Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MadFive

Dell latitude E5430 graphic support - Help please!

3 posts in this topic

Hello!

I'd like to ask for some help with the installation of OS X 10.11.6 on a Dell latitude E5430.
The problem is, that I can't get to the installation screen.
More precisely, when I get there the screen glitches out so I can't even start the installation. After connecting the laptop to an external monitor the install screen appears with a cursor but the screen is still completely unreadable...
I'm not an expert but I think the problem is somewhere in the video support... So I've tried several guides and fixes but none of them worked for me. (I managed to get past a missing IOBluetooth panic by using a patched dsdt)

With a combination of different config settings, dsdts and kexts I managed to reach the installation screen but only without any input at all... After fixing the input problem the screen was gone again...

Do you have any similar experience? Please help if you have any idea for a solution!
Thank you in advance,

MadFive

SPECS:
  • model:    Dell latitude E5430
  • resolution:    1366 x 768
  • CPU:    Intel Core i5 3320M / 2.6 GHz (SandyBridge?)
  • GPU:    Intel HD Graphics 4000
  • memory:   8GB
  • Boot Loader:   Clover 4128

files:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxw0nqNU5VKFUDF0OUFUM0dSY0k

Advertisement

I have 6430 with the same CPU, it is IvyBridge. Same screen.

The graphics works with Inject->intel=YES

ig-platform-id=0x01660003

I also have Nvidia NVS5200M. It is not working, so I set Optimus=Enable in BIOS. Yes, enable!

EDIT1:

Looking your config I notice you did the same, but

InjectEDID=YES is obsolete

you have to write

EDID->Inject=YES

And I set DualLink=1

DualLink is not normally required on low-res LCD; only on high res models (1600x900 and above) with which you must also use layout-id 0x01660004.

Use MacBookPro9,2 SMBIOS, not MBP8,1 which is SandyBridge/HD3000...

Here's your revised DSDT where _DSM method of Device (IGPU) has been modified as follows:

1. layout-id changed from hires 01660004 to lores 01660003
  2. Dualink changed from 1 to 0

Give that a try.

DSDT.aml.zip

And here's a revised Clover config.plist because yours was quite messy and erroneous (devices, patches, SMBIOS, etc.).

config.plist.zip

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By _ivan_palmisano_
      Ho provato tutti i modi ma sono arrivato alla conclusione che ha bisogno di una patch DSDT.
      Ciao, ho recentemente un hackintosh nel mio laptop e devo risolvere l'attacco video HDMI che non ha eseguito quando collego il mio laptop alla TV.
      le foto con queste informazioni sono state fatte con un programma quando che avrei vinto 10 nell'altra foto l'informazione di hackintosh.
      Acer Aspire 5741g Modello High Sierra System!
      Caratteristiche:
      CPU: Intel Core I3 350M 2.27Ghz Arrandale 32nm Tecnologia
      Ram: 6: 00GB
      Grafica: Monitor Pnp generico (1366x768 Ghz) 1024mb Nvidia GeForce GT 320M (Acer Incorporated)
      Archiviazione: 465 GB Sata
      Driver Optiocal: Optiarc DVD RW- AS-7585H
      Audio: dispositivo audio ad alta degradazione
      Qualcuno può aiutarmi!?! E 'la terza volta che faccio questo post in questo gruppo visto che sono nuovo nel mondo hackintosh preferisco se qualcuno è capace a risolvere il mio problema che lo faccia in remoto così non faccio sbagli.
    • By hiprynce
      Hey guys,

I'm trying to install my second Hackintosh system now for like 2 days (first one was Z370, super easy, super stable) with Vanilla Install, but I just can't get the X299 system working.
      I followed the Vanilla Hackintosh Guide strictly and just changed the SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1 in the config.plist.

After selecting the macOS Installer drive on Clover boot menu I never get to the installation process of Catalina... most of the time I get the progress bar to load up until 100% but it never goes further.

Going into verbose mode I got that message at last: IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 error.

I tried also using the same EFI with a Mojave installer which let me actually install it but the installation process was super slow and laggy - I had to cancel it.

It's now my third day trying to get this done and I'm really feeling frustrated about it as I've been doing nothing else than trying out various solutions I could google.

My kexts:
      AppleALC Lilu WhateverGreen USBInjectAll XHCI-Unsupported IntelMausiEthernet VirtualSMC  
      My system:
      CPU: Intel Core i9-10900X
      Motherboard: ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II
      CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62
      RAM: 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 G.Skill Trident Z Royal
      GPU: Sapphire RX5700 XT Nitro+ SE
      PSU: Corsair HX750i
      SSD: 2x 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus (both firmwares updated!)

I really hope someone can help me out!
    • By holyfield
      Do you want some help from an online community? 

Building Hacks has always been community based venture, where personal gain comes from working with others. 

Let’s ask one very simple but the serious and important question first! Why anyone should help you at all? Really? What’s so special about you? What people gain from helping you except the waste of their valuable lifetime? Time is the most precious resource! There is no way to turn back wasted time! Problems are a normal part of  of life. Mostly problems are some obstacles we need to overcome. But another hand, if you do not learn how to deal with your own problems, life will be a difficult path for you. Why other's should make their life difficult because of you? 

Before you ask any help, learn how to ask for help. And I can bet that most people don't do it! They will waste their own and others precious lifetime again and again! 

I have decided that I will help only people who deserve it! Who are they? 

Those who:
      are attempted to help themselves first; are providing valuable information about their case and don't force others to guess; have the will to learn how to solve issues by self and do not gamble by trying whatever jumps in mind or do blindly what some ignorant dumb suggests; are really helping others;  highly value the time of others.  
      People who are not willing to learn and don't pay attention to details never deserve any help as there is no way to help them.

Guidelines for asking help for Hackintosh related issues.

For first I have to make another disclaimer!

If you don't want to learn about computing, do not waste your's and other's time and money on building Hack by self, instead
      just buy a genuine Mac and contact Apple's support whenever you need some help; or second option, find some IT pro who can build the Hack for you and pay very well for his help.  
      If you decided otherwise, then:
      Take time to read the Community Rules. Admit that if some person pays attention to you, it's actually personal support case like Apple Care etc! Respect them! Admit that your knowledge is lacking and you have to learn about what you are trying to do. RTFM. RTFM is an initialism for the expression "read the fu**ing manual".  How would you solve the problem without the computer, just with a pencil and paper? Learn to debug, which is just a scientific way of narrowing down the reasons. Research first, do not post first! On 99% of cases someone already had the same or very similar issue. Learn how to leave others out of guesswork - collect diagnostics data which can help others on solving your case. Do not post any help requests without diagnostics data and details about your system. One specific problem at a time! Learn to set strict boundaries rather than trying to solve everything within one request.  

Useful tools

Hackintool * - An extremely useful GUI to handle several Hack issues but not intent to be an automated patching tool that does all the work for you. Ubuntu Live USB * - There are plenty of tasks, which you cannot complete on Hack and you need to boot you comp into Linux.  
      * - must have

Useful quotes

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. (An old proverb)
      .. you do not have obligation to help... @C.Frio

You are welcome to post your recommendations how to ask help. 

• By stanleyhalim
      I'm done with Catalina beta with virtual machine and run very laggy. i tried to install in my second HDD but have no luck. anyone can advice me which OS suitable for me, which kext i need and how to setup my bios setting. Please.    

• By mikiszx
      can i make hackintosh

Intel Core i5 8265U

8GB  RAM DDR4

1TB  HDD 

GeForce MX 230 Graphics Processor 

I already know that the Graphics Processor doesn't work, so i'll need to disable it
      If anyone has the same machine or can help me