xela

Alienware 15 R3 on OS X 10.12.6

133 posts in this topic

Hey, just wanted to add to this thread. With the MacBook Pro SMBIOS I've been having laggy log in screen and other password prompts. Highly recommend adding NoTouchID.kext to your EFI.

Advertisement
1 hour ago, 10rb1988 said:

Hey, just wanted to add to this thread. With the MacBook Pro SMBIOS I've been having laggy log in screen and other password prompts. Highly recommend adding NoTouchID.kext to your EFI.

Thanks !

On 8/29/2018 at 6:15 AM, 10rb1988 said:

Where is this kext ?

Thanks @xela i was able to have my Alienware running with both graphics cards, intel and gtx, i have an issue with IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext once i removed my graphics loaded without errors
my specs:
Bios version 1.3.0

4k panel (no-gsycn)

i7 6700HQ
16 GB DDR4 of ram
Intel 530
GTX 1070

Working
HDMI - Mini display port (both)

Trackpad

Keyboard

Audio, only speakers

Bluetooth

Intel 530

GTX 1070

Webcam

Not working

Screen brightness

Audio jack - weird sounds when is connected

Killer wifi 1435 - i'll add an usb mac compatible wifi,

Turn on/off bluetooth (always on)

Note: since my audio jack isn't working i connected bluetooth headphones and sound is good

Clover.zip

Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 11.38.22 PM.png

5 hours ago, luisrene88 said:

Thanks @xela i was able to have my Alienware running with both graphics cards, intel and gtx, i have an issue with IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext once i removed my graphics loaded without errors
my specs:
Bios version 1.3.0

4k panel (no-gsycn)

i7 6700HQ
16 GB DDR4 of ram
Intel 530
GTX 1070

Working
HDMI - Mini display port (both)

Trackpad

Keyboard

Audio, only speakers

Bluetooth

Intel 530

GTX 1070

Webcam

Not working

Screen brightness

Audio jack - weird sounds when is connected

Killer wifi 1435 - i'll add an usb mac compatible wifi,

Turn on/off bluetooth (always on)

Note: since my audio jack isn't working i connected bluetooth headphones and sound is good

Clover.zip

Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 11.38.22 PM.png

Screen brightness should work with AppleBacklightInjector.kext installed into /Library/Extension, check out the attached. If the AppleBacklightInjector.kext does not work for you, follow the link and create your own 4k panel AppleBacklightInjector.kext.

Audio jack, try enable HDAEnabler11.kext in Clover/kext and remove CloverHDA.kext.

AppleBacklightInjector.zip

Edited by xela

5 hours ago, xela said:

Screen brightness should work with AppleBacklightInjector.kext installed into /Library/Extension, check out the attached. If the AppleBacklightInjector.kext does not work for you, follow the link and create your own 4k panel AppleBacklightInjector.kext.

Audio jack, try enable HDAEnabler11.kext in Clover/kext and remove CloverHDA.kext.

AppleBacklightInjector.zip

AppleBacklightInjector doesn't work, follow which link? i think is missing
I googled HDAEnabler11 without results only results for HDAEnabler1 but doesn't work, my audio is disabled when the kext is added, also tried with HDAEnabler2 and HDAEnabler12 with the same bahavior

1 hour ago, luisrene88 said:

AppleBacklightInjector doesn't work, follow which link? i think is missing
I googled HDAEnabler11 without results only results for HDAEnabler1 but doesn't work, my audio is disabled when the kext is added, also tried with HDAEnabler2 and HDAEnabler12 with the same bahavior

In the attached,you should have "Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightInjector" , thats the link 

You can find HDAEnabler11.kext in your Clover/kext/Others/_disable/HDAEnabler11.kext, remove CloverHDA also