About Just Joined group Read more... ×
Allan

macOS High Sierra - Final Release is out! (17A365)

446 posts in this topic

Advertisement

Ha ok  ;)

The Brightness Slider.app works for me but not the one from the preference System

I have installed Sierra 10.12.3 today to see the diferance because in 10.12.3 it works

I saw that there was no difference

I have that app too.  The thing is, even though I have a slider and I can move the slider button, doing so does not change screen brightness.  That's the problem.  I'm beginning to wonder if, for some reason, the patched AppleBacklight.kext is not loading properly or if the patch is not working for me.

Slider from system preferences works fine for me in Sierra 10.12.6 and High Sierra.

It looks like a DSDT/SSDT issue to me.

Backlight.zip

DSDT needs to be opened with ACPI 6.0, otherwise you'll get errors.

Slider from system preferences works fine for me in Sierra 10.12.6 and High Sierra.

It looks like a DSDT/SSDT issue to me.

attachicon.gifBacklight.zip

DSDT needs to be opened with ACPI 6.0, otherwise you'll get errors.

I'm thinking this OEM SSDT (revised to change GFX0 to IGPU) is the culprit.  I have PEGP turned off using the REG patch for DSDT and the INI patch for SSDT.  Still, this SSDT is designed to enable GPU switching.  If I remove the PEGP scopes, I get about 140 errors because the IGPU sections make numerous references to PEGP in "if-then" arguments, which I assume is to enable switching.  I don't know if I can drop this SSDT and still get video to load.  I'll keep on experimenting.

SSDT-7.aml.zip

Installed hSierra using APFS on another partition from a Single Disk with Legacy-GPT Partition Scheme.

I just got "Unknown" Partition Map Type shown on SysInfo. Am I the only one here?  :)

post-826765-0-67134600-1507967934_thumb.jpg

Installed hSierra using APFS on another partition from a Single Disk with Legacy-GPT Partition Scheme.

I just got "Unknown" Partition Map Type shown on SysInfo. Am I the only one here?  :)

Nope you're not the only one.

I'm on UEFI on a HDD with APFS

post-1011040-0-96335600-1507968173_thumb.png

Same here on my laptop with UEFI+APFS. 10.13.1 Beta 2.

post-1083558-0-76970000-1507968460_thumb.png

Nope you're not the only one.

I'm on UEFI on a HDD with APFS

Ah OK, glad to know  :P LoL.., though it just works well.. NP at all.

BTW, are you using single shared EFI partition to be used for all ur OSes on one mach?

I remember, recently full erased empty HDD to an APFS with it's own EFI for hSierra only.. but got no "Unknown" partition map type. 

Ah OK, glad to know  :P LoL.., though it just works OK.. NP at all.

BTW, are you using single shared EFI partition to be used for all ur OSes on one mach?

I remember, recently full erased empty HDD to an APFS with it's own EFI for hSierra only.. but got no "Unknown" partition map type. 

Yes there is no effect on the performance, and yes I use a single EFI partition for all my OSes, although I have another backup EFI partition on another HDD just in case along with another one on USB disk :D

Also on SysInfo - Graphics/Displays section >> anyone get it 'Yes' for "Automatically Adjust Brightness"? For Laptop user, with Intel HD Graphics maybe?

If I was not wrong or still remember using prev. laptop with Intel HD, if set to be "No", my PNLF for Brightness Slider doesn't work at all (but Fn Key + Brightness Up-Down both work) << this happened since Sierra 10.12.4 till (now) 10.13.1 Beta 2. But PNLF patch within DSDT for it, works under 10.11.x and below; CoreBrightness issue, or DisplayService? IDK. Thanks.

post-826765-0-42850500-1507969718_thumb.jpg

JESUS IS IT JUST ME OR ALL YOU GUYS BANNED FROM TONYMAC86 SITE ANY WAY I FIXED THE WEBDRIVER PROBLEMGREAT {censored} NEWS TO ALL MY FRIENDS AT INSANLEYMAC  THAT MEANS 

LOKI THOR ODIN LUCYF3R 4CHAN AND THE OTHER NEGGERS TOO AND KDP 

ESPECIALLY CHRIS1111 EVEN THOUGH YOU NEGGERS BANNED ME I FIXED 

THE WEBDRIVER IT WORKS ON THE TITAN-X SUPER PUTIN CARD THE 24 GB 

MODEL IT WASNT EASY YOU NEED TO PUT YOUR MACINE INTO MACPRO 4.1

DONT USE Mac Pro 6.1 AND FOLLWO THESE INSTRUCTIONS 

NVIDIA has released MacOS High Sierra 10.13 graphics drivers

These drivers are currently the only way to get graphics card acceleration:

- PASCAL NEW PROTOTYPE TITAN XP TI L8K PUTIN 64 GB CARDS 

(WHY DOES PUTIN NEED A 8K GRAPHICS CARD WHO THE {censored} KNOWS MAYBE TO 3D BUILD GUNS AND NUKES YES I SAID A 3D PRINTED NUKE  WARHEAD

-Pascal GTX 1050, 1050 Ti, 1060, 1070, 1080, 1080 Ti, TITAN Xp

-Maxwell GTX 750, 750 Ti, 950, 960, 970, 980, 980 Ti, TITAN X

To uninstall the old WebDriver, follow these steps:

1.) Open NVIDIA Driver Manager in the menu bar item.

2.) Click the padlock icon and enter the administrator password.

3.) Click the uninstall button.

4.) Click Uninstall and continue with Uninstall. Restart the system as shown

5.) Install the original version of the AppleGraphicsControl.kext kext (only if you have previously edited it) in / S / L / E / Kext Utility

Ignore these steps if you come from a clean installation of High Sierra

To install the new officially distributed NVIDIA 10.13 WebDriver package, follow these steps:

1.) Download and install the NVIDIA WebDriver HighSierra 10.13.pkg package During installation, an error message will appear, ignore it and continue the installation until you are prompted to restart the system.

2.) Only for those who have smbios iMac 15.1 - iMac 17.1 - MacPro 6.1 Before restarting, put another kext other NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext.zip, NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext.zip and Lilu.kext folder in order to avoid the black screen problem after booting the system

3.) In some cases you must set the SIP (CsrActiveConfig) file to 0x3 in the .config file

4.) Now restart the system. At startup, you will have the fully functional WebDriver Nvidia with OpenGL and Metal 2 support: thumbsup_anim:

YES IT WORKS 100% OR I WILL GIVE YOU MY EFI FILE ZIPPED WITH TIM COOKES SERIAL

SORRY THEY WONT ALLOW ATTACHMENTS HERE 

My High Sierra installation suddenly stopped working this morning. I get only the stop sign, verbose mode shows this:

attachicon.gif736D62F8-DF22-4F06-843D-E135CCF8F63D.jpeg

followed by “Still waiting for root device”.

It doesn’t matter how I try to boot, from SSD or USB... any suggestions?

I will answer to myself, maybe it helps someone down the road:

1) Don't touch UEFI options if everything works!

2) If you do, use "-x NoCaches" and rebuild kextcache, because it is corrupted

EDIT: replaced -f with NoCaches. Replaced kernel cache with kextcache. What the h*ll was I thinking, Chameleon?

Edited by Morpheus NS

I will answer to myself, maybe it helps someone down the road:

1) Don't touch UEFI options if everything works!

2) If you do, use -x -f and rebuild kernel cache, because it is corrupted

Are you using an nvme drive?

I get a boot fail on my 960 evo after any changes. The SSD is always good though. Exactly the same EFI. Now I use the EFI from my 850 evo (backup SSD) and the 960 as boot drive.

Another thing, I went back the the Mac os extended format and the boot times are way quicker, plus it plays better with clover.

No, I am using Samsung 750 EVO SSD.

I was trying to experiment with CSM option (without fully understanding it) to get the full resolution in bootloader with my Asus Geforce 210. The next morning I couldn't boot from my SSD or USB with an error message I've never seen before (6 years of hackintosh "experience"). After countless hours of trying different things and failing, I tried booting with "-x -f" and got to the macOS. Then I repaired kernel cache and everything seems to be fine for now.

My APFS is very fast, the improvement is noticeable over HFS+, I am very happy with it so far.

Hm could be my cpu/motherboard then. What clover version?

just tested one and a half hour sleep without problem  

Hello,

I have installed an NVME disk on my Macbook Pro 15 retina (late 2013). It is recognized by the system with no problem.
But as my original SSD disk was broken I couldn't first install in an internal drive and as a consequence I didn't get the Firmware upgrade.

I really need the firmware upgrade as I want to boot from the NVME disk.

I have tried running the post_install scripts that are inside the FirmwareUpdatePackageExpanded folder of the HighSierra installer but I get the following error:

"usbcupdater[1291:52855] Error reading plist: No files to support boardID: Mac-2BD1B31983FE1663"

Does anyone know a way to have a Firmware upgrade on macbook without installation on the internal drive?

Regards,

Pedro

.13 not .13.1 beta?

No Kernel, Kext Patches?

.13 not .13.1 beta?

No Kernel, Kext Patches?

no xcpm KernelToPatch entries and no ssdt.aml or ssdt_xcpm.aml injection... yet FakeCUPID and CPU Type.... with my i9-7980XE I still need the ssdt.aml to make xcpm work at all... and yes 10.13. SU not 10.13.1..

try an old clover version... I mean before auto patching feature

no xcpm KernelToPatch entries and no ssdt.aml or ssdt_xcpm.aml injection... yet FakeCUPID and CPU Type.... with my i9-7980XE I still need the ssdt.aml to make xcpm work at all... 

try an old clover version... I mean before auto patching feature

Why should I do that? I mean with ssdt.aml, XCPM with my i9-7980XE works absolutely flawless. It was just surprising to me that with the i7-7820X and i9-7900X, ssdt.aml seems not necessary to make XCPM work at all.. However, I admit that the guys did not test yet further implications when omitting the ssdt.aml with the latter processors. Power nap and the correct association of C and P states might not properly work in the latter case... We have to see and test to know further details....