IntelGraphicsFixup, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, and Shiki are now officially dead and are part of WhateverGreen. Using them together is not supported and will lead to undefined behaviour.
New WhateverGreen features should improve the maintainability, compatibility and performance of the overall solution, as well as simplify the installation.
For the time being the latest versions of Lilu, AppleALC, and WhateverGreen are only available in source and are recommended for trying.
Intel GuC firmware loading caused random freezes and kernel panics as well as no visible performance boost (aside different numbers in sensors) and was removed as harmful. The rest of the functionality is mostly intact.
First beta... macOS Catalina 10.15 beta (19A471t) Release Notes!!!
macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.dmg.zip (thanks to gengik84)
Clover r4945 (thanks to Cyberdevs)
Lilu_plugins (thanks to gengik84)
Port Limit Patch (thanks to daliansky)
older non metal nVidia and Intel cards (thanks to fusion71au))
Patch Catalina or Mojave macOS Installer App for Unsupported Machines
Often for economic reasons, Apple prevents the Installer.app for its latest macOS from installing on older machines perfectly capable of running it eg macOS 10.14 Mojave on Unsupported Macs Thread.
In Mojave 10.14, @ASentientBot posted a method to patch the distribution file in OSInstall.mpkg to enable the Mojave installer to install on unsupported machines (with or without graphics card metal support).
In Catalina 10.15beta, the above method no longer works since Apple is checking OSInstall.mpkg for its file signature and the mandatory requirement in Catalina to install to 2 separate apfs volumes necessitates using the original Catalina macOS Base System Installer. Fortunately, it is still possible to substitute High Sierra’s Apple Signed OSInstall.mpkg inside the Catalina or Mojave InstallESD.dmg by making it R/W.
The procedure below will allow Macs or Hacks able to install High Sierra to also install Catalina or Mojave (eg SMBIOS MacPro5,1, iMac11,3, MacBook Pro7,1 which have been unsupported in macOS 10.14.x and 10.15beta) -credit to @ASentientBot's post.
1. Mac or Hack capable of and running High Sierra 10.13.x
2. An original, untouched copy of OSInstall.mpkg from High Serra InstallESD.dmg - attached OSInstall_10.13.6.mpkg.zip save to your ~/Downloads folder
3. macOS Installer App eg for Catalina beta or Mojave downloaded to /Applications
4. Add NVRAM boot arg (or Clover config.plist boot arg on a hack) -no_compat_check to enable system to boot to final completed Mojave or Catalina install.
1. Open Terminal and type the following
open /Applications/Install*/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg (assuming the Catalina or Mojave Installer App is in /Applications)
2. Open Disk Utility, click File|New Image|Image from ‘InstallESD”
3. Save as read/write image, no encryption in /Applications
4. Unmount InstallESD in DU by clicking the "eject" icon next to it
5. Open the R/W InstallSD.dmg in /Applications and replace Catalina’s/Mojave's OSInstall.mpkg with High Sierra’s version by typing in terminal
cp ~/Downloads/OSInstall_10.13.6.mpkg /Volumes/InstallESD/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg
6. Unmount InstallESD in DU by clicking the "eject" icon next to it
7. Replace original Catalina/Mojave InstallESD.dmg with our patched one, making a backup of the original. In terminal, type
sudo mv /Applications/Install*/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg /Applications/InstallESD_orig.dmg
sudo mv /Applications/InstallESD.dmg /Applications/Install*/Contents/SharedSupport/
8. Test the newly patched installer!…
10/17/2018 08:12h GMT-0
- Fix Kexts permissions commands adjusted.
- Removed FrameBuffer patch that is not needed.
- Added audio solution and HDMI.
- Unfortunately DisplayPort does not work.
- Replaced Wifi/BT with DW1560 (BCM94352Z)
10/11/2018 04:15h GMT-0
- Added USB 3.0 patch.
- Adjusted some steps.
- Changed text formatting.
Need a Kext in the folder /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
- Download the USBInjectAll.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1108.
Need SSDT patch in the folder /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
- Download the SSDT-EC.aml, SSDT-UIAC.aml and SSDT-USBX attached bellow.
Wifi and Bluetooth (BCM94360CS)
Works out of box (plug 'n' play).
Need a Kext for feach card in the folder /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
- Download the IntelMausiEthrenet.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1031.
- Download the SmallTreeIntel82576.kext attached bellow. I do not remember where I found it.
Now you can start the instalation without problem (I guess).
UEFI Setup Configuration and Installation
- Shutdown and insert the flash. - Power on with DEL pressed to enter BIOS setup. - Change value: Periphelrals - Initial Display to IGP - Change value: Periphelrals - USB Configuration - XHCI Hand-off to ENABLE - Change value: Chipset - VT-d to DISABLE - Change value: Chipset - Internal Graphics to ENABLE - Change value: Chipset - DVMT Pre-Allocated to 128M
- Save & Exit Setup
- Now, hold the F12
- In the list, select your flash drive.
- It will show twice. One with UEFI prefix and another without.
- Select with UEFI prefix. Ie.: "UEFI: Sandisk Cruzer"
The installer will start.
Format destination disk
Format the disk with GUID partition mapping and name it "HD".
- Select Disk Utility in the list, then press Continue. - Click in View, then "Show All Devices". - Select the destination Disk, then Erase. - Name: HD, Format: APFS and Scheme: GUID Partition Map
Close Disk Utility. Select "Install macOS", then Continue. Follow instructions in screen.
After first part install the system will reboot. The second part of the installation will begin. This will take 16 minutes.
When the second part of install finish, the system will reboot again.
After performing the user initial setup and go to the desktop, you need to install Clover on internal disk.
Open the Clover installer inside flash drive that you copied before.
Use same options above but choose the system partition this time.
Now you need to replace the EFI folder inside your destination disk EFI parittion, with EFI folder inside flash card EFI partition.
If the flash drive EFI partition of your destination disk or flash drive is unmounted:
Mount with terminal "sudo diskutil mount /dev/rdiskXs1". To know what X is, use "diskutil list", most likely is 0 for destination disk and 1 for flash drive.
Then, eject the flash drive.
Move all Kexts from EFI partition to /Library/Extensions, with those commands in Terminal:
sudo mv -R /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.14/* /Library/Extensions/
sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -i /
Restart the system.
And last but not least
I would like to thank the following community members, by making these dream possible: @crushers, @snatch, @apianti, @blackosx, @blusseau, @dmazar, @slice2009, @autumnrain, @phpdev32, @EMlyDinEsH, @RehabMan, @Scellow, @mitch_de, @Shailua, @Andy Vandijck, @maxfierke, @ArturXXX, @LexHimself, @brumas and all others members involved directly or indirectly.