IntelGraphicsFixup, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, and Shiki are now officially dead and are part of WhateverGreen. Using them together is not supported and will lead to undefined behaviour.
New WhateverGreen features should improve the maintainability, compatibility and performance of the overall solution, as well as simplify the installation.
For the time being the latest versions of Lilu, AppleALC, and WhateverGreen are only available in source and are recommended for trying.
Intel GuC firmware loading caused random freezes and kernel panics as well as no visible performance boost (aside different numbers in sensors) and was removed as harmful. The rest of the functionality is mostly intact.
Hi, I want to install MacOS Catalina on my laptop.
I was installed MacOS Mojave previously but i had a lot of problem, for example my wifi's card (Dell DW1820A) had a problem: My pc sometimes doesn't boot up or pc after some minutes crashed or slowed.
Now i want to try again to install macOS.
this is my spec:
CPU: i7 6500U with HD520
SSD: 500GB SSD Samsung
Wifi & Bluetooth: Dell DW1820A (Bluetooth: BCM2045A0) (Wifi: BCM94350ZAE)
Ethernet: Realtek 8100
Attached in this thread, my old clover configuration created by me (CLOVER OLD) and clover with Wifi driver (CLOVER) created by Hervè (I had asked help at insanelymac's community)
P.S SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH.
Thanks in advance
-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
Thanks to KGP for SSDT Thunderbolt
Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
10/17/2018 08:12h GMT-0
- Fix Kexts permissions commands adjusted.
- Removed FrameBuffer patch that is not needed.
- Added audio solution and HDMI.
- Unfortunately DisplayPort does not work.
- Replaced Wifi/BT with DW1560 (BCM94352Z)
10/11/2018 04:15h GMT-0
- Added USB 3.0 patch.
- Adjusted some steps.
- Changed text formatting.
- Make audio work.
- Make HDMI audio work.
- Test DisplayPort.
- Make second ethernet work.
- Replace Wifi/Bluetooth.
- Test DP.
What you need to install
- Running install of macOS - One USB flash drive of 8GB or bigger - macOS Mojave install app
- Clover Configurator - Clover EFI
- Clover Configurator
- Some KEXTs and SSDT patches
How create create the install flash drive
Prepare install flash drive
Format the flash drive with GUID partition mapping and name it "Install".
- Open Disk Utility. - Click in View, then "Show All Devices". - Select the destination flash drive, then Erase. - Name: Install, Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and Scheme: GUID Partition Map
Create install flash drive
Open terminal and run this command:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install --nointeraction
This will take about 30 minutes. / 8 minutes with USB 3.0
Download the CloverEFI (used 5058, from Automated Clover Builds) and install with this options on "Install macOS Mojave":
- Install for UEFI booting only - Install Clover in the ESP - UEFI Drivers - Recommended drivers (check all) - UEFI Drivers - Human Interface Devices (check all)
- UEFI Drivers - FileVault 2 UEFI Drivers (check all, If you are going to use FileVault)
- UEFI Drivers - Additional drivers - NvmExpressDxe (if you are going to use NVMe)
Make things works
We'll make a full working flash drive, so follow these instructions:
Will be mounted the EFI partition of the flash drive.
Open the the /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist inside this new partition with Clover Configurator (used 184.108.40.206)
- Change: Macmini8,1 - Mac mini (Late 2018) | Intel Core i7-8700B @ 3.20 GHz
- Click: Generate New (few times in the two buttons)
Need some Kexts in the folder /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
- Download the HWSensors 3 from here. I used the FakeSMC.kext, ACPIMonitor.kext, ITEIT87x.kext and IntelCPUMonitor.kext inside of DMG version r240.
- Download the Lilu.kext from here. I used the version 1.3.8.
Need a Kext in the folder /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
- Download the USBInjectAll.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1108.
Need SSDT patch in the folder /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
- Download the SSDT-EC.aml, SSDT-UIAC.aml and SSDT-USBX attached bellow.
Wifi and Bluetooth (BCM94360CS)
Works out of box (plug 'n' play).
Need a Kext for feach card in the folder /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
- Download the IntelMausiEthrenet.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1031.
- Download the SmallTreeIntel82576.kext attached bellow. I do not remember where I found it.
Now you can start the instalation without problem (I guess).
UEFI Setup Configuration and Installation
- Shutdown and insert the flash. - Power on with DEL pressed to enter BIOS setup. - Change value: Periphelrals - Initial Display to IGP - Change value: Periphelrals - USB Configuration - XHCI Hand-off to ENABLE - Change value: Chipset - VT-d to DISABLE - Change value: Chipset - Internal Graphics to ENABLE - Change value: Chipset - DVMT Pre-Allocated to 128M
- Save & Exit Setup
- Now, hold the F12
- In the list, select your flash drive.
- It will show twice. One with UEFI prefix and another without.
- Select with UEFI prefix. Ie.: "UEFI: Sandisk Cruzer"
The installer will start.
Format destination disk
Format the disk with GUID partition mapping and name it "HD".
- Select Disk Utility in the list, then press Continue. - Click in View, then "Show All Devices". - Select the destination Disk, then Erase. - Name: HD, Format: APFS and Scheme: GUID Partition Map
Close Disk Utility. Select "Install macOS", then Continue. Follow instructions in screen.
After first part install the system will reboot. The second part of the installation will begin. This will take 16 minutes.
When the second part of install finish, the system will reboot again.
After performing the user initial setup and go to the desktop, you need to install Clover on internal disk.
Open the Clover installer inside flash drive that you copied before.
Use same options above but choose the system partition this time.
Now you need to replace the EFI folder inside your destination disk EFI parittion, with EFI folder inside flash card EFI partition.
If the flash drive EFI partition of your destination disk or flash drive is unmounted:
Mount with terminal "sudo diskutil mount /dev/rdiskXs1". To know what X is, use "diskutil list", most likely is 0 for destination disk and 1 for flash drive.
Then, eject the flash drive.
Move all Kexts from EFI partition to /Library/Extensions, with those commands in Terminal:
sudo cp -R /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.14/* /Library/Extensions/
sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -i /
Restart the system.
System update 10.14.6
- Download and open latest CloverConfigurator
- Open Mount EFI and click in Mount Partition in EFI Partitions list
- Click in Open Partition that appears
- Go to EFI -> CLOVER
- Backup config.plist and ACPI folder to desktop
- Go back and delete CLOVER folder
(If you restart now you can't boot in macOS - DON'T RESTART)
- Download latest Clover and install (link and config above)
- Replace config.plist and ACPI folder from your desktop
I would like to thank the following community members, by making these dream possible: @crushers, @snatch, @apianti, @blackosx, @blusseau, @dmazar, @slice2009, @autumnrain, @phpdev32, @EMlyDinEsH, @RehabMan, @Scellow, @mitch_de, @Shailua, @Andy Vandijck, @maxfierke, @ArturXXX, @LexHimself, @brumas and all others members involved directly or indirectly.