[SUCCESS] Mac OSX Sierra Hackintosh on MSI H61M-P31 (G3)

xW4LK3R

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys the reason why I'm making this post is because I didn't think I was going to be able to make a new version of Hackintosh in my old computer. It turned out that I actually could and it works flawlessly! :) 

I will tell you what I've made so if you have similar components you can take my guide so you can install it as well. 

SPECS: 

Mobo: H61M-P31 (G3) 
Processor: i3 3220
GPU: GTX 1070 (EVGA SC)

Memory: 8 GB (2x4 1333 MHz) 
Storage: 2x SEAGATE 500 GB (Windows 10 installed on the 1 HD, Mac OS X in the 2)

Display: SAMSUNG 23PL S23C550

Where did I start?

I started by downloading the Mac OS Sierra DMG (Niresh's version) and then transferred to a USB (8 GB) in Windows using Transmac app. It's pretty simple, there are tutorials available on the net how to do it.

After you've transferred the DMG to your FLASH USB you will have to go to your BIOS and change SATA IDE to SATA AHCI mode. Also, you'll have to change the HDDs order for booting. If you want to make a dual boot with your windows system you'll have to let the Mac OS X HDD boot first so you can access your Windows system in Clover bootloader. Pretty simple, see more of the "how to" here (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303960-success-yosemite-hackintosh-on-msi-h61m-p31w8/

Boot from USB

After choosing your USB by pressing F11, there's no need to type anything ("darts=0 -v" is inserted by default on the boot loader) after you wait the loading if everything goes well you'll be able to see the setup Mac OS X screen. 

Installation

No mystery here just do what you've learnt and format the HD who is going to host Mac OS X Sierra (that can simply be found on youtube). After you have done all the HD stuff it's time to move on with the insulation. When you finally reach the part where you need to choose your HDD to install Mac OS on, go to Customize in the left bottom corner.  In Customize you'll have to change the bootloader from "Chameleon" to "Clover", for some reason when I tried to install with chameleon on it didn't proceed with the installation and I got several errors. That's very important to keep going with the installation process. 

Post-installation

If everything gone well you'll now be in the Desktop of your OS. Wait about 10 minutes so the system can configure and make all the changes. After that, the things you'll need to configure are your GPU and the Audio (if your audio for some reason have a static sound or an annoying noise). Also, you'll need to UPDATE your system to the version 10.12.6 so you can install the driver. No mystery here, just go to Appstore and update it and boot your system again (no flag needed). 

GTX 1070 Driver (Nvidia Web Driver)

in order to get your GTX 1070 working (works for all pascals and only) you'll need to install (378.05.05.25f01) version which worked for me. You can find it on this link: (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312525-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-sierra-update-07212017/)

After you install your web driver you'll have to activate it on your bootloader.

Nvidia Web Driver Activation

After restarting your computer once you've installed the driver you'll need to go on Clover Configurator (which can be found by searching in Spotlight). After that, follow these steps: 

1 > You'll get a message that Clover didn't find the config.plist and will ask you to mount an EFI Partition. Click on: Mount EFI Partition

2 > You'll see the EFI Partition in the bottom, then click on "Mount Partition" after that you'll click on "Open Partition"

3 > Go to: EFI > CLOVER > CONFIG.PLIST > Open with TextEdit

4 > Scroll down to the last lines and replace: 

<key>SystemParameters</key>

<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

5 > Close the TextEdit and save your changes. 

- After that reboot your system, you'll probably get your Pascal GPU working by now. 

Audio FIX / Microphone Fix / Siri Fix

In order to get your microphone working/siri. You'll need to download the file: "VoodooHDA.Kext" and then follow these steps: VoodooHDA.kext.zip

1 - > Open Kext Wizard > click on "Installation" tab > drag and drop the file you've just downloaded and drop it in the middle of the app screen > click on Install.

After that, reboot your system and you'll probably get everything working by now just as I do :) 

qiowM7w.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you for this good tutorial

It is a very old motherboard with P31 chipset ! but you made it work.

If you would rather have a nVidia PCIe graphics card without web driver, it would be easier.

But apart from that, good luck with the old board for a while to come.

• Like 1

Thank you for this good tutorial
It is a very old motherboard with P31 chipset ! but you made it work.
If you would rather have a nVidia PCIe graphics card without web driver, it would be easier.
But apart from that, good luck with the old board for a while to come.

You're welcome! This forum has helped me since I tried to install the Hackintosh for the first time. I was an AMD user and still got it working. This time it was somewhat easy! :>

And yeah I wasn't lucky enough to have the drivers for my graphics right out of the box but with some tweaks here and there it's finally working! (not as good as in windows in games but still counts xD)  

Planing to use MAC for music production and recordings. You think it's a good idea? 

xW4LK3R See my Sig. I have a .something later Version from MSI Motherboard is a P55 GD65 and this work good with

Latest 10.13 GM. I think today coms the Final 10.13 out.

You think it's worth it, to upgrade? I'm afraid of not getting my graphics enabled since it took a while to the drivers release for the pascals.

With your older P31 chipset I don't know exactly how to do this with High Sierra 10.13, it's not only the nVidia web driver problem,

other things in the OS itself (AHCI ports etc.) can cause problems with P31 intel chipset.

Make a backup image first and then on another partition you can test 10.13.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi. I have an MSI H61M-P21 working just  fine, bit I can not make work an USB 3.0 PCI board on it. The board la recognized by OS as new hard but the ports are not responding when pendrive or hdd is connected. Do you have any solution to fix this?

Many thanks

• 1 year later...
On 1/27/2019 at 6:44 PM, HfSOC said:

Hi. I have an MSI H61M-P21 working just  fine, bit I can not make work an USB 3.0 PCI board on it. The board la recognized by OS as new hard but the ports are not responding when pendrive or hdd is connected. Do you have any solution to fix this?

Many thanks

Sadly I don't. I think if you dig deeper into your PCI USB 3.0 model on forums asking for kexts and trying to install them so it can work, you'll get it done!

Good luck! =)