Gigamaxx

AMD High Sierra Kernel Release and Testing

1,092 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
Just now, Shaneee said:

Can you please share a screenshot of CPU-Z in Windows and the output of this in terminal please

sysctl -a | grep hw.

FX-6300.txt

cpu-z-1.png

Edited by jsl2000

Advertisement
Posted (edited)

For amd FX 8350 

the new kernel is more smooth

Nvidia on cinebench have  40 fps  before   29

cinebench  cpu without  pstate 490  before  230

ethernet  load but no connection.

sys.rtf

Captura de Tela (2).png

Edited by fagneroliveira
wrong image

7 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

Great. Can you test this one please and if it boots fine the same sysctl output please. You can use kcsuffix=test to boot it once you've run sudo kextcache -u / to build prelinkedkernel.test

kernel.test.zip

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Shaneee said:

Great. Can you test this one please and if it boots fine the same sysctl output please. You can use kcsuffix=test to boot it once you've run sudo kextcache -u / to build prelinkedkernel.test

kernel.test.zip

Unfortunately it can not boot to desktop and hanged after IOConsoleUsers: ......(2 lines).

Rebooted by previous working kernel and rebuild prelinkedkernel by Kext Utility it can boot to desktop now.

Attached test.txt is what you want.

3 hours ago, AlGrey said:

Give this one a try too with kcsuffix=testb  and save the entire output from 

sysctl -a

kernel.testb.zip

Unfortunately it got reboot instantly by Clover r.4586 or Enoch r.2905.

test.txt

Edited by jsl2000

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:
2 hours ago, AlGrey said:

Give this one a try too with kcsuffix=testb  and save the entire output from 

sysctl -a

kernel.testb.zip

Unfortunately it got reboot instantly by Clover r.4586 or Enoch r.2905.

Try with this one 

kernel.testb.zip

Btw your test.txt is empty :P

Edited by AlGrey

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AlGrey said:

Try with this one 

kernel.testb.zip

Btw your test.txt is empty :P

Thanks for this new kernel which can boot to desktop now.

Both Shaneee's and yours can not handle power management as perfectly as Bronya's old kernel in which my FX-6300 hackintosh can restart/shutdown/wake-up from S3 sleep without any issues.

But all the others always got restart from wake-up from S3 sleep or unable to shutdown properly.

testb.txt

Edited by jsl2000

22 hours ago, Shaneee said:

Can you please share a screenshot of CPU-Z in Windows and the output of this in terminal please

sysctl -a | grep hw.

Hey Shaneee, just noticed with your latest test kernel I'm noticing video playback lag. Tested with VLC, IINA, and MPV. All are laggy. Quicktime playback works normal. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 6.42.23 AM.png

2 hours ago, tikizondo94 said:

Hey Shaneee, just noticed with your latest test kernel I'm noticing video playback lag. Tested with VLC, IINA, and MPV. All are laggy. Quicktime playback works normal. 

Can you share a CPU-Z screenshot from Windows and the full output from sysctl -a please.

Also test latest kernel. Use kcsuffix to test it.

13 minutes ago, Shaneee said:

Do you have any settings enabled in Clover for the CPU or the APIC.aml file from my Discord? If so remove them.

I do not. Only settings are Generate C States and Enable C6. 

CLOVER 2.zip

That's ok then. Try this kernel with the boot arg -enableleaf see if there is a change in playback. Use kcsuffix=test to boot with it once you've built the prelinkedkernel for it.

kernel.test.zip

30 minutes ago, Shaneee said:

That's ok then. Try this kernel with the boot arg -enableleaf see if there is a change in playback. Use kcsuffix=test to boot with it once you've built the prelinkedkernel for it.

kernel.test.zip

Latest test seems to play video flawlessly. But i cannot boot with -enableleaf added. 

Terminal Saved Output.txt

33 minutes ago, Shaneee said:

Any errors when booting? Works on my Ryzen 5 2400G.

Just gets stuck at the apple loading boot screen. Loading line makes it a quarter of the way and locks. "with -enableleaf added" 

Send me Pauls-iMac.zip

5 minutes ago, tikizondo94 said:

Just gets stuck at the apple loading boot screen. Loading line makes it a quarter of the way and locks. "with -enableleaf added" 

Send me Pauls-iMac.zip

Boot with verbose and see what's causing the issue.

7 minutes ago, Shaneee said:

Boot with verbose and see what's causing the issue.

This is where it locks. 

IMG_20180820_111119.jpg

Ohh ok shall work on the Leaf7 features. At least your video issue is fixed there. Also :hysterical:

Please go to https://forum.amd-osx.com to report this panic

Posted (edited)

I finally got to test the new kernel with R7 2700X, the 8 cores 16 threads works great and Geekbench score is good.   However, for some reason my Vega 64 card is scoring really low @ 28000 points.   I replaced with your old kernel and it went back up to 170,000.   Replaced the kernel again and  many relinked kernel reloads but it keeps getting low score.   Luxmark is fine and cinebencz is ok but Geekbench is not even close for some reason.  I'll download again and try over to confirm.

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 10.34.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 10.14.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 7.57.29 PM.png

I retested and have same results.   I tried my RX 480 and I get black screen.   I put lilu and weg Kexts in and same issue.  I* tested my R7 265 (AKA R9 270X0 it has the same low score in Geekbench compute.

On on a side note:   I tested the iMac Pro 1.1 definition and it won’t even load the pre kernel, no +++++++++++++ at all.    

Edited by Gigamaxx
Update

Wow, Thanks for new kernel @Shaneee! my FX-6300 is working very well with 4ghz clock! 

Well, I have only one question, why do Adobe software crash?

Captura de Tela 2018-08-23 às 01.13.52.png

2 hours ago, gudelgado_ said:

Wow, Thanks for new kernel @Shaneee! my FX-6300 is working very well with 4ghz clock! 

Well, I have only one question, why do Adobe software crash?

Run this app I made to fix the Adobe CC apps,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gt3cbuaxt4y2njm/Adobe CC Fix.zip?dl=0

On 8/22/2018 at 11:50 PM, Gigamaxx said:

I finally got to test the new kernel with R7 2700X, the 8 cores 16 threads works great and Geekbench score is good.   However, for some reason my Vega 64 card is scoring really low @ 28000 points.   I replaced with your old kernel and it went back up to 170,000.   Replaced the kernel again and  many relinked kernel reloads but it keeps getting low score.   Luxmark is fine and cinebencz is ok but Geekbench is not even close for some reason.  I'll download again and try over to confirm.

I retested and have same results.   I tried my RX 480 and I get black screen.   I put lilu and weg Kexts in and same issue.  I* tested my R7 265 (AKA R9 270X0 it has the same low score in Geekbench compute.

On on a side note:   I tested the iMac Pro 1.1 definition and it won’t even load the pre kernel, no +++++++++++++ at all.    

give this one a try 

kernel.test.zip