv_disable=1 doesn't work after installing the High Sierra Nvidia driver. At least for me it doesn't work anymore.

Also, CLOVER/kexts/Other is good enough. :) And works fine for me. So, that's not the problem here.

Yes it's the last version 1.1.3 (tried in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13  EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and both paths) :no:

I suggest you perform another installation now that you disabled the IGFX. I had the same problem a while back with one of the beta version and after I disabled the IGFX and performed a clean install it worked.

Lilu.kext updated too? Are you booting with nvda_drv=1?

Just so you know, nv_disable=1 doesn't work after installing the High Sierra Nvidia driver. At least for me it doesn't work anymore.

Also, CLOVER/kexts/Other is good enough. :) And works fine for me. So that's not the problem here.

nvda_drv=1 is no longer necessary, it's deprecated since macOS Sierra. it's been replaced with NvidiaWeb. 

• Like 1

@arsradu Lilu.kext too is updated to the last version and yes, for me too nv_disable=1 doesn't work anymore, the only way to reach the GUI is in safe mode.

@cyberdevs: I'll try a new clean install with iGFX disabled and then report.

Anyway my bootargs are: - v nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1 and disabling nvda_drv=1 in Sierra make my GeForce GTX 1050 not detected by MacOS until re-enable it.

Thank you all!

Hi all, I made a new clean install with just HighSierra HD plugged, everithing ok until Nvidia WebDriver-378.10.10.10.15.114.pkg, then it hangs before login with black screen like no NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext is present and it’s impossible access through vnc or teamviewer (black screen here too).
The only way to reach the desktop is in safe mode (nv_disable=1 doesn't work anymore).

At this point I'm quite sure the problem is Nvidia web driver...

• 3 months later...

I have this exact same problem now after updating to 10.13.3. Lilu, Nvididafixup are all up to date. Anyone else run into this, or know a solution?

Specs:

- Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z270-A

- CPU: Intel i7-7700K (Kaby Lake)

- Graphics Card: ASUS GEFORCE GTX 1060

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/323052-guide-sierra-high-sierra-on-intel-5-6-7-8-9-and-x99-chipset-series-nehalem-sandybridge-ivybridge-haswell-broadwell/?p=2575822