Hello, could someone tell me what is this black screen?
I am trying to install the beta 5 of big sur on a hackintosh with catalina. I have made a bootable USB and I have updated the version of opencore to 0.6.0. The EFI folder that I am using on the USB is the same as the one with which I turn on my hackintosh in Catalina and it works (in Catalina, not big sur).
I don't need big sur urgently, but I would like to install it when the official version comes out, and if problems appear in the installation when the latest version comes out, I won't have time to solve it, so if someone can help me it would be of great help.
My specs are: i5 9600k, Vega 54 (with bios of 64)
HD 4600 as a gpu
I attach my EFI folder, i removed only the mac serial.
I installed Catalina 10.15.6 with OpenCore 0.6.0, every things is working except for the wakeup.
I put the pc in stop form the apple icon, the monitors turns off, the pc turns "off".
When i push a keyboards button the pc turns on also the monitors turns on, but the screen is still black. Force rebooting is required. Any advice?
I'm trying to install MacOS Catalina on the ACER C22-760 (i3 6100U, 520 HD)
I did all the usual prep to install the system, especially as I've done hackintoshes with the same specs in the past.
But after the moment it boots up, the screen goes black. So I decided to install the system booted in 0x12345678 and then fix the graphics.
Long story short, with the installation done I've tried every single combination to fix the graphics and found out that:
Booting with a 0x12345678, a 1080p monitor is detected, but obviously, no acceleration.
Booting only with AAPL,ig-platform-id set to 19160000, the system boots with complete acceleration but no monitor attached into any framebuffer. About this Mac reports a 1280 x 1024 monitor (Found using Anydesk and ioreg remotely.)
Changing the connector type to DP or HDMI, Internal o External, platform-id is useless.
This system is getting me anxious. Because I don't find any fix for it. Someone can help me out? Love ya! PD: The system is an All In One with no HDMI port.
Fernando’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
Hi, I am a novice on hackintosh. I have just installed Mojave 10.14.1 hackintosh on my HP 840 G2 Core i5 5300 8 GB Ram Intel HD Graphics 5500 Realtek RTL3228 Codec sound card. I just fix graphics and sound with the search internet. But I Can't fix Sleep issue anyhow. I have tried many many time but nothing result me. I tried darkwake = 0-10 but not works. And also i used hibernationfixup.kext on my S/L/E.
My problem is : I sleep my laptop it sleep well. but when I press any key to wake up it wake up but with black screen. I tired with external monitor. it let me log in back, But no command, shutdown, reboot does not work.
Please help me !
I attach all necessary file
1) macOS pre mojave.
2) macOS mojave installer from Apple store.
3) Empty partition or USB to upgrade from.
4) Un-mout all unused dmgs.
5) GPT/GUID HDD.
1) Prepare an empty partition or USB with at least 6 GB.
2) Format the partition or USB with GUID partition table and HFS+ partition with a name BootablePartition.
3) Go to /Application/Install macOS Mojave.app.
4) Show Package Contents.
5) Go to Contents/SharedSupport you will find BaseSystem.dmg.
6) Double click on BaseSystem.dmg to mount.
7) From Disk Utilty click on your partition or the USB that you prepared from number (2).
8) Click on restore, and chose OS X Base System (BaseSystem.dmg image), then restore it to that partition or USB.
9) After restoring rename the partition back to BootablePartition.
9) Run this command:
rm -rfv /Volumes/BootablePartition/System/Installation/Packages
10) Create a new folder instead of the broken link and name it Packages, run this command:
mkdir -v /Volumes/BootablePartition/System/Installation/Packages
11) Go back to /Application/Install macOS Mojave.app and repeat number 2.
12) Go to Contents/SharedSupport you will find InstallESD.dmg.
13) Mount InstallESD.dmg.
14) Run this command:
cp -v /Volumes/InstallESD/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg /Volumes/BootablePartition/System/Installation/Packages/
15) Download the latest clover from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/
16) Install clover on your USB BootablePartition or in a different USB to boot from it. delete all your CLOVER/kext/10.xx and keep others, make sure you don't have any extra kext rather than FakeSMC.kext in the other folder.
in my case I used FakeSMC.kext and my lan kext RealtekRTL8111.kext.
17) known Problems in my build:
If I updated directly from the apple store the installer in clover will boot with a cross circle sign.
The FIX is to add this to Clover KextToPatch Thanks to @sunKi http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/327488-macos-high-sierra-final-release-is-out-17a365/page-10?do=findComment&comment=2505086 this fix is still working for me in mojave.
<string>fix IO error ICH10 for 10.13, credit SunKi</string>
<string>fix hotplug ICH10 for 10.13, credit SunKi</string>
<string>External icons patch</string>
18) make sure you have apfs.efi copy it from /Volumes/BootablePartition/usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi to your EFI/CLOVER/drivers64/ and EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.
19) SMBIOS mac model that I use is iMac13,2.
20) Go to /Application/Install macOS Mojave.app click on it and chose to install to your macOS Mojave partition.
22) From clover chose BootablePartion.
23) If everything is okie BootablePartition will boot to install macOS mojave, wait wait wait till it finish it might take to 1 hour just wait it will reach the auto reboot soon .
24) Boot to your old macOS Hight Sierra that will be your mojave partition now and enjoy.
a) Download Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext or build them from source (which I did).
b) place them in your /EFI/CLOVER/kext/others/
c) add your audio layout in clover/Devices dict options in my case it's ALC888B which has the layout of 1:
d) I had to add beta args to clover/Boot dict, argument (-lilubeta -alcbeta):
2) Add number 14 KextsToPath array to your clover as well.
Anything else is working for me I didn't need any extra clover kext so far, I tried whatevergreen.kext to fire up my rx 460 without the helper card but no success, So I am just sticking with booting from Nvidia as a first GPU from my motherboard configuration then swap the cables after choosing my macOS partion from clover.
After upgrading my HFS+ High Sierra partition converted to APFS, no know problem so far.
Happy build and more info about the partitioning method with a more detailed instructions in this post that I used to update my Sierra to High Sierra
Special thanks to crazybirdy, sunKi and all of you out there that make this happens.