• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By EmriBG
      Hello everyone,
      I found a guide on how to install Catalina on Lenovo M920q, everything works well but the installation is freezing up.
      The USB bootable drive is a recovery one with internet based installation. The internet is working well on the pre-installation setup (I tested it, when you can use the utilities).
      The installation is freezing whether I am installing the macOS or not.
      I've attached my EFI partition so you can check if there's anything to add.
      Will realy appreciate any kind of help (quit noob to the whole thing).
      Thanks in advance and stay safe!

NOTE: I did followed up the troubleshooting guide of OpenCore installation forum and the answer was to add the  NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to the kexts and configure it on the .plist file.
      This is the original EFI folder: EFI.zip
      Thats the one with the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext added: EFI.zip

• By tlefko
      Site
      checkout our official site! https://twortech.wixsite.com/pcmac Version Info
      This build is compatible up to Big Sur Beta
      Now Compatible with macOS 11 Please leave feedback with issues or w/o Comitted to Updating up to OS 11 Latest Release Notes
      Fixed Bluetooth and Wifi Stability Issues Improved Preformance and Power Managements Can Provide Files for Display Overrides Additional Patches for 4K Display updated for Big Sur if using unsupported wifi card disable it in bios use config.plist FIXED SLEEP WAKE BUG Exact same functionality as Catalina What Works / Does Not
      Everything works minus in-built mic Some displays may be detected as 40hz (working on fix) Notes
      Never tested USB C over Display Output, everything else works flawlessly USB devices eject on sleep (not really an issue) POST
      run sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 If no mouse, install all voodoo kexts using Kext Utility Description
      This esentially an ultra-simplistic version that is stable without the use of a deploy or complicated file installations and copies. You can easily view all the SSDT patches along with configuration files for the bootloader as they are all documented clearly in the files. This does include a copy of Clover, which of course I do not contribute to and am only responsible for the provided files, patches, and kext placements This guide provides a working setup with little knowledge of the topic and without "optimization" (because often they can break things). But, it is fully functional and preforms properly and is stable Make sure you are using DW1560 for wifi or else KP. If not using remove BRCM kexts from CLOVER>kexts>other. BIOS Setup
      Disable Secure Boot INSTALL (VERY IMPORTANT)
      Due to structural changes in the setup of apple's Big sur, this EFI cannot boot the installer it can only boot into a system / device that has already been created and setup. To do this, you need to install Big Sur to a virtual machine (lots of guides online) and then create an dmg of that system, and restore it onto your HDD using the 'dd' command There are various guides online how to get this virtual machine setup complete. You can then use the attached EFI folder to boot and use macOS big Sur You can use this video to show you how to get your macOS pre-installed onto your hard drive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMU3nhcbWHw Boot Entry Setup
      Due to the fact this BIOS is locked down pretty heavily, reccomended to use Windows to find a free tool to add UEFI boot entries Messages and Facetime
      Gnerate your own Serials, Board Numbers, MLB There are various guides online to do this and as default they're set to essentially Null (Fakeserial) This is fairly straightforward and there is lots of external recourses, or you can contact me for support. Headphones and Audio
      All audio from speakers should work perfectly along with Bluetooth and USB audio no internal mic Credits
      MaLd0n for DSDT Patches (HUGE SHOUTOUT) Original Kext Authors Clover Team Finished!
      Congratulations, there really aren't any more steps that are required. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Donations
      Send me a coffee/beer lefkotyler@gmail.com  

*check GitHub for latest releases and faster support https://github.com/tlefko/HP-Envy-13-Big-Sur
      EFI.zip
    • By chris1111
      Here my theme of OC 
      Resources.zip

Resource with new Tool icon
      Resources-New Tool icon.zip

Black version Update sector 30
      Black version Selector30.zip

Change the selector in the simple theme 
      thanks @blackosx
      Selector 10
      Resources Slector10.zip
      Selector 40
      Resources Slector40.zip
      Resource 10 with new tool icon
      Resources Slector10 new tool.zip

• By tonyx86
      **********************************************************************************
      In this thread, I have fully documented the installation of macOS Catalina on my HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini. It is a PERFECT HackMini8,1 and is running very well for me without any issues. I hope this documentation helps you to install macOS on your hack. Please leave feedback if you think there is anything I can improve and let me know if you have any questions.
      **********************************************************************************

Background
      This is my first "modern" hack supporting UEFI and my first hack using Clover "on-the-fly" patches.  My previous hacks
      Laptop: Thinkpad T61 / Nvidia NVS 140m Laptop: Dell Latitude E6410 / Nvidia G3100m Desktop: Gigabyte G31 / GeForce 9600 Desktop: Biostar TH55HD / Sapphire Pulse RX580 (Google "Catalina Biostar TH55HD" and look for user name deeveedee)  
      are all perfectly running Catalina and I patched them all "manually" - all DSDT patches applied with MaciSL with virtually no Clover on-the-fly patching and all booted Legacy Clover.  This UEFI hack was MUCH easier and took about 20 hours vs. a combined hundreds of hours for the old hacks.  I wanted a hack that was a little more future proof and I think this is it.  I hope you enjoy this as much as I am enjoying it.  It is a perfect MacMini8,1.

My system specs
      HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini (I7-8700T / UHD 630 / Q370 Chipset / 32GB DDR4 RAM) 3 x DP Ports (connected to monitors using DP -> DVI adapters) 6 x USB 3.1 1 x USB Type-C 3.1 2 x NVMe SSD (M.2 PCIe x4 2280/2230 combo ports) 1 x SATA6 SSD 1 x Intel Ethernet RJ-45 Conexant CX20632 Audio Codec Unsupported M.2 PCIe x1 2230 Intel Wi-Fi.  A possible solution is here, but I am NOT offering any support for this.  
      macOS Installation 
      Important: You MUST BE LOGGED-IN to download attachments from this forum
      See macOS installation steps here See Known Issues here for additional installation steps that may not yet be included in my attached config files See CLOVER (UEFI) installation later in this first post
      See BIOS configuration in attached BIOS configuration PDF document
      See EFI and /L/E kexts in attached EliteDesk.zip archive See how I developed my installation methodology here See references here See instructions here for installing two M.2 2280 NVMe SSDs and one SATA HD / SSD  
      What is not working
      Microphone port  
      What is not tested
      USB c 3.1 port (I have partially tested the USB 3 functionality of the port and it seems to be working fine with the SSDT-UIAC.aml in the attached EliteDesk800.zip archive) Wi-Fi / Bluetooth (intentional since I have not yet replaced my Intel card). A possible solution is here, but I am not offering any support for this.

What is working
      Everything not mentioned above Sleep / Wake Multiple displays with IGPU graphics acceleration, hot pluggable display ports and DP->DVI adapters USB 3.1 ports Audio (internal speaker and headphone jack) Ethernet Auto-sensing headphone jack automatically switches to internal speaker when headphones removed  
      Known Issues and their solutions - see here

BIOS Version / Configuration
      Version: 02.11.01 Rev.A See attached BIOS configuration in PDF document "HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini BIOS Configuration.pdf" Intel ME must be enabled for proper sleep / wake of UHD 630

Clover Configuration
      Clover for UEFI booting only Install Clover in the ESP UEFI Drivers Recommended drivers DataHubDxe FSInject SMCHelper File System drivers ApfsDriverLoader VBoxHfs Memory fix drivers AptioMemoryFix Additional drivers NvmExpressDxe Install RC scripts on target volume Themes Choose your desired theme Install Clover Preference Pane (option not available when installing on USB thumb drive)  
      UHD 630 Framebuffer Patching
      See here and here to understand my graphics properties for use with WhateverGreen.kext Read this to see my attempt at graphics patching without WhateverGreen.kext (WEG) to get a better understanding of what WEG is doing

Current Versions
      Catalina 10.15.6 Clover (UEFI) r5119 Lilu.kext 1.4.5 WhateverGreen.kext 1.4.0 AppleALC.kext 1.5.0 IntelMausi 1.0.3 (Not IntelMausiEthernet)  
      Credits To be provided

ScreenShots

HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini BIOS Configuration.pdf

EliteDesk800 G4 Mini - Rev 1.0.zip
    • By PropoFlexWX4
      This new case will be arriving for me tomorrow.

It's the model M25-W White Version.

It has an integrated 7.1 sound card.
      Which means the machine will effectively have 2 sound cards...

Unfortunately I couldn't find any info on the card's model.  

Does anyone have experience with Hackintoshing on non-standard audio configurations like this?