Gigamaxx

AMD High Sierra Kernel Release and Testing

1,092 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
On 8/28/2018 at 6:50 AM, jsl2000 said:

Unfortunately this kernel.t3 got instant reboot in my FX-6300 hackintosh !

On 8/28/2018 at 10:01 AM, fagneroliveira said:

kernel panic

What about this one ?

kernel.t10.zip

Edited by AlGrey

Advertisement
10 hours ago, AlGrey said:

What about this one ?

kernel.t10.zip

This one gives me higher CPU scores in Cinebench, slightly lower in OPENCL. OS Runs smooth and fast. Video playback works flawlessly. Thank you for this :)

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 5.43.58 AM.png

44 minutes ago, tikizondo94 said:

This one gives me higher CPU scores in Cinebench, slightly lower in OPENCL. OS Runs smooth and fast. Video playback works flawlessly. Thank you for this :)

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 5.43.58 AM.png

Can you post full output of sysctl -a please. Also try opening TextWrangler and see if it crashes.

1 hour ago, linjimmy said:

2018.0821 AMD ThreadRipper 2990WX is hackintosh succes

Thanks @Shaneee, Bronya~

E0948E4E-519D-466C-8CB7-8FD71652A8DE.png

Nice, did the benchmarks work, results?

On 8/31/2018 at 7:04 AM, AlGrey said:

What about this one ?

kernel.t10.zip

Thanks for this new kernel.t10 which got best score of GPU by Cinebench R15 in my FX-6300 hackintosh.

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 9.26.28 AM.png

Edited by jsl2000

On 9/2/2018 at 12:42 PM, Gigamaxx said:

Nice, did the benchmarks work, results?

Yes.CINEBENCH_R15

Geekbench 4 Forgot to take a screenshot.

3CB7643FFF817FFBBF84B27AC88D8F2D.jpg

FCF6AC8593B20A0D675E8DBF8B98AEAC.jpg

5 hours ago, Shaneee said:

@linjimmy Nice. Can you share the full benchmarks and the output of sysctl -a so we can check info is correct.

ok. I will send it to you tomorrow.

39 minutes ago, linjimmy said:

Yes.CINEBENCH_R15

Geekbench 4 Forgot to take a screenshot.

3CB7643FFF817FFBBF84B27AC88D8F2D.jpg

FCF6AC8593B20A0D675E8DBF8B98AEAC.jpg

ok. I will send it to you tomorrow.

Nice, with optimizations you should be able to reach 5000-6000 or so like windows.    I’ve read there is a gaming mode that keeps the cores defaulted at 16 cores for gaming performance.  

2990x-threadripper-scores.jpg

Hi Shaneee

I've waited for a long time to update from the good old Bronya kernel, but now tested your t10 kernel.

I'm positively surprised, scores are really good. Video/audio sync is perfect in youtube movies, which was not the case with the Bronya kernel.

And more important: sleep finally works perfectly!

Still tricky: shut down. I'm using FixShutdown and Halt Enabler in Clover Acpi options.

Shutdown works after deleting GenericUSBXHCI.kext from S/L/E. Now using USBInjectAll.kext in the Clover/kexts folder, but my USB3 ports are not working.

Promising evolution! I hope Apple will post latest kernel source soon, so we can update to 10.13.6.

Keep up the good work

44 minutes ago, AntarcticP said:

Hi Shaneee

I've waited for a long time to update from the good old Bronya kernel, but now tested your t10 kernel.

I'm positively surprised, scores are really good. Video/audio sync is perfect in youtube movies, which was not the case with the Bronya kernel.

Still tricky: shut down. I'm using FixShutdown and Halt Enabler in Clover Acpi options.

Shutdown works after deleting GenericUSBXHCI.kext from S/L/E. Now using USBInjectAll.kext in the Clover/kexts folder, but my USB3 ports are not working.

Promising evolution! I hope Apple will post latest kernel source soon, so we can update to 10.13.6.

Keep up the good work

I wish this tool would work for AMD for the USB ports.

2 hours ago, AntarcticP said:

Hi Shaneee

Keep up the good work

sure thanks for the credit dude... 

1 hour ago, Gigamaxx said:

I wish this tool would work for AMD for the USB ports.

For USB use Ydeng's patch. 

6 hours ago, AlGrey said:

sure thanks for the credit dude... 

For USB use Ydeng's patch. 

Where is that patch?   I must have missed it before.

1 hour ago, Gigamaxx said:

Where is that patch?   I must have missed it before.

google

[NEW] NATIVE USB SUPPORT [RYZEN CPUS ONLY]

12 hours ago, AntarcticP said:

Hi Shaneee

Keep up the good work

The t10 kernel was @AlGrey so it's thanks to him not me :) Also for USB if it's Ryzen you've got google [NEW] NATIVE USB SUPPORT [RYZEN CPUS ONLY]

2 minutes ago, Mc Jacej said:

will try this on my amd a10 5800k,,

how about for non ryzen board?

sadly this is only for Ryzen cpu's only 

first of all I want to thank all those who contribute to this great forum, it is really fabulous.

I'm new to this Hackintosh, but I've always used mac, so now that I bought a new computer I thought about installing the apple operating system from the beginning and thanks to its guidance I almost achieved it, the bad thing is that I have a small problem, it may be that someone already solved it, but I could not find the solution between the mountain of information that is here, I hope you forgive me if it is something redundant.

The issue is that my installation is great until I have to do the first reboot from my HD where I install the high saw, since it loads a black screen with white letters as if it were charging and then turns off the screen and is completely black and does not advance or let me go anywhere, attached I leave the last image I can take and a video that I record with my cell phone, I hope you can see it

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dIoAmgI0Afh8_p4qec9XfsyteZTvicHw/view?usp=sharing <--image

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G3l48YHOb7YzL-6vICE1GZdvzWm5-QNn/view?usp=sharing <-- video