Cannot install or update while on NVME (verbose pic)

pianoguy

1 post in this topic

Ever since high Sierra, my Patriot Hellfire NVME works "natively" if I first install on a normal SSD and then "clone" to the NVME. However, I can not install directly to the NVME nor can I install the beta updates on it. I get the same error on all these attempts (some weird verbose code that I never see otherwise). It crashes immediately after this picture and never reaches the installer/updater. Picture is attached (to clarify, i can install and update fine on an SSD or HDD, but not on NVME)

Update, I got past that verbose error. I noticed it was mentioning i was loading a kext that wasnt even in the "Other" folder and discovered that when installing High Sierra, clover is looking in the 10.12 kext folder (which had my 10.12.6 nvme kext). I removed the kexts from the 10.12 folder and now it boots to the updater. Teh new problem is that it cant install the update as it says "MacOs could not be installed on your computer" and then something about path system/installer etc being missing or corrupted.

Update, reran the update from the AppStore and the update installed fine. Problem solved.

post-1107547-0-95478300-1504152541_thumb.png