macOS High Sierra - Final Release is out! (17A365)

Allan
426 posts in this topic

Well, creating the USB installer is not the problem here. Getting the full installer app is.

You can create the USB installer using createinstallmedia command. Problem is, you need to have the FULL installer app in the Applications folder.

I found this article from OSX Daily to help you with the download part. See if it helps.

To make the USB installer, open Terminal and run this command:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

When done, install Clover on the USB drive, and you should be good to go.

Note 1: the command above assumes the default name of your USB drive is Untitled.  If it's not, make sure you update either the name of the drive itself, or the one in the command above, so they match.

Note 2: having Clover on the USB drive itself is not mandatory, though in my experience, it is recommended. If you're coming from an already working system, you can use the Clover on your HDD/SSD and just start your USB installation from there.

• Like 4

Well, creating the USB installer is not the problem here. Getting the full installer app is.

You can create the USB installer using createinstallmedia command. Problem is, you need to have the FULL installer app in the Applications folder.

I found this article from OSX Daily to help you with the download part. See if it helps.

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

Note 1: the command above assumes the default name of your USB drive is Untitled.  If it's not, make sure you update either the name of the drive itself, or the one in the command above, so they match.

Note 2: having Clover on the USB drive itself is not mandatory, though in my experience, it is recommended. If you're coming from an already working system, you can use the Clover on your HDD/SSD and just start your USB installation from there.

I've been plagued with the 19Mb High Sierra download and that little tool mentioned in the OSX Daily article works great! Thanks arsradu :)

• Like 2

Yup. Well like I said clearing NVRAM (sudo nvram -c) did the trick for me, so I can see that nvram.plist could be an issue. We'll see how it goes when 10.13.1 beta 2 is there  :D

It's still a "No Go" as far as attempting to update to 10.13.1 Public Beta 1 from the App Store.  

Things I have tried:

- running sudo nvram -c in terminal

​- updating Clover to v2.4k_r4220

- completely removing Windows 10 system which exists on a separate SSD from my rig

- Out of desperation and even though its been reported as no longer necessary, I even tried inserting 0xe907f537 within the Firmware Features in Clover SMBIOS field

Each attempt resulted in the same occurrence; Clover stalls/crashes on the installations initial reboot.   Verbose reports some nonsense about needing to rebuild the prelinked-kernel however my suspicion is that I am still not able to circumvent Apple's Firmware check.

Upon hard booting my rig, macOS 10.13 boots with no issue and I am left with the macOS Install Data folder as a reminder that updating has indeed failed once again.

Fix for ICH10 with High Sierra. Now with hot-plug support.

For this we need two binary patches.

First patch fix I/O error for ICH10:

4585F60F 95C289C8 83E0FE66 85C9780F 84D2750B -> 89C883E0 FE6685C9 0F98C141 08CC9090 9090750B 

With second patch will work hot-plug:

89C82540 6002003D 40200000 750C81E1 BF7FFFFF 898B5101 0000 -> 90909090 90909090 90909090 90909090 90909090 90909090 9090

With these two patches I got ICH10 with hot-plug.

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2017-09-30 в 14.40.42.png

Good luck ;)

Thanks ! My HDD for Time Machine works nice now with this patches (AppleAHCIPort.kext modded => Trash ! )

• Like 1

Hi,

i'm having problems currently on updating from the macOS High Sierra Beta to High Sierra Final. Tried everything, OTA Update, Boot via USB Flash Drive. Just nothing works.

I'm always stuck in the loading screen and the picture is just frozen with the Apple Logo and the loading circle. 

I have to say that i had some of these crazy problems the time i installed the beta too. I used the EFI folder from @cyberdevs and got it working. After updating i put back my EFI folder and everything worked fine.

Maybe i have the same problem again? I already updated the SMBIOS.

I'm currently using these SMBIOS settings:

BiosVersion: MP61.88Z.0120.B00.1708080652

Release Date: 08/08/2017

Firmware Features: 0xE80FE136

Features Mask: 0xFF1FFF3F

Plattform Features: 0x04

Maybe someone is nice enough to give me his EFI folder so i can try to get it work that way? :)

You need to boot in verbose mode, -v, so we can see when in the boot process your computer is hanging.  Also, you need to post your computer's specs in you signature?  Do you really think that the type of hardware you have doesn't matter?

That said, I can pretty much assure you that your video is not loading because that produces the scenario you described of the apple logo and the spinning circle at the same time.  You need to have only one detectable video card, your OEM SSDT, and let Clover generate P-States and C-States.  That's what got the Intel HD video to load on my laptop.  I have no idea what it will take for you without your specs.

It's still a "No Go" as far as attempting to update to 10.13.1 Public Beta 1 from the App Store.  

Things I have tried:

- running sudo nvram -c in terminal

​- updating Clover to v2.4k_r4220

- completely removing Windows 10 system which exists on a separate SSD from my rig

- Out of desperation and even though its been reported as no longer necessary, I even tried inserting 0xe907f537 within the Firmware Features in Clover SMBIOS field

Each attempt resulted in the same occurrence; Clover stalls/crashes on the installations initial reboot.   Verbose reports some nonsense about needing to rebuild the prelinked-kernel however my suspicion is that I am still not able to circumvent Apple's Firmware check.

Upon hard booting my rig, macOS 10.13 boots with no issue and I am left with the macOS Install Data folder as a reminder that updating has indeed failed once again.

Firmware failure most likely will result in an error message from the installer itself (i.e. "macOS couldn't be installed on this computer [an error occurred while verifying firmware|OSinstall.mpkg missing or damaged])

and not in Clover crashing. Take a pic from the verbose at the point it stalls.

Hi Guys, 

The OSinstall.mpkg missing or damaged issue on hacks can be caused by incorrect FakeSMC keys stored in NVRAM.  

You can try updating to @Slice's latest FakeSMC v3.50 which @Sherlocks reported fixes osinstall.mpkg issue related to EmuVariableUefi-64.efi on HS - post#277.

• Like 5

I think we've all been at that point a few times. This happens when you do it right. (instead of doing it wrong and use some ready to go thing that will patch your system with loads of modded kext files but you don't know exactly what's going on and for the price of what)

If you can get to the desktop with -x it's not that bad. Without knowing your system I'd recommend this: In most cases it's the best option to start excluding the graphics drivers first. You are booting VESA mode anyway, so I'd recommend to start with an mkdir an make a new folder called e.g. extensions_disabled and move your graphics drivers there from S/L/E. From there you can see if it boots fine w/o -x and start adding drivers back. You can always move them back by booting into -s, doing fsck and mount and after that just cd .. in your directory and move files with mv. 

This. Did everything myself without using any patches. Will try to disable the drivers. Maybe that's the key to success. 

That looks like a Clover/EFI issue to me. What did it change in there from Beta to Final? I remember having this issue while trying to recover a Skylake build. In my case, it was just missing kexts in Clover/kexts/Other. I just forgot to add the kexts (especially FakeSMC) in there. I managed to get Clover installed on the USB drive, using another computer, but I totally forgot to add the kexts, too. So i was having all kinds of crazy issue.

By the way, I understand your frustration. I had to recover a Skylake build after simply updating it to 10.13 and installing the Nvidia drivers. And now that I think about it, there might have been a better way to fix it. But you know, when you're in the moment, you don't always find the best solution. So you try what you know hoping that it will work. Sometime does, sometimes (like in my case booting with nv_disable=1), doesn't. So you need to improvise.

Like creating a bootable USB with Clover on it. Having all the right files on it. Optionally with MacOS install on it, as well. But Clover is essential here.

And, pro tip: update your kexts once in a while. Not having NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext updated from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 (if you think that's a minor update, well, you would be wrong) cost me a lot of time and stress. So yeah, update your kexts once in a while.

And pro tip #2: try to use, as much as possible, supported hardware. Do your research before trying to make a computer run software that's not supposed to run by default. Having a supported video card, for example, can save you from A TON of pain and frustration. And this is just one example. So do your research beforehand.

I was really frustrated and already thought about an clean install only cause i put a lot of time into it to get it back running and nothing worked.

Like i said back in the Beta i had the same problems. I used other EFI Folders and run into the same problems until i got one that worked. 

I currently have an Sapphire R9 390 Nitro running in the system. Got it working with an Boot GPU (Nvidia) cause i use an Intel Xeon CPU (I first build the system for gaming only). It worked very fast on Sierra and in the High Sierra Beta.

Didn't had any issues with it. As well as System Updates via the Update Tab on the Mac App Store. Only these Big Update are a pain in the .... for me. I also have to to update the amd controllers after an big update to get the GPU back

running fast.

Thank You .. appreciate..

But why this problem started from this version ?

Before I have download macOS sierra that have no problem.

4585F60F 95C289C8 83E0FE66 85C9780F 84D2750B -> 89C883E0 FE6685C9 0F98C141 08CC9090 9090750B 

89C82540 6002003D 40200000 750C81E1 BF7FFFFF 898B5101 0000 -> 90909090 90909090 90909090 90909090 90909090 90909090 9090

Good luck ;)

As I said before Hot-Plug patch work like a charm for 7-Series and Asmedia. I try also Fix I/O patch without Fabio1971's kext; system show Generic. So, I always use the AppleAHCIPort.kext by Fabio1971 (EFI/Clover/Kext/10.13) the GenericAHCI display by the system instead of "Asmedia"  :)

Sorry for my bad english.

post-1110743-0-28763000-1506840889_thumb.png

• Like 1

Thank You .. appreciate..

But why this problem started from this version ?

Before I have download macOS sierra that have no problem.

I'm not sure. I would say it's a server issue on Apple's side...? Because, on the same system, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've also encountered this issue with a Skylake build. Never with the one in the signature. So not sure what to say. I have no technical explanation for it. Just that, maybe, sometimes, the server fails to download the file. Maybe something is not properly recognized, maybe too many people download the same thing at the same time... I honestly don't know.

• Like 1

Good luck ;)

doesn't work for me !

does anyone know the patch to apply?

post-1373167-0-02539400-1506847207.png

I really need help with the Update. I unpluged the Boot GPU and now i'm in the Update Settings. Problem now is, that apparently my system isn't allowrd to pass the Firmware check even with using current SMBIOS Settings that i posted earlyer. Maybe someone would be nice enough to post hus EFI folder to me to use for the update? Please

@all

in this final High Sierra release is it possible to boot in "VGA"mode if you have a Nvidia (Pascal,Maxwell) if you have Nvidiaweb driver installed?

in my case all old method do not work

maybe

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>17A365 to 16G29</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
PHN0cmluZz4xN0EzNjU8L3N0cmluZz4=
</data>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<true/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>NVDAStartupWeb</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
PHN0cmluZz4xNkcyOTwvc3RyaW5nPg==
</data>

Did you got a good performance with APFS?

Yes on my Laptop I have two Internal  SSDNow V300 2,5 po de Kingston -one 120 go for Windows 10 and one 240 Go APFS volumes for macOS High Sierra

I have one SSD eSATA WD Blue PC SSD WDS250G1B0A - 250 Go for Sierra 10.12.6

The performance for High Sierra APFS is very good here, the boot time also fast  ;) I am Happy of macOS High Sierra :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 3

Yes on my Laptop I have two Internal  SSDNow V300 2,5 po de Kingston -one 120 go for Windows 10 and one 240 Go APFS volumes for macOS High Sierra

I have one SSD eSATA WD Blue PC SSD WDS250G1B0A - 250 Go for Sierra 10.12.6

The performance for High Sierra APFS is very good here, the boot time also fast  ;) I am Happy of macOS High Sierra :thumbsup_anim:

Is so good to hear that from you and others guys.

My hack is very similar to yours hacks, so I can take a good decision to erase my stable El Cap to go to the High Sierra.  ;)

Thanks buddy  ^_^

@all

in this final High Sierra release is it possible to boot in "VGA"mode if you have a Nvidia (Pascal,Maxwell) if you have Nvidiaweb driver installed?

in my case all old method do not work

Thought I was the only one with this issue. But yeah, I know what you're talking about. And personally, I wasn't able to boot with nv_disable=1 after installing the High Sierra Nvidia driver with a GTX 950. Looks like a driver problem to me though. So maybe the next update will fix that.

Good luck ;)

Thanks Sunki My X58 board fixed I/O error for ICH10R

Hi Guys, 

The OSinstall.mpkg missing or damaged issue on hacks can be caused by incorrect FakeSMC keys stored in NVRAM.  

You can try updating to @Slice's latest FakeSMC v3.50 which @Sherlocks reported fixes osinstall.mpkg issue related to EmuVariableUefi-64.efi on HS - post#277.

This worked for me. Fresh install of 10.13 release and no OSInstall error with 3.5, didnt remove EmuVariableUEFI and system installed without a hitch. That was before seeing this post so im just confirming it.

• Like 2

This worked for me. Fresh install of 10.13 release and no OSInstall error with 3.5, didnt remove EmuVariableUEFI and system installed without a hitch. That was before seeing this post so im just confirming it.

I did a clean install on my SkyLake with my previous settings (old FakeSMC) with EmuVaraiableUEFI.efi present in the drivers64UEFI and it was successful.

But its good to know that the new FakeSMC resolved the issue.