Nforce4 problem!

11 posts in this topic

I did some research on the forums try all the file stuff in extentions folder, i had it installed on my p4 now i i got the hd on my new AMDX2 4400, asus a8n sli premium, not after puting the "AppleOnboardPCATA and IOATAFamily" in it gets stuck at AppleNVIDIAnForceata. Help please.

• 4 weeks later...

disregard that mac girl sorry to bother u i got osx to run smoothly, i got the net and sound to work, i installed the macvidia alpha drivers and the osx update and ran xbench on got a score of 76 or something, my next move is getting cpuz to work on it. :D

oh i installed the lastest darwin kernal and ran winhelper and got cpuz to work, one problem with it is it only displays the cpu info, not memory info or motherboard info, i get to that soon enough. ill work on editing the .exe in windows later.

hey, help us out. how'd you do it, can you give us a link to those things?

ok ive posted this everywhere on ppl asking the same thing use this method it works for nforce4 only http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=3851

@spclffred : do you have the ethernet working natively? i have an a8n-sli deluxe mobo and i thought the premium had the same network controllers as the deluxe version. I don't have ethernet and I wonder how you got it to work? Also, do you have osX installed on your ide or sata drive since my sata drive is not recognized during installation?

I would really appreciate the help, thanks.

my best guess is, he went out and bought an ethernet card. Currently nforce 4 ethernet is shown as not supported on the HCL. also that link given only shows udma and sound kext files for nForce 4, no ethernet. it's easy to solve the ethernet issue by buying a $10 card but it has been sata support bothering me the most. hope someone comes up with a solution.

...and people say linux is difficult to master :D I had much more fun getting stuff to work wih debian than i did with mac OS X. It is a wonderful OS none the less, I can see why people would pay so much for pesky hardware to have a smooth OS like this.

The situation doesn't seem to change with x86 version either. People with spartan intel systems with onboard graphics get more out of the OS than hardware freaks like myself. Shelled out 200 bucks for this mobo with dual lan and not even one of them is recognized. Tough luck.