OSx86 gaming

Soündless

34 posts in this topic

Dowloaded Bricks of atlantis trial today. It works perfect on my SSE3 system.

My system has ECS mainboard with Intel 915 chipset , P4 prescot 630 3GHz overclocked to 3.24GHz, Saphire Radeon X1600pro-256 (Boris_badenov_3.2 driver)

See:

brick.jpg

It's like I said before. Start from a 10.4.5 system and upgrade upto 10.4.7. Avoid 10.4.8 like hell!!!! If you do need that particular 10.4.8-app then fool the OS with the version.plist.

How you get that game in the screenshot running m8 all games from that company just crash on me any clues

• 2 weeks later...
How you get that game in the screenshot running m8 all games from that company just crash on me any clues

I first installed 10.4.6. Archived the Apps from 10.4.6 because I need them later on for the 10.4.7 upgrade.

Then I started my final install with 10.4.5 MYZAR DVD

Replaced the 10.4.5 with the ones from my 10.4.6-archived ones.

Then updated to 10.4.7

--> If do the update on the 10.4.5 apps then iSync doesn't work. I haven't tested whether other apps are affected as well.

Installed the Boris_Badenov-3.2 ati patch/drivers.

Changed the systemversion.plist to 10.4.8 to get Photoshop universal binary installed (PS installer only works on 10.4.8). If you don't have apps that require 10.4.8 then you don't need to change the systemversion.plist.

Now my systems works as it should with the best compatibility with my hardware.

Hope this works for you too

EPDM

Confirm nvidia geforce 7300 gs work with quake 4, aoe 3 and unreal tournament first original one havnt try the 2004 yet. using natit driver. Good performance

jeezoflip change your graphic card it would do you much good. I had that card on my bro's hackintosh and even on windows the games performance just suckz.. counter strike source or even a bit of quake 4 it lag to hell..

Quake 4 Benchmark result using playnettimedemo id_demo001 command with X1900XT

Settings : 1280x1024 no AA Vsync Off High Quality All Other Graphical Options Selected as Yes

gives me a bismal 52.91 FPS and before you ask this was the 2nd run so no HDD slowness involved during the process.

My question is this : Mac Pro's seem to be getting 80-85 fps with the same settings and my card is the exact same card used in Mac Pro so what could be causing this large performance gap, it can't be the proc/mem subsystem because graphics is what really counts in these kind of games not anything else. One thing I noticed though that the card never heats up to the level that the fans kick in which used to happen with any 3D game under Windows suggesting it's not working to it's limits. If someone with a similar configuration can confirm this it would relate to a performance problem with the graphics drivers currently used I believe.

what are your specs? system memory/bus/and processing power will affect a game like Q4 with an intense AI system.

Quake 4 Benchmark result using playnettimedemo id_demo001 command with X1900XT

Settings : 1280x1024 no AA Vsync Off High Quality All Other Graphical Options Selected as Yes

gives me a bismal 52.91 FPS and before you ask this was the 2nd run so no HDD slowness involved during the process.

My question is this : Mac Pro's seem to be getting 80-85

getting 80 fps myself with same settings, only ran it once (didnt have time for a 2nd) and had a a bunch of apps/itunes running too:

2811 frames in 35299 ms: 79.63 fps

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the late reply

here are my specs

Pentium D 930 @ 4.2

2 GIG PC2-5300 @ 820 MHz

AW8-Max (goddamn Broadcom 5789 works very choppy and has Mac adress 0s all the way)

512MB Asus EAX1900CF Edition

250GB sata2

• 2 weeks later...
sorry for the late reply

here are my specs

Pentium D 930 @ 4.2

2 GIG PC2-5300 @ 820 MHz

AW8-Max (goddamn Broadcom 5789 works very choppy and has Mac adress 0s all the way)

512MB Asus EAX1900CF Edition

250GB sata2

Pentium D says it all...

• 3 weeks later...