x99 and 10.13

bobenia

8 posts in this topic

Curious as well. 

My setup:

Asus X99-A USB 3.1 (my experience has been that the same EFI/config/kexts/etc will also work in X99 Deluxe)
intel 5960X

trying to update from 10.12.6

curious what changes might need to be made to EFI. 

If you update from a working 10.12.6 version you should have minor problem than a clean istallation

1) check clover version

2)from different clover version you could not have need of many kernel patches patches because (with some differences) they have integrated it in clover

3) Nvidia web driver and policy should work as before (same way to patch policy and kext you are using in 10.12.6 (for patching black screen)

change in EFI depends from clover version you are using...

I just updated to the newest version of Clover. Wouldn't that help? it seems easy enough to do.. not able to boot into upgrade installer though. :/

If you send your working EFI with 10.12.6 I will try to say which clover version is better for you based on my experience (many integrated clover kernel patches with different clover version have

different behaviour

Here is my EFI. 

CPU is 5960X

​Clover version is 4233

EFI.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone have any success with power management on X99 with Haswell-E? On Sierra I just used FakeCPUID 0x040652 and reboot fix and xcpm worked, after upgrading to High Sierra it stopped working. Removing FakeCPUID and reboot fix, just using clover's KernelPM enables xcpm again but geekbench scores for multi core are ~8k lower. Hardware and BIOS config is all the same, using same SSDT and FrequencyVecotrs (iMac15,1).

Any ideas what to try?

EDIT: Updated Clover from 4243 to 4259 and everything went back to normal.