Dell Precision T7610 Workstation
Hackintosh GUIDE (Work in Progress)
This Workstation used to be a Beast with Dual CPUs and tons of RAM, I Know it is now normal to get that much cores in a Desktop but it is still a very decent machine for me (As a Programmer), and I thought it would be a good idea to Install MacOS as the Daily Driver Rather than Linux and It turns out to be a very Great Experience (with Some Challenges ).
CPU: 2x Xeon E5-2680 v2 2.8GHz Ten Core Processors RAM: 128 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Memory GPU: SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 580 8GD5 Chipset: Intel C602 Audio: Realtek ALC3220 (ALC280) High Definition Audio SAS Drive Controllers (RAID): LSI 2308 SATA/SAS 6Gb/s controller with host based RAID 0, 1, 10 (4 Network Controller 1: Intel 82579 Gigabit Ethernet controller with Remote Wake UP, PXE and Jumbo frames support
Network Controller 2: Intel Ethernet Controller I210
NEC USB3.0 xHCI Controller: Renesas Electronics uPD720201 & uPD720202
Both "Xeon E5-2680 v2" and all cores with Power Management and P-States (using VoodooTSCSync & ssdtPRGen.sh) ATI Radeon HD 4870 (Vanilla) Realtek ALC3220 (ALC280) (using VoodooHDA till Now - it is partially working with AppleALC using layout-id 13) LSI 2308 SAS (using AstekFusion2) Intel 82579 Network Controller (Vanilla) Intel I210 Network Controller (IntelMausiEthernet) USB 2.0
NEC USB3.0 xHCI Controller (Renesas Electronics uPD720201 & uPD720202) Sleep
After a long run, I successfully upgraded High Sierra to mojave 10.14 on an intel 5 series chipset MotherBoard.
GPU1: Saphire AMD RX 460
GPU2: Nvidia 8400GS
Storage: 500 GB HDD WD Green.
1) macOS pre mojave.
2) macOS mojave installer from Apple store.
3) Empty partition or USB to upgrade from.
4) Un-mout all unused dmgs.
5) GPT/GUID HDD.
1) Prepare an empty partition or USB with at least 6 GB.
2) Format the partition or USB with GUID partition table and HFS+ partition with a name BootablePartition.
3) Go to /Application/Install macOS Mojave.app.
4) Show Package Contents.
5) Go to Contents/SharedSupport you will find BaseSystem.dmg.
6) Double click on BaseSystem.dmg to mount.
7) From Disk Utilty click on your partition or the USB that you prepared from number (2).
8) Click on restore, and chose OS X Base System (BaseSystem.dmg image), then restore it to that partition or USB.
9) After restoring rename the partition back to BootablePartition.
9) Run this command:
rm -rfv /Volumes/BootablePartition/System/Installation/Packages 10) Create a new folder instead of the broken link and name it Packages, run this command:
mkdir -v /Volumes/BootablePartition/System/Installation/Packages 11) Go back to /Application/Install macOS Mojave.app and repeat number 2.
12) Go to Contents/SharedSupport you will find InstallESD.dmg.
13) Mount InstallESD.dmg.
14) Run this command:
cp -v /Volumes/InstallESD/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg /Volumes/BootablePartition/System/Installation/Packages/ 15) Download the latest clover from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/
16) Install clover on your USB BootablePartition or in a different USB to boot from it. delete all your CLOVER/kext/10.xx and keep others, make sure you don't have any extra kext rather than FakeSMC.kext in the other folder.
in my case I used FakeSMC.kext and my lan kext RealtekRTL8111.kext.
17) known Problems in my build:
If I updated directly from the apple store the installer in clover will boot with a cross circle sign.
The FIX is to add this to Clover KextToPatch Thanks to @sunKi http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/327488-macos-high-sierra-final-release-is-out-17a365/page-10?do=findComment&comment=2505086 this fix is still working for me in mojave.
<key>KextsToPatch</key> <array> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>fix IO error ICH10 for 10.13, credit SunKi</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> RYX2D5XCiciD4P5mhcl4D4TSdQs= </data> <key>Name</key> <string>AppleAHCIPort</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> iciD4P5mhckPmMFBCMyQkJCQdQs= </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>fix hotplug ICH10 for 10.13, credit SunKi</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> icglQGACAD1AIAAAdQyB4b9///+Ji1EBAAA= </data> <key>Name</key> <string>AppleAHCIPort</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> kJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJA= </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>External icons patch</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> RXh0ZXJuYWw= </data> <key>Name</key> <string>AppleAHCIPort</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> SW50ZXJuYWw= </data> </dict> </array> 18) make sure you have apfs.efi copy it from /Volumes/BootablePartition/usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi to your EFI/CLOVER/drivers64/ and EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.
19) SMBIOS mac model that I use is iMac13,2.
20) Go to /Application/Install macOS Mojave.app click on it and chose to install to your macOS Mojave partition.
22) From clover chose BootablePartion.
23) If everything is okie BootablePartition will boot to install macOS mojave, wait wait wait till it finish it might take to 1 hour just wait it will reach the auto reboot soon .
24) Boot to your old macOS Hight Sierra that will be your mojave partition now and enjoy.
a) Download Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext or build them from source (which I did).
b) place them in your /EFI/CLOVER/kext/others/
c) add your audio layout in clover/Devices dict options in my case it's ALC888B which has the layout of 1:
<key>Audio</key> <dict> <key>Inject</key> <string>1</string> </dict> d) I had to add beta args to clover/Boot dict, argument (-lilubeta -alcbeta):
<key>Arguments</key> <string>-lilubeta -alcbeta</string> 2) Add number 14 KextsToPath array to your clover as well.
Anything else is working for me I didn't need any extra clover kext so far, I tried whatevergreen.kext to fire up my rx 460 without the helper card but no success, So I am just sticking with booting from Nvidia as a first GPU from my motherboard configuration then swap the cables after choosing my macOS partion from clover.
After upgrading my HFS+ High Sierra partition converted to APFS, no know problem so far.
Happy build and more info about the partitioning method with a more detailed instructions in this post that I used to update my Sierra to High Sierra
Special thanks to crazybirdy, sunKi and all of you out there that make this happens.
Installing macOS Mojave on Lenovo ThinkPad L440
There are two version of this laptop:
- 20AS = Chipset QM87, without Express Card (mine).
- 20AT = Chipset HM86, with Express Card.
I strong believe is the same thing...
02/05/2019 18:47h GMT-0
- Updated info about CPU replacement and 4G LTE modem.
02/04/2019 15:24h GMT-0
- Sometimes the VoodooHDA.kext doesn't work.
- Added AppleHDADisabler.kext to fix that (attached bellow).
01/24/2019 14:42h GMT-0
- Added more adjustments to use of VoodooHDA.
- Updated VoodooHDA links to 2.9.1 official (without installer).
- Changed PCM volume from 90 to 180 in Info.plist (attached modified VoodooHDA.kext bellow)
- Updated SSDT-L440.aml (Removed HDEF and HDAU, not needed).
- Updated config.plist (Changed to user Audio layout to 1).
01/22/2019 20:47h GMT-0
- I gave up on the AppleALC.
- Headset does not work.
- Now with VoodooHDA is perfect and the sound even louder.
01/22/2019 14:37h GMT-0
- Add info about update 10.14.3.
01/22/2019 13:46h GMT-0
- Add link to BIOS reassing guide.
01/20/2019 11:49h GMT-0
- First version.
What works and what does not
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4300M -> Work. All SpeedStep stages.
- Video Card: Intel HD4600 -> Work. QE/CI and Metal.
- Chipset: Intel QM87 -> Work.
- Mini DisplayPort -> Work. But no audio, yet.
- VGA -> Not work. Normal.
- Audio: ALC292 -> Work.
- WiFi/Bluetooth: Intel AC 7260 -> Not work. Replaced with DW1560 (need whitelist removal).
- Ethernet: Intel I217-LM -> Work.
- Card Reader: Realtek RTS5227 -> Not work.
- Keyboard and Touchpad -> Work.
- Webcam -> Work.
- Fingerprint Reader -> Not work. Normal.
- USB3.0 -> Work.
- Sleep -> Work.
- Airdrop, Handoff, Instant Hotspot and Continuity -> Work after replaced wireless.
- FullHD 1920x1080 display upgrade:
Replaced with AU Optronics B140HAN01.1 30pin eDP (B140HAN01.2 and B140HAN01.3 also compatible)
Apparently same screen as Dell Latitude E6440, E7440, Lenovo Ideapad U430 and E129.
- Make DP audio work.
- Make Card Reader work.
- Upgrade CPU to i7-4712MQ (Ordered. It's on the way) Done, but received i7-4700MQ (47w TDP and I have overheating issues)
- Replace touchpad with T460 model (Ordered. It's on the way)
- Sierra Gobi5000 4G LTE modem EM7355 (Ordered. It's on the way. I hope works. ) Done, but not work. Do not even recognize in LSPCI...
- Upgrade to 16GB RAM Done
What you need to install
- Running install of macOS
- One USB flash drive of 8GB or bigger
- macOS Mojave install app
- Clover EFI
- Clover Configurator
- Some KEXTs and SSDT patches
How create create the install flash drive
Prepare install flash drive
Format the flash drive with GUID partition mapping and name it "Install".
- Open Disk Utility.
- Click in View, then "Show All Devices".
- Select the destination flash drive, then Erase.
- Name: Install, Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and Scheme: GUID Partition Map
Create install flash drive
Open terminal and run this command:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ .app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install --nointeraction This will take about 30 minutes.
Download the RehabMan's CloverEFI fork (used 4701) and install with this options on "Install macOS Mojave":
- Install for UEFI booting only
- Install Clover in the ESP
- UEFI Drivers - ApfsDriverLoader-64
- UEFI Drivers - AptioMemoryFix64
Make things works
Will be created a partition named EFI and mounted in Desktop.
- Replace the /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with mine attached below
If you have modded BIOS with Advanced Menu and enabled 128MB DRAM-prealloc use 128MB_DRAM-prealloc_config.plist.zip
If no, then use 32MB_DRAM-prealloc_config.plist.zip
- Put SSDT-L440.aml attached below in /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
Generate your Serial, MLB and SmUUID
- Open the replaced config.plist with Clover Configurator (used 22.214.171.124)
- Go to SMBIOS, click few times in "Generate New" in Serial Number and SmUUID.
Download those Kexts and put in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
- Download the FakeSMC.kext from here. I used the version 2018-0915.
- Download the VoodooPS2Controller.kext from here. I used version 2018-1008.
- Download the IntelMausiEthernet.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1031.
- Download the Lilu.kext from here. I used the version 1.3.1.
- Download the AppleALC.kext from here. I used the version 1.3.4.
- Download the VoodooHDA from here. I used the version 2.9.1.
- Download the WhateverGreen.kext from here. I used the version 1.2.6.
- Download the AppleBacklightFixup.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1013.
- Download the USBInjectAll.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1108.
- Download the ACPIBatteryManager.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1005.
Wifi and Bluetooth (DW1560 / BCM94352Z)
Unfortunately, some notebook manufacturers are currently blocking the replacement of wireless cards. They want you to only use the models sold by them. And of course, none of them from Lenovo for this notebook model is compatible with MacOS.
If you try to start with an unauthorized wifi card for them, you will receive a screen error:
1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the network card. Since this check is done directly in the BIOS, the only solution is to modify it.
But since nothing is easy in this life, there is one small big problem:
- The BIOS update procedure does not allow you to use modded files as it used to be.
- You will need to physically reach your BIOS on the motherboard and make use of a USB BIOS reader/writer.
So what you need to do:
1. Disassembly your laptop;
2. Dump your BIOS with an USB BIOS reader with SOIC8 clip (to not desolder from the motherboard);
3. Patch it (In addition to removing the whitelist, add the advanced menu);
4. Fix RSA signature;
5. Reflash BIOS;
6. Replace wireless card;
7. Remount your laptop;
Soon, I'll provide step by step in this process. Probably until end of this week.
In the meantime, if you need to, send me your dump that I do steps 3 and 4 for you.
I also add the Advanced Menu so you can increase to 128MB the DRAM-prealloc.
To fix a Modded BIOS to remove the 5 beeps on boot, you need this guide: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/337333-guide-fix-insyde-h2o-bios-signature-5-beeps-on-lenovo (traduzido: pt-BR)
After replaced the wireless card. Download those Kexts and put in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
- Download the AirportBrcmFixup.kext from here. I used the version 1.1.9.
- Download the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext from here. I used the version 2018-0505.
- Download the BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext from here. I used the version 1.1.2.
Now you can start the instalation without problem (I guess).
UEFI Setup Configuration and Installation
My BIOS is the latest: 1.93 (J4ET93WW)
- Shutdown and insert the flash drive.
- Power on with F1 pressed to enter BIOS setup.
- Change value: Config - Intel(R) AMT - Intel(R) AMT Control to DISABLED
- Change value: Security - Security Chip to DISABLED
- Change value: Security - Anti-Theft - Intel(R) AT Module Activation to DISABLED
- Change value: Security - Anti-Theft - Computrace to DISABLED
- Change value: Security - Secure Boot to DISABLED
- Change value: Startup - UEFI/Legacy Boot to BOTH, Legacy First and CSM Support = Yes
- Save & Exit Setup (F10)
- Now, hold the F12
- In the list, select your flash drive.
The installer will start.
Format destination disk
Format the disk with GUID partition mapping and name it "Macintosh".
- Select Disk Utility in the list, then press Continue.
- Click in View, then "Show All Devices".
- Select the destination Disk, then Erase.
- Name: HD, Format: APFS and Scheme: GUID Partition Map
Close Disk Utility.
Select "Install macOS", then Continue.
Follow instructions in screen.
After first part install the system will reboot. Maybe you have to press F12 again and select the flash drive.
The second part of the installation will begin. This will take 16 minutes.
When the second part of install finish, the system will reboot again.
After performing the user initial setup and go to the desktop, you need to install Clover on internal disk.
Open the Clover installer inside flash drive that you copied before.
Use same options above but choose the system partition this time.
Now you need to replace the config.plist inside your destination disk EFI parittion with config.plist inside flash card EFI partition.
The flash drive EFI partition is unmounted. Mount with terminal "sudo diskutil mount /dev/rdiskXs1". To know what X is, use "diskutil list", most likely is 1.
Copy all Kexts from flash drive to /Library/Extensions, with those commands in Terminal:
sudo cp -R /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/* /Library/Extensions/ sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions sudo kextcache -i / Restart the system.
System update 10.14.3
- Updated with success;
- Everything works perfectly after reboot;
And last but not least
I would like to thank the following community members, by making these dream possible:
@crushers, @snatch, @apianti, @blackosx, @blusseau, @dmazar, @slice2009, @autumnrain, @phpdev32, @EMlyDinEsH, @RehabMan, @Scellow, @mitch_de, @Shailua, @Andy Vandijck, @maxfierke, @ArturXXX, @LexHimself, @brumas, @Shiki and all others members involved directly or indirectly.
Hi, First of all, sorry for my English.
I want to buy a WiFi/bt card for my hackintosh. I want a card that have a native support for MacOS because I need to use Handoff and AirDrop. I saw the card in the link below: anyone could tell me if the card have the requirements I mentioned before?
wifi/bt card Broadcom 94352Z DW1560: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.it%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F272204993348
macos Mojave 10.14.3
gpu: gtx 1060 6gb (not work on Mojave)
Ram: 16Gb ddr4 2133 MHz
Hi, I replaced the H170N-WIFI onboard bt card with the ASUS USB BT400 dongle. It works but Handoff and AirDrop won’t work. I install all kexts for fixing Broadcom card, but in System Information, in Bluetooth section I see “Handoff: no”. Anyone can help me? Sorry for my English!
gpu: gtx 1060 6gb (not work on Mojave)
Ram: 16Gb ddr4 2133 MHz